Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

His face is still as punchable as Ed Sheeran's, but that was the best H2SX review I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

New (to me) biek. ‘04 Honda 919 :iia:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Noice!

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Debugario posted:

Not completely sure. I was riding it home from work and It started stuttering and surging as I got into my neighborhood.
I stopped at a stop sign 3 houses away from home and it died. Tried to start it back up again and it just burst into flames.

My best guess is a fuel line came loose or something.

For the record I didn't stop right away to look at it because it was 4 am and my neighborhood doesn't have any street lights so I wouldn't have been able to see anything anyway.
Figured I would try to limp it home to the garage where I could actually see what was wrong. Didn't think the thing would explode on me

How many miles? Was it worked on?

Debugario
Jun 11, 2009

Gullous posted:

How many miles? Was it worked on?

I changed tires on it back in March with 18900 miles on it. So maybe 20000 miles on it.
Otherwise no real work was done on it. I was getting ready to check the valve clearances on it soon too.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Fanelien posted:

His face is still as punchable as Ed Sheeran's, but that was the best H2SX review I've seen.

I think a number of us agree Fortnine has unfortunate face but the last time I brought this up it was somehow a problem.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Jay Leno's face is significantly more unfortunate, given it doesn't actually fit inside a crash helenet.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Renaissance Robot posted:

Jay Leno's face is significantly more unfortunate, given it doesn't actually fit inside a crash helenet.

Yep, I always get a laugh when I see that titanic chin hanging out of the bottom of his Arai

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
FortNine's stuff is over the top lately. Just because you can put a fake HUD on almost every shot doesn't mean you should. You don't need perspective sweeps from the 360 degree camera in every on-bike shot.

Ryan F9 waxing overly poetic and his video editors hitting ALL the buttons in After Effects ends up distracting from good concepts and content. It's trying too hard to be Top Gear and not getting there.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Guys. Here is a helpful tip. Fortnine has never been good

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

There were a lot of tryhard parts but I got a laugh out of "Motorcycle oil" and "Volleyball oil" in the locker

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fanelien posted:

Yep, I always get a laugh when I see that titanic chin hanging out of the bottom of his Arai

It's ridiculous that with his money and head shape he doesn't get something custom-fitted

tjones
May 13, 2005
To be fair, Arai's chin skirts are somewhat higher than other helmets. But yeah his chin is huge.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I never understood that either. He could have literally any manufacturer custom build him a helmet yet he rocks a stock one and looks like a goofball constantly.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Denial would explain it. Easier to pretend your face is normal than accept it's not.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

I don't think he's in denial.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

His autobiography is called "Leading With My Chin"

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Gullous posted:

Denial would explain it. Easier to pretend your face is normal than accept it's not.

I'm willing to bet when he rides normally he does have a custom lid and only wears an Arai (as already pointed out, the shortest of the big brands) for videos and stuff exactly *because* his chin sticks out of it.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...
So - I bought my first bike about 6 weeks before leaving home for the summer to live in Lisbon, Portugal. There are a gazillion cool-rear end bikes here. I also recently took up photography... and so I'm using my time away from the thing I want to do the most to practice photography a bit.

Here's some of my favorites so far. I'd love to know what you think, or what you'd like to see more of! I'm here 2 more weeks.

If you're on instagram, I've been trying to post about one a day @radiumisotope. Come yell at me on the internet.

MrSaturn fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Jul 17, 2018

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

From early 1290 ownership, it is sometimes like touching god, others like getting buggered by a thousand demons.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

zing!

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

DON'T cage brains, they belong in the wild! #PETB

Skulls are murder! Run free, brains! Run freeeeeeeeeeee

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

MrSaturn posted:

So - I bought my first bike about 6 weeks before leaving home for the summer to live in Lisbon, Portugal. There are a gazillion cool-rear end bikes here. I also recently took up photography... and so I'm using my time away from the thing I want to do the most to practice photography a bit.

Here's some of my favorites so far. I'd love to know what you think, or what you'd like to see more of! I'm here 2 more weeks.

If you're on instagram, I've been trying to post about one a day @radiumisotope. Come yell at me on the internet.

See this is what decriminalising all drugs does to a nation's ideas about what constitutes a cool bike.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Ayyy they're doing a second season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EeKaSiV6MY

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

This is a still from a 70s grindhouse film and you cannot convince me otherwise.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What if I tell you that motor didn't exist back then?

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

goddamnedtwisto posted:

See this is what decriminalising all drugs does to a nation's ideas about what constitutes a cool bike.

That first harley is pretty sexy

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ohm9m9fyhQ

:stonk:

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
KTM Duke 790 Pikes Peak run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x28XRp6ToLo

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Grom Life
https://twitter.com/dorseyshaw/status/1019300972202512389

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
As someone who lives in NY, don’t block the loving doors. Otherwise nobody would care at all.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

"I am taking this train OUT OF SERVICE if you don't stop blocking the doors!!"

...Actually, you never hear that anymore, since they started making all the announcements autonomous recordings.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The dick move is not necessarily bringing something slightly wider than a bicycle on the train, the dick move was blocking the door

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
That's a good way to have your facial features rearranged.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Given that it's an electric, that's a pretty good way to conserve battery life on your commute.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
https://i.imgur.com/7dcX3Gj.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Dang that's :coal: