Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Nullkigan posted:

What's the default controller for PC use now that the 360 wired is hard to find? There doesn't seem to be a wired version of the newer generation controller and I recall that wireless controllers generally had issues.

DualShock 4, or in other words The Best Controller Ever Devised By Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

GreatGreen posted:

DualShock 4, or in other words The Best Controller Ever Devised By Man.

The Wii U Pro Controller is back in print?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I was asking about Kenshi (so were some other people) earlier in the month and I went ahead and picked it up, so I'll report back if its any good.

I'm really posting here though because I love that the spirit of gamefaqs in 2003 is still living in the PUBG steam community, a game I don't own and I've never played, but was curious to see what the forums were like on account of its huge playerbase:

it goes on like this for like, pages, lmao. "you are dog man"

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

punk rebel ecks posted:

The Wii U Pro Controller is back in print?

The WiiU Pro's d-pad is real bad.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

also it doesnt have analog triggers which sucks. but the battery lasts like a fuckin year on a charge so i use mine all the time.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Is there a good beginner guide anywhere? I've been trying to get into it for a while but even as someone with good strategy/roguelike/RPG experience it seems kind of insane and impenetrable and it doesn't really explain itself at all

Have you looked at beforeiplay.com? It has some good tips to get started with.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

The Death Road to Canada devs have just released a new (well, new on Steam) game: Wayward Souls!

I might do an actual write-up of it later since it's been years since I've played the mobile version, but trust me, it owns; even if you're getting tired of action roguelites. Don't let the fact that it's Early Access scare you away either, the base game is already complete and they're just taking time to add polish and new features.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

John Murdoch posted:

The WiiU Pro's d-pad is real bad.

The Wii U Pro has the best DPad ever. You are thinking of the Switch Pro.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Tyranny is the free Twitch Prime game right now, FYI. I know people were waiting for it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

In Rocket League it occasionally causes the game to think I have two controllers, but that's the only issue. DS4Windows is great.

This has happened to me in games like Trine as well. It normally fixes itself after I press Options a bunch of times.

Other times the cursor gets sent to the upper leftmost corner of the screen and won't move from there. That can also be annoying.

Azran fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jul 16, 2018

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Nullkigan posted:

What's the default controller for PC use now that the 360 wired is hard to find? There doesn't seem to be a wired version of the newer generation controller and I recall that wireless controllers generally had issues.

The Xbox One wireless controller is the wired controller. Connecting it over USB acts as a data connection.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The Louisiana sequel to deadly Africanized water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSAErLTARu0

(Hunt)

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Shadow Tactics is so good, goddamnit. I'm so glad a competent studio picked up the Commandos legacy.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Rocket Pan posted:

The Xbox One wireless controller is the wired controller. Connecting it over USB acts as a data connection.

Notably, the basic Xbox One Wireless controller does NOT come with a rechargable battery pack or a microUSB connection wire. You have to buy the controller for $60 (USD), and then a $20 'charging pack.' That, or buy the Xbox One Elite controller for $150.

And, of course, Xbox One controllers are completely customizable, using Microsoft's free Xbox Accessories application!

Wait, my bad. Xbox One Elite controllers are customizable using the application. Regular Xbox One controllers like I bought can't be customized in Windows at all without third-party programs. :fuckoff:

John Lee fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 16, 2018

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

stick drift

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Palpek posted:

Shadow Tactics is so good, goddamnit. I'm so glad a competent studio picked up the Commandos legacy.

It's so good. I desperately want a Commandos game that plays that well.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Samuringa posted:

Holy poo poo, I forgot about the free Twitch Prime games, today's is :siren:TYRANNY:siren: get that poo poo

And also:

-The Red Strings Club
-Brutal Legend
-The Bridge
-:siren:Tacoma:siren:
-:siren:Observer:siren:
-Deponia Doomsday
-some Warframe and PUBG cosmetic stuff :geno:

https://www.twitch.tv/prime

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Palpek posted:

I'm only like 3 missions in but it is some good poo poo. It's kinda funny how I'm spending like an hour on each level and the speedrun achievement for it would be like, 10 minutes.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Do you have to click yes in an email for every single item you put on the steam store?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

If I liked Conan Exiles PVE a lot what should I play now?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

The Shortest Path posted:

All the StS talk is reminding me of how much I loved Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, the only good Kingdom Hearts game.

The card mechanics in that game were really fun and unique.
Every time I see my Steam pop up saying a friend is playing StS, my heart aches to replay the Metal Gear Ac!d series. (Yes, I know I can actually play them again just fine on a PC, it's more the time investment that aches.)

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

sebmojo posted:

Do you have to click yes in an email for every single item you put on the steam store?

Goes quicker with the app, if you're talking about authorizing.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

If I liked Conan Exiles PVE a lot what should I play now?

Subnautica? Also maybe the Forest, which I've read is good but I haven't actually played it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

sebmojo posted:

Just get the app. You put a bunch of things on the market and you open your phone, check a bunch of boxes and confirm.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

Just get the app. You put a bunch of things on the market and you open your phone, check a bunch of boxes and confirm.

Really? Did they change it? Because I need to personally approve each card I put up there and it sucks since I still have like a thousand of them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You still need to approve each one, but it's not separate emails, it's just a list of items.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, but it takes a second to load, then a second to click, then a second to realize it got stuck without updating to confirm(optional), clicking refresh so it'll get me back to the list so I can pick another card... Repeat until carpal tunnel sets in.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Does anyone have a good site for figuring out how much my steam inventory is worth on the market and can thusly bulk-sell things for me?

I say good because the first thing on google said my inventory was only worth 68 bucks and I have extreme doubts over how true that is.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Yeah, but it takes a second to load, then a second to click, then a second to realize it got stuck without updating to confirm(optional), clicking refresh so it'll get me back to the list so I can pick another card... Repeat until carpal tunnel sets in.
Again, there's a list of items and you can mark them all at once (or up to 50 or so?)

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

punk rebel ecks posted:

The Wii U Pro has the best DPad ever. You are thinking of the Switch Pro.

Actually it turns out I'm thinking of the original Wii Pro. :negative:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Xander77 posted:

Again, there's a list of items and you can mark them all at once (or up to 50 or so?)

Oh god I'm stupid. I always thought those big white boxes next to each item were the client failing to load some image.

I'm sorry, yeah, this changes everything, thanks for forcing me to use my brain for a second.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry

DaveKap posted:

Does anyone have a good site for figuring out how much my steam inventory is worth on the market and can thusly bulk-sell things for me?

I say good because the first thing on google said my inventory was only worth 68 bucks and I have extreme doubts over how true that is.
This one seems to make a pretty good overview of what your inventory is worth: https://steam.tools/itemvalue/
Problem is, you can't sell from it, and it will only do estimates of each category, eg.TF2, Dota, CS, Steam items like cards, backgrounds, emojis.

There are specific sites for TF2 items, and probably CS and Dota as well. Never used them though, but they might give a more precise estimate on each game if you have a lot of items in those categories.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Just finished the Dungeons 3 campaign and thoroughly enjoyed it. The default difficulty seems pretty easy (there is a 'hellish' difficulty that I haven't tried yet), but there's something super chill about building up your dungeon, lacing it with traps, and then unleashing your monstrous hordes on the overworld. I'm not exactly a huge RTS fan, but I thought it was a far more interesting way to use your army than by just dropping them on everything (which is pretty much what you do inside your dungeon). Most of the monsters were pretty full of character and there were only a few that I never bothered with in my armies.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So even if I'm encountering stuttering and even the occasional crash Just Cause 3 got pretty fun once I got the DLC jet pack.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nullkigan posted:

I've not had any issues with my Xbox One wireless controllers other than the fact that Windows will only recognise one over bluetooth - if you want to run two or more you have to shell out for the $10 usb dongle for it.

In that vein, holy poo poo you guys Divinity Original Sin 2 is loving incredible in couch co-op. My brother and I have been up past midnight both times we've played just totally absorbed in it. I knew it had split screen, but I didn't realise quite how much you can just gently caress off and explore things independently of each other. I expected it to soft-tether you to each other, but we've been loving around multiple screens away, starting fights completely independently of each other, starting quests without each other. It's madness.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Anyone try Chasm yet?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

McCoy Pauley posted:

Anyone try Chasm yet?

I don't think Chasm is even out...Is it? I've been waiting for that game for awhile now, i'll go check now.

EDIT: July 31st

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jul 17, 2018

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Really? Did they change it? Because I need to personally approve each card I put up there and it sucks since I still have like a thousand of them.

It's because of people like this:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

russian card scammers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOURFRIEND
Feb 3, 2009

You're an asshole, Mr. Grinch
You really are a cunt
You're as cuddly as a cockring
and charming being a shitheel

FUCK YOURFRIEND!

Ghostlight posted:

I've not had any issues with my Xbox One wireless controllers other than the fact that Windows will only recognise one over bluetooth - if you want to run two or more you have to shell out for the $10 usb dongle for it.

In that vein, holy poo poo you guys Divinity Original Sin 2 is loving incredible in couch co-op. My brother and I have been up past midnight both times we've played just totally absorbed in it. I knew it had split screen, but I didn't realise quite how much you can just gently caress off and explore things independently of each other. I expected it to soft-tether you to each other, but we've been loving around multiple screens away, starting fights completely independently of each other, starting quests without each other. It's madness.

Are you doing this with a controller or with kb/m?