Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

can some west ham fans post some some tables re: how the gently caress their 70 players are supposed to line up

also can the dildo brothers buy joe hart please

hell, i'll bite. if you're expecting all 7 new signings to start itll be

fabianski
fredericks balbuena diop cresswell
noble kouyate wilshere
yarmolenko arnautovic anderson

but i doubt all 7 of them will be starting every game early doors.

keep in mind we don't have many good players, so even with that team its a bench of adrian ogbonna rice obiang kouyate antonio chicharito, and then gently caress all squad depth beyond that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://talksport.com/football/400112/liverpool-transfer-news-jasper-cillessen-barcelona/

:shrug:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

The Cillessen links have been universally rubbished I think

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

The Cillessen links have been universally rubbished I think

They were rubbished when Barca were all like "£90m or gently caress off". gently caress knows what's going on now, especially with a few places starting to big up Grabara as our future permanent #1.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Big andy carroll declared himself fit for west hams season and played in a pre-season friendly and got injured and is out for 3 months lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/bigchrisholt/status/1018807532301770752

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Not sure where those Newcastle spent numbers come from the only played who signed for a transfer fee was dubravka for £4m

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Probably transfermarkt which has Merino arriving from Dortmund under 18/19 for some reason.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The colours in the recouped column are the wrong way around and it's bugging me

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

The colours in the recouped column are the wrong way around and it's bugging me

Also in the net column surely it should be graded as those making a profit in the green and those making a loss in the red.

Not sure where Brighton have recouped £4m from either.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I don't see a catch-all PL thread so I'm just gonna post this here because it's hilarious: https://news.arseblog.com/2018/07/arsenal-caught-up-in-weird-chinese-partner-fraud/

Apparently some lady has been posing as an executive for BYD, a Chinese electric car company, and signing fraudulent sponsorship deals, including with Arsenal.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I don't see a catch-all PL thread so I'm just gonna post this here because it's hilarious: https://news.arseblog.com/2018/07/arsenal-caught-up-in-weird-chinese-partner-fraud/

Apparently some lady has been posing as an executive for BYD, a Chinese electric car company, and signing fraudulent sponsorship deals, including with Arsenal.

Finding parts of this story a little hard to believe. What are the odds she actually was an executive, and BVD are taking a cheap and dirty way out of some sponsorship contracts they can no longer afford?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ajax are on the verge of signing Daley Blind from United, apparently not quite boldworthy yet but he didn't travel with the squad and talk says United are getting 16M euros for him.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bartley out
Borja out

Keep 'em coming. Clucas and the Ayews out next please.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I'd like Tottenham to either, sign some players, or announce they have Eriksen and Toby on new deals. But then to sign players right after.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Liverpool have submitted a £30 million offer for Cillessen according to the Spanish shitrag papers.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
he moved to barca for less than half that two years ago and has basically only played cup games since then

I do not get that valuation

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

bewbies posted:

I do not get that valuation

Transfermarket.txt since 2016

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Diva Cupcake posted:

Liverpool have submitted a £30 million offer for Cillessen according to the Spanish shitrag papers.

https://twitter.com/DominicKing_DM/status/1018876361577033728

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Der Shovel posted:

Ajax are on the verge of signing Daley Blind from United, apparently not quite boldworthy yet but he didn't travel with the squad and talk says United are getting 16M euros for him.

Wouldn’t have thought a Dutch club would had that much money to spend on one player

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Liki Li seems like it could be a good R&B name.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

sticksy posted:

Liki Li seems like it could be a good R&B name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lykke_Li

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

A catch all EPL thread would be good to talk about Alexis Sanchez not being able to go on United's US tour because he's been denied a visa, due to his fraud conviction in Spain

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Her new album is good

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

NTRabbit posted:

A catch all EPL thread would be good to talk about Alexis Sanchez not being able to go on United's US tour because he's been denied a visa, due to his fraud conviction in Spain

Is his fraud status in England still under question?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
If you guys want to make a pre-season PL thread go for it. Can talk about friendlies and poo poo in there I guess.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Gigi Galli posted:

Lol

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Gigi Galli posted:

hahaha

julian assflange posted:

Wouldn’t have thought a Dutch club would had that much money to spend on one player

dude is only 28? i figured he was at least 34, wtf

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

julian assflange posted:

Indeed but I'm not going to complain. 16m€ + up to 5m€ in bonuses, apparently.

Now just need some defenders coming in. The young portuguese lad surely won't even get a look in next season, and starting the season with Young and Valencia is effectively giving up before it even starts.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Der Shovel posted:

Lmao the Eredivisie is more of a joke than I thought

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Gigi Galli posted:

If you guys want to make a pre-season PL thread go for it. Can talk about friendlies and poo poo in there I guess.

I made one to talk about frauds, but Liverpool's fraudulent transfer window should probably stay in this thread imo

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

belgend posted:

Lmao the Eredivisie is more of a joke than I thought

Luckily it's still better than the Jupiler Beer League or whatever it's called op

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Daley Blind from MU to Ajax looks like its happening

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/daley-blind-transfer-ajax-confirmed-12932463

It's posted on their FB too but the embed poo poo doesn't work on SA. Good move for him, he has great skills but is just not physical enough for the premiere league, and MU are getting a reported 18m for a guy who hasn't seen first team play in like a year.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Bye Bye Daley, you were the next Michael Carrick, and were in a sense that you managed to be a surprisingly competent centre back for a bit, then you died of Mourinhoitis RIP and goonspeed

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ninpo posted:

Bye Bye Daley, you were the next Michael Carrick, and were in a sense that you managed to be a surprisingly competent centre back for a bit, then you died of Mourinhoitis RIP and goonspeed

If Blind hadn't been glacially slow he could have been fantastic for United. Can't really blame Mourinho for him having the turning radius of an aircraft carrier.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnig posted:

If Blind hadn't been glacially slow he could have been fantastic for United. Can't really blame Mourinho for him having the turning radius of an aircraft carrier.

*literally employs Nemanja Matic*

e: To be less glib:

He had a great eye for a pass and he wasn't as slow as people seemed to think. He had some decent games as a wing back in one of van Gaal's hair brained schemes. I think if he'd been given a bit more time at the base of midfield to get used to the premier league, he'd have succeeded.

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 17, 2018

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ninpo posted:

*literally employs Nemanja Matic*

e: To be less glib:

He had a great eye for a pass and he wasn't as slow as people seemed to think. He had some decent games as a wing back in one of van Gaal's hair brained schemes. I think if he'd been given a bit more time at the base of midfield to get used to the premier league, he'd have succeeded.

Your joke post pretty much hits home why Blind was sold. Matic is a superior player to Blind in every aspect, they're both even left footed, and they play the same position. I don't disagree with what you're saying though. Blind was very good for United when he was playing in a holding role, he just never really played there for whatever reason. He was a serviceable center half and a pretty bad wing back other than being able to put in a good cross but couldn't consistently play wide because of his lack of pace.

I wouldn't have minded him sticking around in a John O'Shea role, filling in as cover as needed, but this seems more like him wanting to leave, Fellaini signing a new deal, and Ajax offering United a decent enough amount of money that it's advantageous to let him go.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

Your joke post pretty much hits home why Blind was sold. Matic is a superior player to Blind in every aspect, they're both even left footed, and they play the same position. I don't disagree with what you're saying though. Blind was very good for United when he was playing in a holding role, he just never really played there for whatever reason. He was a serviceable center half and a pretty bad wing back other than being able to put in a good cross but couldn't consistently play wide because of his lack of pace.

I wouldn't have minded him sticking around in a John O'Shea role, filling in as cover as needed, but this seems more like him wanting to leave, Fellaini signing a new deal, and Ajax offering United a decent enough amount of money that it's advantageous to let him go.

Yeah basically he doesn't really fit into the way Mourinho is building the team, and he's (IMO) not athletic enough for EPL. He'll be great at Ajax, the money is right for United, and he's good enough for first team football for many other teams. I think it's a good transfer all around.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I hate Manchester United.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Brony Car posted:

I hate Manchester United.

I hate Liverpool.

Bed?