Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Good riddance DeMar Scum Murray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Ben Nevis posted:

Isn't he still competing with the guy who was TE 8 last year? That doesn't seem to bode well for Ebron.
They're both tight ends but they're not necessarily competing with each other. Both coach Frank Reich and Andrew Luck have had plenty of success running offenses with multiple tight ends and supposedly Ebron was lining up all over the place for the Colts in minicamp/OTAs. Doyle will play an in-line role mainly while they get creative with Ebron as the receiving tight end. And we ought to see plenty of multiple tight end packages since the team is in need of playmakers on the field. The WR room is TY Hilton and a bunch of scrubs.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What's Chris Ivory's ceiling if McCoy is out?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If you wanna bet on a one-dimensional grinder who just turned 30, does nothing in the passing game, always injured, and playing in a bottom-5 offense, then more power to you I guess

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I mean, hypothetically, it's probably a low end RB1 / high end RB2. The likelihood of him reaching his ceiling is probably the same as it was the last few years people believed in him.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Sataere posted:

I mean, hypothetically, it's probably a low end RB1 / high end RB2. The likelihood of him reaching his ceiling is probably the same as it was the last few years people believed in him.

So it's a sure thing?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I was worried there wouldn't be enough crazy commenters in NFL articles for a Hot Takes piece, this early.
It turns out, a lot of people posting on NFL articles during the dark period are, in fact, nuts.
So here's a jumbo edition of Hot Takes from Crazy People
https://footballabsurdity.com/2018/07/14/funny-comments-hot-takes-from-crazy-people/

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Drunk Nerds posted:

I was worried there wouldn't be enough crazy commenters in NFL articles for a Hot Takes piece, this early.
It turns out, a lot of people posting on NFL articles during the dark period are, in fact, nuts.
https://footballabsurdity.com/2018/07/14/funny-comments-hot-takes-from-crazy-people/

Stop linking your lovely site in every other thread you stupid mother fucker. This has nothing to do with fantasy football.

You are a talent-less hack, quit polluting something awful with your advertising poo poo posts.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ok friends we did this last year and it was good discussion (even if one of the this or that was Mike Williams and John Ross :lol: ). Parentheses are position and overall adp.

Ronald Jones (RB26, 59)
or
Royce Freeman (RB30, 84)

Sony Michel (RB24, 57)
or
Rashaad Penny (RB21, 39)

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jul 15, 2018

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Ok friends we did this last year and it was good discussion (even if one of the this or that was Mike Williams and John Ross :lol: ). Parentheses are position and overall adp.

Ronald Jones (RB26, 59)
or
Royce Freeman (RB30, 84)

Sony Michel (RB24, 57)
or
Rashaad Penny (RB21, 39)

Rojo over Freeman. When was the last time a DEN back was viable? And it's not like CJA is a bad runner...

I think I'd also take penny over Michel, on situation if nothing else.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Ronald Jones (RB26, 59)
or
Royce Freeman (RB30, 84)

Sony Michel (RB24, 57)
or
Rashaad Penny (RB21, 39)
Freeman > Jones. I would rather not invest in the Bucs backfield and feel like Freeman has the better odds to maybe earn a feature back role.

Michel > Penny. Michel's TD upside makes this an easy choice for me. I don't expect Seattle to get their poo poo together this year.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Drunk Nerds posted:

Post the thesis

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

Freeman > Jones. I would rather not invest in the Bucs backfield and feel like Freeman has the better odds to maybe earn a feature back role.

Michel > Penny. Michel's TD upside makes this an easy choice for me. I don't expect Seattle to get their poo poo together this year.

Would you feel the same way in dynasty?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Zauper posted:

Rojo over Freeman.

penny over Michel

Tiptoes posted:

Freeman > Jones.

Michel > Penny.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

For me, it's going to be Freeman and Penny, which means neither of you agree with me!

Freeman because he will get the lead back role. Devontae Booker already threw up all over himself trying to pull it off. Penny because of the spectre of Rex Burkhead.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

RCarr posted:

Would you feel the same way in dynasty?
I would probably lean Jones over Freeman in dynasty. I don't have an expert opinion on either player but from what I've read, I am just a little skeptical of his skillset immediately translating to NFL success with the Bucs. My guess right now is Jones will be flashy but inconsistent in 2018 and we just have to wait for that "NFL game slows down for a young player" moment. He probably looks a lot better after a second or third year leap.

I would still lean Michel over Penny in dynasty but that's probably more of a toss-up. Michel offers more bang for your buck over the short-term but there are enough variables in Penny's favor that he could be the better long-term asset. I just like the opportunities Michel will have in the Pats offense a lot more. Belichick wants a strong run game for Brady's final year(s).

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'm really high on Penny. He's my favorite rookie running back. I like Michel too, but from a dynasty standpoint, I'm concerned about his knees and fumbling. That knocks him down slightly.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Sataere posted:

I'm really high on Penny. He's my favorite rookie running back. I like Michel too, but from a dynasty standpoint, I'm concerned about his knees and fumbling. That knocks him down slightly.

Saquon???????????

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Freeman over RoJo (dynasty)
RoJo over Freeman (redraft)

Penny over Michel (both)

Hot take: Kerryon ends up with #2nd best fantasy season among rookie rb’s

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

Saquon???????????

I don't like Saquon. I know that I'm probably dumb for it, but he seems afraid of contact and doesn't finish runs. I love him as a receiver, but he screams Trent Richardson to me.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If you want to lose some or all of your Sunday, FFStatistics.com is absolutely phenomenal. All kinds of charts, graphs, granular data and a fully searchable and automatically charting database. It's amazing.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Can you do "TE's who arent just blocking TEs that finished anything but bottom 20 for Aaron in a high powered offense" ??

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spermy Smurf posted:

Can you do "TE's who arent just blocking TEs that finished anything but bottom 20 for Aaron in a high powered offense" ??

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I dont know what I expected.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Latest BeerSheets: https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/8z7qqs/beersheets_20180715_rookie_training_camp_edition/

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jul 16, 2018

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Jimmy Graham
or
Evan Engram

do you really want eli's #3 option?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tiptoes posted:

Jimmy Graham
or
Evan Engram

I might be higher than most on Engram. Most rookies don't perform to his level, and with the expected negative game script I can imagine a lot of passing. Athlon Sports had a blurb about how Engram could lose 30 targets and would have still ended the season as a TE1. That doesn't take into account the improved efficiency that historically comes from a year in the NFL. Can the Giants sustain a WR1, RB1, and TE1? Quite possibly. You never know what to expect in the NFC East.

I am also fairly down on Graham. GB has not been historically friendly to TEs, and it seems like every year we hear about the upside of the next GB TE. It's entirely possible that Graham breaks that mold, but my recollection is that it takes some time for new receivers to adjust to a new scheme so it might not happen until later in the season.

Neither are particularly appealing in standard leagues when you can get players like Kyle Rudolph, Evan Engram, Jordan Reed, and Ben Watson much later in the draft.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

Jimmy Graham
or
Evan Engram

Engram for sure

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

The OBJ injury didn't change engrams usage meaningfully - he had a bit over 7 tgts/game before and after. Same with the Shep injury.

Giants RBs had 350ish carries and 100+ receptions last season, so unlikely Barkley really does more than mostly consolidate that.

I'd take Engram.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Engram for sure.

Better ask to me would be:
Howard or Graham

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/RossTuckerNFL/status/1018861505398353921

That would be interesting

But as someone who owns multiple shares of Bell also :suicide:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Not gonna happen.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

RCarr posted:

Not gonna happen.

Yeah the annual Lev Bell gonna sit out bluster is just starting up again.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Yeah the annual Lev Bell gonna sit out bluster is just starting up again.

I don't feel like it can just be ignored. I went back to review my rankings and as a result of the news I've dropped Bell. He's moved to the third overall spot in the draft. Some may view this as an overreaction, but I think the uncertainty justifies the move.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I personally don't think it changes anything, but I don't see anything wrong with dropping him a spot or two. Now if you were to say you dropped him out of the first round then yea that's foolish.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I think the holdout does hurt Bell but not that he will miss games. He's missed parts of training camps before and started slow. When you're parsing the top 4 RBs, stuff like this matters, just not to the point that he will miss games.

It is enough to put him behind DJ *if* his holdout hits preseason week 3 or what have you

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

I think the holdout does hurt Bell but not that he will miss games. He's missed parts of training camps before and started slow. When you're parsing the top 4 RBs, stuff like this matters, just not to the point that he will miss games.

It is enough to put him behind DJ *if* his holdout hits preseason week 3 or what have you

My thoughts exactly. Spots one through four at RB are interchangeable, but there is enough historical data to show that guys who miss camp start slow.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

I think barring injury, Bell has a better season than last.

He's going to prove to everyone he is worth top dollar and plans on hitting FA with a splash.

This helps me think that as well.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/16/leveon-bell-this-will-be-my-best-season/

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So that post about dropping Bell to 3 was intended to be somewhat sarcastic because

Sataere posted:

Spots one through four at RB are interchangeable,

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
First of all, Tristan Cockroft has lost his loving mind

From an auction advice article in june:http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/20221110/fantasy-football-auction-league-draft-strategies-tips

Gosh, if only there were some way to delineate between players I don't rank equally at auction. Can't think of anything, better list them all at the exact same price and then make things two magnitudes more complicated.

Second, the Goon Fish Bowl launches Monday! It's free, and I put up money for a ring for the winner:

The settings are set to mimic the Scott Fish Bowl, only we don't use MFL because it's horrible.

Last year we had 60 teams. Soon, I'm going to have to cap the entries and only allow alternates in groups of twelve, so :getin: . Either pm me an email address or send it to goonfishbowl at gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

First of all, Tristan Cockroft has lost his loving mind

From an auction advice article in june:http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/20221110/fantasy-football-auction-league-draft-strategies-tips

Gosh, if only there were some way to delineate between players I don't rank equally at auction. Can't think of anything, better list them all at the exact same price and then make things two magnitudes more complicated.

Second, the Goon Fish Bowl launches Monday! It's free, and I put up money for a ring for the winner:

The settings are set to mimic the Scott Fish Bowl, only we don't use MFL because it's horrible.

Last year we had 60 teams. Soon, I'm going to have to cap the entries and only allow alternates in groups of twelve, so :getin: . Either pm me an email address or send it to goonfishbowl at gmail.com

I won the GFB last year, and am goin to win again this year. Come try and take the ring from me.