Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

DurdleDuck posted:

It is not, there’s probably just a single copy on TCGplayer and other websites take their aggregate listings as “the price”.

Sure.

https://shop.tcgplayer.com/magic/core-set-2019/llanowar-elves?xid=i7803f16412264790b63c46ae3c546bf0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I haven't played standard in quite a while, but the new legendary bear seems like a good fit in the unsealing deck.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Nevermind that Llanowar Elves has had so many printings that you can buy like 100 of them from Eternal Masters for roughly the price you can buy the oh so scarce M19 version.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Matsuri posted:

Nevermind that Llanowar Elves has had so many printings that you can buy like 100 of them from Eternal Masters for roughly the price you can buy the oh so scarce M19 version.

see also, dual lands from Edgar

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Lmao

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I don't know why anyone bothers with post-6th edition printings of Llanowar Elves because the artwork is always trash in comparison to The Legit Best Piece Of Magic Art Ever

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

lol @ pasty bondage nosferatu elf

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/padmalakshmi/status/1019344793577680896

Please replace Dave Williams with Padma in the celebrity chef seat on the silver showdown

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Question for those of y'all who can't stand SaffronOlives voice: is it better or worse when you're watching at doublespeed?

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca

ItBreathes posted:

Question for those of y'all who can't stand SaffronOlives voice: is it better or worse when you're watching at doublespeed?
I only watch Magic (and Hearthstone) videos on double speed and I've never had a problem with his voice, it's more his catchphrase (deck!) that bothers me (and his keeping one-land seven-card hands)

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Silhouette posted:

I don't know why anyone bothers with post-6th edition printings of Llanowar Elves because the artwork is always trash in comparison to The Legit Best Piece Of Magic Art Ever

This artwork is terrible but the one thing that saves it is its appearance on Goblin Chirurgeon. If I ever sleeve up Llanowar Elves for real, it'll be 7th Edition just to gently caress with people.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

AnEdgelord posted:

I guess my problem is that given the choice between Steel Leaf and Glorybringer/Phoenix I'd rather have the big red dudes.

The problem with that is you end up limited on cards to proc the enchantment. You are constrained to a couple Rhonas and your 4 cmc+ creatures, with the Unsealings themselves taking up 4 of those slots.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Boco_T posted:

(and his keeping one-land seven-card hands)

One-land hands that win if they only draw lands are keepable - on the draw in Pauper on MTGO I'll keep Urza's Tower, Expedition Map, Prophetic Prism, 4 card draw spells, for instance, since if it draws a land it goes off. On Arena, even on the play, I'll keep Mountain, Bomat Courier, Soul-Scar Mage, Kari Zev, Chainwhirler, Hazoret, and a burn spell, since if it just draws lands it will win. Trying to mulligan to have it all is pretty risky, since most hands need to draw something to win the game, and if you mulligan to a 2 land hand that needs to draw lands and spells, you're in worse shape. Going down to 6 always comes with a risk where you just have a nothing hand that is unkeepable, so I'll keep basically anything that has a better than 40% chance to win.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
If you keep a one-land hand that loses if it doesn't get to like, four or five lands pretty quick, that's probably a bad call.

A one-lander that gets there by drawing a second land is probably fine though.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hellsau posted:

One-land hands that win if they only draw lands are keepable - on the draw in Pauper on MTGO I'll keep Urza's Tower, Expedition Map, Prophetic Prism, 4 card draw spells, for instance, since if it draws a land it goes off. On Arena, even on the play, I'll keep Mountain, Bomat Courier, Soul-Scar Mage, Kari Zev, Chainwhirler, Hazoret, and a burn spell, since if it just draws lands it will win. Trying to mulligan to have it all is pretty risky, since most hands need to draw something to win the game, and if you mulligan to a 2 land hand that needs to draw lands and spells, you're in worse shape. Going down to 6 always comes with a risk where you just have a nothing hand that is unkeepable, so I'll keep basically anything that has a better than 40% chance to win.

okay but how many one land hands dont win if they draw only lands

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Jabor posted:

If you keep a one-land hand that loses if it doesn't get to like, four or five lands pretty quick, that's probably a bad call.

A one-lander that gets there by drawing a second land is probably fine though.

Those hands always feel terrible when you don't draw that land though, and you end up second guessing yourself even though it was probably best to keep.

Like in M19 draft on the weekend I had a hand with two Islands, Aven Wind Mage, Skyscanner and Aviation Pioneer, plus Druid of the Cowl and some 4-drop. So if I draw any one land I'm perfectly fine, if I draw a forest it's great. Of course I brick on drawing lands for 3 or 4 turns, but that's Magic for you. :negative:

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Does anyone here run MTGO on their mac via Boot Camp? If so, what version of windows are you running and how old is your mac? I'm tempted to try it since my LGS is a lovely dead wasteland where events rarely fire and I'd like to be able to enjoy my hobby more than the once every 1-2 months my buddies and I can get together anymore.

anglachel
May 28, 2012
Wow I just looked at the value of Dominaria cards and they seem like they fell through the roof. Teferi and Karn are the only ones worth anything. Anybody think there's stuff people are sleeping on atm? Multani seems like it could easily go to 15 if it finds a deck post rotation. Ditto Muldrotha

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
That NY store with the scribbled out inclusion policy and KEK flags got their WPN ban today. On their Facebook page the owner posted a video that started “this is the second time uploading this video... the first one Facebook removed for hate speech :shrug:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Entropic posted:

Those hands always feel terrible when you don't draw that land though, and you end up second guessing yourself even though it was probably best to keep.

Like in M19 draft on the weekend I had a hand with two Islands, Aven Wind Mage, Skyscanner and Aviation Pioneer, plus Druid of the Cowl and some 4-drop. So if I draw any one land I'm perfectly fine, if I draw a forest it's great. Of course I brick on drawing lands for 3 or 4 turns, but that's Magic for you. :negative:

I mean there's no reasonable way to mulligan a hand like that unless you're playing >50% lands. You just have to keep a good two-land 7, since if you're going to 6 to try to hit three lands you're gonna be in rough shape.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MrBling posted:

I guess I'm qualified for nationals, so I should probably build a standard deck.

How viable is UR wizard burn? I had a lot of fun with the deck type when Stormchaser Mage was legal.

I think it's really good, I guess tier 2? The Izzet-burn deck I made has been doing really well (it's especially good against mono-red burn) but it folds pretty hard to some matchups. Jaya's Immolating Inferno or whatever it's called is a great finisher, kill 2 blockers and burn face and then smash in with Adeliz and whatever other Wizards you have left.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Tainen posted:

That NY store with the scribbled out inclusion policy and KEK flags got their WPN ban today. On their Facebook page the owner posted a video that started “this is the second time uploading this video... the first one Facebook removed for hate speech :shrug:

:eyepop:

he actually said that lol

https://www.facebook.com/astoreoffireanddice/videos/2025278840816222/

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Tainen posted:

Yikes. Stores everywhere better be careful. There is already shady poo poo that goes down on facebook between competing stores in some areas and I would hate for this kind of thing to be used a tool to gently caress over stores. This one was an obvious slam dunk, I just hope its used the right way.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

broseph's got that richard spencer "adolf hipster" haircut goin on

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Mono red prison has become my favorite deck. I love everything about it. Its what skred wishes it could be in modern. Board states with chalice, moons, trinispheres, bridges, and rabble masters are things of beauty.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Sickening posted:

Yikes. Stores everywhere better be careful. There is already shady poo poo that goes down on facebook between competing stores in some areas and I would hate for this kind of thing to be used a tool to gently caress over stores. This one was an obvious slam dunk, I just hope its used the right way.

Somehow I'm not too worried that Wizards is gonna go on a witch hunt just because they banned one store for being the most obvious possible shitlords.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Entropic posted:

Somehow I'm not too worried that Wizards is gonna go on a witch hunt just because they banned one store for being the most obvious possible shitlords.

First they came for the obvious nazi iconography, and I did not speak out, for I was not a nazi. Then they came for the Kekistan flags, and I did not speak out, for I was not a nazi. Anyway, FNM starts at 7, see you there!

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Does anyone here run MTGO on their mac via Boot Camp? If so, what version of windows are you running and how old is your mac? I'm tempted to try it since my LGS is a lovely dead wasteland where events rarely fire and I'd like to be able to enjoy my hobby more than the once every 1-2 months my buddies and I can get together anymore.

I ran it in bootcamp on a 2009 17" MBP, I think that was a 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo (not even i# or anything like that) with 8 GB RAM, with Windows 7. It ran fine on there. Right now I run it through virtualbox on a 2014 15" rMBP, where I let it use 2 cores and 8 GB of memory, also Windows 7. It runs fine that way too (it did not run well in virtualbox on the 2009). Basically, unless your mac is literally 10 years old or older, it should run fine (my definition of fine might be different than yours, of course). Loading your collection can take a few seconds, but I'm pretty sure that's just MtGO being MtGO. Others can confirm. You can pm me if you want more details, or if you have questions :).

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

ShadeofBlue posted:

I ran it in bootcamp on a 2009 17" MBP, I think that was a 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo (not even i# or anything like that) with 8 GB RAM, with Windows 7. It ran fine on there. Right now I run it through virtualbox on a 2014 15" rMBP, where I let it use 2 cores and 8 GB of memory, also Windows 7. It runs fine that way too (it did not run well in virtualbox on the 2009). Basically, unless your mac is literally 10 years old or older, it should run fine (my definition of fine might be different than yours, of course). Loading your collection can take a few seconds, but I'm pretty sure that's just MtGO being MtGO. Others can confirm. You can pm me if you want more details, or if you have questions :).

Thanks! I don't have PMs, so I'm going to just poo poo up the thread with a few boring details:

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro with a 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 8G RAM. I figured running windows in bootcamp wouldn't be an issue, I was less sure of what version of windows would be best. Apple's website says I could, in theory, run windows 8.1 or 10 as well, but I have no idea which is best. It seems as though everything I see online about it talks about using windows 7. I'd like to stream a little too if I can get away with it, but I'd be satisfied just getting to play for starters. I looked for a hot second at what a windows computer with similar hardware to what I have (or a little better to stream with) and realized quickly that it would cost more than I'm willing to spend at the moment, so I'm hoping to make it work in bootcamp.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Thanks! I don't have PMs, so I'm going to just poo poo up the thread with a few boring details:

I have a 2012 Macbook Pro with a 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 8G RAM. I figured running windows in bootcamp wouldn't be an issue, I was less sure of what version of windows would be best. Apple's website says I could, in theory, run windows 8.1 or 10 as well, but I have no idea which is best. It seems as though everything I see online about it talks about using windows 7. I'd like to stream a little too if I can get away with it, but I'd be satisfied just getting to play for starters. I looked for a hot second at what a windows computer with similar hardware to what I have (or a little better to stream with) and realized quickly that it would cost more than I'm willing to spend at the moment, so I'm hoping to make it work in bootcamp.

Running it in bootcamp with Windows 7 should be completely fine. I don't know how much slower Windows 8 or 10 are. I very much doubt that streaming would be realistic, but I don't really know how taxing streaming software is.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

Mono red prison has become my favorite deck. I love everything about it. Its what skred wishes it could be in modern. Board states with chalice, moons, trinispheres, bridges, and rabble masters are things of beauty.

The 4x Chalice T1 4x Moon T2 guy is complaining about Sneak and Show being a dumb deck heh.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

mcmagic posted:

The 4x Chalice T1 4x Moon T2 guy is complaining about Sneak and Show being a dumb deck heh.

You have me mixed up with someone else. I don't have any issues with sneak and show. I did make fun of people going all mtgfinance over an unproven sideboard card in sneak in show though.

Legacy is about doing unfair things all the time. Complaining about it is pretty pointless.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Don't 90% of Legacy games end on turn 1, and 10% end before turn 1? Being completely broken is the entire appeal of the format.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

precision posted:

Don't 90% of Legacy games end on turn 1, and 10% end before turn 1? Being completely broken is the entire appeal of the format.

Not since they banned Deathrite, they don't.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

precision posted:

Flash is banned, yo

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

suicidesteve posted:

Not since they banned Deathrite, they don't.

I thought Deathrite was the opposite problem where every game descended into a miserable grindfest.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

You have me mixed up with someone else. I don't have any issues with sneak and show. I did make fun of people going all mtgfinance over an unproven sideboard card in sneak in show though.

Legacy is about doing unfair things all the time. Complaining about it is pretty pointless.

Lol sorry.

precision posted:

Noooooooo.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Sickening posted:

One of my special joys in Modern was watching RW Prison decks slam out a T2 Blood Moon vs Tron and then get owned by T7 Karn because they made absolutely no relevant plays in the intervening five turns.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

AnEdgelord posted:

I thought Deathrite was the opposite problem where every game descended into a miserable grindfest.

Well yeah but you still lost on turn 1 when your opponent cast it. It just took 20 turns of futility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Voyager I posted:

One of my special joys in Modern was watching RW Prison decks slam out a T2 Blood Moon vs Tron and then get owned by T7 Karn because they made absolutely no relevant plays in the intervening five turns.

I liked that deck a lot, but it had the same problem that Skred did and just can't do anything that doesn't use a four-mana card.

Though I did beat a Tron deck once by tapping down an Urza's Tower with Ajani Vengeant and it lasted long enough for me to use the ultimate.