Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
So Margarete uses a gun but has to stay in the front row for full damage? :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomMagus
May 3, 2017

Schwartzcough posted:

So Margarete uses a gun but has to stay in the front row for full damage? :raise:

She's just a really bad shot. Has to walk up close.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

:eng101: Fun fact: In Japan, the Huanggutun Incident goes by the incredibly metal moniker The Zhang Zuolin Explosion Death Incident .

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Kavak posted:

:eng101: Fun fact: In Japan, the Huanggutun Incident goes by the incredibly metal moniker The Zhang Zuolin Explosion Death Incident .

I think this is gonna be the name of my new experimental post-metal band.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

"Light trigger" is an understatement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=folybZhun9M&t=110s

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.
Anime Mata Hari

ALSO Anime Mata Hari

Actual Mata Hari

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
One of those almost makes sense.
Also we need more anime Roger bacons

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

DeafNote posted:

Also we need more anime Roger bacons

Apparently so, a quick search for him in media only pulled up Koudelka and Shadow Hearts stuff before getting into different characters named Roger.

The Dark Id posted:

But we can hand handwave that
------------
Lady, could you STOP doing terrorist attacks!? Really reconsidering hanging out with you.
I told you, it's not terrorist attacks it's strategic strikes from a master spy!
------------
Back to the enemy at hand. Marguerite is just going to be lobbing grenades
------------
I feel like we should fall back and get reinforcements.
I will not be dishonored by retreating!
....stuff.......
…I think we can take 'em. Charge!

Second one seems like your added dialogue, so needs italics. 4th looks like the portraits should be switched on those last two lines.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Episode XIV: A Tiny Problem

I suppose the wandering exorcist adventures of Zhuzhen: The Legendary Journeys will have to wait for another day. Everyone seems to have survived their second bombing of the day relatively intact.

Margarete and Yuri quickly get back to their feet. Alice isn't quite so fast to recover. It's understandable; most people don't get blown up twice in the span of an hour.

Alice gets up as well.

<frown> This really needs to stop happening…
Yeah, no joke.

<looks at wreckage> Another ka-boom? What the hell’s going on?
<looks offscreen to the right>

Something catches Alice's eye and she runs off.

Hey lady, I thought you said you were done with all the drat explosives? You have a serious problem.
This one wasn't me…
Uh-huh.
I was the one who was going to… reappropriate that plane, remember? Why would I bl—

Eeeek!!

Yuri and Margarete rush over to Alice in order to see what's wrong.

Music: Misfortune - Psycho Temple

T-the dog is TALKING?!
C-Could it always do that?
Maybe…?
No!

…You’re the one that blew up the plane, aren’t you!? And just as we were about to make our escape!!
As if I’m going to go chasing you halfway across the continent! I think not. You’re coming with me. …The heathen girl, that is.
Who ARE you…?! This evil aura…!! So YOU’RE the one that’s been watching us! Ever since the sewers!
Hee hee hee… That’s correct.
Ohh, I get it! You’re Bacon! What, did ya get reincarnated as a dog after I killed you on the train?!
I can't believe I punched a guy so hard he came back as a Chinese sewer pup. Pfft…
Haw haw haw!! This… this is too much!! H-how unbelievably LAME!! Haw haw haw!!

Evil puppy aura intensifies.

You want to know who I am?! Not that you zeros are even worthy of hearing my name. Hee hee hee…
Um, let’s see… Is it “Tiny”, after all?
<snorts> Alice, did this little guy whisper you his name while we weren't looking? Ha ha ha!
D'aww. That'd be adorable… if he didn't blow up our plane.
Hey, how do you think he did that? Did he like… set up a little tiny puppy bomb or somethin'?
…I'll be way less upset if there actually was a teenie-weenie lil' puppy bomb he had to activate with his widdle paws!
That… that would be pretty cute…

Puppy aura… intensifies.

<shrugs> I can’t follow all this. Look, buddy, I don’t know who y’are, but we don’t have time to chew the fat.
I do got one question though… Were you like possessing this puppy the entire time? Or transformed into it? Whichever.
What difference does it make, you insolent fool!?
If you were in control the entire time… does that mean you were the one making all those puppy yelps and barks the whole time?
W-Wha…?
Haw haw haw!! Oh man, he totally was! I didn't think this could get lamer. Ha ha ha!
Oh, wow! You have a real talent for that, lil' fella.
C-Cute…

<aura grows> Nnnghh…! I will not stand for this! You shall repent! Taste my wrath… the wrath of DEHUAI!!

Music: China Ogre

Boss fight time! Tiny has gone through a real growth spurt and rebranded as "Beast Dog" in the process. No mythology or folklore with this one. Its Japanese title is just "Bewitched Dog." It's just a big, angry hellhound. Of all things, it heavily reminds me of Django, the sub-boss of that classic PS1 fighter Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring. That's the first and hopefully last time I'll recall that title for the next decade.

Beast Dog is a Fire elemental opponent which comes to the party packing 480 HP. Which means Margarete is going to fill a role similar to Zhuzhen where she'll be taking the most damage as well as being our biggest DPS boon.

First things first, we're going to transform Yuri into Raging Tiger and have him do his usual routine of just smacking an enemy until further notice. In retrospect, we were quite close to unlocking Yuri's Water elemental Fusion and that probably would have been quite helpful here. But I may have gotten knocked out of whack with my PC dying and having to replay all of Fengtian over to catch up to this point.

That's fine, there's a Plan B in kitty got wet and now does Water elemental damage with his claws for just as much damage as it would have been doing had we the Water Fusion. Yuri goes from dealing 45-65 HP of damage a turn to 80-90 HP of damage around. I think that'll offset our brief deficiency.

Meanwhile, Margarete is just going to return to slinging grenades at everything until things stops being quite so insane. Or maybe that's just her standard reaction for everything. It's hard to say, we've only just met her. Remember these are tactical water balloons in Grenade form, so they're doing upward of 60-70 damage to the Beast Dog every cast.

As usual, Alice is filling her White Mage niche and keeping everyone healthy. This battle can last a bit, so we need to take extra care of making sure her Sanity stays in the black.

Attack wise, Beast Dog doesn't have the largest arsenal of attacks. Its primary threat is its fandom of Breath of Fire, a series of which Dehuai is adamant about being underrated and deserving of a revival. Breath of Fire hits Yuri and Alice for 35-45 HP of damage while the Water elemental Marge gets heated for 55-65 damage. Alice needs to prioritize making sure Margarete is first in line to get healed afterward.

Other than that, it just kind of swipes and bites at single targets. Quite hard, mind you. Its damage is 30-60 HP depending on how many times it decides to strike in a single turn. That's kind of the Beast Dog's only two moves…

Offensively at least. Every third or so turn, Tiny will borrow a technique from the Water Tiger earlier and boost its Fighting Spirit for a 15% bump in physical damage. If everyone stays above around 60 HP, we should be fine.

Killing a puppy doesn't count as child murder, right? I mean it grew up quite quickly and we fought it as what looks like an adult hellhound. Unless that's the size of a puppy canine monster. I'm uncertain on the growth patterns of a Cerberus, honestly. Regardless, Beast Dog is only marginally more challenging than the previous chapter's major boss. It isn't until the next area where the game takes off its kiddie gloves and throws us a particularly challenging boss fight.

Music: Results

Defeating the Beast Dog nets us a nice reward of EXP and Cash. Everyone managed to Level Up with Alice learning her first offensive spell (and first Light magic offensive spell in general) in Blessed Light. We'll see more of that another day.

Our victory also lends us a tribute to Lucky Dan which will take a mortal blow for us. Optimally, we are going to try to avoid having our party members get knocked out, so this emergency measure doesn't have a ton of use.

Music: Coffee With Bullet

Ha ha! Giving yourself away like that… real smart, DEHUAI!
I'll be sure to bring some dog treats next time we see you, jerk!
He seems to know about Roger Bacon. Not only that, but… He seems to know about ME, too.
<yells> Hey, come on, you two! We’ve gotta stay on our toes! I know a little something about that Dehuai character. I’ll tell you about it later.
Wha? No, none of that trailing off and you leave the party crap! That quack doctor already pulled that! Tell us what you know now.
OK, sonny boy. I know this all took a… strange… turn recently, but in case you've forgotten… we're still breaking onto an airbase and the Japanese army will undoubtedly have reinforcements here any minute.
Oh… Yeah. Shoot, that's not great.

In the meantime, I’ll look for a plane we can use. Be right back!

Margarete dashes off in search of a non-exploded plane.

You DO have that whole innocence thing going on…. Or maybe it’s because… you have some big secret.
<stomps foot> Ooh…! Don’t look at me that way!

The pair are interrupted by the labored sound of a plane barely managing to turn its engine over. It rolls on over to Yuri and Alice's position.

New Music: Rice Field of Light
(This sure sounds like a lost festival/town theme from Xenogears or Chrono Cross.)

It was abandoned, I think… but it started when I gave it a swift kick!

…Oh yeah, that’s a hand-me-down, all right.
I didn't know the Wright Brothers made a trip to China…
…You don't know what a telephone is but you do know who the Wright Brothers were?
<shrug> Yeah? And? I also know this thing looks like a death trap.

Y-you want us to RIDE in it?
Bingo! Stop your chattering, kids, and hop in!

Alice and Yuri get onboard.

Whoa!!
Oh, I’m so sorry, Yuri!
N-no problem! You’re plenty light, Alice!
Don’t you two get all cuddly on me now! This is it! Hold on tight!

And away we go!

It’s really sh-sh-shaking!! Eeeek!!
There’s no turning back now! Come on, Yuri, you’re a BOY for God’s sake! Show a little gumption!!
Don't think my junk is gonna help me survive a flying machine crashing!
Not with that attitude!!

Here goes! Full throttle!!

Sometime later…

Music: Army Mood

Leaving just four men on reserve to guard the entire base, honestly…
Just how far do they think they can get in that rust heap…? Amusing little fools…
<steps forward> Lt. Colonel, the pursuit planes are prepared to fire! With your permission, we can shoot them down!

Wouldn't it make more sense to pursue them until that time, ma'am? Our planes can be in the air in just a few minutes. The enemy plane is… it's still in visual range in the horizon.
Are you questioning my orders?
N-no, ma'am! Sorry, ma'am!

One thing does surprise me, however. I never imagined they’d be involved with that “Malkovich”…
I-I apologize about the state of our troops, Lt. Colonel, I…
Don’t worry about it. I’m heading for Dalian; make the preparations. I suppose we shall have to set traps for them, then lay patiently in wait.
<stands at attention> Yes, ma’am! Understood!

And that concludes Chapter 3 of Shadow Hearts! Yuri, Alice and Margarete's adventures will continue in Chapter 4: Dark Port Dalian! I'm sure that name sounds much less sinister in the original tongue…

That's another chapter in the bank. Let's take a closer look at all the friends we made along the way.

MONSTER:

You always know the product is taking a hit when they start cutting it with rat guts and pigeon feathers.

At least this giant spider isn't into weird butt stuff.

…This frog is picking up the butt stuff slack.

The Mutant Frog Tournament Arc is a hell of a thing.

Honestly, whose head doesn't make a discordant noise when hit?

He's looking real trim for a Fat Boys Only diet.

Remember when Yuri and Margarete stone-cold killed a bunch of 18-year-old conscripts?

Shadow Hearts really likes the term "warlock," which I felt I hadn't seen a whole lot in fiction recently. Then I saw a trailer before a movie with both Jack Black and Agent Dale Cooper as warlocks and now I don't know what to think.

Evil 3 is just happy to be here.

NPC:

Kawashima is based on a real person of the same name. She was a Manchurian princess raised in Japan and acted as a spy during the Second Sino-Japanese War. She's sometimes referred to as Eastern Mata Hari. Although Kawashima was a real rear end spy. The Western Mata Hari was at best not an actual spy and blackmailed into getting some dirt on people and at worst just godawful at her job.

Again, Shadow Heart's version is based on her. Don't worry about any of the actual history in the wiki article. The historical Yoshiko Kawashima would have been six years old in 1913 and that's clearly not the case... Don't bring up the character from Covenant, thanks.

I like to think he accidentally got a peg-leg just a wee bit too long and had to get that platform boot to compensate.

Tiny font of evil.

Video: Beast Dog Boss Battle

Dehuai Portrait – So did he deliberately have Tiny shipped from Shanghai to Fengtian in order to perform this ruse, or…?

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 16, 2018

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Thats getting pretty close to 'turning myself into a splinter' levels of goofy there, Dehuai.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
That ol' family recipe of making a fire-breathing bat by burning a rat and then mixing the burnt remains with feathers and drugs. Nobody made 'em quite like grandma.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Like I said... nothing good ever comes out of a sewer level. Cute, innocent little puppy? Secretly possessed by an ancient Chinese warlock and transforms into a giant hellbeast.

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Attack wise, Beast Dog doesn't have the largest arsenal of attacks. Its primary threat is its fandom of Breath of Fire, a series of which Dehuai is adamant about being underrated and deserving of a revival.

Don't even joke about that. :colbert:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

quote:

Of all thing, it heavily reminds me of Django, the sub-boss of that classic PS1 fighter Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring. That's the first and hopefully last time I'll recall that title for the next decade.

:ducksiren: NEXT DARK ID LP CONFIRMED! :ducksiren:

Pizuz
Sep 15, 2008

The Dark Id posted:

New Music: Rice Field of Light
(This sure sounds like a lost festival/town theme from Xenogears or Chrono Cross.)

Yasunori Mitsuda sure loves his folk music.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

The Dark Id posted:

He's looking real trim for a Fat Boys Only diet.

How many fat guys do you see at the bottom of a sewer? And they're usually there to tangle with the Ninja Turtles or some other 90s mutant animal hero, who don't like to share their lunch.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

IMJack posted:

How many fat guys do you see at the bottom of a sewer? And they're usually there to tangle with the Ninja Turtles or some other 90s mutant animal hero, who don't like to share their lunch.

Unless the obese guy is made of pizza I don't think it's a concern.

RandomMagus
May 3, 2017
Evil 3 is giving me a real Dark Souls Primordial Serpent vibe.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I wonder sometimes if Tiny wasn't a dog at all and instead just Dehuai's familiar this whole time, or he was some poor actual dog that had some black magic turned onto it. Then again, maybe the latter is Shadow Hearts's messed up version of what a familiar entails.

Also, don't know if it was mentioned earlier, but Mitsuda did contribute to this game and Covenant's soundtrack. So that explains a lot.

The Dark Id posted:

Of all thing, it heavily reminds me of Django, the sub-boss of that classic PS1 fighter Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring. That's the first and hopefully last time I'll recall that title for the next decade.

In retrospect, were quite close to unlocking Yuri's Water elemental Fusion and that probably would have been quite helpful here.

Meanwhile, Margarete is just going to return to slinging grenades at everything until things start being quite so insane.

I mean grew up quite quickly and we fought it as an adult hellhound.

[i]Wouldn't it make more sense to pursue them until that time, ma'am? Our plane can be in the air in just a few minutes. The enemy plane is… it's still in visual range the horizon.

The Western Mata Hari was a best not an actual spy and blackmailed into getting some dirt on people and at worst just godawful at her job.

Four and five have missing words. Specifically, "it grew up quite quickly," and, "it's still in visual range on the horizon," or "beyond the horizon," or really, whatever word you were going for.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 15, 2018

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Wow, they call him Dehual in his bio. It's definitely not a font thing, either. Kawashima's bio has both i and l to compare with.

The Dark Id posted:

return to slinging grenades at everything until things starts being quite so insane.

Our plane can be in the air in just a few minutes.

Sorry to make you change the first again, but guessing it should be "stop". Second should probably be "planes" since the in-game stuff used the plural.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I so very much love that sequence where they're just dunking on the villain and he loses his cool. He probably had some great lines prepared but the banter was relentless.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I so very much love that sequence where they're just dunking on the villain and he loses his cool. He probably had some great lines prepared but the banter was relentless.

It's the true Shadow Hearts experience. :allears:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Yeeep, Yuri seen it, heard it, punched it - and he's not impressed by your warlocky bullshit

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
If you don't want people to think you're a cute puppy, don't be a cute puppy. Sounds simple enough to me.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
I spent some time in the hospital and SomethingAwful was blocked on the hospital wifi. Coming back to these last two updates was worth it.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Okay, Nonsensical JRPG Adventurer Mata Hari whose deadliest weapon of all is shade-throwing is a legit fantastic character and I love this.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

HR12345 posted:

I spent some time in the hospital and SomethingAwful was blocked on the hospital wifi. Coming back to these last two updates was worth it.

you at least beat the poo poo out of the demon who did it, I assume

learn 'em a thing or two about separating you from your entertainment :argh:

Naliamegod
Jul 13, 2018

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Taking the piss out of a bad guy is one of Yuri's super powers.

I haven't played these games since college, so I was worried that my memory of Yuri being the bet JRPG protagonist was all jus nostalgia and me being an edgy college kid. Its nice to see my memories didn't betray me this time.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Episode XV: Casual Discourse on Somniloquy

Music: Blow Up

Welcome back to the world map. While previously, we were in a vague "Plains" area and a fictional rural village in said region, Fengtian and Dalian are both real places. So, it seems the gang has managed to fly in the ballpark of 400 km between chapters. Not bad for a plane that looked like it could barely lift-off and almost assuredly wasn't topped off on its fuel.

It seems our band, or at the very least Yuri, has managed to jog 21 miles since our adventure began. Not a bad work-out. I think 1 step = 1 yard in the game's calculations. Or maybe more correctly one meter. I'd hazard a guess that wasn't originally in Imperial and the localization didn't rejigger the calculations for an optional menu few people likely looked at and has zero impact on the game proper…

Badger Devil sounds hardcore.

In any case, let's jump on into Dark Port Dalian… In a bit. First, a flashback!

Sound of footsteps in the grass.

New Music: Tanjou

Hee hee! Don’t worry, Mom, I’m fine! I’m just gonna go tell Dad it’s suppertime! He’s been working so hard, he must be hungry!

We join Yuri's dad smacking a hoe into a hill to seemingly no effect while wearing his full military uniform. Look, he's trying really hard to farm and is too proud to admit he has absolutely no idea what the hell he is doing. Also, he's quite concerned about the sun going supernova back there.

Young Yuri runs up to him. Kid, you're wearing that fox mask wrong…

Papa Hyuga stops tilling the hill, wipes his brow and looks to see what his son wants.

Heh heh… Mom says supper’s ready!
Oh. Well, I could use a break.
<looks at the ground quizzically> I umm… I think I made some real progress here…

Yuri trots around and looks over the area.

Sure. Winter’s much harsher here on the continent than in Katsuragi, where you were born. First, we work to plant lots of seeds.
Then we umm… We… Drat… I used to know this one…
Water them and they grow into big crops!
<snaps fingers> Yes! Of course. I was going to say that. Just… testing you is all… That's my boy!

Then, in fall, we split the harvest with everyone from town. If we all work hard and help each other out, we can make it through even the toughest of winters. Understand?
<nods> Yep!
<turns away>

…Say, Dad… Will you have to go away again in the fall? To work?
<turns from his son to the sun>
…For how long? Will you be back soon? It’s okay, Dad, I can wait for you! ‘Cause I’m a man!
<walks up to his dad> But, Mom’s different. She’s a girl so she misses you. She tries to hide it, but… I can tell how sad she is…

<turns to Yuri> Yuri. You look after Mom when I’m away, all right? I’ll try to come back before winter.
Okay… I promise. Come back soon, okay…?
Of course. I promise, too.
I only need to sort out the one sorcerer this time. I'll be back in no time, son.
C’mon. Mom’s waiting.
<nods>

The two take off back towards their home as the scene ends. I don't think they say Yuri's father's name for some time. For some reason, they localized it as Ben Hyuga. His original name was Jinpachiro Hyuga and that's what they use when he's mentioned in Shadow Hearts 2. No idea why they changed it here.

Music ENDS.

Now for a brief Mysterious Voice intermission. And then…

Music: Rice Field of Light

Yuri. Wake up! Please wake up.
…Mnnh …huh?
Mhmf… f-five more minutes, mom…
Yuri, this is serious!
Gah… Fine. I'm up… I'm up!

…What? Somethin’ happen?
Did something HAPPEN? I’ll say it did! How can you possibly sleep at a time like this, sonny boy?!
Time like what?

Is… something on fire…? Oh gawd, we're still on this flying deathtrap!?
Oh, I'm sorry, dear. Alice and I had planned to carry you to the nearest inn and gently tuck you into bed when we landed… OF COURSE we're still on the airplane!!

Huh?! The engine’s busted!!
YOU DON'T SAY!?
Yuri, I heard what you said… in your sleep. You were saying, “Dad, Dad, they’re coming to kill Mom, help” …You seemed to be in so much pain…

That's weird, cuz I remember a dream about my dad being bad at farming with the sun exploding for some reason…
Look here, Missy! This is no time for casual discourse on somniloquy! We’re going to crash! CRASH, I tell you!! Aiiieeeee!!

I'm sure it'll be fine. They're just overreacting.

See? Margarete pulled it up just in time. Now they just need to find somewhere to land and—

AWW CHRIST! Well, at least the entire party seemingly eating poo poo and dying again is a good excuse to end things short. I need to go prep for my daughter's birthday. Frikkin' sixteen. What the hell!?

Video: Episode 15 Highlight Reel
(You should probably watch this.)

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jul 18, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:rip: for the third time?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Just nonstop :rip: ever since Margarete joined.

She's the best.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Happy Birthday Id's daughter, hope your dad isn't giving you constant "oh your friends are dead, just kidding!" monologues like he's want to do in his LPs.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I was starting to wonder if Hyuga Sr. ever actually called Yuri by name once after he said, "Boy." Started to think we had a God of War Kratos dude on our hands but he went and redeemed himself.

Then again, he is currently a malevolent entity drawn to the world of the living by hate energy and sealed in Yuri's headspace. So maybe the comparison is pretty apt after all.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Margarete is so good.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

By a weird coincidence I'm catching up with the FF7 LP (I ducked out December 2015 so I couldn't sperg about chain summoning Yojimbo to win all five Dark Yojimbo fights with copious Entrust abuse because gently caress doing those fights legit) and people were talking in the thread about TDI LPing Koudelka and the Shadow Hearts games even then. I bet its that phenomenon where you start seeing something everywhere just after you learn about it.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, so far this game is holding up better than I would have guessed. I forgot how strong Margaret's spy hijinx introduction was.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

On another note, Tindeck is apparently closing down on August 1st and deleting all content because of the EU? So you might want to check out alternate music link arrangements if you weren't aware - you probably are, but I'm not confident that someone closing down their website because of an EU law (that I don't think was even passed) is competent enough to remember to email their users.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Illuyankas posted:

On another note, Tindeck is apparently closing down on August 1st and deleting all content because of the EU? So you might want to check out alternate music link arrangements if you weren't aware - you probably are, but I'm not confident that someone closing down their website because of an EU law (that I don't think was even passed) is competent enough to remember to email their users.
Dark Id is using youtube links for the music.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Baldurk is also backing up almost all tindeck links in all previously archived LPs because the man's too good for this sinful forum.

baldurk posted:

I believe I got all the tindeck audio backed up from archived LPs this weekend. They're available on lpix with a substitution of https://tindeck.com/listen/<id here>https://lpix.org/tindeck/<id here>. So for example https://lpix.org/tindeck/gpqj.

About 100 files have been deleted from tindeck, not much I can do about that, but there's ~9500 that seem to have fetched fine.

I'm going to double check I've got everything now and then replace the links in archived LPs sometime soon. If anyone wants me to backup any tindeck links in LPs that are still live then please email admin@lparchive.org with the subject "Tindeck backup" and with a list of tindeck URLs you want me to fetch & store in the text of the email. I'll run the script on any I get and they'll be available the same way as above.

Note though I'm not going to mirror/regenerate the image link things. Archived LPs already have them fetched, but live LPs are on their own. I'll sort out some kind of substitute for future archiving of LPs with any tindeck links that didn't get fetched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Zereth posted:

Dark Id is using youtube links for the music.

I meant for his earlier ones like FFX but Baldurk has it covered already, which is nice.