Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Build for crit and add Hunter Munitions. I use Vile Acceleration as well because the mag is so bloody huge it doesn't matter.
Don't forget to use Heavy Caliber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I modded mine for viral. A flamethrower that cuts you to ribbons and gives you diseases, the greatest warcrime.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

a big fat bunny posted:

Hey, what are some fun and/or devastating options for the Ignis Wraith as far as warcrimes go? i have something that works fine and all but i'm trash as far as actual mods setups go.

Somthing like this:

Replace Primed Shred with the normal version (or Speed Trigger if you don't mind losing the ability to shoot through barriers) as appropriate. Enjoy melting everything.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

So I understand that a 'potato' will double my mod slots to a max of 60, but would I still get the full amount if I use it on an unleveled weapon and then level it or should they only be used on lvl30 gear? Also what is the difference between prime/not prime is it just cosmetic?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

nostrata posted:

So I understand that a 'potato' will double my mod slots to a max of 60, but would I still get the full amount if I use it on an unleveled weapon and then level it or should they only be used on lvl30 gear? Also what is the difference between prime/not prime is it just cosmetic?

The potato is a permanent upgrade even if you forma or use it below level 30. Its basically a flag, not a one-time points doubling.

Primes usually have slightly better stats, some polarity differences in mod slots, and sometimes a few unique effects, also extra bling.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Prime weapons tend to be significantly better than non-prime versions, but the gap is a bit smaller between prime and non prime warframes.

And carrier prime is arguably almost worse than carrier because it has a stupid D polarity that you cant put anything useful in

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Cicadalek posted:

Prime weapons tend to be significantly better than non-prime versions, but the gap is a bit smaller between prime and non prime warframes.

And carrier prime is arguably almost worse than carrier because it has a stupid D polarity that you cant put anything useful in

You can forma sentinels too :ssh:

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Sure, but I'm just comparing them fresh out of the foundry. I just find it amusing that they gave it an extra polarity which actually made it worse.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

nostrata posted:

Also what is the difference between prime/not prime is it just cosmetic?
Beaten a bit, but primed weapons are usually straight upgrades with occasional mechanical differences (like Tiberon just being burst-fire while the prime can switch between burst/semi/full auto).

Prime frames are also straight upgrades, but the differences are much less dramatic. Your powers will work identically (no extra range/strength etc), but you might have more armor or energy than the normal version, for example.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the base versions of weapons will pretty much always be outclassed by any variants, but the variants themselves tend to be somewhat more equivalent with tradeoffs here and there to differentiate them. the basic tigris shotgun will start losing effectiveness but either a sancti tigris (which you can get from new loka or get traded to you by a kind goon) or tigris prime will both be very solid for your uses for the vast majority of content in the game.

warframe is actually pretty kind about letting players get their hands on cool gear without having to pay money for it and the relic system just craps out prime parts so a new player should bust the ones they get open when they get the chance. but yeah, prime frames are definitely outright better than the base versions, but it's usually not a massive boost and never really anything that would make a prime usable but a base frame not in a situation.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why wouldn't you want a d polarity on a sentinel? health and shields are nice because they delay the point where your sentinel just loving dies instantly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
heck, sanctuary is d too.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

I got it mixed up, its the extra V polarity thats kind of loving useless

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, that's true.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

nostrata posted:

You get twice the mod points while levelling as well. So at level 10 you get 20 points to spend, at 20 you get 40 points to spend, all the way up to level 30 where you get 60 points to spend.

This is still the case if you use Forma on it and have to level it back up. The amount of starting points you get from your mastery rank is also doubled i think.

It's one of the many systems in Warframe that becomes easier to do than to put into words, unfortunately.

Tell us which guns you have lad, and we'll advise you which to potato.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

For fucks sake, I uninstalled, wiped everything, did a new download and it's still saying download error. with various download settings. fuuuuck.

ed: goddammit. Forums says I should try using the german launcher. haahahahahah

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jul 18, 2018

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

What the hell is a "potato"?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Gonkish posted:

Potato = orokin reactor / catalyst
Cabbage = relic
Tomato = exilus adapter

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Gonkish posted:

Oroking Catalysts or Reactors. The Warframe community has settled on that as their colloquialism.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The item economy is a harvest festival basically. And yet pizzas are the easiest to come by and least important.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!
I've also heard people call Orokin cells "potatoes". I've only been playing since March, so I do not know if historically the term has applied to them, but I do not like it, no sir.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Strangely relevant: http://reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/8zpeio/can_anyone_tell_me_what_master_rank_level_we/

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/8zsn0g/red_crit_and_undying_wukong9_forma/

Reminder that wukong is lowkey ridic if you spend the time getting zaw arcanes.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

It's canon. P.O.T.A.T.O. means "Potent Orokin Technical Augmentation and Tactical Offensive" device.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
it's a backronym tho.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Don't question Darvo.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Synthbuttrange posted:

For fucks sake, I uninstalled, wiped everything, did a new download and it's still saying download error. with various download settings. fuuuuck.

ed: goddammit. Forums says I should try using the german launcher. haahahahahah

gently caress I just tried to reinstall to check out what's new and I'm gettin the exact same thing. Gunna try a reinstall anyway I guess :shrug:

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

I came here to bitch about how having a private ship and a less than optimal chat ui, makes me feel a little lonely ingame, but now all I want is a farming patch on my ship. Or maybe a farm in the plains? that would be fun too.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

gently caress I just tried to reinstall to check out what's new and I'm gettin the exact same thing. Gunna try a reinstall anyway I guess :shrug:

switching the launcher to german worked, ridiculously enough

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm just using this game as an escape until Star Citizen releases. Then I can get to the real farming!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

As a man who loves Stardew Valley and played a few other harvest moon games growing up I would be loving chuffed if they added a literal farm in the ship. I wanna look after space chickens and void rabbits and corpus fish and grineer... uhh, grineer cows? Oh man an infested ram would look so metal as well.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm just using this game as an escape until Star Citizen releases. Then I can get to the real farming!

Good news, buddy, you're got all the time in the world.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jack Trades posted:

Good news, buddy, you're got all the time in the world.

Hey, I heard its going to come out in 20XX (Where XX = current year + 1) and its going to blow every other game away!

And yeah, I'm going to scoff loudly and proudly when Warframe finally gets space ships and turrets that aren't 90% metal struts and doodads! :smuggo:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Spudd posted:

As a man who loves Stardew Valley and played a few other harvest moon games growing up I would be loving chuffed if they added a literal farm in the ship. I wanna look after space chickens and void rabbits and corpus fish and grineer... uhh, grineer cows? Oh man an infested ram would look so metal as well.

You really do not want to know what the Grineer use as cattle.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

The obvious answer is a ranch where you raise(?) moas and rollers. Maybe those floating orokin drones too.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'd raise whatever animals I'm accidentally killing on the plains of Eidolon

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

just let me have multiple kubrow pups on the ship

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Are there any Glaive aficionados in here?

When dual-wielding a Glaive with a secondary gun is it always supposed to do the Astral Twilight stance combo despite me having Gleaming Talon stance equipped? Cause that combo kinda blows.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Helter Skelter posted:

Somthing like this:

Replace Primed Shred with the normal version (or Speed Trigger if you don't mind losing the ability to shoot through barriers) as appropriate. Enjoy melting everything.

Jesus christ, throw a Heavy Caliber on there somewhere and that's my build. Good to know i'm already in a good spot!

And Tyler Too! posted:

I modded mine for viral. A flamethrower that cuts you to ribbons and gives you diseases, the greatest warcrime.

The Lone Badger posted:

Build for crit and add Hunter Munitions. I use Vile Acceleration as well because the mag is so bloody huge it doesn't matter.
Don't forget to use Heavy Caliber.

Thank you tenno friends. It's nice to know i either stupided into a decent build or stole one from the thread long ago and forgot (it's that second one :ssh:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

a big fat bunny posted:

Jesus christ, throw a Heavy Caliber on there somewhere and that's my build. Good to know i'm already in a good spot!
If you don't have a fire rate mod on there, adding one will be a bigger damage increase than HCal. If you're missing Hunter Munitions, well, you should try to fix that.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 18, 2018