Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

It doesn't need to get any more charge, it's already fully healed. It's only still stuck inside Spender because Lucifer is holding it there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It doesn't need more charge to heal, but being held in an off-color probably keeps it relatively low-powered against Lucifer.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I don't think Max is vulnerable to being possessed because he's already possessed. Scrapdragon sure isn't the one who talked to Doorman, you know? Scrapdragon's a grudge, whatever its normal intelligence level is, right now it's too hopped up on fear to communicate properly. It's even scared of Max, that's why it armored up when it saw him and freaked out when he booped its snoot.

Whoever is possessing Max doesn't want to be seen and is capable enough to hide from Boss Leader, which is impressive. I can't imagine they'd be happy to share space with another possessed spirit, although Scrapdragon seems to be tolerated likely because it provides cover for the spirit possessing Max, allows Max to defend himself, and is nested in the tool, not in Max himself.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm pretty sure the point of the "delicate balance" is that another yellow tool would drain away some of Spender's yellow energy and leave Lucifer without enough power to keep the other guy in check.

Note that Isabel's attitude indicates that tools that are not yellow, such as "frosty pink", have no effect on whatever's going on with Spender.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SKULL.GIF posted:

edit: Or blue.

Isaac's is a pale blue.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

If it's not black, then it's likely the inverse of yellow (Spender mentions a couple times that he's in a "delicate state of balance") which is a deep purple: https://www.colourlovers.com/color/2D135C

deep purple spectral energy is basically the bassline from smoke on the water

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So it's the coolest of spectral energies

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Update!

I guess we know for sure who the Witch is now, huh.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm kind of disappointed in it being the obvious one, really.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Tenebrais posted:

I'm kind of disappointed in it being the obvious one, really.

I’m sorta leaning the opposite way. It’s kinda nice that it isn’t another multiple fakeout situation that drags on.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.
I kind of agree. How many other major players are still faceless at this point?

The only ones I can think of are the Cousinhood's inside man (I'm guessing that's Mr. Garcia), whoever's leading Doorman's cabal of spirits, and maybe whoever's responsible for the Bad Dogs.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Not everything has to be a twist or shocking revelation.. I mean she’s the one who seems to be pulling the strings behind the school. The principal is just a puppet.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 17, 2018

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Plus it looks like the chapter is winding up, so I'd be surprised to see any more plotlines being added at this point.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Begemot posted:

Update!

I guess we know for sure who the Witch is now, huh.

So someone layed it out a couple pages back but this really is about the former activity club and the new one dealing with the problems of this town. In a way, Mina is kind of a Stephen King character having to return to the hometown of her trauma.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I was hoping Hijack would make it to Mina, though. I mean, I don't particularly like him after a reread, but he's a dumb kid who overreacted, and he could get Mina the info she needed for her and Spender to work together. I understand why none of these characters are communicating with each other, but that doesn't mean it's not frustrating to have a chance for better communication literally cut down.

Ah well... it's not like Hijack got vaporized like his big bro. He's a weird, artificial spirit, but he's still a spirit, and there's still ways for him to be okay after this and communicate with Mina.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mina is going to stumble upon half of Hijack as he’s dissaperaing/dying. Option 2 is that bat spirit eating half of Hijack and she walks in on the horror scene.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I can't believe Mina is about to murder a child.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Mina is a doctor I'm sure she can stitch someone together after a bisection

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Theory: cody will be possessed by hijack/grab the tool hijack makes, as a means of getting ghost vision

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i’m telling you

half of hijack to cody

half of hijack to lisa

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

since hijack is a weird artificial spirit I wouldn't be surprised if he's just gone, forever

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
It's going to turn out that Cody so EXPERTLY sliced Hijack in two, his blade passed between the hemispheres only severing the connective tissue, not damaging the hemispheres themselves. Because the right half of the brain controls the left half of the body, and vice-versa (is that true, though? I remember it being a plot point in some TV show I watched back in the 80s or 90s), both halves will survive but each will control the other half physically. It'll be like Hijack is living in a 2 player co-op 2nd person shooter.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hijack gets a half of a (ghost-)robot body for each half, becomes two cyborgs that each have different aspects of his personality.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Trebuchet King posted:

i’m telling you

half of hijack to cody

half of hijack to lisa
Do they get wonder twins-esque powers, where they can hijack people, but only if they're holding hands at the time?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
To be fair I kinda like that the witch is obvious because the obvious witch is the best kind? Gimmie a cackling crone flying around cursing people over some subversion any day.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
an angel, a witch, and a vampire walk into a bar

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Tollymain posted:

an angel, a witch, and a vampire walk into a bar

we don't need to hear about the main character of your fanfic

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the twelve-year-old child ducks

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I mean, if Hijack isn't permanently dead, that means that both Davy and Cody are seriously in the dark about how this whole thing works.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Motherfucker posted:

To be fair I kinda like that the witch is obvious because the obvious witch is the best kind? Gimmie a cackling crone flying around cursing people over some subversion any day.

Heck; same

Rand Brittain posted:

I mean, if Hijack isn't permanently dead, that means that both Davy and Cody are seriously in the dark about how this whole thing works.

It's still not really clear what Davy was trying to accomplish here but given that the spirit world is apparently a Hobbesian Kevin and Kell hellscape of things trying to eat you just loving a spirit up and leaving them to die is probably plenty to make an example

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 18, 2018

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Wa11y posted:

It's going to turn out that Cody so EXPERTLY sliced Hijack in two, his blade passed between the hemispheres only severing the connective tissue, not damaging the hemispheres themselves. Because the right half of the brain controls the left half of the body, and vice-versa (is that true, though? I remember it being a plot point in some TV show I watched back in the 80s or 90s), both halves will survive but each will control the other half physically. It'll be like Hijack is living in a 2 player co-op 2nd person shooter.

The brain is absurdly adaptable for how fragile you'd think it is and you can easily live a normal life with only half a hemisphere of it so long as all the important poo poo is still there. No this isn't a personal experience.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hijack splitting into all creative and all logical halves would actually be pretty cool.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Yeah but they both just wanna play wii sports.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

PetraCore posted:

Do they get wonder twins-esque powers, where they can hijack people, but only if they're holding hands at the time?

yes they gotta be in physical contact

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The list of people who aren't magical or at least somewhat aware of magic at this point is basically just Suzy, Collin, Violet and Ms. Baxter.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Dolash posted:

The list of people who aren't magical or at least somewhat aware of magic at this point is basically just Suzy, Collin, Violet and Ms. Baxter.

Even Ms. Baxter had an interest in Zarei returning to town, though that might just be them being old classmates.

Let's be real, by the end of the story the only person who doesn't know about all the supernatural stuff is going to turn out to be Suzy.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Tenebrais posted:

Even Ms. Baxter had an interest in Zarei returning to town, though that might just be them being old classmates.

Let's be real, by the end of the story the only person who doesn't know about all the supernatural stuff is going to turn out to be Suzy.

Maybe an old flame? This comic needs more gay to be competitive in today's webcomic world.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

T-man posted:

Maybe an old flame? This comic needs more gay to be competitive in today's webcomic world.

Maybe? I'd have to doublecheck the page that had her dating profile to see if it listed preference. I remember her having an unreplied dude in her DMs for whatever little that's worth on the subject.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

This page, and her preference is for "dating". It's possible, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Here's the page where isabelle sees the photo, by the way http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-195

Sophie's usage of cat eomjis is very strong

Tenebrais posted:

This page, and her preference is for "dating". It's possible, I suppose.

"We're not dealing with an amateur Isabelle, he's -He's not going to search "tips for convincingly puppeteering your human host!!""

Oh hijack :allears: