Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

there is a max size

i discovered this by creating a massive underground complex. just put doors in place and it's fine

I will probably do so later tonight. I will cut off sections until i get back to what i had before and it was working.

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

khy posted:

I just need to decide on a texture pack and shaders now. Any recommendations?

Sphax-Bdcraft is one of the more popular ones and so tends to stay up-to-date for the bigger mods and a few smaller ones.

SEUS shaders go well with it.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 14, 2018

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Should I be doing anything with liquid meat in Exoria or should I void it all?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

Should I be doing anything with liquid meat in Exoria or should I void it all?

The only thing that can be done with it is to fill a meat feeder, which will top off your hunger at all times. This doesn't affect your nutrition, though, so it's not ideal. Basically, yeah, void it.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

I will probably do so later tonight. I will cut off sections until i get back to what i had before and it was working.

Thanks

FYI thermal expansion covers (structuralduct) count as a closed block too, if you need to run ducts between rooms.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

There's also the feedthrough insulator pseudo-multiblock from immersive engineering, where you can put two wire connectors (not relays) on the opposite side of a solid block, and whack one of the connectors with the engineer's hammer to make any wires punch through the wall.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

There's also the feedthrough insulator pseudo-multiblock from immersive engineering, where you can put two wire connectors (not relays) on the opposite side of a solid block, and whack one of the connectors with the engineer's hammer to make any wires punch through the wall.

Note: they have to be unwired for the hammer to work.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

McFrugal posted:

Note: they have to be unwired for the hammer to work.

They also will not work on Chisel blocks or Chisel&Bits blocks.

I tried both and was sad.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

dragonshardz posted:

They also will not work on Chisel blocks or Chisel&Bits blocks.

I tried both and was sad.

I'm not sure why Chisel blocks won't work, but Chisel & Bits blocks are tile entities, so it makes sense that they wouldn't work. It has to make a tile entity out of the solid block by itself.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I have several questions!

1) Bedrock vs Java, which edition is considered 'better'? I have the Java edition, I'm just wondering if I should bother getting Bedrock going. Is it better performance-wide? Is one more or less difficult to Mod? And does Bedrock work with MultiMC? And how does well bedrock work with shaders and the like? I love the way Seus v11 looks and would be hesitant to give it up.

2) I'm not really big on complex machines or complicated gameplay mechanics, I'm wondering what a good mod or mod set would be that just adds a lot of furniture and decoration without altering the base gameplay much. I mainly just want to decorate the poo poo out of my house and maybe build a giant cathedral or castle or something IDK.

3) Are there any mod packs which introduce more of a survival element? Like, camping out, or making me require food a bit more (I've lived for weeks and weeks off of 5 apples, it's a bit ridiculous).

khy fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 15, 2018

Kobata
Oct 11, 2012

khy posted:

I have several questions!

1) Bedrock vs Java, which edition is considered 'better'? I have the Java edition, I'm just wondering if I should bother getting Bedrock going. Is it better performance-wide? Is one more or less difficult to Mod? And does Bedrock work with MultiMC? And how does well bedrock work with shaders and the like? I love the way Seus v11 looks and would be hesitant to give it up.

If you're thinking of mods, use java version, there's not really much of a choice. Bedrock modding, as much as it even exists anymore (there were some for pocket edition but mostly only on Android due to it being relatively easier to mess with the files there) was always much, much more limited in what it could accomplish and that hasn't changed much. As much as it's generally the better version of vanilla these days there's not really a way to accomplish even half of what many java mods do.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I sections off my base and got my machines working again.

I then had a problem with itemducts heading into my storage controller. A chest filled with survivalist net stuff was piling up as the only thing the servo/duct would send out were the iron ore ones. Everything else just stacked in the chest.

I have to say that i also had my sieve and void miner running into the same controller.

As soon as i added a few more ducts to the actual drawers things sorted themselves out. But its still a mystery. If i had known this was going to happen i would have gone jabba :/

Edit

How do i power my bc lasers with rf? Is there some sort fo converter? (exoria)

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 15, 2018

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Having to make 10 blocks of Knightslime is going to be the biggest goddamn pain in the rear end. Foundry is crashy and has lovely UI problems (refractory canisters are GARBAGE) and ugh.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

khy posted:

2) I'm not really big on complex machines or complicated gameplay mechanics, I'm wondering what a good mod or mod set would be that just adds a lot of furniture and decoration without altering the base gameplay much. I mainly just want to decorate the poo poo out of my house and maybe build a giant cathedral or castle or something IDK.

I suggest you look through https://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/cosmetic and grab what catches your fancy. You can (and should) download them all from this site. Bibliocraft, Chisel and Chisels & Bits are popular stuff that are recommended to get though.

The question about survival packs is complicated, because there's a variety of levels of survival. There's the older TerraFirmaCraft (Or our own variant TechNodeFirmaCraft EZ) which is literal caveman simulator and so you'll need to hunt and store meat until you've progressed technologically enough to farm, discover pottery and then bronze and so on. Then there's the 'hardcore survival' packs like Forever Stranded and Craft of the Titans that force you to hole up against a tough, unforgiving world trying to kill you while you progress through a barebones questline of things to achieve. Then there's story-based challenge survival modpacks like Blightfall and Aftermath, and the more relaxed survival-farming simulator Regrowth.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

McFrugal posted:

Having to make 10 blocks of Knightslime is going to be the biggest goddamn pain in the rear end. Foundry is crashy and has lovely UI problems (refractory canisters are GARBAGE) and ugh.

hope u like exploring a misty hellworld and swapping out your drat filter coal every fifteen seconds

make one block to prove you can and cheat the rest in, imo

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

hope u like exploring a misty hellworld and swapping out your drat filter coal every fifteen seconds

make one block to prove you can and cheat the rest in, imo

I only know because I asked the modpack dev himself, but there's ways to make this easier. Filter coal is used faster the closer you are to (0,0) XZ, so moving away in one direction will significantly increase the amount of time you spend between pieces of filter coal. Additionally, thermal cultivation watering cans work on the mushrooms to replenish the little poison well on the top.

Misty World is pretty bullshit.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

So what are we meant to be doing int he misty world?

And where is the hard foggy stone so i can make the drat machine frame thing ><

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

So what are we meant to be doing int he misty world?

And where is the hard foggy stone so i can make the drat machine frame thing ><

Mainly you want misty world gravel for sifting, and the poison from the mushrooms to make the next portal (the previously mentioned knight slime).

Hard foggy stone is down at Y-level 2-7 or so. I suggest a flexible tool with 4 haste upgrades and the 5x5 upgrade because it takes like 1 minute to mine a block.

Also, compact machines that you can make from the hard foggy stone are broken and will crash when you enter one in Exoria 1.2.1. Edit drones.cfg and set the "Default Spawn Chance Weight" to 1 if you want to actually use them. Or just remove the drones mod altogether because they're annoying.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

I believe a high-tier Exchanger can also instantly mine hard foggy stone, though it might give the cobblestone variant instead. (Handy for making furnaces.)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

khy posted:

Take a look at Bibliocraft. It adds a ton of decorative blocks, many of which are actually functional.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Like every stone block in Misty World, you're better off using a Niobium Pickaxe when mining Hard Foggy Stone. nvm the Niobium Pickaxe isn't high enough mining level, it requires obsidian level. No idea how you're intended to mine the hard stone, but a diamond exchanger will work best, and isn't that expensive once you have a high tier condenser.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jul 16, 2018

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I'm trying out the new Craft of the Titans. I really enjoyed the first one. I added Iron Backpacks, but it looks like it's missing a lot of the functionality from previous versions. Is there a good alternative for sorting and harvesting large amounts of materials in my own inventory in 1.12.2? I'm absolutely spoiled by the earlier versions of Iron Backpacks.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Uganda Loves Me posted:

I'm trying out the new Craft of the Titans. I really enjoyed the first one. I added Iron Backpacks, but it looks like it's missing a lot of the functionality from previous versions. Is there a good alternative for sorting and harvesting large amounts of materials in my own inventory in 1.12.2? I'm absolutely spoiled by the earlier versions of Iron Backpacks.

There is not, and I really wish the author of Iron Backpacks would have followed through with the rest of its 1.10 functionality. About as close as you can get is Forestry's backpacks, which are (in my experience) buggy as hell.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I'm very tempted to just go back to 1.10. Figuring out Iron Backpacks was a huge game-changer for me. I'm sure I can set up automated mining rigs that'll sort and store stuff for me, but adventuring and exploring will still be a pain.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Honestly, the real solution for that stuff is an ender pouch connected to an ender chest back at your base that pipes items into an array of chests or an AE2/RS storage system. But, yeah, I miss the hell out of real iron backpacks.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

There is not, and I really wish the author of Iron Backpacks would have followed through with the rest of its 1.10 functionality. About as close as you can get is Forestry's backpacks, which are (in my experience) buggy as hell.

Someone mentioned in an earlier version of this thread that forestry backpacks checked your inventory every tick.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

Is there a way to make loot go straight into the ender pouch in 1.12.2?

EDIT: Thanks for the guidance!

Uganda Loves Me fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 15, 2018

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Uganda Loves Me posted:

Is there a way to make loot go straight into the ender pouch in 1.12.2?

Nope. You gotta pause and dump your trash into it every so often.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Okay, be warned, the Alloy Mixer from Foundry requires the fluids involved to be in exactly the same spots as you see in the recipe.
BE WARNED. The Knightslime recipe requires LIQUID SIGNALUM, not MOLTEN. Which means you use the Alloy Mixer to make the signalum, not a magma crucible. I'd use the melting crucible but you can't loving REACH 2800 to melt it.

God, Foundry is such a trainwreck aside from the very base functionality of melting ore and casting it. Every other machine is just awful to use.

!!!read this if you're playing exoria!!!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JaXkRqlsqqxDFPcFrZ6pkUzytVztO0qlSegwpTknRN0/edit

I just found out you can press K to compress rocks/ash into their 2x2 counterparts. It's way faster than manually crafting even if you use JEI to autofill the slots, since it skips some sort of crafting verification step that lags the game to poo poo.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 16, 2018

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ok, so remove drone mod.

I've noticed that if you use the conversion wands you find in the houses if you have a rod of the land and mana it will place dirt using mana.

Will test to see how well it works in the misty world.

Edit

Tested, worked wonders up until the hard foggy stone, then it wont replace it with dirt. But using this method i was able to did down to y12 quickly

Edit 2

How do i power tesla machines? what connects?

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jul 16, 2018

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Hey, KingLemming -- feature request for thermal expansion. Could dynamos and machines show the total amount of RF needed or produced by the current activity in the energy tab on the left? Like, if I melt a piece of cobblestone in a magma crucible, I'd like to see the total amount of RF that the machine needs to consume to complete the activity. Similarly, if I've inserted a coin into a Numismatic dynamo, I'd like to see the total amount of RF that coin will generate. I'm not saying, like, a constantly ticking upward/downward figure based on the exact progress of the task, but just a "the currently burning fuel will generate X RF with this configuration" sort of thing.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Hey, KingLemming -- feature request for thermal expansion. Could dynamos and machines show the total amount of RF needed or produced by the current activity in the energy tab on the left? Like, if I melt a piece of cobblestone in a magma crucible, I'd like to see the total amount of RF that the machine needs to consume to complete the activity. Similarly, if I've inserted a coin into a Numismatic dynamo, I'd like to see the total amount of RF that coin will generate. I'm not saying, like, a constantly ticking upward/downward figure based on the exact progress of the task, but just a "the currently burning fuel will generate X RF with this configuration" sort of thing.

:yeah:

Could also be configurable as a addon/module thing too, if you're feeling particularly gregtech about it.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Okay uh

I think I hosed something up.

I'm running Minecraft 1.12.2 using MultiMC, with Forge, Optifine, and SEUS v11 installed. I have no other mods beside those.

I found a village. It's full of jawas. Like, star wars jawas. Yelling 'utini' all the time.

I'm not sure which of my mods is responsible for this.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

khy posted:

Okay uh

I think I hosed something up.

I'm running MultiMC, with Forge, Optifine, and SEUS v11 installed. I have no other mods beside those.

I found a village. It's full of jawas. Like, star wars jawas. Yelling 'utini' all the time.

I'm not sure which of my mods is responsible for this.

The only one of those that would do that would be your shader pack, since it's adding new textures.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The only one of those that would do that would be your shader pack, since it's adding new textures.

Oh, drat. I forgot resource packs. I'm running PureBDcraft 256. Would that be the culprit?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

khy posted:

Oh, drat. I forgot resource packs. I'm running PureBDcraft 256. Would that be the culprit?

Do they look like this? If so, then yeah it's your resource pack.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Do they look like this? If so, then yeah it's your resource pack.

The robes are brown, but yeah.

I like star wars well enough but not in my Minecraft. Time to switch resource packs, drat.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Is there a better way to get diamonds in early MSB3 than charcoal pit-> coal -> diamond? I'm most of the way through Botania, another guy on the server has most of AA going, and we have a massive farm set up so we have decently easy access to emeralds, but now I need a stack or so of diamonds to finish anything.

The server is on a ~3 month old version, if it matters.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

bbcisdabomb posted:

Is there a better way to get diamonds in early MSB3 than charcoal pit-> coal -> diamond? I'm most of the way through Botania, another guy on the server has most of AA going, and we have a massive farm set up so we have decently easy access to emeralds, but now I need a stack or so of diamonds to finish anything.

The server is on a ~3 month old version, if it matters.

You can get diamonds from rock crushing and cleaning as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

khy posted:

The robes are brown, but yeah.

I like star wars well enough but not in my Minecraft. Time to switch resource packs, drat.

You can just delete those files from the pack and those things will go back to vanilla