Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

Just tell libertarians that you're pro men with guns being elected versus men with guns being self electing.

I was all "hey you like weed, why don't you come to the event we have coming up talking about decriminalising weed" which seemed to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

GoldStandardConure posted:

I was all "hey you like weed, why don't you come to the event we have coming up talking about decriminalising weed" which seemed to work

Good luck deprogramming them.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

Good luck deprogramming them.

I don't give a gently caress if he turns up or not, it allowed me to end the conversation so I didn't need to hear him poo poo on about how healthcare should be a market, and also the lady I was doorknocking with was super impressed with how I handled it so yay me I guess

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I don't give a gently caress if he turns up or not, it allowed me to end the conversation so I didn't need to hear him poo poo on about how healthcare should be a market, and also the lady I was doorknocking with was super impressed with how I handled it so yay me I guess

Ah that makes much more sense.

I was like, GSC why would you want to spend more time with a libertarian?!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Anidav posted:

Voters thing Mal is a good bloke surrounded by assholes. The victory path is Mal surrounding himself with 9ther Mal like figures in leather jackets but LNP doesn't have the star power.

You can always tell its desperation time when they're trying to refocus the messaging on a popularity contest, as if they hadn't been stabbing him in the back for 2 years.

JBP posted:

I hate Malcolm Turnbull. I'm interested in what's actually happening.

Hate is a strong word, comrade. Perhaps it clouds your judgement of his winning ways.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hooman posted:

Ah that makes much more sense.

I was like, GSC why would you want to spend more time with a libertarian?!

the joinder was not voluntary

i did not consent to have a conversation with him

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

the joinder was not voluntary

i did not consent to have a conversation with him

does this violate the NAP

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Don Dongington posted:

Does global warming?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

hooman posted:

Does global warming?

Does a massive UN conspiracy

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Don Dongington posted:

quote:

it’s not obvious to me that the Earth being hit by an asteroid (or, say, someone being hit by lightning or a falling tree) violates anyone’s rights; if that’s so, then I’m not sure I can justify preventing it through taxation.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Wouldn't even band together to save themselves from extinction Mr Speaker.

A strong endorsement for Giant Meteor 2020.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Make Earth Fragments Again

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Do I need to opt out of this MyHealthRecord thing?

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Yeah I don't know how concerned to be for when it gets hacked and we're not informed for six months

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do I need to opt out of this MyHealthRecord thing?

If you don't want it, then yes, you need to opt out over the next few weeks.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
I eagerly await the massive class action lawsuit that will inevitably occur when the data gets hacked and the government is found to have been completely negligent in their responsibilities.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-16/david-dungay-inquest-begins-as-harrowing-video-played/9997930

quote:

The inquest into the death of an Aboriginal man in custody has been shown harrowing video footage of his final moments in a Sydney prison, in which he yells "I can't breathe" and starts spitting blood.
Yeah this bloke's eaten too many biscuits. We're going to need... five cops

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

https://www.myhealthrecord.gov.au/for-you-your-family/opt-out-my-health-record

This is the opt-out page for ADHA. It says you can opt back in later on, so I guess if you want to wait and see how it goes for a year you can do that

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
What is My Health Record? This is the first I've heard of it, sad to say.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
I have complete confidence it will be hacked, the Government won't admit to it, a whistle blower who does will be jailed for telling anyone, the Minister and department will take no responsibility, ans then blame IBM who will the rewarded with a massive contract.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Are hackers going to have access to the x-rays of the time I got an orca penis stuck up my rear end? Is that what this is?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Woah did not expect orca penis to be that big

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Woah did not expect orca penis to be that big

Orca For rear end Bum

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The teenager accused of murdering a mother and her two children was at a public hospital in Midland hours before their deaths, according to sources.

Teancum Vernon Petersen-Crofts, 19, presented at St John of God Midland public hospital emergency department in a "psychotic state" on Saturday evening, but was reportedly turned away after police became involved.

WAtoday understands Mr Petersen-Crofts was behaving erratically, but his condition was not considered to be a “medical problem”.

A source said he was taken to the Brixton Crescent home just hours before three family members were found dead on Sunday morning.

Spokeswomen from both St John of God Midland Public Hospital and the East Metropolitan Health Service said they could not comment and referred questions to police media.

She said the man accused of the alleged murders at the public housing authority home suffered from mental health issues and had trouble accessing treatment.

"He's got mental issues and but there's a such a long wait on the public health system," the neighbour said.

A former schoolmate of Mr Petersen-Crofts said his friend had been “a little shy”.

“He was into his animes like Dragonball Z,” the friend said.

“He sometimes had anger issues, but he was almost always a nice guy.

“He was definitely weird, but nothing I would’ve thought would lead to this.”

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Lid posted:

“He was into his animes like Dragonball Z,” the friend said.

:siren: Paging jbp to the thread :siren:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
He definitely prefers dubs to subs.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

quote:

SKY HIGH

Offering an alternative to the ABC's Left-wing news shows has worked for Sky:

"A shake up of Sky News’ prime-time line up has boosted ratings, pushing viewers to new highs.

Earlier this year the broadcaster doubled down on a programming formula of pugnacious, strong opinion programs and breaking news coverage of politics and national affairs.

The move has paid off with a 9 per cent bump in the average audience during the first half of the ratings year, taking viewership to more than one million Australians every week, according to OzTAM data.

Among the network’s most popular shows, Credlin, anchored by Peta Credlin at 6pm on weeknights, emerged as the No 1 program in its timeslot on Foxtel. Credlin clocked up audience growth of 166 per cent year-on-year, reaching an average weekly audience of 208,000 viewers.

The Bolt Report, anchored by News Corp columnist Andrew Bolt at 7pm on weeknights, had audience growth of 36 per cent, watched by an average weekly audience of 239,000 viewers.

Paul Murray LIVE was the No 1 nightly program on Foxtel in its timeslot each Sunday to Thursday at 9pm. It was watched by an average weekly audience of 268,000 viewers."

No wonder activists are trying so hard to shut us down.

And note well: we're doing this without your taxes, and with such respect for debate that we have more Left-wing commentators on the payroll than the ABC has conservative ones.
Sky News reaches 52 million Australians yearly.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

snoremac posted:

Best performing show on Foxtel isn’t praise for the show, it’s an indictment on the complete joke that is Foxtel.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Do they count everyone in airport terminals and office buildings as viewers?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

snoremac posted:

"We are doing this without your taxes" fact check, please. Where did that women in sport money go again?

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Wait.

How many Australians are there?

25m or so?

So how the hell are they calculating this metric? And how does it compare to the ABCs yearly viewings?

I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONS

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

quote:

Left-wing commentators on the payroll
Who?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

MysticalMachineGun posted:

"We are doing this without your taxes" fact check, please. Where did that women in sport money go again?

Don’t mention the $30 ($) million blank cheque. That would be uncouth.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
What about the 900m a year tax refund the liberal party has the ATO hand over to keep Murdoch's failing empire afloat?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
"average WEEKLY audience"

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/07/wednesday-11-july-2018.html

hmm last wednesday lets see how the bolt report and paul murray did on subscription tv

quote:

2 SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA LifeStyle Channel 65,000
3 THE BOLT REPORT SKY NEWS LIVE 52,000
4 JEOPARDY! FOX Classics 49,000
5 SELLING HOUSES AUSTRALIA LifeStyle Channel 48,000
6 PAW PATROL Nick Jr. 44,000

(bunch o poo poo)

14 GEORGE CLARKE’S AMAZING SPACES LifeStyle Channel 32,000
15 PAUL MURRAY LIVE SKY NEWS LIVE 31,000
16 COPS crime + investigation 31,000
17 BLAZE AND THE MONSTER MACHINES Nick Jr. 31,000
18 WWE SMACKDOWN FOX8 31,000

lets check whats number 20 on the digital free to air multichannels, won't bother checking normal free to air cause it smashes this

quote:

20 THE MATRIX -EV 9GO! 144,000

so yeah i guess if getting the same amount of viewers as an old episode of jeopardy is something to brag about, go ahead

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
lel

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
rip

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
i want to be serious for a moment mates. Can we really trust the judgement of malcolm turnbull if he intends for a monster like this... thing to prowl the hallowed halls of our nations parliament?

Never forget 19/02/1942

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Stolen valour, mistah speakah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib