Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I “owned” a ‘96 Sebring Coupe for like a week. It had a fake grille and was horrible to drive. The V6 was adequate.

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.
Anyone looking for a '69 Mustang shooting brake? No price listed, of course. Or information on just how/why the thing was converted.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/brantford/mustang-boss-wagon-4-sp/1368181054

Faded Mars fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 12, 2018

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I feel like an idiot, I had no idea they made those.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

I feel like an idiot, I had no idea they made those.

I'm reasonably certain they didn't, unless by "they" you mean "some glorious madman with a cut-up Pinto and a welder".

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

boxen posted:

I'm reasonably certain they didn't, unless by "they" you mean "some glorious madman with a cut-up Pinto and a welder".

Hopefully someone buys him an account.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

TheFonz posted:

Well duh, Stock cars have engines.

:downsrim:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Idiots like this that think a Jeep is still worth something even tho it's garbage

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/jeep-tj/6631416695.html

RUNS GREAT! Just needs a new frame is all!!! (has rust that may or may not kill you while driving)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Every Cherokee locally looks like that. It's a drat shame.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Idiots like this that think a Jeep is still worth something even tho it's garbage

RUNS GREAT! Just needs a new frame is all!!! (has rust that may or may not kill you while driving)

Always get a kick out of people trying to sell rust buckets in Florida

Kastivich
Mar 26, 2010
What is going on with picture 6? Is that some kind of DIY frame repair?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Florida. Man that hits close to home.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

Always get a kick out of people trying to sell rust buckets in Florida

Exactly. He might have been able to sell it wherever it came from if he was lucky, down here not gonna happen it's junk.

Also I love how people that don't list their phone number apparently don't check their spam folder either, I've emailed another guy about a jeep twice in one week, no response and the add is still up :confused:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Rhyno posted:

Every Cherokee locally looks like that. It's a drat shame.

Yeah, except that's a body on frame TJ, so in theory, that part isn't made of sheet metal, i.e.: that's a lot of rust.
Fuckoff trying to sell that junk for $4500 in a non-salt, non-northeast state.

Kastivich posted:

What is going on with picture 6? Is that some kind of DIY frame repair?

Yeah, I think so. Angle iron added to brace/reattach the spring hanger. There's a flat plate welded to the other one (picture 7.)

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Darchangel posted:

Fuckoff trying to sell that junk for $4500 in a non-salt, non-northeast state.

Even in the north I wouldn't buy that thing, it looks completely shot and ready to fall apart at any moment. Not to mention the casual mention that it has a broken brake line and cannot be driven.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Popete posted:

Even in the north I wouldn't buy that thing, it looks completely shot and ready to fall apart at any moment. Not to mention the casual mention that it has a broken brake line and cannot be driven.

Yeah but JEEP WRANGLER, the market is so loving inflated on them idiots like that think they can sell rusted garbage. In Florida.

:fuckoff:

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
https://memphis.craigslist.org/ctd/d/sale-sale-sale-unique-lincoln/6645069191.html

:laugh:

The side profile is hysterical:

Just looks like a town car with a bunch of extra poo poo hanging off it.

Vanagoon fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jul 17, 2018

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Somebody call Ronald McDonald and tell him they found the prick who stole his car.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I could see it in beach areas but how the gently caress do you let rust get that bad in Oviedo? Or did they honestly import a northern car and expect to get anything for it?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

In beach areas it's just surface rust, nothing even close to that. It's people bringing them down with them from Ohio or wherever when they move, then realizing the cornucopia of rust free cars in Florida, then ironically trying to sell a rusted pile of dog poo poo in Florida so they can get a rust free car.

A message to all you northerners moving to Florida: SELL OR JUNK YOUR RUSTED PIECE OF poo poo BEFORE YOU MOVE K THANKS

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That can't be a northern car, the body is in far too pristine shape. Cars up here that are that rusted underneath usually look like poo poo on the body panels/wheel arches.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That's how TJ Wranglers rust, same thing with the XJ Cherokees, the frames go first quickly long before the body decides to rust.

No car on earth would rust like that in Florida, it's clearly from a northern state that used salt on the roads during the winter.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

That's how TJ Wranglers rust, same thing with the XJ Cherokees, the frames go first quickly long before the body decides to rust.

No car on earth would rust like that in Florida, it's clearly from a northern state that used salt on the roads during the winter.

Can confirm. My sister's old XJ had only a bit of paint bubbling on the body panels, but the entire underside of the car was so rusted that you could remove chunks of it with your hands

E: with the aggressive way they rust and their general reliability, the FCA merger actually makes a lot more sense now that I think about it

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 17, 2018

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Maybe it's a pool Jeep and they stored their chlorine in the frame :v:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Vanagoon posted:

https://memphis.craigslist.org/ctd/d/sale-sale-sale-unique-lincoln/6645069191.html

:laugh:

The side profile is hysterical:

Just looks like a town car with a bunch of extra poo poo hanging off it.

I'm the peeling paint and botched bodywork on the deck lid.

No wait! I'm the blue interior accented by random red bits.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KakerMix posted:

Maybe it's a pool Jeep and they stored their chlorine in the frame :v:

Lol that's pretty much the only rust you see around here. You would think those guys would rinse out the back of thier trucks once in awhile. I've seen truck beds completely rotted with plywood over what's left of the the frame rails for the chlorine to sit on.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

https://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/cto/d/1979-bill-blass-edition/6618217908.html

Nobody would show grandpa how to use his phone.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
Maybe the photos were taken in Australia

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Darchangel posted:

I'm the peeling paint and botched bodywork on the deck lid.

No wait! I'm the blue interior accented by random red bits.

Pretty sure you're a poster on the something awful internet forum, friend.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Carth Dookie posted:

Somebody call Ronald McDonald and tell him they found the prick who stole his car.
:laffo:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Fuckin poo poo I want one of those cars.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Carth Dookie posted:

It was the Pimpburgler.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

To be fair, I've had web-apps ignore the metadata that denotes picture orientation when I've taken pictures sideways or upside down with my phone. That's been a while, though.

opengl128 posted:

Pretty sure you're a poster on the something awful internet forum, friend.

Oh GOD, no. Anything but that.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Brolander posted:

im aware of what kind of car it is, it would be a hilarious sleeper. it's also uh, not stock

I'd rather be in a slow car than a cobbled together tire fire that is a swapped Sebring.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

One of you had better buy this.

https://reno.craigslist.org/cto/d/1979-ford-econoline-spy-van/6637940029.html

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I haven't played in this thread before, is this appropriate?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

FBS posted:

I haven't played in this thread before, is this appropriate?

Yeah, you did good.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
THESE COLORS DON'T RUN (but they sure will come off with a Magic Eraser)

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I'm picking it up tomorrow. I'll just park it outside your house for a little while.

edit: Goddamn, it looks like those kids are having fun.

fakeaccount fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jul 24, 2018