Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Zodack posted:

Just got confirmation the UCS Falcon from Target shipped. :stare:

Tonde Mo Nai posted:

Same here, along with the Diner. Can't believe it went through - hoping it doesn't get recalled/intercepted. Especially since the coupon even included "Doesn't apply to LEGO"

What the hell, they cancelled my tiny order, but $200+ losses are fine, I guess :argh::argh::argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I'm still not going to believe it until the box is at my apartment.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What the hell, they cancelled my tiny order, but $200+ losses are fine, I guess :argh::argh::argh:

They know that you, the small scale Lego orderer, are likely to swallow your bitterness just like they know that the neckbeard who ordered a Falcon is far more likely to start an internet shaming campaign simply because they didn't get the deal they never should have gotten in the first place.

Not to cast any aspersions on the Falcon orderers in this thread. You are all fine, contributing members of humanity.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
if anyone is interested, Bucket Wheel Excavator is £108 on Amazon right now if you have prime cos of this Prime day thing they're doing, down from £145. Couple of other technic sets and a few other bits and bobs on there too for 40% off RRP (works out to about 15-20% off regular Amazon price)

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Frankly I don't even know if I can bring myself to unbox and build something that expensive. I just tried to buy it because I thought there was a snowball's chance in hell it would work and that the discount was so large.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Anyone else not even able to get Amazon search to work?

Zodack posted:

Frankly I don't even know if I can bring myself to unbox and build something that expensive. I just tried to buy it because I thought there was a snowball's chance in hell it would work and that the discount was so large.

I don't know if I'll ever build mine. I bought it because I think the excavator is pretty cool and it was on sale. Worst case, I can sell it for a profit when it goes out of print.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Cojawfee posted:

I don't know if I'll ever build mine. I bought it because I think the excavator is pretty cool and it was on sale. Worst case, I can sell it for a profit when it goes out of print.

smile.amazon.com is working. So far it's a few technic sets, 1 duplo train and some of the movie blu-rays. Oh and a jungle explorers set. 20% extra off.

Scipiotik fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 16, 2018

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

Yeah that's the saving grace of LEGO, the UCS Falcon might be a nonsensical lump of plastic to me but I can rest easy knowing it won't depreciate in value probably ever

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Cojawfee posted:

Amazon has basically fallen over.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I managed to add a Roomba I certainly don't need to my cart before the website went kaput. That's saying nothing about even navigating into a section that would include LEGO.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
drat it, I was awake when that was going on but didn't check this thread until just now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If you are looking to get the Harry Potter minifigure set, today is a good day.

You can find them for approximately $120 on ebay. And today there is a $25 coupon on the front page. So it works out to just about the same cost as going to the store and feeling packages. And you don't have to worry about finding a new box to get the chase figure.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Looks like they finally made a Spider-Gwen minifig in the latest (nonsensical) Spider-Man set. And a new take on their Spider-Man fig again, I think.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Zodack posted:

Looks like they finally made a Spider-Gwen minifig in the latest (nonsensical) Spider-Man set. And a new take on their Spider-Man fig again, I think.

You don't think that spider man and venom are going to be battling in two giant mechs?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I mean, I guess Venom could be big like that.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Is Michael Bay directing the Tom Hardy venom movie? That could affect my answer.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Waltzing Along posted:

If you are looking to get the Harry Potter minifigure set, today is a good day.

You can find them for approximately $120 on ebay. And today there is a $25 coupon on the front page. So it works out to just about the same cost as going to the store and feeling packages. And you don't have to worry about finding a new box to get the chase figure.

gently caress, I waited until I got home and the one full set listings are already gone, and I don't want to get a box due to the annoying split issue. Maybe someone will relist full sets.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, that looks neat. More for the Venom mech than the spidey one
https://brickset.com/article/37365/spider-man-and-venom-mechs-revealed!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Spider-Gwen and Aunt May are a nice touch to add to the set.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Anora posted:

Spider-Gwen and Aunt May are a nice touch to add to the set.

No-one would buy it if there wasn't a Spider-Gwen minifig in it. Expect a set with Gwenpool soon.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dogen posted:

gently caress, I waited until I got home and the one full set listings are already gone, and I don't want to get a box due to the annoying split issue. Maybe someone will relist full sets.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=lego+harry+potter+22+set&_sacat=0

Just fiddle with your search terms. They are still available. If you get the cheaper one, make sure to add some $3 item to your cart to hit the $119 magic number.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The_Doctor posted:

I mean, I guess Venom could be big like that.

That Venom is cool as poo poo, but the Optimus-Spider is kinda bad.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

No-one would buy it if there wasn't a Spider-Gwen minifig in it. Expect a set with Gwenpool soon.

I was in exactly this camp but then I saw Spider-Gwen has no webbing on her suit and I'm out.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Waltzing Along posted:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=lego+harry+potter+22+set&_sacat=0

Just fiddle with your search terms. They are still available. If you get the cheaper one, make sure to add some $3 item to your cart to hit the $119 magic number.

Thank you so much! Now on to worrying they will screw me, somehow.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Aunt May is the real hero here

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Brickset got their review copy of the Voltron set, and uh, that's a really ugly set when all the lions are separated. It's not much better as a full robot.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Brickset got their review copy of the Voltron set, and uh, that's a really ugly set when all the lions are separated. It's not much better as a full robot.

Duh, and/or obviously.

E: Holy poo poo. It's $180. This one will be on clearance shelves before too long.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jul 18, 2018

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You are crazy. Or you never had the original toys and are only familiar with the newer anime stuff. The lions are fine and the robot is amazing.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ChesterJT posted:

You are crazy. Or you never had the original toys and are only familiar with the newer anime stuff. The lions are fine and the robot is amazing.

Or you are the crazy one with rampant nostalgia running wild. I did have the toys and still think it's a bad looking set. And it's $180. Hahahaha.

I think most people who don't know what Voltron is are going to be a bit confused by the set. It's AFOL priced but has the look of a set for children.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm sure it will be a big hit with Gen Xers with money who hear "remember Voltron? Remember Lego?" and then immediately buy it and put it on a shelf or something.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

My 12-year-old loves the new series, so I showed him this. His only gripe was that the back legs on the black lion look kind of bad, but, in his words, "seems like a fair trade-off for being able to transform it, and robot mode looks awesome so who cares?" So yeah, it'll have some appeal beyond the nostalgia-huffing crowd.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I'm completely unfamiliar with Voltron but I think that looks dope from top to bottom

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Waltzing Along posted:

Or you are the crazy one with rampant nostalgia running wild. I did have the toys and still think it's a bad looking set. And it's $180. Hahahaha.

I think most people who don't know what Voltron is are going to be a bit confused by the set. It's AFOL priced but has the look of a set for children.

I'd say the fact they just did a whole new Voltron series says it's more popular than you want to give it credit for. I've got nostalgia for it sure, but it's a good looking set. Not to mention it's a big robot made from transforming lions, which is a pretty badass concept. Plus at 2300+ pieces $180 is a decent price. I'd be happier at $150 but it's not terrible, especially for as large as the finished product is.

TremorX posted:

His only gripe was that the back legs on the black lion look kind of bad,

That's the weakest part to me too. If you look up pictures of the old black lion toy it was pretty awkward and bulky looking too because it had to be the hub of the robot. The problem is the legs on the lego leg lions stick out more than the old toys so the robot legs can't get closer together. Looks like they compromised by doing a slight split thing.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 18, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think it looks good all around, but I wish it wasn't stuck in such an awkward standing position.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That's looking amazing and the engineering is even more complex than I thought, I am absolutely grabbing one, maybe two.

Waltzing Along posted:

Please try to be less of a prick for no reason, thanks and gobbles

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I don’t know poo poo about voltron and that set looks amazing. Not even a bad part/price ratio either.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Welp, Target delivered the Falcon today. Now I gotta figure out what to do with it.

I think the Voltron set looks alright. Not going to buy it, but I never was a Voltron guy when I was younger. It looks a bit too brickbuilt for me but at that size what they've done with it is really impressive.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zodack posted:

Welp, Target delivered the Falcon today. Now I gotta figure out what to do with it.

That's crazy. I can't believe they actually honored that. I'm so fuckin jealous.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That review of the Voltron set was bad. It’s very dry and technical, written by someone who clearly knows the building side of Lego, but doesn’t have any sense of fun about it. Also reviewing it as someone who doesn’t know Voltron at all did him no favours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Zodack posted:

Jesus... What did you end up paying?