Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

My dreams are almost exclusively:

Me waking up and I'm back at boot camp, or I miss deployment and find an elaborate way to get there

A shadowy guy in a wide brimmed hat stalking me up stairs. I have the power to fly but I can't actually make myself fly so I'm just climbing stairs

A group of people hold me at gunpoint and I kind of murder them all for what feels like 8 hours

Driving down long twisty roads, always at night, usually great distances like two towns over. I'll make these trips multiple times in the same dream.

I'm in my house except half of my house is missing, like it's been cutaway to look inside. It's always foggy. Like Silent Hill foggy.

making GBS threads my guts out

Sitting on a couch watching Roger Rabbit spooning a genderless person I can never see the face of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Walls filled with bees is my least favorite dream.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

chumbler posted:

This sounds awesome tbh

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I have the worst form of lucid dreaming in that any time something ridiculous enough happens I go, "oh, I'm dreaming. whatever" and make myself wake up rather than do something fun

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I get a dream where my parents are mad at me and then I remember I don't live with them anymore and can just leave but then the dream drags on and on and I never make it out the door

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Watched the first John Wick film for the first time. Had a fun time. S'good.

Now that I'm done with the first Darksiders game, I'm wondering what game to tackle next. Probably just gonna try and get through one of the dozen games I started up and haven't finished yet, like maybe Spellforce or something.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My dreams seem to go on forever and are always so weird that I always feel very disorientated when I wake up from them.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FirstAidKite posted:

Watched the first John Wick film for the first time. Had a fun time. S'good.

Now that I'm done with the first Darksiders game, I'm wondering what game to tackle next. Probably just gonna try and get through one of the dozen games I started up and haven't finished yet, like maybe Spellforce or something.

they called the second darksiders Darksiders 2

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

both John Wick movies are capital-D Dope. I'm very excited for John Wick 3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the first case in v3 had a dope finale.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

chumbler posted:

that's not a dream that's just the meth

i have a lot of dreams where i think mundane things are really exciting. like i dreamt i was playing d&d--not like a d&d character, but me, playing d&d, and the gm was like "your character's racial bonus is, they get +1 to all rolls if they're under the open sky and it's not cloudy" and i was like "yes!!! this ability is great!!!!!"

also dreams about fighting the power

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

My dreams seem to go on forever and are always so weird that I always feel very disorientated when I wake up from them.

I had a bad night terror the other night where the dream was 20 years long. It was hellish when I woke up.

Junji Ito made a manga about a dude who suffers from long dreams, and the dreams kept getting longer and it was physically loving him up because his brain was somehow aging as if the brain was experiencing the dream time instead of the real time.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
All I want is a single goddamned night with some decent restful sleep and I'm mad as hell that I can't get it :mad: Always with the nightmares and night terrors and they're always about the same damned thing

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

In Training posted:

the first case in v3 had a dope finale.

Justice for kaede

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FirstAidKite posted:

I had a bad night terror the other night where the dream was 20 years long. It was hellish when I woke up.

Couldn't even finish college in Roy? Weak.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
So, y'all might remember that on June 6, Valve posted a blog about how they're just gonna let everything on the steam store because they feel they're unable to develop any standards at all, right?

https://twitter.com/Love_In_Space/status/1017358776352104448?s=19

It's not the fact that this particular visual novel is getting extra scrutiny that bothers me. It's the fact that Valve seems only too happy to allow anyone to throw up whatever hate speech bullshit they want on their storefront (so long as they're getting their 30%), but they suddenly go weak in the knees when it comes to anime dating games. Either stick by your dumbass Silicon Valley libertarian principles or develop some actual standards, you cowards.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

Couldn't even finish college in Roy? Weak.

I don't understand what this means but basically I was dreaming that for 20 years I was stuck with locked-in syndrome

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I had a weird dream the other day.

I was in the middle of a town square; to the sides there were tall, large buildings that blocked everything; ahead of me an endless road and behind a tall fence made almost entirely of barbed wire, and past it the sea as far as I could see. The people surrounding me were terrified, running around, trampling each other, desperately trying to escape from something. I didn't know what it was but I was also scared out of my wits, I knew it was coming and I knew it would arrive soon and it'd be gruesome. Terror-stricken, I turn around and run towards the fence, climbing it as quick as I can; it tears through my flesh and rips it apart, but even as the pain runs through my body I don't stop as I know what expects me back there is going to be worse. When I'm done climbing I jump straight to the sea, and even as I feel the salt burning my wounds, I immediately begin swimming, as fast and hard as I can. Not long after I started I can hear the disturbing screams of the people that were left behind, but no matter how loud they get I do not dare to turn back, only keep going as long as possible, as long as my body allows me. I don't think I ever got anywhere, but even as I woke up I still felt a bit of dread of what was happening in that place.

Also lately I've been waking up with people calling my name, even though I'm often home alone. Sometimes I recognize the voice, sometimes not. Sometimes it's a whisper, sometimes it's a scream, but it's always only my first name.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't understand what this means but basically I was dreaming that for 20 years I was stuck with locked-in syndrome

This is what the refrance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm really glad I never have real nightmares involving actually scary poo poo because that sounds terrifying

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

FirstAidKite posted:

Yikes that sounds hosed up and I'm sorry for joking. I thought you just meant you had an otherwise normal dream that your mind made you believe lasted 20 years.

The joke was in reference to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

if i could have a dream like picard’s Inner Light moment once a year or so i think i wouldn’t mind that

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

oddium posted:

if i could have a dream like picard’s Inner Light moment once a year or so i think i wouldn’t mind that

There's people who have reported having experiences like that in comas and they end up being terrified to find out that this life is fake too

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

all life is fake

[the ted talk crowd just goes ham with applause]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Everyone loves TED talks but they hated lectures in college...

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Everyone loves TED talks but they hated lectures in college...

You can actually learn things from lectures in college, and learning is for nerds.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
This is a great segue to say NieR is really good so far. I just got to the Deathdream part and I totally wasn’t expecting a text only segment to show up in my weird action game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mak0rz posted:

Yikes that sounds hosed up and I'm sorry for joking. I thought you just meant you had an otherwise normal dream that your mind made you believe lasted 20 years.

Nah man s'alright. No offense taken or anything, I promise :)

Nightmares/terrors are just a thing I've had to learn to deal with for the past 6 years. I'm hoping if I can get in to see a sleep doctor that they'll be able to maybe identify something so that I'll stop causing KCB stress by starting to cry and scream in my sleep. Hell, it gets so ridiculous that she said one of the most recent night terrors had me literally praying while sleeping. Like, at that point it's just loving comical, just me lying down sleeping and suddenly my hands clap together and I'm mumbling and crying and praying for god and moving my lips like I was saying something but idk what and KCB tried to help me wake up but I started sleep-talking to her to say not to help me.

Lmao

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm really glad I never have real nightmares involving actually scary poo poo because that sounds terrifying

I think the only time I was really terrified was a period of 2 or 3 months where I had tons of lucid nightmares, the kind where you dream you're exactly where you are sleeping but completely unable to move; often it was me lying on my stomach while something crawled around my room and I could only see it from the corner of my eye, but the one that stuck with me the most was when I was using my phone when the screen turned into white noise, with the same noise as old-time TVs. But then I felt as if the inside of my head also had turned into white noise as if my brain had been affected by that post-cramp paralysis. Slowly I lost control of my body and began laying down, completely immobile but still conscious. For some reason, I couldn't stop thinking that that was how a stroke felt like, before finally waking up.

Don't know why I had those so frequently or why they suddenly stopped, but I'm glad they did.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I have somehow trained myself to recognize a scary dream so I start wiggling my toes and immediately wake up. Dream world panic button, sign me up as an Inception assassin.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/udfjyf.mp4

this game was published by enix and atlus

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The first case in DRv3 taking advantage of the games presentation/artstyle to make the big twist work is loving cool.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

this game was published by enix and atlus

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

this is the PENIS Wright game, isn't it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Samuringa posted:

this is the PENIS Wright game, isn't it

this is a cursed phrase

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So were children back in 94 expected to beat SNES Maximum Carnage without like cheat codes or save states and such?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Calaveron posted:

So were children back in 94 expected to beat SNES Maximum Carnage without like cheat codes or save states and such?

it's a bad 90s beat em up. look inside your heart for the answer

trash snes beat em ups put into context how good final fight 3 and streets of rage 2 were

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

You were expected to buy Nintendo Power to get the cheats or crowd around the one kid that had a subscription at school.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

It must've been nice in those days. Make the first level insanely hard because you're still working with an arcade "gotta keep those coins coming in" mentality and then who cares about the ending? No one's going to see it anyway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Or hey it's the one game you rented this time and you've got three days before it goes back to blockbuster so you'll be goddamned if you're not playing a video game.

• Locked thread