Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I went outside today instead of posting up to this point. The sun, it burns.

Time to spend some quality time with Cook, Serve, Delicious 2 now that all my obligations are met.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
titanfall 2 was made in source engine

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

al-azad posted:

It’s very believable. Action heroes gently caress up all the time by getting too horny.

Good guy orgs should implement the opposite of what boxers do, just make sure any heroes are good and relaxed before boots hit the ground

this also explains why Gordon Freeman is late for work and doesn't screw up by having sex with a vortigaunt

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm gonna play some Darksiders or some Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. Gonna have fun either way. What're all of ya playin right now if anything

bloodbooooooooooorne

cleric beast took two tries and gascoigne took one, now bloodstarved beast has killed me like five times lol

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Convex posted:

You can still play it free through the Bethesda launcher.
Doesn't seem to be the case anymore unless I am missing something.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I started playing Azure Striker Gunvolt

corn in the bible posted:

titanfall 2 was made in source engine
but it doesn't pause halfway through the level with very tiny "LOADING" text

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I started replaying DO4M since people were talking about it and I killed some revenants and then I took a break and switched to TV and they're playing the movie The Revenant

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
My copy of NieR got hier and I’m really excited about having more dadventures in fishing and ultra violence when I’m done with work. :allears:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm close to finishing my Proud mode run of Kingdom Hearts 1, just not looking forward to the insane boss gauntlet at the end.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i feel like nightmare is just, the guy who kills all runs of devil may cry. you've had a really good game all the way up until now and now the game is ready, to keep giving you the shittiest boss in the entire game

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

:tem: :tem: :tem: :tem: :tem:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I looked up Octopath Traveller on psprices.com and uhhh...

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel posted:

i feel like nightmare is just, the guy who kills all runs of devil may cry. you've had a really good game all the way up until now and now the game is ready, to keep giving you the shittiest boss in the entire game

I like nightmare. I like any puzzley bosses in action games and nightmare is like one part bullet hell like a Nier boss one part puzzle.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm gonna play some Darksiders or some Roller Coaster Tycoon 3. Gonna have fun either way. What're all of ya playin right now if anything

I’m gonna play the remaster of Arkham Asylum in a little bit. I just watched Dr. Strange and it was visually awesome but really by the numbers and Dr. strange himself has had his personality replaced with Tony Stark. But hey, good Ditko visual homages all over the place.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The octopath script is really unnecessary. Like every scene is so padded with melodrama it takes forever to get across a plot as deep as "my mentor/friend is missing/sick i must quest to save them!"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad posted:

I like nightmare. I like any puzzley bosses in action games and nightmare is like one part bullet hell like a Nier boss one part puzzle.

i mean, the idea behind his fight would be fine, but because the camera is entirely focused on just not letting you keep moving in one loving direction you end up getting stuck in corners and edges where he chips off your health and it's the worst

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I had no idea that a dung beetle delivering mail while constantly blowing a noisemaker was exactly what I needed right now

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I had no idea that a dung beetle delivering mail while constantly blowing a noisemaker was exactly what I needed right now

only you can save the islands with the power of horny slugs

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Honestly there is an undercurrent that worries me, all the designs are super cute and then suddenly it's "The Elders have been branded with the Mark of the God-Slayer"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

One or two quests and the secret ending are a little bit :stonk: but otherwise Yoku's Island Express is incredibly goofy and cheerful.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Honestly there is an undercurrent that worries me, all the designs are super cute and then suddenly it's "The Elders have been branded with the Mark of the God-Slayer"

If playing JRPG's has taught me anything its that god-slayers are usually the good guys so I don't see how that's a problem.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

If playing JRPG's has taught me anything its that god-slayers are usually the good guys so I don't see how that's a problem.

This god wasn't a mortal last week and doesn't use any Judeo-Christian imagery, though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

played Danganronpa 2 all day and enjoyed the finale so much that I broke down and bought 3.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm close to finishing my Proud mode run of Kingdom Hearts 1, just not looking forward to the insane boss gauntlet at the end.
Its easy. Just spam Strike Raid and then use an Ether if you run out of MP.

You'll be unable to die so hard that you'll literally achieve immortality in real life.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Raxivace posted:

You'll be unable to die so hard that you'll literally achieve immortality in real life.

But is an eternal life burdened with knowledge of your cowardice truly worth living?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

chumbler posted:

But is an eternal life burdened with knowledge of your cowardice truly worth living?
That which you don't even acknowledge can never be overcome.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Raxivace posted:

Huh I never use any of those moves since I like to save my mp for Aero and Cure while I facetank stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Danganronpa v3 is awesome

al-azad
May 28, 2009

In Training posted:

If it feels like it's dragging at a certain point, stick with it. The ending is the best closure I've seen in a video game.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I started playing AntiStasi, which is a mod for ArmA3 where you lead a guerilla faction fighting NATO and CSAT on Tanoa or Altis, I've been futzing around in SP but it's super neat so far! It's fun to lead a dynamic insurgency where you're super outmanned and outgunned.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

In Training posted:

:emptyquote:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Oh Ho Ho Ho look what I forgot I had hiding in my storage

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I'm confused about the Bioshock Infinite DLC and would love help straightening it out.

So, at the end of the DLC's first part, Elizabeth uses a Big Daddy to kill Booker. At the start of the second part, her Paris imagination scene ends when she's confronted by an image of Sally, who Elizabeth implies she abandoned in that burning hot vent.

But right after that, Elizabeth wakes up and Atlas and his goons are there. It's seemingly right after Booker getting killed. They kidnap Sally and so starts the story. Elizabeth soon learns that she was killed at some point by a Big Daddy herself, and I guess she made some kind of deal with the Luteces to enable the events of the second DLC part.

But what's the timeline here; when did Elizabeth get killed by that Big Daddy and when was that deal struck? Here's my guess:

- Originally, Elizabeth comes to Rapture to kill the last remaining Booker.
- Then, I think one of the following is true: (1) she feels guilty because she intended to abandon Sally but was killed by the Big Daddy right after it killed Booker, so she never had the chance to actually leave, (2) she feels guilty because she created the circumstances by which Sally was going to die via her heat-up-the-vents plan, so when she got killed right after Booker, the situation she set in motion resulted in Sally's death, or (3) she feels guilty because originally, she DID abandon Sally there and then hosed around Rapture long enough after accomplishing her mission that she accidentally got killed by a Big Daddy, and when that happened, the Luteces helped give her a second chance by merging Elizabeth's alternative reality selves and putting her back at the crucial moment (when she could still intervene to save Sally).

My guess is that the third scenario is the right one, but even then, where the gently caress did Atlas and the goons come from? Did they just happen to stumble along right at that moment? They were going to take Sally regardless of whether or not Elizabeth was there, so the first time around, did she just happen to leave really quickly after Booker was killed and assumed that Sally died in the vent because she didn't happen to see Atlas arriving like two minutes later?

Am I even close? I'm so confused.

Edit: Added another part that I'm confused about.

surf rock fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 16, 2018

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

surf rock posted:

I'm confused about the Bioshock Infinite DLC and would love help straightening it out.

it's bad and nonsense

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

Oh Ho Ho Ho look what I forgot I had hiding in my storage

Hot turboduo you got there.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is danganronpa a ace attorney style adventure game or more of a VN?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

surf rock posted:

<a poo poo ton of spoiler tagged text>

Am I even close? I'm so confused.

Edit: Added another part that I'm confused about.

bioshockinfinite.txt

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Any excuse to repost this.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

This is based on the LPs but it looks sufficiently Ace Attorney to me. There's courtroom scenes and in between those are investigation scenes where you collect evidence/"truth bullets" that you use in court.

It's tone is a lot more over the top and outright mean though, if you enjoyed AA's somewhat more innocent and bumbling tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

It is as more of an adventure game than AA is.

Which is to say that Ace Attorney doesnt do anything beyond its menus and tapping on objects. In DanPa you move around a 3D world and the trials involve rudimentary mini-games and there are character building skits like Persona social links and they all have a weird non-canon RPG mode when you complete the main game.

it’s still 90% conversation trees and clicking on hotspots like a lot of VN.

• Locked thread