Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lmao there are people on Twitter tracking a flight from Sardinia saying it’s Allison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

paddyboat posted:

Lmao there are people on Twitter tracking a flight from Sardinia saying it’s Allison
Not going to lie; this is the sort of stupid passion that I love in football fans.

Even better when it never amounts to anything.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

liverpool are gonna sign allison and then he's gonna get scored on a lot by chelsea ftw and city and the the sun is gonna put up a frontpage saying 'my aim is true' that's a loving elvis costello reference for you

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

fat gay nonce posted:

You weren't told that by anyone with any connection to the club, you were told it by lazy idiots who make up stories to sell newspapers. This isn't hard.

If Klopp in a press conference says "We aren't buying a keeper" then get worked up. If a guy who works for the daily mail and who has a vested interest in getting people to buy his newspaper by making up stories posts a story on twitter you can probably wait for it to be officially confirmed before taking it as gospel.

No offense but are you actually retarded?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

The Kimoa Kid posted:

No offense but are you actually retarded?

Please explain Wicka

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

EvilHawk posted:

Okay might as well shut down this entire forum and just look at press conferences then

Just this thread is fine because it's the same group of weird plastic liverpool and arsenal fans melting down every single season about made up nonsense from twitter.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

fat gay nonce posted:

Please explain Wicka

Do you sincerely believe nothing football-related should ever be discussed unless it's an official club statement?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1019255227982254080

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

fat gay nonce posted:

Just this thread is fine because it's the same group of weird plastic liverpool and arsenal fans melting down every single season about made up nonsense from twitter.

Stop posting in it then nobody will miss you

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

35m is crazy for Courtois when Alisson is apparently going for 70m

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
courtous looks like a goon while Alisson is a sexy sun kissed man, worth the premium

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I don't know much about Courtois but Navas has been amazing for Madrid and bailed them out so many times these past few years.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This is an absolute head scratcher.

Also, Liverpool are spending a loving ton of money this summer.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Ummmmmmm lmao gently caress right off if that's the price tag.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Do you sincerely believe nothing football-related should ever be discussed unless it's an official club statement?

I sincerely believe that getting worked up about made up twitter transfer stories every single season is extremely odd behaviour.

What would you describe the above as?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Courtois only has one year left on his contract.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Ummmmmmm lmao gently caress right off if that's the price tag.
One year left on his contract and Chelsea are bad at transfers.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

fat gay nonce posted:

I sincerely believe that getting worked up about made up twitter transfer stories every single season is extremely odd behaviour.

What would you describe the above as?

Hmmmm is "odd" the right word when it happens every summer all the time? When the entire media would report that Arsenal weren't addressing an obvious need, did you always pause for official confirmation before mocking them?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Hmmmm is "odd" the right word when it happens every summer all the time? When the entire media would report that Arsenal weren't addressing an obvious need, did you always pause for official confirmation before mocking them?
I'd just immediately mock them because its Arsenal

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Gorn Myson posted:

One year left on his contract and Chelsea are bad at transfers.

The one year left now makes sense to me.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gorn Myson posted:

I'd just immediately mock them because its Arsenal

Maybe a bad example, tbh

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

The Kimoa Kid posted:

No because I'm not an arsenal fan and the situation isn't a dumb lie because arsenal did exactly that repeatedly but if some guy with no link to my club posted that the chairman has decided to turn the stadium into a speedway track and gently caress off the football I probably wouldn't post a completely unironic suggestion that he must be stopped from this insane plan without some kind of confirmation.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

fat gay nonce posted:

No because I'm not an arsenal fan and the situation isn't a dumb lie because arsenal did exactly that repeatedly but if some guy with no link to my club posted that the chairman has decided to turn the stadium into a speedway track and gently caress off the football I probably wouldn't post a completely unironic suggestion that he must be stopped from this insane plan without some kind of confirmation.

That's not really what's happening here friend

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

fat gay nonce posted:

You're literally retarded hth

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Ive just seen some insanity on Facebook saying Zidane to Juve but I’m assuming there is no actual source.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he's not going to quit but there is no chance he signs that contract he's been offered. we're so loving cheap we apparently tried to loan solomon rondon from west brom lol

https://twitter.com/ChrisDHWaugh/status/1019255609710071809

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

paddyboat posted:

A sad attempt to recreate the magic of Van Dijk’s silver Mercedes van.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Brony Car posted:

A sad attempt to recreate the magic of Van Dijk’s silver Mercedes van.

Pfft it's no Babel copter

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

This makes no sense for anybody involved unless Navas is actually 50

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

You're literally retarded hth

You’re the guy who wanted to sack the coach who took them to a CL semi and then blamed him for not signing a goalkeeper when he is trying to do exactly that because you believe everything you read online.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
please put the kimoa kid on ignore and never quote him

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003

Winner, PWM POTM January

The Kimoa Kid posted:

That's not really what's happening here friend

No, I exaggerated for comedic purposes.

Is it such a bad principal that you probably shouldn't believe unsubstantiated twitter posts coming from one source that coincidentally has a newspaper to sell you with more details of the story.

Evilhawk what do you think that daily mail journalists angle was? His highly placed club sources were lying to him? He heard a rumour? He made it up? What exactly do you think happened there?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

kcer posted:

please put the kimoa kid on ignore and never quote him

Please do this

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The worst that can happen for Madrid is they offload one of their keepers for significantly more than 35m the next season. It’s good business

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Badrid just sold Ronaldo. Even if it made perfect business sense, Perez is now desperate for big name signings. Courtois had an exceptional World Cup and will make a good start. Never assume logic when it comes to Real.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

BWV posted:

I don't know much about Courtois but Navas has been amazing for Madrid and bailed them out so many times these past few years.

RM are racist fascist shits, Ronald finally figured it out and that's why he left. Extremely unfair to Keylor but they have wanted a white European for a long time and now that De Gea has finally been exposed globally as the fraud he is, they went for the next available whitey they could find.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Ive just seen some insanity on Facebook saying Zidane to Juve but I’m assuming there is no actual source.

Rumor is that they have offered him the role of sporting director.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Weaponized Cum posted:

courtous looks like a goon while Alisson is a sexy sun kissed man, worth the premium

Is that what they call eczema now?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

You’re the guy who wanted to sack the coach who took them to a CL semi and then blamed him for not signing a goalkeeper when he is trying to do exactly that because you believe everything you read online.

No I loving didn't, I said Klopp wasn't untouchable just because he got us to an EL final (hint: this was before we got to the CL final), that he needed to change his tactics because we were getting found out (hint: he did), and said he was making a mistake if he stuck with the current crop of keepers.

If you're this obsessed with my posts at least loving read them

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

EvilHawk posted:

No I loving didn't, I said Klopp wasn't untouchable just because he got us to an EL final (hint: this was before we got to the CL final), that he needed to change his tactics because we were getting found out (hint: he did), and said he was making a mistake if he stuck with the current crop of keepers.

If you're this obsessed with my posts at least loving read them

Agreed, Klopp out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Agreed, gently caress off

• Locked thread