Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Does the GR level affect loot at all? Like is there a better chance at getting good loot in a GR90 compared to a GR70?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I believe the chance for legendaries goes up as your GR does (but doesn't mean they will be good ones). And you get more blood shards of course.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Is blizz working on diablo4 yet

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

bamhand posted:

I believe the chance for legendaries goes up as your GR does (but doesn't mean they will be good ones). And you get more blood shards of course.

Are any of these numbers documented anywhere? It would be interesting to look everything over.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RCarr posted:

Are any of these numbers documented anywhere? It would be interesting to look everything over.

I don't know if there's any publication Grift drop rates, but here are the drop rates for Normal through T-13

https://d3resource.com/difficulties/

Really all you need to know is

1. You get more legendaries for higher GRifts
2. Speedruns get you more legendaries per minute than 10+ minute pushes

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I always feel like GRs also give you more class-specific gear than just a normal rift, but I could be imagining things. This is just my Diabluition from thousands of hours spent in this dumb game.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

got any sevens posted:

Is blizz working on diablo4 yet

Blizzard spent all of last year and a little bit of the year before last doing hiring sprees for both specifically named Diablo 3 and a still as of yet new and unannounced/unnamed Diablo franchise project. This year, within the last two months, they've started posting and filling positions like dungeon artist/design for presumably the same unannounced/unnamed Diablo project, but since they haven't officially said anything yet we can't 100% for sure say its for the same thing that they were hiring for last year.

Assuming all the hiring last year and this year was for the same project and said project is Diablo 4, they are at the stage where they are hiring art/design assets which would hint at them having an either mature build of the engine that they are going to use or a fully realized enough version of it to start making the in game content.

All that said, I predict that this year at BlizzCon we will get nothing in particular Diablo related, but BlizzCon 2019 they'll announce D4. Then in proper Blizzard Soon™ fashion, it'll come out in 2021-2022 :v:.

exquisite tea posted:

I always feel like GRs also give you more class-specific gear than just a normal rift, but I could be imagining things. This is just my Diabluition from thousands of hours spent in this dumb game.

You just get more legendaries period by doing GRs, especially anything over gr60/t13 that you're more likely to see more examples of every type of loot.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I hope D4 is even brighter and with more colors.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I don't love how D3 looks, but they nailed a lot of the special effects. Launching Grim Dawn after spending dozens of hours with the Wizard's walking orchestra of lights and meteors, is underwhelming to put it mildly.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
On the other hand, simpler graphics like Grim Dawn's would help me be able to tell what the hell is going on in 4 player high GR pushes.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Definitely. Though imo GD has its own, lesser, problems with gameplay clarity, but that's more to do with how they represent damage types and the sheer number of damage types.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Suspicious posted:

On the other hand, simpler graphics like Grim Dawn's would help me be able to tell what the hell is going on in 4 player high GR pushes.

Or just having very clearly delineated ground effects (like, a red dashed circle for molten) that supersede all other spell effects. :v:

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Is the scaling of difficulty in GR really steep after GR60 or something? I can run a 65 in under 3 minutes with a speedfarming setup, a 67 takes maybe 5 minutes and the Guardian gives me some issues but no deaths, but when I did my first 70 it took me forever to kill non-elite packs and I fought the Guardian for like 4 minutes because I died 5 times and almost didn't make the timer... but I finished.

Also, what's the best way to farm up tons of Death Breaths? I've hit a point where the only improvements to my gear is to reroll for Ancients with better affixes but my progress has slowed considerably due to lack of mats.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WarMECH posted:

Also, what's the best way to farm up tons of Death Breaths? I've hit a point where the only improvements to my gear is to reroll for Ancients with better affixes but my progress has slowed considerably due to lack of mats.

Join a public T13 rift lobby, open a rift if one isn’t open, then follow whatever insane DH or Crusader that sweeps the entire thing in 2 minutes is my go to way of stocking up on those.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Join a public T13 rift lobby, open a rift if one isn’t open, then follow whatever insane DH or Crusader that sweeps the entire thing in 2 minutes is my go to way of stocking up on those.

Yep, this. I got over 1000 DB's by just running behind people as they mowed through Neph Rifts.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Nice easy Crusader CR this week.

Public T13 games are great for farming, I've found public GR games tend to sweep through 80 as well which can help for those last few gem levels (assuming you're not completely dead weight).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

WarMECH posted:

Is the scaling of difficulty in GR really steep after GR60 or something? I can run a 65 in under 3 minutes with a speedfarming setup, a 67 takes maybe 5 minutes and the Guardian gives me some issues but no deaths, but when I did my first 70 it took me forever to kill non-elite packs and I fought the Guardian for like 4 minutes because I died 5 times and almost didn't make the timer... but I finished.

Last I checked monster health increases linearly by roughly 17% each GR level. All other things being equal, if you just beat the timer in a GR69, you'd need to do ~17% more damage before you could clear a GR70 in the same amount of time. Of course there are always variables such as density, mob composition, pylon placement, map layout, class strengths, and individual skill that all play a role.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Last I checked monster health increases linearly by roughly 17% each GR level. All other things being equal, if you just beat the timer in a GR69, you'd need to do ~17% more damage before you could clear a GR70 in the same amount of time. Of course there are always variables such as density, mob composition, pylon placement, map layout, class strengths, and individual skill that all play a role.

It's an exponential increase isn't it?

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rinkles posted:

I haven't tried the focus/restraint version because I haven't found any particularly good ones

I guess you answered your own question. The set bonus is pretty close to insane.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Speaking of Focus/Restraint.

Do the 50% bonuses stack? Like 50% for using resource generator + 50% for using a resource spender = 100%?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah they show up as separate buffs.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

WarMECH posted:

Do what they said, but craft a sages set for yourself if you aren't actually killing anything. Might as well if you're in a game with somebody super fast/powerful.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

RCarr posted:

Speaking of Focus/Restraint.

Do the 50% bonuses stack? Like 50% for using resource generator + 50% for using a resource spender = 100%?

It's (1.5*1.5)-1=125% bonus damage actually.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah they show up as separate buffs.

So as a monk do I want to be peppering in my resource generator attack every few seconds? My RCR is so high I can just spam bells, but I guess I'm losing 50% damage that way?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

lets burn posted:

I guess you answered your own question. The set bonus is pretty close to insane.

Plenty of the leaderboard top spots don't use them (also my unity and CoE rings are much better quality than my focus and restrain)

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

RCarr posted:

So as a monk do I want to be peppering in my resource generator attack every few seconds? My RCR is so high I can just spam bells, but I guess I'm losing 50% damage that way?

That's the idea, yea. If your build is generator-only or spender-only or you have some gear quirk then focus/restraint might not be best-in-slot, but they often are for most people

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

WarMECH posted:

I've hit a point where the only improvements to my gear is to reroll for Ancients with better affixes but my progress has slowed considerably due to lack of mats.

Can you post your build? You should be reaching this "need ancients and augments" around gr85, not 65. You might be able to make some easier tweaks and shoot up by 10 grifts right away.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea you should be able to clear GR70 without any ancients.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Can you post your build? You should be reaching this "need ancients and augments" around gr85, not 65. You might be able to make some easier tweaks and shoot up by 10 grifts right away.

I should have worded it differently, but my issue is that I have all of the pieces I need for my build, just most of them are lacking decent rolls and any drops I get to replace them are worse so I'm looking at re-rolling some for minor improvements.

I'm only Paragon 550 and I'm not concerned about pushing GRs now that I've hit the 70, was just wondering about the sudden spike in difficulty I ran into after 65.

When I logged off I was in T13 Neph Rift farming: https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Celador-1297/hero/92615813

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Vomik posted:

Depends on what you're doing - if you're pushing with WW barb you'd want Stricken, Trapped, and Pain Enhancer.

If you're not pushing (e.g., not trying to set a new best) I'd do Trapped, Pain Enhancer, and Taeguk.

I know WW barb is not exactly a meta pushing build anyways, but can you explain or source your reasoning here? It seems like giving up Taeguk on pushing would be odd considering all the damage and armor it gives. So I'm curious what makes it work out that way.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Mind over Matter posted:

I know WW barb is not exactly a meta pushing build anyways, but can you explain or source your reasoning here? It seems like giving up Taeguk on pushing would be odd considering all the damage and armor it gives. So I'm curious what makes it work out that way.

As mentioned, pushing is an entirely different game. In almost all cases you end up sacrificing any defensive items (hence why you rarely see unity used in pushing builds) and instead of getting defense from gems you instead get defense by running in the rift seeing what monsters are there and running back out and remaking if it is bad.

The Taeguk damage is nice, but pain enhancer is way more damage in the clumps of groups you need to advance your rift bar and stricken is mandatory for the RG.

Trapped is trapped - it's basically the best gem in the game.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Rinkles posted:

Plenty of the leaderboard top spots don't use them (also my unity and CoE rings are much better quality than my focus and restrain)

There is a monk F/R build, but it's different, you end up using a generator (I can't remember the name off the top of my head) and you stand at a range that allows it to hit but still far enough away that things won't hit you back.

It's more difficult to play. I THINK last season that may have got more top leaderboard spots so it might be something you see more near the end of the season, or maybe it just ended up being weaker - I don't remember.

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
Checked some builds for Monk Hardcore and trying to gear it but my damage is really lacking. He's still being built so not really much to post yet, iis monk the type of class that comes together all at once when I have all the set/weps for the build or should it be powerful along the way (like Wizard was)? Feels underwhelming so far but I know from reading and seeing monks tear poo poo up

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

EllEssDee posted:

Checked some builds for Monk Hardcore and trying to gear it but my damage is really lacking. He's still being built so not really much to post yet, iis monk the type of class that comes together all at once when I have all the set/weps for the build or should it be powerful along the way (like Wizard was)? Feels underwhelming so far but I know from reading and seeing monks tear poo poo up

Sunwuko 6 piece
Tso Krin's Gaze
Vengeful Wind

These things are incredibly important.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's definitely a jump from "meh", to "holy loving poo poo!"

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Sunwuko 6 piece
Tso Krin's Gaze
Vengeful Wind

Does your watch work if its missing gears and pieces?

If you don't have "all" the pieces, you might as well have a dead hunk of junk.

If you're missing a few pieces you may just want to farm for them. These builds all work with specific gear. Not random junk.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

lets burn posted:

Does your watch work if its missing gears and pieces?

If you don't have "all" the pieces, you might as well have a dead hunk of junk.

If you're missing a few pieces you may just want to farm for them. These builds all work with specific gear. Not random junk.

You don't have to convince me! I was just answering Dude's question of which pieces give the biggest power spikes.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

RCarr posted:

It's definitely a jump from "meh", to "holy loving poo poo!"

I hadn't touched a barb or a monk since like 2013 I think, but gave them both a go this season. Barbarian Raek6 / SS instead of the usual boulder toss was a jump from 'meh' to 'I did not know this class could be so fun,' and swk6 with all the right stuff was definitely a jump from 'meh' to 'holy loving poo poo!'

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Sunwuko 6 piece
Tso Krin's Gaze
Vengeful Wind

I think Incense Torch of the Grand Temple is huge, as well. Massive damage + twice the bells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
God dammit, either make every weapon roll with a socket or make Gifts more abundant. Almost 600 paragon and I've seen one drop.