Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Ironic that in just a couple years it'll be otherkin hiding you from gamer-fascist kill squads.

shell that house, sgt luigi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

punchymcpunch posted:

blue shell those escapees, sgt waluigi

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

punchymcpunch posted:

iirc they threw trash at andrew wk so there is a dark side to them

The universe balances this out by braining Tula Tequila with liquor bottles

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

The universe balances this out by braining Tula Tequila with liquor bottles

Yeah assaulting women is pretty great.

Isn’t that about when she started going really bonkers into Nazis and paranoid conspiracies?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

It's was a brain aneurysm from a failed suicide attempt I think that caused her to go all pro-Hitler and looking at wikipedia it was a couple years after the juggalo incident.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Hah, I didn't know what library paste is so I googled and the first result:
http://www.letterology.com/2012/06/please-dont-eat-library-paste.html

quote:

Eating library paste was a popular arts and crafts pastime when I was young.

quote:

In addition to the flour and water, the paste contained small amounts of alum, which is poisonous when consumed in large doses.

Kennel has a new favorite as of 16:41 on Jul 15, 2018

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

It's was a brain aneurysm from a failed suicide attempt I think that caused her to go all pro-Hitler and looking at wikipedia it was a couple years after the juggalo incident.

Weird how brain damage seldom makes people move leftward

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kennel posted:

I don't know what alum actually does, all I remember is Bugs Bunny spraying it in that opera singer's mouth and his head shrunk to a pinprick while singing "Figaro, Figaro, Figaro FigaroFigaroFigaroFigaro"

So I assume library paste dude died from acute microencephalia

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Kennel posted:

If you've never eaten paste you're not missing much. Like a slightly sweet chemically nothing. Some kid in my 3rd grade class had a paste related nickname due to consuming it constantly.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Phy posted:

I don't know what alum actually does, all I remember is Bugs Bunny spraying it in that opera singer's mouth and his head shrunk to a pinprick while singing "Figaro, Figaro, Figaro FigaroFigaroFigaroFigaro"

So I assume library paste dude died from acute microencephalia

Alum is an astringent. It was common in straight-razor days to stanch the bleeding from shaving cuts, as it makes the skin shrink up around the wound and cuts off the blood supply.

The joke is that kids were always told not to eat paste because it was poisonous. In reality it barely was and nobody ever even got sick from it, but it kept kindergarteners from eating it.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Deteriorata posted:

Alum is an astringent. It was common in straight-razor days to stanch the bleeding from shaving cuts, as it makes the skin shrink up around the wound and cuts off the blood supply.

The joke is that kids were always told not to eat paste because it was poisonous. In reality it barely was and nobody ever even got sick from it, but it kept kindergarteners from eating it.

Alum was also used by opera singers to help their voices, iirc.

Also, a quick google found a 1lb bag in the food section on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Barry-Farm-Alum-1-lb/dp/B00016Q6BK

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Deteriorata posted:

Because it's basically just vegetables and water the brain basically looks at it and goes "this is food." This is why children and those with mental issues had a tendency to eat it. That or the starving.

This is also why it's a common joke that if you want to label somebody a moron you have them in the corner eating paste. Since it didn't hurt you some people just did it anyway but it was often those who had...well...problems.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I love memes like that from the 40s that the makers of kids' cartoons could just toss in because everybody understood them, but are now completely incomprehensible.

(Alum was also used in pickling, and households often made their own pickles so kids/people in general would probably have experienced what it's like to taste alum)

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

RFC2324 posted:

Alum was also used by opera singers to help their voices, iirc.

Also, a quick google found a 1lb bag in the food section on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Barry-Farm-Alum-1-lb/dp/B00016Q6BK

I went through the reviews to see if this stuff could actually be used as a styptic, because it's aluminum sulfate rather than potassium alum, and alum blocks/styptic pencils/alum powder actually marketed for shaving is ridiculously overpriced.

I didn't find the answer, and now I have more questions.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Data Graham posted:

I love memes like that from the 40s that the makers of kids' cartoons could just toss in because everybody understood them, but are now completely incomprehensible.

I'm still mad that the cowards at CW made Jughead's hat a beanie.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I made alum crystals from soda cans as part of my AP Chem project.

I really don't have anything else to add.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/boring_as_heck/status/1018534489251704834

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I went through the reviews to see if this stuff could actually be used as a styptic, because it's aluminum sulfate rather than potassium alum, and alum blocks/styptic pencils/alum powder actually marketed for shaving is ridiculously overpriced.

How often do you cut yourself shaving that buying a one pound bag of alum even becomes a consideration?

Maybe quit shaving with a cheese grater.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How often do you shave with the giant freaking sabre that was the standard men's shaving implement before the "safety razor" came along?

(No Aramek I am not talking to you)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Data Graham posted:

How often do you shave with the giant freaking sabre that was the standard men's shaving implement before the "safety razor" came along?

(No Aramek I am not talking to you)

also, every man in the past was an alcoholic, every last one of them. So straight razor + shakes because you haven't had a drink in 8 hours = you're gonna need an Amazon dash button for 1 pound bags of alum.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Bertrand Hustle posted:

my question is: how many rabbits did she have, and how many children

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/EmrgencyKittens/status/1017937258538774528

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I only just learned about Joe, but I think I'm gonna watch all of Joe's videos, and then join you in your sentiments.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

punchymcpunch posted:

Didn’t they also throw rocks and full beer cans at Tila Tequila, or something?

E: fb, need to remember to refresh

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Proteus Jones posted:

Didn’t they also throw rocks and full beer cans at Tila Tequila, or something?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

punchymcpunch posted:

Why would they do that?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Data Graham posted:

(Alum was also used in pickling, and households often made their own pickles so kids/people in general would probably have experienced what it's like to taste alum)

Does it hang like sleeve of wizard? Amazon has alum for that, too.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Can't believe they went with "be snug when you snuggle" instead of "pucker your fucker". Cowards.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Trig Discipline posted:

Can't believe they went with "be snug when you snuggle" instead of "pucker your fucker". Cowards.

lmao

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm still mad that the cowards at CW made Jughead's hat a beanie.

They kept the cut up hat far beyond the point where it made any sense to most people.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Flyball posted:

They kept the cut up hat far beyond the point where it made any sense to most people.

They made it into a beanie with a weird brim

It's terrible and sucks, but you can imagine it being sold in a terrible store today.

This is what it should look like

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/OrlandiniPy/status/1018547349285752832

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Paladinus posted:

Why would they do that?

It’s tradition to pelt anyone performing at a Gathering of the Juggalos with rocks, bottles, cans, piss and poo poo. And in one case an entire outhouse.

It started as drunk fans being angry that the performing act wasn’t ICP and continued because ICP started booking people that the juggalos would hate because it would be funny.

A good chunk of the audience actually like him so they were only throwing plastic bottles with barely any piss in them, to which he had great fun knocking them away midflight during the performance. Then someone tagged him in the face with a glass bottle and nearly concussed him.

Macdeo Lurjtux has a new favorite as of 23:45 on Jul 15, 2018

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

They made it into a beanie with a weird brim

It's terrible and sucks, but you can imagine it being sold in a terrible store today.

This is what it should look like

Congrats on knowing some trivia, you don’t need to pretend to be outraged in order to share it though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wendell posted:

Congrats on knowing some trivia, you don’t need to pretend to be outraged in order to share it though.

Pretend? Bitch, you have no idea.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

ToxicSlurpee posted:

All of the juggalos I've met have been not normal people that had lovely childhoods or were otherwise outcasts. Otherwise they've been pretty harmless but angry at the world. Whenever you read about them it's pretty common for them to say that they'll accept anybody with nowhere else to go and treat them as family. Seems pretty harmless to me as far as weird subcultures go.

I was a Juggalo in high school because I grew up in a lovely Detroit suburb when ICP was at their peak. I’d literally walk by their recording studio on the way home from school.

After a big brawl with half the football team, the Juggalos made sure to let everyone know they were welcome at our lunch table if they needed somewhere to sit, and if they were getting bullied that’d be handled. Being a Juggalo was embarrassing, but I’ll always be proud of that.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
"I was a juggalo in highschool" is a lot less embarrassing than what a lot of teenage 4chan users and twitch chat monsters are going to have to cop to here in the next 15 years.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Trig Discipline posted:

"Shim your quim"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

inkblot posted:

"I was a juggalo in highschool" is a lot less embarrassing than what a lot of teenage 4chan users and twitch chat monsters are going to have to cop to here in the next 15 years.

Seriously. Especially if there's a lot of "bullying is bad let's not put up with that poo poo" going on on top of it.