Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
all spears in wf are the slashy kind, not the thrusting kind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Guandao with shimmering blight is extremely my jam.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
You can also make a good halberd zaw, if you don't mind it looking like poo poo

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
If I build a weapon or frame part or something and I will only need 1 unit, is there any reason to keep the blueprint afterwards? I feel like it clutters up the foundry.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

You can build 100 Oberons and rake in the reddit points. Prime stuff you can sell to players or to Baro. A few weapons are used to build other weapons.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

RabbitWizard posted:

If I build a weapon or frame part or something and I will only need 1 unit, is there any reason to keep the blueprint afterwards? I feel like it clutters up the foundry.

Nope unless it’s one of those weapons that has a dual version, in which case save an extra bp. Eventually bps end up being a source of emergency credits though lol

Edit: oh and yeah if it’s a prime thing you can sell that to pubs for plat

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Finally found a rifle mod with Multishot and holy poo poo my gun is usable again wtf. Rhino won't be finished for another two days, so until them I'm basically scrounging energy drops and spamming Exalted Blade to get poo poo done. The game keeps throwing more poo poo at me without explaining any of it, so that's cool.

The game is great, but holy poo poo coming into it as a newbie is daunting. They just don't. explain. a. single. loving. thing. For example: can I ditch guns that I don't like? I know I only have so many weapon slots, but how do I get rid of weapons I'm not fond of? Can I even do that? How many weapon slots do I have left? Is there any way to see any of this at all? I have no idea.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Gonkish posted:

Finally found a rifle mod with Multishot and holy poo poo my gun is usable again wtf. Rhino won't be finished for another two days, so until them I'm basically scrounging energy drops and spamming Exalted Blade to get poo poo done. The game keeps throwing more poo poo at me without explaining any of it, so that's cool.

The game is great, but holy poo poo coming into it as a newbie is daunting. They just don't. explain. a. single. loving. thing. For example: can I ditch guns that I don't like? I know I only have so many weapon slots, but how do I get rid of weapons I'm not fond of? Can I even do that? How many weapon slots do I have left? Is there any way to see any of this at all? I have no idea.

Menu -> Equipment -> inventory

If you filter by weapons/warframes it will show you how many slots you have left.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gonkish posted:

one really nasty bit they don't explain at all is that the mods they give you as part of the tutorial are actually unique variants on the normal versions. and by unique i mean intentionally useless, inferior variants which they encourage you to blow your very limited supply of endo on. so, make sure you are using the normal versions of redirection and such and not the damaged mods.

fuckin' damaged mods, man.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

It took me about 25 hours before I got a non-damaged Intensify. I was using my 12% power boost and was drat grateful for it. :colbert:

(naturally less than an hour after one dropped a second did as well)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

RabbitWizard posted:

No but trust me eventually you will start to accumulate those blueprints just to have an easy record of what poo poo you actually have when cracking relics.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Twisting Spire is a good stabby stance, I have it on my polearm zaw that I named Stabby Boi.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
:siren:SPOILERS:siren: For people who want a look at the visual design side of Warframe, they just put up their art and design talk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeI2OFx2GJk

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

However, the Twirling Spire polearm stance now exists and involves mostly thrusting attacks with some sweeps.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 17, 2018

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Started playing this a couple of days ago, my god this game is like crack for me. Loved Marvel Heroes and Path of Exile and Mass Effect and this is just a great mashed together version of all of those.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I was having trouble linking my twitch to my wife's prime account, and I discovered three things:

1) twitch keeps forwarding you to amazon.com, which is a problem if you have a primed .co.uk account,
2) household accounts (i.e. freeloaders) on .co.uk don't get their benefits if they sign into .com.
3) .co.uk doesn't give you a link to connect your amazon & twitch accounts.

I thought this meant I wasn't going to be able to link my twitch to a householder account, but I just managed it. Googling "link twitch prime to amazon.co.uk" brought up the right links, and my account is now linked to my wife's amazon householder.

So yes, you can link your twitch to an amazon household account to get the free ship / palette / trin prime and syandana (if you haven't claimed it yet).

e: https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=11365142031 is the link for UK accounts.

Sign into twitch and your amazon account first (or an account that has prime benefits), click the link, scroll down just past the Warframe banner and click the 'Connect your Twitch account' button, and the next screen should be twitch asking you to confirm the connection. Claim your loot from the twitch menu, then next time you log into Warframe you'll get your free stuff.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 17, 2018

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

So after hearing about this game over in the SC thread I gave it a try. Woo boy. I'm with gonk (who sucks btw) that this game just throws so much crap at you, so just spin jump while shotgunning fools forever.

Been just bouncing through the quests, having a pretty fun time. Working on scanning the cephalon whatevers to unlock the next junction. Any tips? I know what they should look like, and found one, but didn't see anymore when I was looking last night.

And thanks for the guild invite!

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Ashye posted:

So after hearing about this game over in the SC thread I gave it a try. Woo boy. I'm with gonk (who sucks btw) that this game just throws so much crap at you, so just spin jump while shotgunning fools forever.

Been just bouncing through the quests, having a pretty fun time. Working on scanning the cephalon whatevers to unlock the next junction. Any tips? I know what they should look like, and found one, but didn't see anymore when I was looking last night.

Thief's Wit or Animal Instinct (anything that gives loot radar) will make them appear as blue icons on minimap. If you can't find one in a mission, sometimes much quicker just to do another mission. Asking in the squad chat for people to mark them can help too maybe.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Potato Salad posted:

The clan room

"Welcome to Hell, Santa"

Synthbuttrange posted:

dating minigame and farm plots

Warframe: Harvest Lua

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 17, 2018

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Ashye posted:

I just got done with it today, and drat that was a pain in the rear end. What I ended up doing was finding a capture mission that I could complete fast and then just jump around looking for the drat thing (Ara) and then just spammed the mission until I was done.

Earl of Lavender
Jul 29, 2007

This is not my beautiful house!!

This is not my beautiful wife!!!
Pillbug
The Hek is outrageously fun to use. It's gonna be the first gun I forma. Anyone still on the fence about trying the Hek: you won't regret your purchase.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Pigbottom posted:

I just got done with it today, and drat that was a pain in the rear end. What I ended up doing was finding a capture mission that I could complete fast and then just jump around looking for the drat thing (Ara) and then just spammed the mission until I was done.

That's pretty much just how it works for that one, and after that it never comes up and you just scan whenever you come across one and eventually it just happens.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Installed this last night, played 2 hours and read the wiki and starter stuff for 2 hours.

This has probably been asked a million times in this thread but can someone link a good YouTube video about movement/combat tactics that I can practice while learning the game

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Earl of Lavender posted:

The Hek is outrageously fun to use. It's gonna be the first gun I forma. Anyone still on the fence about trying the Hek: you won't regret your purchase.

I wish it had the strun reload

It owns otherwise though

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Installed this last night, played 2 hours and read the wiki and starter stuff for 2 hours.

This has probably been asked a million times in this thread but can someone link a good YouTube video about movement/combat tactics that I can practice while learning the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7I93YhMlKE

This video seems good for movement, which is the most important part. I suggest binding toggle crouch to a third mouse button if you have them, it's a bit easier than hitting V all the time since bullet jumping is your main way of getting around.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Not going to lie, a dating sim aspect to {Sacrifice Spoilers): get to know our Frames, soothe their pain and unlock the ability for them to be autonamous like Umbra would be pretty dope.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Kokoro Wish posted:

Not going to lie, a dating sim aspect to {Sacrifice Spoilers): get to know our Frames, soothe their pain and unlock the ability for them to be autonamous like Umbra would be pretty dope.

I'm told there will be more umbra frames

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

RFC2324 posted:

I'm told there will be more umbra frames

(sacrifice spoilerchat)
The current statement as I understand it is "every frame will get a Prime, only specific ones will get an Umbra".

My money is on Nidus being one because I guarantee Ballas is the kind of gently caress who sealed the scientist saving their rear end in a skinsuit with his baby.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

END ME SCOOB posted:

(sacrifice spoilerchat)
The current statement as I understand it is "every frame will get a Prime, only specific ones will get an Umbra".

My money is on Nidus being one because I guarantee Ballas is the kind of gently caress who sealed the scientist saving their rear end in a skinsuit with his baby.

harrow would be a good candidate too, with the bond he had with rell

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i dunno if there's actually been any official statement on it all from de, but it would be really weird for them to introduce an entirely new mod polarity and mods to go with it and keep it singled to one frame, so more umbras is absolutely my guess as well. it's just probably not priority #1 on their plate right now what with fortuna and other things in the works.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

if we get new umbras im guessing itll come/lead up to the new war update

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Does talking about Umbra count as spoilers given hes all over the splash screen?
I think the angry dad is a special case given he was the replacement for Excalibur Prime in China, and piling another kind of frame on top of their art team given they have to turn out three types of frames already dosent seem likely there will be any more of his type. You already have norma, deluxe, and primes on top of weapons and enemy mobs for them to deal with.

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jul 17, 2018

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

i just want my frames to go spectre mode when i hop out as the operator

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh heck yeah, you unlock that when you max out a frame for the first time.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

or make it an upgrade like a potato, or an exilus mod

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

I didn't think this was possible, but I somehow got Inaros' passive on Nova Prime.

I ended up reviving extremely fast after this too.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Ashye posted:

Yeah I also got here from the Store Citizen thread. Isn't it crazy how this game is basically the complete opposite of Star Citizen? It started with a shoestring budget, but they put out working gameplay, which people liked and paid for which let them make more content and get more people to play the game.

Then they started piling lots and lots of poo poo on top of the existing game, like upgraded UI, cinematic story elements, a completely overhauled and 100% fun>fidelity jump-gliding system, a nice, non-supercreepy fanbase, customizable ships, social hangout areas, fishing, open world, character creation, oh and the art is good, and the engine works, and the game actually exists and it's free unless you want some reasonably priced shinies or more gun slots, etc.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

the engine works,

mostly

Lemon King posted:

I didn't think this was possible, but I somehow got Inaros' passive on Nova Prime.

I ended up reviving extremely fast after this too.

it does some wacky things sometimes

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7I93YhMlKE

This video seems good for movement, which is the most important part. I suggest binding toggle crouch to a third mouse button if you have them, it's a bit easier than hitting V all the time since bullet jumping is your main way of getting around.

So i guess my hold sprint, tap crouch mash melee staff attack tactic for crazy spinning strikes and hard to hit isn't a good idea later on because right now it's just destroying everyone lol.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
My friend have you heard of a little mod called Maiming Strike

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

So I guess farming up Nidus is impossible now? Infested Salvage appears to be bugged to stop progressing a little ways into the second rotation, poo poo just stops spawning, the decryption progress stops counting, and the golem from that old Jordas mission starts screaming sweet nothings at you from nowhere.

Rather annoying, as I wanted the horrifying Fleshframe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Questions about systems post-Second Dream

What do I do to get focus? I was told to get a lens and install it somewhere but I do not know where. Anything else I should know? Because I know DE isn't going to make it so I learn from the game itself