Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Need more classic Doom weapons, and centered boomstick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Social Animal posted:

So I think with these playlists no mode will be custom only. It will be like overwatch in a sense where you hit play and a mode is decided for you.

Although your setup seems alright if they had a server browser for the custom games. I do want to see CTF in ranked though.

Given the state of game I'd really push for:

No teams public:
DM FFA
IG FFA

Requires team
TDM
CTF
SAC

Ranked requires team:
1v1 duel
2v2 TDM
CTF Ranked

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Xenaero posted:

Need more classic Doom weapons, and centered boomstick

IIRC there is a centered boom stick.

sensy v2.0
May 12, 2001

MysteriousStranger posted:

IIRC there is a centered boom stick.

It’s not centered. The only centered weapons are Q1 LG, RL, NG and SNG.

Free Chicken
Jan 16, 2006

Buglord
Wish they'd add the starting shotgun in Q1 with the same sound effects.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Even if you have centre-view guns, Clutch is gonna ignore that.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
centered shouldn't be locked behind weapons. Its awkward having a mix. TF2 did it so Quake did, but really it should just be a toggle for all guns period.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Can't disagree with that. Except Clutch, since he's special, so I guess the only way is to pretty much hide is other shield/laser hand.

Also, Clutch can snipe again now.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the reddit for this game is depressing, just a bunch of people who are mad because bad

it's like that for every game reddit, though

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I think syncerror has mentioned they will be having a centered and right handed options for all guns at some point.

The reddit is depressing because shooting bots in dm sucks. I think it’s mostly complaints about the playlist thing.

Anyone going to quakecon?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

...reddit ... is depressing, just a bunch of people who are mad

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Social Animal posted:

I think syncerror has mentioned they will be having a centered and right handed options for all guns at some point.

The reddit is depressing because shooting bots in dm sucks. I think it’s mostly complaints about the playlist thing.

Anyone going to quakecon?

I get full games every time with a queue of 5 minutes, max. Usually more like 2-3. Australians should know by now that low pop games like this aren't gonna work for them.

I've been thinking about going to quakecon, I live in Dallas and I've never been. Do people bring their computers and poo poo still?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
People still byoc but you don't have to.

I haven't done a LAN in like 14 years. Kinda want to but ehhhh.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

hawowanlawow posted:

I get full games every time with a queue of 5 minutes, max. Usually more like 2-3. Australians should know by now that low pop games like this aren't gonna work for them.

I've been thinking about going to quakecon, I live in Dallas and I've never been. Do people bring their computers and poo poo still?

It's BYOC but given how far mobile GPUs have come this isn't the cluster gently caress it once was. I've got an EVGA SC15 (7700, 16, 256ssd, 1tbhdd, 1060m 6gb) and it's fast enough. You're main goat gently caress is going to be that mobile sound (like desktop sound) sucks sans external DAC and even worse open backed headphones (which give the best sound stage) are a huge issue in that situation.

This isn't the problem it once was as a good DAC is down to about 300 and product that integrate DAC + Dolby + Headphones can be the same (even Steelseries makes a passable headset now).

The remaining gripe is that (LOL) many of those 144hz DVI or DP monitors won't loving run off a laptop at the full 144+hz without an active adapter, you'll have better luck with the gsync over DP type but the active sync ones suck compared to the DVI ones so try your luck. Those adapters are 100 bucks plus and eat USB port.

So it's doable provided you know your monitor will work and have some sort of external sound. Stupid as that might sound it's still better than hauling around a CRT and a tower so progress?

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Ugh all of that seems stressful. Like if I had a decent laptop I would bring that for BYOC but I don’t and I don’t know if I want to drive to Dallas just to bring my desktop.

I’ve never been though so I don’t know if it’s worth going if you aren’t doing BYOC. I’m not a local so I’d be getting a plane ticket.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

They doubled the size of BYOC over last year so if you're on the fence about going, just commit. It's gonna be nuuuuuts

Clutch is extremely strong now. He was actually the most banned hero in the FortyLions Den #2 duel tournament tonight (Everyone was allowed 1 Champion ban), second most banned was BJ. The grand finals are still going right now https://www.twitch.tv/iamfortylions

I Won 1 and Lost 2. Both went on to loose to Elite ranked players so I don't feel tooo terrible. I hit Visor with that #GAMESENSE tho.

If you wanna watch me lose here u go:
vs Everthus
vs Wilkyyy

Assorted Clips if you don't?
https://clips.twitch.tv/SuspiciousTiredOpossumStrawBeary
https://clips.twitch.tv/SpeedySparklingAlfalfaPanicVis
https://clips.twitch.tv/RepleteMiniatureWeaselPeanutButterJellyTime

I admittedly do not spend a lot of time dueling. I need to work on my consistency (especially hitting railgun shots, so many times I'd work them down to 1 shot and then miss), and remember to run away instead of plusforwarding at every opportunity. I'm also being weirdly conservative with my abilities, was giving away fights I should've won because I was scared to "waste" my ability. I need to unbind my loving scrollwheel and just use the buttons, too. Well that's enough self deprecation for now, hope this helps someone maybe?

If you'd like someone to practice with, I'm in the discord in the OP, just @vlc#9200

Social Animal posted:

We're supposed to be getting full viewmodel customization eventually, they've said on the dev stream a few times that all of the functionality is there, they've just got a massive backlog of UI tasks and "extra" features are at the end of that list. You used to be able to use launch options to hide weapons offscreen, but they patched that out maybe December 2017?

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Playing against BJ is pure cancer in Duel. His F is like a win button. My only strats for dealing with it are;

-Camp the LG before they can get to it first and hope I can kill them before they press F.
-Play the robot and press F (still not guaranteed, double LG can kill you in the time it takes for a shield to come back after a shot).
-Try to just snipe with a rail in the hopes he never comes in LG range.

You need to get really good at running away. One of those rare situations where strafejumping is more important than shooting as it will literally save your life. Soon as you hear that catchphrase just do a 180 and GTFO

Also for those who care: If you insist on using a framerate cap, the in game limiter seems to introduce frametime spikes upwards of 40ms. Seeing a lot of people in the id quake discord saying RivaTuner's limiter is doing a much better job of giving consistent frame pacing.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
While you're busy fretting about your Duel MMR, this lady has her priorities straight: https://clips.twitch.tv/JoyousOptimisticLobsterNotLikeThis

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

So uh, how often does the store update? I want to buy the Q2 railgun, but they will not take my money.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

New Zealand can eat me posted:

We're supposed to be getting full viewmodel customization eventually, they've said on the dev stream a few times that all of the functionality is there, they've just got a massive backlog of UI tasks and "extra" features are at the end of that list.

Obviously, this is part of their work to support putting the gun at the top center for Orbb. :getin:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

hawowanlawow posted:

So uh, how often does the store update? I want to buy the Q2 railgun, but they will not take my money.

Seems like every few days? I've seen it change a few times in the last couple weeks.

But it may not cycle through all weapons. I feel like I've seen some multiple times and others not at all, but it could just be random too.

I want the q3 plasma damnit

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I got the q3 plasma and q1 rocket in free crates :smug:

sensy v2.0
May 12, 2001

Hi I have all guns except for the new tribolt and that Quakecon LG.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I wonder if I have to bring a computer to get a quake con item or if I can just show up.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Hey there, I haven't found a single gun but I do have plenty of camo skins. Just wanted to say gently caress off, every one of you. Thanks for reading.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

treat posted:

Hey there, I haven't found a single gun but I do have plenty of camo skins. Just wanted to say gently caress off, every one of you. Thanks for reading.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

treat posted:

:negative: sorry buddy

I'm pretty happy that I pulled the OG rocket launcher from a crate. The q1 nailgun is literally useless though holy poo poo. They need to make it a super nailgun skin.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

I wonder if I have to bring a computer to get a quake con item or if I can just show up.

The LG was given out just as long as you logged in during the QuakeCon period. I wonder what it will be this year.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Zaphod42 posted:

:negative: sorry buddy

I'm pretty happy that I pulled the OG rocket launcher from a crate. The q1 nailgun is literally useless though holy poo poo. They need to make it a super nailgun skin.

But there's already a Super Nailgun from Q1 skin. And it's available last I checked, might buy it and the one-timer.

Now if only people picked regular DM over Instagib.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

widespread posted:

Now if only people picked regular DM over Instagib.

You're totally wrong, but really they should just be two different queues. Its so dumb having people vote for one or the other MODE. Voting for maps makes sense, for modes it does not.

Also, where the gently caress is CTF. :colbert:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Oh and runes would be way cooler if you could do them all by default. Having to get them in loot boxes first before you can do them is some bullshit greed.

spider wisdom
Nov 4, 2011

og data bandit
Def feels like a greater variety of stuff/fewer dupes dropped before the latest patch.

There's a chance I'll still be recovering from ACL surgery and won't make it, but we should organize a goon meetup for Quakecon.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Has anyone else had issues with crate items not being granted after the animation to open them? I got told I had a Clutch rune, went to look at it and then found nothing on his rune menu.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

Has anyone else had issues with crate items not being granted after the animation to open them? I got told I had a Clutch rune, went to look at it and then found nothing on his rune menu.

If you run into this stuff, take a SS while still logged in or write down the KSIVA numbers at the bottom of the screen and it'll help them find the issue if you submit a bug report.

Zaphod42 posted:

You're totally wrong, but really they should just be two different queues. Its so dumb having people vote for one or the other MODE. Voting for maps makes sense, for modes it does not.

Playlists are being dropped for mode selection in next update.

https://twitter.com/girlnamedmaggie/status/1015287775652909056?s=19

MJBuddy fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jul 19, 2018

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

FYI don't queue for Virginia if you're sick of 180 ping south americans teleporting around, apparently there's some sort of UI error that tells them they're getting "100ms" ping alllll the way to Virginia, yet none of the other US servers work for them. Looking forward to the ELO reset next month, there's 1400 ELO players who don't know you can shub with orbs, and 1100 ELO players beating elites (>1800? ELO) in offsite tournaments

The BEATSports invitational duels today were fantastic, I didn't get a chance to clip everything but here's two keepers:

Nutty orbs https://clips.twitch.tv/LongSneakyTitanBudStar

Excellent production value https://clips.twitch.tv/DirtyIncredulousFungusBleedPurple

Was that deliberate?? https://clips.twitch.tv/LittleSpicyAmazonCopyThis

E: Bonus clip pointing out how worthless LG is vs RL right now. If you can't hit like 70% on a given engagement the RL wins every time https://clips.twitch.tv/BumblingFuriousDiscFunRun

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 20, 2018

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

hawowanlawow posted:

Last Month or so has been store changes on Thursday. But remember you can scroll down on the bundles page other stuff.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

FYI don't queue for Virginia if you're sick of 180 ping south americans teleporting around,

poo poo I'm being called out

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Not sure what's so nutty about this? He hits him with the orb... that's what you do.

I mean air juggling him from a rocket into an orb and not missing is nice, but like, not seeing what's so nutty.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

The one he almost walks into that was a prediction, not the second one lol

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The one he almost walks into that was a prediction, not the second one lol

Ah, but it didn't get him so it didn't really work. Like nice try though.

Orbs dissipate if they hit a wall, right? It'd be cool if you could drop and orb while you're being chased and then blow it like a mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

The first few did before that, you should watch the VOD it was a great day of matches (just click watch full video on any of these clips)

Meant to get this one but twitch bugged out when I tried, INSANE pre rocket to rail on Molten https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdbloodedTastyKathyDxCat