Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Tiggum posted:

Lemon juice is better.

Are you OK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

burial posted:

Are you OK?

Yes, I'm fine. :confused:

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, those complaints are entirely valid. Gone Home isn't a good game. Adventure games just always get rated way higher than they deserve because fans of the genre are so used to mediocrity and taking whatever scraps they can get their hands on.

Or they see different things in these games than you do?

My Unpopular Opinion is that people who talk about what rating something "deserves" are obnoxious.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Some recent indie game stuff are barely games but they are entertaining IMO. They just need a new name for the genre or category. It's not quite "walking simulator" but maybe more interactive novels? With games like Gone Home it's not like you can lose or fighting against the timer. Some would argue that means it's not a game but really who gives a poo poo. They are supposed to be entertainment and even art.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Mu Zeta posted:

Some recent indie game stuff are barely games but they are entertaining IMO. They just need a new name for the genre or category. It's not quite "walking simulator" but maybe more interactive novels? With games like Gone Home it's not like you can lose or fighting against the timer. Some would argue that means it's not a game but really who gives a poo poo. They are supposed to be entertainment and even art.

I would argue that most don't rise to the level of being either a game or an interactive novel. A well-done, immersive interactive novel could be interesting but to me all these "indie" games lately seem like bare-minimum efforts that they just hope will catch on and become "viral" for a few weeks and cash in.

But who cares, it's video games. Play what you want. I'm not one to talk about what makes a game good since I pretty much exclusively play call of duty and farming simulator (more of the latter recently tbh).

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

burial posted:

What about vinegar? Or gravy?

People who have not had gravy fries are really missing out.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Gone Home was a loving bland boring rear end videogame which I turned off after literally 5 minutes. And it was free.

Life is Strange is a bad videogame that sounds like a lovely tv show from Nickelodeon in the 90s. The language, the writing, the characterization, all awful.

God of War 2018 is a well made videogame. Its probably a fantastic experience if you've never controlled a videogame charachter in a 3d space before but in 5 hours it didn't do much that I hadn't seen before.

Nier Automata is a cool game which gets hyped up wayyy too much by a bunch of nerdorinos who collectively go "this games themes of existence are so profound that I'm going to label it the greatest gaming experience created" while ignoring the fact that streets of rage on the mega drive in 1992 had a more complicated combat system.

Fortnite is loving stupid. Cool design, neat premise even if pubg got there first and does it better. Why are there building mechanics? Why is the biggest game of 2018 so schizophrenic it can't decide if it wants to be Minecraft or counterstrike?

Starcraft 2 is the greatest videogame.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
We need more Federal Holidays. At least three more. Election day, of course, but I dunno what the other two should be. Probably something in late March, early April

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

CrRoMa posted:

Fortnite is loving stupid. Cool design, neat premise even if pubg got there first and does it better. Why are there building mechanics? Why is the biggest game of 2018 so schizophrenic it can't decide if it wants to be Minecraft or counterstrike?
Because it's a free spin-off of a 2017 game that had building stuff.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

We need more Federal Holidays. At least three more. Election day, of course, but I dunno what the other two should be. Probably something in late March, early April

We could just use the Christian ones in May like Ascension day and whit monday like the europeans do. It would be an easy sell since politicians wouldn't want to look un-Christian. Hell, take them all and we could at least double your request.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There should be one a month at the very least.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

but then poors would get days off too, and they don't deserve it!!!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

but then poors would get days off too, and they don't deserve it!!!

:lol: If you think food service and retail will be closed for a holiday!

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Tiggum posted:

Yes, I'm fine. :confused:

I was just checking. Because lemon on fries sounds horrible so I thought something terrible maybe happened to you.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

People who have not had gravy fries are really missing out.

I agree. I mean, I’m happy if somebody tries (and likes) vinegar, but gravy is an excellent choice too. It does, however, bother me when I try to order poutine and I get gravy fries. It’s close, but they are definitely two different things in that the former has goddamn cheese curds involved.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

burial posted:

I was just checking. Because lemon on fries sounds horrible so I thought something terrible maybe happened to you.
What, vinegar is good but lemon juice is unthinkable to you?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Inspired by a facebook post of a friend: if you're in your mid to late 30s and you still identify as a "goth" and shop mostly at hot topic and hello kitty shops, something might have gone wrong with your social development. Especially when you live in the south where it is hot as hell most of the year - how can you bear wearing all that pleather and poo poo?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

burial posted:

I agree. I mean, I’m happy if somebody tries (and likes) vinegar, but gravy is an excellent choice too. It does, however, bother me when I try to order poutine and I get gravy fries. It’s close, but they are definitely two different things in that the former has goddamn cheese curds involved.

What kind of gravy are we talking here? Like the poutine brown gravy kind always or do they do the more peppery sausage stuff they put on biscuits too? I could imagine both being good to be honest.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 18:59 on Jul 17, 2018

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Fried chips or souffle potatoes with lime and salt are delicious.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Tiggum posted:

What, vinegar is good but lemon juice is unthinkable to you?

Yes, it is unthinkable to me. I’m sorry I let you down. Truly.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

What kind of gravy are we talking here? Like the poutine brown gravy kind always or do they do the more peppery sausage stuff they put on biscuits too? I could imagine both being good to be honest.

At restaurants/diners? it’s usually/always the brown gravy. I’ve had it with biscuit gravy at home though and both are good.

I guess it would be hypocritical of me not to try the lemon juice thing, but I’m a little scared.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I like lemon juice on my fish and chip (mostly on the fish though) so it's probably not terrible. I think the mushy pea is a superior british thing to put on the fish and a chip though, it sounds gross but it's great.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Not a fan of ketchup, but I'm fine with most sauces on food. Really, I prefer seasonings over sauce.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
ugh, we're doomed.

Blue Star has a new favorite as of 20:03 on Jul 18, 2018

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The block chain will save us

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

"Phoneshop" is an underrated TV comedy

A owl

A hour?

A owl

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Blue Star posted:

We Live in a Society

anyone ever told you that we die in a society, too?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I dislike the dude running it as much as the next guy, but people talking about boycotting Amazon are no different than the lunkheads who talk about boycotting Steam. Usually, it comes from the same place of knowing that them and everyone else are still gonna use the service because :lol: at the alternatives, so it's really a lot of pissing into the wind.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it is really, really easy to avoid using amazon. it's certainly convenient, but the entire point of amazon is that it's just like, people delivering stuff you would have just bought at stores before. for your analogy to work, amazon would have to be like, the only place to buy groceries or whatever.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

I dislike the dude running it as much as the next guy, but people talking about boycotting Amazon are no different than the lunkheads who talk about boycotting Steam. Usually, it comes from the same place of knowing that them and everyone else are still gonna use the service because :lol: at the alternatives, so it's really a lot of pissing into the wind.

Every time someone mentions boycotting I think that image of people in the steam group titled something like boycott (whatever the latest call of duty game was, i think mw2) and most of them were currently in the game.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
it was mw2, yeah. i think it was over something really stupid, though. maybe like nerfing MLC or dropshotting or something, who the gently caress knows with those people.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

your mockery only fuels their sanctimony

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Every time someone mentions boycotting I think that image of people in the steam group titled something like boycott (whatever the latest call of duty game was, i think mw2) and most of them were currently in the game.

They did the same thing(with the same results) with Left For Dead 2.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it was mw2, yeah. i think it was over something really stupid, though. maybe like nerfing MLC or dropshotting or something, who the gently caress knows with those people.

It was about dedicated servers IIRC

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I honestly don't like the auto matching they do in the MW games. Just let me join my favorite server.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Victims of a crime should have a final say on whether the criminal should be granted parole or not (assuming they have a legitimate reason). I just watched "An American Crime" which detailed the crimes of a lady that boarded kids for money, based on a true story, and tortured one to death with her family's help over months. It was kind of unique among true crime movies where they actually toned the real story down extremely. I hated the villains of the movie and wanted to see them executed just from the movie itself, but reading the real story it actually floored me that not only none of them got the death penalty but even the worst perpetrator was released on parole.

I don't care how many drugs you were on, a person capable of doing that to a child should never see the light of day again, no matter how nice of a prisoner she was. The world is better off without her in it and I hope the relatives of the girl she killed pissed on her grave.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The new She-Ra reboot looks perfectly fine. She-Ra and He-Man were before my time, so i guess i dont give a poo poo, but still, i dont see what the fuss is all about. The She-ra character looks muscular and athletic, which is fine. People acting like she looks like a dude but...she kinda doesn't, tho. She's just athletic-looking and not particularly curvy, which is a valid stylistic choice on the part of the creator(s). Its a kid's show, anyway.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I was a huge Anthony Bourdain fan. I own all his books, including his crappy mob novels. Watched his shows from the beginning on Food Network. But the last 4-5 years of his shows on CNN were all boring as gently caress and I thought Bourdain was bored out of his mind.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Blue Star posted:

The new She-Ra reboot looks perfectly fine. She-Ra and He-Man were before my time, so i guess i dont give a poo poo, but still, i dont see what the fuss is all about. The She-ra character looks muscular and athletic, which is fine. People acting like she looks like a dude but...she kinda doesn't, tho. She's just athletic-looking and not particularly curvy, which is a valid stylistic choice on the part of the creator(s). Its a kid's show, anyway.

The she ra stuff strikes me as a fabricated controversy because there is no way anyone in 2018 gives a gently caress about She Ra positively or negative.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The original She-Ra was a lot hotter than the current She-Ra, but I don't think hotness should be the biggest factor when designing children's cartoon characters.

Those are my personally held unpopular opinions.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

I was a huge Anthony Bourdain fan. I own all his books, including his crappy mob novels. Watched his shows from the beginning on Food Network. But the last 4-5 years of his shows on CNN were all boring as gently caress and I thought Bourdain was bored out of his mind.

Yeah, nothing chokes the life out of a travel/food show like revisiting places they've already been. The floor should have dropped out from under them before it got boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, nothing chokes the life out of a travel/food show like revisiting places they've already been. The floor should have dropped out from under them before it got boring.

How the gently caress do you run out of restaurants? Just go to different restaurants!