Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

basic hitler posted:

Its all fake right? These people whining about berniebspending too much time shining a light on income inequality are just deranged morons and people propagating this poo poo for a paycheck right? Normal people arent going "hmm yeah starvation wages and grinding your workers into bone dust is bad but how often is bernie shrieking about Russia? Not enough if you ask me."?

The people spreading the most division today are those who try to bring every single conversation back to Russia, making them the most obvious candidates to be Russian propagandists themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

it's like the people who insisted the time for self-reflection on obama's disastrous immigration policies was after trump's immigration policies were defeated. they don't want to ever discuss income inequality, or the faults of the dems. they just want to shriek "republicans are terrible" over and over again till a dem is elected upon which time any discussion of income inequality will be labeled as russian/republican agitprop

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

"now's not a good time, wait until things are better"

this is a common centrist trick, and the halfway smart, cynical ones use it to brush aside any topic of reform they don't want to discuss. the day when things get good enough for the topic in question to be discussed never comes, they always find something else that's more important, something to prioritize over and distract away from issues they don't want to deal with. it also lets them pretend to be the adults in the room just looking out for the best interests of the nation.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

The object of focus is always something that makes no difference to the regular functioning of domestic politics. It's never something that can realize significant positive change across the board for society, but something that at best benefits a particular class of an already advantaged middle class and bourgeois.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

OAC is getting succ.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

basic hitler posted:

Its all fake right? These people whining about berniebspending too much time shining a light on income inequality are just deranged morons and people propagating this poo poo for a paycheck right? Normal people arent going "hmm yeah starvation wages and grinding your workers into bone dust is bad but how often is bernie shrieking about Russia? Not enough if you ask me."?

The top 20% operate in an entirely separate economy running on social connections, accumulated wealth, and nepotism where it's only possible to fail upward. The rest of the United States may as well be a foreign country to them. People being worked to death in this country takes up about as much space in their head as the working conditions in Bangladesh or the dead civilians in the eight countries we are bombing.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Interesting how bernie left an empty podium for noted democratic donor and ally Jeff Bezos but not for putin?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

There's 1,315,000 licensed lawyers in the United States.

Yeah, but how many of them got a political science degree?!

#BLUEWAVE #RESIST #STILLWITHHER

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

I don’t mean to single out lawyers either, just trying to point out the professional trades which represent the real base of Democratic Party support are a significant population.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

basic hitler posted:

I dont feel like job secure professionals exist in sufficient numbers to matter anymore lol

The MIC is a pretty fuckin secure job right now.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Lambert posted:

These people don't even have a plan to stop "the Russian takeover". No one is proposing any reforms to state election law (like getting rid of voting computers and machines) or possible ways to transform the Republic to be more representative. Being very concerned on Twitter won't change anything.

step 1: impeach trump
step 2: president pence
step 3: ???
step 4: theocratic rule in america

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

spacetoaster posted:

Lol, those companies are actively moving as much as they can to southern states with the worst labor laws just like everybody else. The companies are doing great. Doesn't mean the workers are.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

spacetoaster posted:

yeah they're all moonlighting as cnn special correspondents

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Why do people hate Snowden?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Because Putin finds him useful

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Corky Romanovsky posted:

He broke The Rules and they couldn't get him fired/locked up for it

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

Interesting how bernie left an empty podium for noted democratic donor and ally Jeff Bezos but not for putin?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Corky Romanovsky posted:

breaking decorum before decorum was a thing

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Thoguh posted:

Lol, those companies are actively moving as much as they can to southern states with the worst labor laws just like everybody else. The companies are doing great. Doesn't mean the workers are.

The dude I was responding to said professionals. That's a term I take to mean management.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shuan King is on one today, had to block the name Butina because the retweets ate my intire timeline

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Corky Romanovsky posted:

he said Obama Bad

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/brandyljensen/status/1019192641274220544?s=21

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Shannon posting a lot of photos of this lady and Shaun King retweeting them all.

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1018996837645074432

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

are we witch hunting yet. I gotta get me a witch hunter hat

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Rated PG-34 posted:

are we witch hunting yet. I gotta get me a witch hunter hat

Russian hunting.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I don’t mean to single out lawyers either, just trying to point out the professional trades which represent the real base of Democratic Party support are a significant population.

I'll single out lawyers. Duck em all

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

The thread title is loving magnificent.

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Russian hunting.

gotta catch em all

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Grondoth posted:

I know it's common in the succ zone to downplay this russia stuff cause it's a good excuse for the dems to do ffffffffuckin' nothing, but there was a russian spy doing poo poo with the NRA and 12 russian agents were indited for election bullshit and Trump straight up said it was a good idea for russia to help with the investigation by having their agents come look at our election infrastructure; this is... kinda a bit of a holy poo poo they're jsut saying it out loud moment?

I think the best thing to do is kinda what Bernie said; tie it into international oligarchs running everything. Cause that's what russia is, it's the end result of rich assholes stealing all the state's resources and becoming SUPER rich assholes who run their country and want more money. I think it's a mistake to wave this away, one because it's kinda bonkers and no one should be meddling in elections, including us and we do it all the time; and two because it makes every republican look really bad and their whole party needs to be destroyed for us to make progress.

If dems are gonna talk about the Russia investigation, it should be pointed out that the pot of gold at the end of the Mueller rainbow isn't going to be some nebulous "collusion" charge (which is true, but who cares? and as said, we've meddled in more countries internal politics then anyone) but the decades of financial crimes that Trump and the GOP have committed, defrauding anyone and everyone they could.

Even when we do catch these rich fuckers red-handed we're lucky to get a slap on the wrist. We don't even have to go far for an example, as the $25 million Trump university settlement, which scammed thousands of American's who thought Trump was a financial genius ended up costing him not even 1% of his net worth.

Jailing these fuckers on the billions of dollars they've laundered, defrauded and stolen from the American people would be a good start to letting the rest of them know they're not above the law. I don't have any faith that's what is actually gonna happen but it sounds nice.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Those replies, wow

"Uh Trump is worse, checkmate :smug:"
"I don't like Trump either :confused:"
"Sure you don't :smug: *reaction gif*"

Condiv posted:

it's like the people who insisted the time for self-reflection on obama's disastrous immigration policies was after trump's immigration policies were defeated. they don't want to ever discuss income inequality, or the faults of the dems. they just want to shriek "republicans are terrible" over and over again till a dem is elected upon which time any discussion of income inequality will be labeled as russian/republican agitprop

The funny thing about this is it's exactly the same tactic pro-gun people use to justify not passing any gun reforms after a mass shooting

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im fine guillotining the russian oligarchs that trump is colluding with too.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Itd be a pretty cool way to build solidarity between countries if you think about it

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Control Volume posted:

Im fine guillotining the russian oligarchs that trump is colluding with too.

No war but class war.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Nastier Nate posted:

If dems are gonna talk about the Russia investigation, it should be pointed out that the pot of gold at the end of the Mueller rainbow isn't going to be some nebulous "collusion" charge (which is true, but who cares? and as said, we've meddled in more countries internal politics then anyone) but the decades of financial crimes that Trump and the GOP have committed, defrauding anyone and everyone they could.

Even when we do catch these rich fuckers red-handed we're lucky to get a slap on the wrist. We don't even have to go far for an example, as the $25 million Trump university settlement, which scammed thousands of American's who thought Trump was a financial genius ended up costing him not even 1% of his net worth.

Jailing these fuckers on the billions of dollars they've laundered, defrauded and stolen from the American people would be a good start to letting the rest of them know they're not above the law. I don't have any faith that's what is actually gonna happen but it sounds nice.

lol, that would upset the donor class so it isn't gonna happen

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Control Volume posted:

Itd be a pretty cool way to build solidarity between countries if you think about it

You bring the vertical track, I'll bring the steel pizza peel

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Corky Romanovsky posted:

lol, that would upset the donor class so it isn't gonna happen

besides the real estate DEALS, the other thing is campaign finance fuckery (see: real estate deals) and lol if you think that the dems are going to do anything about it

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

I agree, this is an example of how the ultra rich just skate above the law and can influence anything because of this.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The Russia stuff sucks but as people have pointed out a) we've used the CIA to sway elections all over the world for the past 75 years and b) some nebulous "takeover" of our government by Russia is not a priority when American wealthy elites and multinational corporations already took it over 30 years ago. By all means the government should mitigate it as much as possible, but it's not even in the top 5 of Things to Unfuck in America

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Didn't we, under obama, gently caress up the ukrainian government?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i'm still laughing at "strzok is a household name"