Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

He read a statement and has since gone completely off the rails with normal trumpspeak.

Well now I know what part I briefly heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1019295383535734786

Smooth brains

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I swear if people just take him at his word and sweep what happened yesterday under the rug, I'm going to loving explode.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

joat mon posted:

By statute, 26 U.S.C. 501(c)(3) nonprofits have to disclose donor info to the IRS, though the info is not public.
By regulation, that reporting was extended to all 501(c) nonprofits.
Mnuchin just undid the regulation and so the reporting only applies to 501(c)(3) organizations (non-profit, contributions are deductible, no political campaigning)

The NRA is a 501(c)(4) organization (non-profit, contributions not deductible, can use 49% of its money for political purposes)

Thanks for clearing this up.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Fister Roboto posted:

I swear if people just take him at his word and sweep what happened yesterday under the rug, I'm going to loving explode.

Prepare to explode

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Drudge Report, Breitbart, and Snapchat are all down.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Excuse me but Trump wrote a letter saying NO COLLUSION and certified it.

There was NO COLLUSION.

edit : discord is making GBS threads the bed too

Did a backhoe dig up some fiber again?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Probably a DDoS attack on a DNS provider.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Please be courteous to the people who will have to clean up after you and put down a tarp/plastic sheeting.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Discord says it's googles fault

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

psydude posted:

Probably a DDoS attack on a DNS provider.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
if you want something to actually be upset about, Flint still doesn't have clean water.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Fister Roboto posted:

It will be forgotten by Thursday.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Proud Christian Mom posted:

if you want something to actually be upset about, Flint still doesn't have clean water.

didn't elon say he'd fix this?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

hes going to pump the water from the cave to Flint

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i thought he said he'd already fixed it

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Also Puerto RIco.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

i thought he said he'd already fixed it

No he said their fix was good but his fix also would have worked. Also everyone involved is a pedophile.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
BUT WHAT ABOUT PETER THIEL

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

psydude posted:

No he said their fix was good but his fix also would have worked. Also everyone involved is a pedophile.

Artists rendering of how it went down:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

mods changed my name posted:

BUT WHAT ABOUT PETER THIEL

He secretly funded a hacking effort to take down Discord because someone said something mean about him in it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

ded posted:

There was NO COLLUSION.

You joke, but

https://twitter.com/gelles/status/1019302113598427136?s=19

The trumpiest of all things is how he sharpies up a story he doesn't like and then sends it back to people. Sharpeeing his own staff's statement is Trumpy as hell.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
That dumb fucker still can't spell collusion

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

facialimpediment posted:

You joke, but

The trumpiest of all things is how he sharpies up a story he doesn't like and then sends it back to people. Sharpeeing his own staff's statement is Trumpy as hell.

i mean that's dumb as hell but look at that fuckin font size, jesus

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

ded posted:

There was NO COLLUSION.

edit : discord is making GBS threads the bed too

Did a backhoe dig up some fiber again?

I once hit a fibre structure (that wasn't located) with my drill and wrapped 6 fibres around my reamer a few years ago lol. Almost had a heart attack when I saw the giant bundle of cable wrapped around ugh (wasn't liable, bad locates)

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1019292470146977793

cool

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

facialimpediment posted:

You joke, but

My CEO does this poo poo, he'll circle one number on a spreadsheet p&l statement with a marker and then wtlte a a comment like "great job" or something. Then the initials of all the management in my direct chain hand it to his secretary who then scams it and emails it to me. Then I have to write a response to his comment, send it to my boss for review who then sends it to her boss for approval. They then send that back to me with edits. After which I then send the response to the CEO.

Every time I see Trump do that I think of this bullshit. Please tell me this isn't common in corporate America.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

I totally didn't loving notice that and I really should have.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I remember hearing years ago that Bezos will send people in Amazon corporate an email with the subject "?" and the body being a comment from a customer in a ticket. So if something wasn't working right and Jeffe saw it, you had best get it done.

Nowadays since he's worth ~150bn he probably just has a mercenary team murder whoever was responsible and erase their existence.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

So I was reading some Twitter threads on the Butina stuff and I saw a photo of her in a style that stood out to me, low and behold she’s got a connection to none other than Oleg Volk who is/was (at least in the early to mid 2000s before I got banned from several gun forums for being a LIEberal) a minor celebrity in the online gun world known for his weird portrait photos of people holding guns.

http://blog.olegvolk.net/2015/08/02/coming-all-the-way-from-russia/

He himself AFAIK is a Russian immigrant. Could be totally coincidental but it’s kind of an interesting footnote to this story if you’ve frequented gun forums in the past two decades.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I remember hearing years ago that Bezos will send people in Amazon corporate an email with the subject "?" and the body being a comment from a customer in a ticket. So if something wasn't working right and Jeffe saw it, you had best get it done.

Acceptable if the email contains "Sent from my iPhone"

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

There was no collusion, I don't even drive because I have showfurs drivers for that, I'm so wealthy, and even if I did, I'm the remarkably best driver everybody says so, I have never had a collusion, ever.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

DoktorLoken posted:

So I was reading some Twitter threads on the Butina stuff and I saw a photo of her in a style that stood out to me, low and behold she’s got a connection to none other than Oleg Volk who is/was (at least in the early to mid 2000s before I got banned from several gun forums for being a LIEberal) a minor celebrity in the online gun world known for his weird portrait photos of people holding guns.

http://blog.olegvolk.net/2015/08/02/coming-all-the-way-from-russia/

He himself AFAIK is a Russian immigrant. Could be totally coincidental but it’s kind of an interesting footnote to this story if you’ve frequented gun forums in the past two decades.

I stopped paying attention to Volk's work after he started doing the photoshoots with the pre-teen/young teen girls, it had a weird vibe to it.
Lo and behold I follow your link, click the mainpage and this line jumps out.

"One of my longtime friends just turned 18. One advantage of dealing with well-raised home-schooled kids — they act like mature humans a lot sooner than most, so Grace and I have worked together since she was 12."

He still seems creepy to me.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Volk was always a grade A creepshow

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
You thought that us army emoji day tweet was bad:

https://twitter.com/IsraelMFA/status/1019195057604321280?s=19

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1019167542827474944?s=21

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

PITY US

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Russia murdering all those people.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1019325089899261957?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

drat. She was on Pod Save America today, great interview.

• Locked thread