Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

this is like if grace jones directed robocop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

drat, T-10000 got some moves

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'm the wine glass that lands perfectly upright on the counter.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Sweet God, :lol:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Collateral Damage posted:

I'm the wine glass that lands perfectly upright on the counter.

Yea, I think it's fake.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Grem posted:

Yea, I think it's fake.

You mean women don't spontaneously turn into liquid if they slip and fall? :aaa:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

You mean women don't spontaneously turn into liquid if they slip and fall? :aaa:

no just the glass is fake

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
Hmm, so woman is liquid. So are cats. That by logical conjunction means woman is cat. Thus, we are catbotherers. :hmmyes:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
That's not how evolution works. We can conclude that women and cats share a common liquid ancestor, but they're not exactly the same. Learn some science, moran.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
https://i.imgur.com/seLLvRe.mp4

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic

SpacePig posted:

That's not how evolution works. We can conclude that women and cats share a common liquid ancestor, but they're not exactly the same. Learn some science, moran.

Look, one of us does not have a PHD in liquidologily here, and I'm telling you it's not me! So eat my double negatives!

ubergnu has a new favorite as of 18:07 on Jul 16, 2018

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

drat, went out of their way to do the reflection on the stove, really nice touch.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

One only a handful of people that looked cool in spandex leading many unsuspecting people to believe they too would look cool in spandex.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Dragonstoned posted:

Hurray for Technology! lol

I guess I'll just grab gimp and use that "unoptimize" option Truga mentioned.

Thanks for the help.
It's a bit of a family secret but the ScreenToGif application is kinda amazing for creating gifs by just capturing what your screen sees and giving you really extensive editing options. Photoshop should be used to make gifs only when you're trying to do something from scratch.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/jP6nykS.gifv

Source: https://streamable.com/1z71m

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Can I get Grace Jones as Robocop?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

You mean women don't spontaneously turn into liquid

Only when I talk to them :smug:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

TontoCorazon posted:

Only when I talk to them :smug:

That's a pretty cool escape mechanism.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

dog nougat posted:

That's a pretty cool escape mechanism.

Lol

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/cR9Hwhs.mp4

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
https://i.imgur.com/fETsBtW.mp4

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't think that's in the manual

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

zoux posted:

On the one hand, the guys being chased were murder suspects who had also been allegedly firing at the police enough to take out one car that was pursuing them. I don't necessarily disagree with using deadly force in this situation.

On the other hand, this guy firing through the windshield on a no-center-line 2-way street and then basically right at somebody's home while driving is insane and horrifying to me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

To me, spraying hand gun bullets through a windshield while driving with no hands on the wheel is bad, regardless.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

what the gently caress this fuckin cop saw Heat too many times and was like "nows my chance"

nows my chance to have my bullets fly into adjacent houses

disarm all police

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Watched some vid where dudes were practicing shooting through a windshield and basically you have no accuracy until you blow a hole big enough to shoot through on subsequent shots. In a moving car you aren't going to be able to do this at all. I feel bad for all the people chilling in their houses while cops pull a drive by on them.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Yeah, shooting through the windscreen is pointless. It's not like the movies, bullets don't continue in a straight line after going through an obstacle. They'll deflect and likely deform to the point where they're no longer stable in the air.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Theoretically you can train to factor in the deflection from shooting from inside a car to increase hit probability.

The chances said officer trained for this moment (while driving) is likely nonexistent.

The solution is to increase police spending so that officers can practice these scenarios.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Three Scott Sterlings on team red

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9jXYOH2c0

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
https://i.imgur.com/tjw5L48.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/5HogdRk.mp4

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

zoux posted:

I'm the bullets fired from the copy flying through the residential neighborhood.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Watched some vid where dudes were practicing shooting through a windshield and basically you have no accuracy until you blow a hole big enough to shoot through on subsequent shots. In a moving car you aren't going to be able to do this at all. I feel bad for all the people chilling in their houses while cops pull a drive by on them.
Interestingly, a cop I know (who always looks at this poo poo because he knows his Internet friends are gonna give him poo poo about it) said "the bullets going through the windshield are probably going straight because he's close enough to it that it shouldn't matter. The real reason bullets are flying into peoples' homes is because the car is rolling without 2-hand control when he takes his shots. All cops know this." So basically he pulled a Lucky who was missing his Wild.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

DaveKap posted:

Interestingly, a cop I know (who always looks at this poo poo because he knows his Internet friends are gonna give him poo poo about it) said "the bullets going through the windshield are probably going straight because he's close enough to it that it shouldn't matter. The real reason bullets are flying into peoples' homes is because the car is rolling without 2-hand control when he takes his shots. All cops know this." So basically he pulled a Lucky who was missing his Wild.

Your cop friend has no idea what he's talking about. It doesn't matter how close you are to the windshield when you shoot. It's going to deflect bullets every time a bullet touches glass.

But yeah also driving like a moron probably had a bigger impact on how far off target his shots were.

The pig in this video wanted to kill somebody and didn't care who it was.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/NqhQC82.gifv

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Internet Wizard posted:

Your cop friend has no idea what he's talking about. It doesn't matter how close you are to the windshield when you shoot. It's going to deflect bullets every time a bullet touches glass.

yeah don't bullets deflect from flying through cardboard and less than an inch of ballistic gel? vehicle safety glass is definitely affecting something

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Hold on. Are you guys suggesting that moving objects are affected by coming into contact with other objects? Outrageous. Alert the media, people need to hear about this! I mean apparently they do since the people we trust with guns (every person with a pulse) don't seem to understand.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Would the woman's skirt have deflected Robocop's bullet enough irl to make him miss the dick

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Robocop was trained to account for that.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Inspector 34 posted:

Hold on. Are you guys suggesting that moving objects are affected by coming into contact with other objects? Outrageous. Alert the media, people need to hear about this! I mean apparently they do since the people we trust with guns (every person with a pulse) don't seem to understand.

The sort of person willing to be a cop right now is generally the sort of person that shouldn't be allowed to have a foam larping sword let alone a variety of weapons.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

bring back old gbs posted:

yeah don't bullets deflect from flying through cardboard and less than an inch of ballistic gel? vehicle safety glass is definitely affecting something

In testing, it's actually less than I expected, though compounding the inaccuracy of shooting from a moving vehicle while driving, it's probably not advisable!

For handgun rounds of .40 and .45 caliber windshield glass slows them down a ton (20-25%), but only deflects them less than 2 degrees. At 10 feet that's only 4 inches or so, which would be fine shooting into a car full of people you want to kill. But shooting out, it gets pretty wild pretty fast. At 30 feet it's about a foot of deviation and at 100 feet it's over 3 feet.

If you figure a cop can shoot an 8 inch group at 60 feet normally, add a conservative 20 inches of deflection from the glass, and then whatever bumps from the unstable platform... he can probably hit within the outline of an SUV, but he's not likely to be able to choose very specifically where on the SUV he's hitting. In this case, the passenger had already shot a few dozen times at the cops, so he probably didn't care about just hitting the driver, but I'd love to know how may shots passed through the windshield of the SUV and down the block or under it and ricocheted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Bad Munki posted:

Robocop was trained to account for that.

Plausible.