Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Pick posted:

Mooorlaaanddd

He'll be with Mycroft soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I'm glad Morland and Clyde got down and talked serious business over Clyde's dinner.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Glad they're doing the logical Moriarty/Morland story, especially since it gets the two best side characters in more episodes. I'm wondering what's going to happen with Michael now. I thought that had good half-season storyline potential.

I guess they couldn't get the actor that played Mycroft back, because I feel like they could've done more with his write off if they're gonna have Moriarty tangle with the whole Holmes family.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
If Mycroft were back, I'd be worried he might try to put the moves on Watson again, or even Moriarty.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The Nose

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Mycroft being back would just have sucked and the show is better without him. I'm glad he's dead because it means I won't have to look at his gross face anymore :colbert:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

HookShot posted:

Mycroft being back would just have sucked and the show is better without him. I'm glad he's dead because it means I won't have to look at his gross face anymore :colbert:

Harsh but fair

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Harsh but fair

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wow so are they already going on break?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's back next week iirc.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Well that was a hilariously lame conclusion to the Morland / Moriarty plot. I really hope that wasn't the end of it otherwise :effort:

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Well that was a hilariously lame conclusion to the Morland / Moriarty plot. I really hope that wasn't the end of it otherwise :effort:

I doubt it is. But it would have been tough to bring John Noble and Natalie Dormer at the same time, if you can get one to come along, might as well do something with it. So some actual Morland, and a tease for Moriarty. She may still pop up for episode 13 (original end of the season), or we'll see Mr serial killer again, who knows? We've got a season and a half to finally get Moriarty back on the show now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
IIRC Dormer was explicitly unbookable for S6, it's S7 where we have a chance.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Bulldog was a bit obvious.

And yeah, kind of disappointing but they have been renewed.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Is it just me or have the episodes post-Michael's departure been noticeably lower quality? I don't just mean in terms of the plot and cases, it also feels like the cinematography and writing have been off in a way I can't quite define.

They'd better get their hands on Natalie Dormer next season or this arc is going to look even dumber than it already is.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I half expect Michael's gonna be a protege of Moriarty or he turns out to be so batshit bonkers that he squares off against her or something.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I half expect Michael's gonna be a protege of Moriarty or he turns out to be so batshit bonkers that he squares off against her or something.

I can definitely see the Michael problem being solved by Moriarty having him killed. Then she can step in as the Big Bad for the final stretch.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Hypocrisy posted:

Bulldog was a bit obvious.

And yeah, kind of disappointing but they have been renewed.

Oh hey, we're taking 30 seconds to learn the favorite pet type for a character with about two lines, this clearly won't be important later.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Oh hey, we're taking 30 seconds to learn the favorite pet type for a character with about two lines, this clearly won't be important later.

Yeah, sometimes the show suffers for being on a big network. They need to hold the hands of dummies. It would have worked fine if we just saw her laptop background fleetingly and then Watson or Sherlock later recall having seen them when the next clue lined up.

Oh well.

I'm also with ShakeZulu about Michael. I bet he'll become an overwhelming adversary that will be "solved" by Moriarty who will then take over as the big bad.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I think Holmes and Watson need to defeat Michael on their own. Otherwise, what hope do they have against a vastly smarter psycho with infinitely more resources?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Still holding out that they fight over him like teenagers. Also they do a musical episode.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

incels lol

I wonder if Marcus will still be around a bit for s7 or if he will be gone be the end of this season.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hard to say. The option is open either way.

Nice, neat little mystery with a dunk on incels. Plus, I kind of love the idea of a weed trebuchet.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I was so close to guessing right with the blacksmith hook. I figured they were making those adapters that could modify semi-autos into full automatic. Or maybe they have to remove something. Idk poo poo about guns.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Hypocrisy posted:

Plus, I kind of love the idea of a weed trebuchet.

It's real.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
The surge in episode quality this season is remarkable. I don't think I've ever encountered a show that managed to turn itself around after a couple of poor seasons this far into its run, except maybe the West Wing, and that show never even remotely dropped in quality to the extent that Elementary had last season.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Of all the things I was expecting this episode, I was not expecting a straight up in-dialogue reference to Dr. Joseph Bell. That was a wonderful surprise.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The only thing that confused me was why they used the shooting at Ecole Polytechnique as an example (it happened in 1989 and sure the guy hated women, but he hated them because they got an education he felt he should have deserved, not because they wouldn't have sex with him) instead of the much more recent and actually-commited-by-an-actual-incel attack in Toronto that killed 22 people.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

HookShot posted:

The only thing that confused me was why they used the shooting at Ecole Polytechnique as an example (it happened in 1989 and sure the guy hated women, but he hated them because they got an education he felt he should have deserved, not because they wouldn't have sex with him) instead of the much more recent and actually-commited-by-an-actual-incel attack in Toronto that killed 22 people.

Can you be really sure of that guys motives?

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

HookShot posted:

The season was shot long ago, so the van attack (from April) probably came weeks, possibly months after this episode was written.

What I'd like to know still is why the writers just love Canada, and Quebec in particular.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Jorghnassen posted:

The season was shot long ago, so the van attack (from April) probably came weeks, possibly months after this episode was written.

What I'd like to know still is why the writers just love Canada, and Quebec in particular.

Oh duh, of course, thanks. I actually totally forgot about the fact that of course they would have filmed before the attack.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Episode last night seemed short or was I just drunk?

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

Milo and POTUS posted:

Episode last night seemed short or was I just drunk?

From the format I get it in, yeah, it was 3 minutes shorter than usual. Not sure why.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That was a good episode. "Uncle Detective" :3:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
It was pretty weird how they ended up resolving the Bad Lawyer B-Plot by randomly getting the King of Bohemia involved. It seemed like the whole "lawyer does these adoptions you don't know about" thing was a bluff but nope. It was true. :psyduck:

Everything else was interesting and fun, including especially Sherlock as a dorky awkward friend trying to help with the adoption stuff.

jumba
Sep 6, 2004

Hang in there!
Fun Shoe
I'm currently finishing up the original run of Will & Grace on Hulu (just have the very last episode to go) and it's amazing how much better Elementary is handling "kids between friends".

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm going to tell my nephews to call me that from now on.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It’s a good show!!!!!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's a weird thing to need to have a discussion about. Like why wouldn't Sherlock just be Mr Holmes, like any other adult friend of your parents, or your friends' parents?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Lord Bude posted:

It's a weird thing to need to have a discussion about. Like why wouldn't Sherlock just be Mr Holmes, like any other adult friend of your parents, or your friends' parents?
Maybe he'd prefer to be addressed by his first name?