Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

In the MCU, Ancient Norse Mythology is explicitly the only correct religion.

Let's blend it with Rhyno's idea. Cap dies, knocks on a door, "we had a date", pull back to show a smiling Odin, end credits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Cap is not going to die so shut up!

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Cap's gonna die, Stark's gonna live so he can have a baby with Pepper and name him Steve. :ohdear: Either in the movie or in every fanfic that comes after it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Chris Evans as Cap is the literal best. But he's dead. Dead dead.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I will call the police on the next person that says Cap's gonna die

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Now that I'm thinking about it, what are they doing in world history and world religion classes in the MCU now?

Is it something like:

quote:

Okay class, today we are going to discuss pre-monotheistic religions. The ancient Norse religion believes that Earth was invaded by Frost Giants from another planet who found a magic teleporting box. These Frost Giants were driven out by the gods Odin, Frigga, and Thor who appeared riding a giant rainbow and an 8-legged horse named Sleipnir.

They were 100% correct. Class dismissed.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

zoux posted:

I will call the police on the next person that says Cap's gonna die
Call the police on Thanos.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Well in the movies all those people are chumps, and Ragnarok came and went without the Earth even noticing. So things probably got a lot more complicated, what with some things being 100% true and other things like 50% true and other things not true at all. And hey, now they have all sorts of alien gods they have to think about too!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Steve puts on the gauntlet but instead of bringing back the dead avengers he instantly regrows his beard and then kicks thanos' rear end

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Lord Hydronium posted:

Call the police on Thanos.

:golfclap:

I think most of the new concept art looks pretty good, though I don’t think Thanos really needs a gun, I mean, the dude punched out the Hulk.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I'm pretty sure Thanos's thing is a double bladed axe-sword thing, not a gun.

It would make sense because he needs something that can parry Stormbreaker.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Thanos gets all the stones again and as an act of mercy tells Cap he will bring back one person for him.

Cap imagines Peggy, then goes stonefaced and says he's made his wish.

The dust rises and forms into Diamond Dallas Page who grabs Thanos and gives him the diamond cutter, which knocks him out instantly. The diamond cutter can never be predicted and always works for the three.

Only Goldberg has ever kicked out, and he had an extra minute of the ref being unconscious.

Sometimes it can fail when DDP was a heel but that's because as a heel he would telegraph it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thanos has a Titan batleth, not a gun.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ooh poo poo I figured out what I need in Avengers 4; cap gets the gauntlet on and we get a reversal of that shot of him holding off Thanos, with Thanos pushing back against a powered up Cap.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

After Cap's "One man shouldn't have to die" speech in the first part I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the gauntlet knowing he'll die if he uses it because it will be too much for a human to take and then goes out like that. Seems like a very Cap thing to do.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Thanos gets all the stones again and as an act of mercy tells Cap he will bring back one person for him.

Cap imagines Peggy, then goes stonefaced and says he's made his wish.

The dust rises and forms into Diamond Dallas Page who grabs Thanos and gives him the diamond cutter, which knocks him out instantly. The diamond cutter can never be predicted and always works for the three.

Only Goldberg has ever kicked out, and he had an extra minute of the ref being unconscious.

Sometimes it can fail when DDP was a heel but that's because as a heel he would telegraph it.

Especially as an Atlanta native, I would watch the poo poo out of this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DDP sucks, Jimmy King is the best.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

X-O posted:

After Cap's "One man shouldn't have to die" speech in the first part I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the gauntlet knowing he'll die if he uses it because it will be too much for a human to take and then goes out like that. Seems like a very Cap thing to do.
Yeah if they have to get rid of Cap this is the way for him to go out.

I doubt that Tony will die in Avengers 4 just to keep open the possibility that he might do guest cameos

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/spider-man-far-from-home-numan-acar-sony-1202428003/

So, this guy is 100% Kraven, right?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If so, weird that they would name him Dmitri unless they're going for some strange twist on Chameleon's ties to Kraven. Or it could be misdirection?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I'd assume misdirection, cause that's a pretty Kraven looking dude

Also fingers crossed that JB Smooth is Jameson cause that would be inspired casting

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is that a different person than JB Smoove?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Aphrodite posted:

Nobody's better than Kanyon!

Anyway, my buddies at Den of Geek have their latest magazine issue ready for SDCC and its cover is full of Aquaman movie imagery.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Aphrodite posted:

You shut your mouth that man saved Jake the Snake's life! He is a macho yoga hero!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

First look (?) at Willem Dafoe, Dolf Lungren, whoever Ocean Master is and some sea monsters for Aquaman.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Is this movie being made by Roger Corman or something? Why does it look like this?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I am ok with the ending where nobody dies and we end on a high five freeze frame involving everybody.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is that a Krogan on the left

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jamesman posted:

Is this movie being made by Roger Corman or something? Why does it look like this?

It looks like it should.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Pleaes...i beg you...please Aquamang..talk to A Fish

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I am so stoked for Aquaman.

Edit: And I loving hope J.B. is JJJ. poo poo would be HILARIOUS and all the racists would lose their minds.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

First look (?) at Willem Dafoe, Dolf Lungren, whoever Ocean Master is and some sea monsters for Aquaman.

That is loving amazing

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I hope they never run out of doofy comic book helmets to strap Patrick Wilson into.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
Is Dolph Lundgren playing Vulko? That’s bizarre casting.

Edit: Apparently Willem Defoe is Vulko. That character design is dumb. I thought maybe he was lighthouse keeper Curry. He’s got no beard!

Shawn fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 17, 2018

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
IIRC, Dafoe shot a scene or two for Justice League as Vulko, but it didn't make the theatrical cut.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Comcast is not going to try and match Disney's bid for Fox's properties

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/07/17/comcast-will-reportedly-not-increase-its-fox-bid

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Comcast is not going to try and match Disney's bid for Fox's properties

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/07/17/comcast-will-reportedly-not-increase-its-fox-bid

We'll finally get our moleman movie

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Jamesman posted:

God, I wish it was a Corman film.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

ashpanash posted:

Can we adapt that one newspaper story where Mole Man tries to make Aunt May his queen and she's actually kinda into it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ashpanash posted:

I believe you'll find the Fantastic Four battled the Moleman in hit film The Incredibles 2.

• Locked thread