Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

I came here to ban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If only there could be a list of series that must not be named

But then you inadvertently advertise those series, a troubling conundrum

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

There doesn't need to be a list of anime/mangas to not name since rape apologia is already a bannable offense.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

I think the ban is more for coming out of nowhere to defend the rape, than for discussing a comic

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Like a Kool Aid man that can no longer be within 500 feet of children

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Matoi Ryuko posted:

There doesn't need to be a list of anime/mangas to not name since rape apologia is already a bannable offense.

Cool and good

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Dungeon Meshi/Delicious in Dungeon update: https://mangadex.org/chapter/409417/1 a little :nws:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Dungeon Meshi/Delicious in Dungeon update: https://mangadex.org/chapter/409417/1 a little :nws:

It's tastefully censored via Convenient Laius tho

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 30, 2023

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Everyone in Dungeon Meshi is cute.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I binged Dorohedero in a day or two which probably didn't let me appreciate it enough but I didn't like it nearly as much after En died Not just because of that but that's when all the most fun goofy stuff wrapped up imo

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
New Area 51.

Looks like things are heating up. Also, its hilarious that Sun WoKong is the leader of the Chinese gods.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
yooooooooooooooooo

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1018693278831505408

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
it is literally one of my dream adaptations coming to fruition

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Studio 4c, that's a name I haven't heard in a while. Good stuff.

Also Dorohedoro is the only manga I have to binge every time I want to catch up with a bunch of new chapters cause the plot is so weird and full of characters. Keeping track of who and where Kaiman is and which characters are alive and dead and alive and the timelines and flashbacks, etc etc.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I hopelessly lost track of who Kaiman really was and who exactly the two or three people you thought were Kaiman but weren't were years ago.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That’s only compounded by binging him. Bring back the mushroom gangster good times

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Sindai posted:

I hopelessly lost track of who Kaiman really was and who exactly the two or three people you thought were Kaiman but weren't were years ago.

Kaiman's my friend.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Chidaruma is the only character in Dorohedoro you're pretty sure isn't about to die at any second.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And only pretty sure.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
For anyone still trying to parse what the hell is going on in Gleipnir, we got two more chapters and now there's a 100 coin dude just camping the alien ship crash site with his stand. This more or less ties off the mountain expedition and it's been an interesting journey because it feels like not much happened even though a lot of stuff kind of happened.

I'd heard this series was getting picked up by Yenpress and I'm honestly confused by that decision. It's not terrible but I don't think it really grabs the reader that well.

Ccs posted:

Also Dorohedoro is the only manga I have to binge every time I want to catch up with a bunch of new chapters cause the plot is so weird and full of characters. Keeping track of who and where Kaiman is and which characters are alive and dead and alive and the timelines and flashbacks, etc etc.
I also wind up having to re-read large chunks of the series to remember what's going on, it's a great cast but a hell of a juggling act as well.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

For anyone still trying to parse what the hell is going on in Gleipnir, we got two more chapters and now there's a 100 coin dude just camping the alien ship crash site with his stand. This more or less ties off the mountain expedition and it's been an interesting journey because it feels like not much happened even though a lot of stuff kind of happened.

I'd heard this series was getting picked up by Yenpress and I'm honestly confused by that decision. It's not terrible but I don't think it really grabs the reader that well.

Gleipnir can be really good when it just focuses on the relationship between the two main characters and the ways they deal with the horrible situation they've been thrust into (case in point: those two new chapters); but unfortunately it seems pretty determined to be a fighting manga, something it just isn't particularly adept at. I hope the chapters after the mountain arc will be less combat-centric.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
mountain arc feels like endgame to me

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

What was the name of that manga that was totally not Japan vs totally not Russia and the not-japanese had giant sabretooth tigers?

It was actually kind of neat and was curious to see what the author(s) were up to these days.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Sounds like Koukoku no Shugosha, if that's correct unfortunately the author Daisuke Sato passed away last year due to heart complications.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Brought To You By posted:

Sounds like Koukoku no Shugosha, if that's correct unfortunately the author Daisuke Sato passed away last year due to heart complications.

Yeah that's the one.

Well poo poo.

:smith:

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I just finished reading National Quiz, and man, that ending.

This manga is like, 10/10 until the very very end. If they had just stuck to a definite Bad End or a definite Good End, it would have been much better either way. The last two pages feel like a weak compromise, but I’m wondering if there’s a reading/analysis/explanation of it that will make me feel better?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Hmm, I don't know if this came up, but the Helck writer put out a few chapters of Piwi's solo adventures. Three are translated so far.

https://reader.kireicake.com/read/helck/en/14/1/page/1

It's just lighthearted comedy, no shonen battles on the horizon.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Grand Blue, a manga about diving, is still good.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
:eyepop: is that perfectly accurate German dialogue? In MY manga?

(aside from a single typo)

Not sure if the author REALLY did his homework on that one, or if the scanlators did some sneaky rewriting, but color me surprised either way

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Kimika no MIkaku, now with more Wiggle and Kantai Collection.
This solidifies Xenomorph as best girl

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Dorohedoro keeps on moving to its end with some truly tragic events this chapter.

Rest in peace Gyoza wand. Our time was short but...it truly was fun.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How the gently caress are they suppose to wrap things up after that with one chapter left?!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mraagvpeine posted:

How the gently caress are they suppose to wrap things up after that with one chapter left?!
WE'RE OUT OF TIME SEE YOU ON THUNDER-

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The previous post is only half joking, I could absolutely see the author of dorohedoro just cold stopping it with a weird unsatisfying ending

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Two new chapters of Raise wa Tanin ga Ii

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Kirishima really bothers me because he always looks one word away from murdering anyone nearby him.
And after this chapter I'm worried he's going to either kill or have shouma killed. This would be an example of a male Yandere correct?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
hibiki is so cool

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Well, that’s one way to talk someone down. Out-crazy them!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That's Hibiki's approach to everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
We got not one, but two chapters of Shiori Experience. It's the partnership only fiction can bring; Jimmi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain and it's a magical thing to read.