Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Blues Brothers 2000 is like watching a car crash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EOXAzPLio0

Which happens to be the only part of the movie worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

It’s Pat is genuinely the worst movie I’ve ever seen

They should do a remake where nobody gives a gently caress what pat's gender identity is

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Arcsquad12 posted:

Listen to the Blues Brothers 2000 soundtrack because it's genuinely good.

Yeah, I was going to say - do watch BB2000, just skip the bits where plot happens.

Also try to find the extended cut of the original movie if you can. There's only one or two new scenes, but several of the songs are restored to full length.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Ignite Memories posted:

They should do a remake where nobody gives a gently caress what pat's gender identity is

From what I remembered of the movie, no one gave a gently caress about Pat's gender except for the one neighbour who was obsessed. But after checking the wiki it looks like a couple other characters did as well. Had no idea Tarantino was an uncredited writer for it though. Not really surprising in hindsight.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

kupachek posted:

From what I remembered of the movie, no one gave a gently caress about Pat's gender except for the one neighbour who was obsessed. But after checking the wiki it looks like a couple other characters did as well. Had no idea Tarantino was an uncredited writer for it though. Not really surprising in hindsight.

were there conversations that came out of nowhere about feet

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Jedit posted:

Yeah, I was going to say - do watch BB2000, just skip the bits where plot happens.

Also try to find the extended cut of the original movie if you can. There's only one or two new scenes, but several of the songs are restored to full length.

Most tv channels and DVD editions of the film are the extended cut. Netflix only has the theatrical cut for some bizarre reason. I knew something was wrong when the jailer didn't club Jake over the head at the beginning to wake him up.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Coneheads was pretty funny. One of those movies that got poo poo all over by critics undeservedly. It was no masterpiece but when it finally rolled around to cable I thought it was pretty funny.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A conehead appeared in Cyndi Lauper's Girl's Just Want To Have Fun music video and that's ancient history as far as kids today are concerned.

They even had an animated show in 1983, a full decade before the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imvgc8-nRlM

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
in jurassic park, the computer scientist guy ray arnold that's played by samuel l jackson has a photo of oppenheimer taped to his computer. oppenheimer was one of the chief inventors of the nuclear bomb

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Kanine posted:

in jurassic park, the computer scientist guy ray arnold that's played by samuel l jackson has a photo of oppenheimer taped to his computer. oppenheimer was one of the chief inventors of the nuclear bomb

"Hold on to your butts, now I am become Death, destroyer of worlds."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

And you will know my name is Shiva when I lay my vengeance upon thee

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hold on to your butts, now I am become Death, destroyer of worlds, and you will know my name is Shiva when I lay my vengeance upon thee, motherfucker

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
"Velociraptor...when you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room."

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I am tired of these motherfucking dinosaurs on this motherfucking island!

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
"Honey...where's my dino suit?"

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Krispy Wafer posted:

*jurassic park theme played on kazoo*

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Screaming Idiot posted:

*jurassic park theme played on kazoo*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-58hQ9dLk

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Mierenneuker posted:

Some serious lols right there, though I still prefer the original.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I love how the cars are just flying in randomly.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Kanine posted:

Krispy Wafer posted:

"Hold on to your butts, now I am become Death, destroyer of worlds."

Krankenstyle posted:

And you will know my name is Shiva when I lay my vengeance upon thee

The Bloop posted:

Hold on to your butts, now I am become Death, destroyer of worlds, and you will know my name is Shiva when I lay my vengeance upon thee, motherfucker

Krispy Wafer posted:

"Velociraptor...when you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room."

Jedit posted:

I am tired of these motherfucking dinosaurs on this motherfucking island!

Krispy Wafer posted:

That was Nedry's workspace.

Beachcomber has a new favorite as of 19:28 on Jul 17, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Beachcomber posted:

That was Nedry's workspace.

That's what makes it subtle

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Anyone see the second season of Goliath? Good.

Spoilers anyway someone's head is cut off, which is bad. It is put in a box which is creepy. The box is delivered to the police with great hilarity on Billy Bob's part. So anyway later on a dramatic confrontation between a cop and a worse cop.

Am I the only one seeing this?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah that has to be deliberate

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Also this:

And the part where his drink is poisoned, he shows up out of sorts and "hung over" (in spite of being a raging drunk himself) tries to explain himself goes back to the hacienda and they're like, wtf are you talking about?

Very deliberate and hilarious take on a certain Cary Grant movie.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I like the joke in Ant-Man & The Wasp where Louis mentions his grandmother’s jukebox at her restaurant has nothing but Morrissey.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Mierenneuker posted:

Wasn't that the largest car crash in cinema history for a while?

Man, how much fun do you think the production team had while shooting that? Just a few days of launching cop cars into an increasingly larger pile.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
During the bathroom scene in The Shining, "Delbert Grady" never blinks.

I can't believe I just noticed this -- I've seen this movie like a dozen times.

May be true for Lloyd the bartender, too. Didn't think to look for it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lincoln posted:

I can't believe I just noticed this -- I've seen this movie like a dozen times.

May be true for Lloyd the bartender, too. Didn't think to look for it.

Another question: is "advocate" a normal pronunciation for avocado anywhere?

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.

Lincoln posted:

John Hurt's character in V for Vendetta doesn't blink at all either, except for his final scene in the Underground station.

Really adds to the Orwellian, Big Brother, "all seeing eye" effect, and once you notice it the unending stare becomes quite disorienting.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

GazChap posted:

John Hurt's character in V for Vendetta doesn't blink at all either, except for his final scene in the Underground station.

Really adds to the Orwellian, Big Brother, "all seeing eye" effect, and once you notice it the unending stare becomes quite disorienting.

Super underrated movie. Aside from the segment when Portman was in jail, that poo poo drags so bad to make a point the movie's already made that Oliver Stone would blush.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Jake Gyllenhaal never blinks in Nightcrawler

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Jake Gyllenhaal never blinks in Nightcrawler

Is this true?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Polaron posted:

Wasn't that the largest car crash in cinema history for a while?

Yes. They deliberately crashed exactly one more car than the original, which at the time still held the record.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

RCarr posted:

Is this true?

Per IMDb trivia and TV Tropes anyway

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I don’t know if it’s true but I still remember how amazing the ending of that movie was. It’s not subtle at loving at all but his last line is just chilling given what you’ve seen in the movie. Gyllenhaal was amazing in it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don’t know if it’s true but I still remember how amazing the ending of that movie was. It’s not subtle at loving at all but his last line is just chilling given what you’ve seen in the movie. Gyllenhaal was amazing in it.

Yea he was phenomenal in that movie. The not blinking actually makes perfect sense for his character so I believe it.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Gosling doesn't blink in Drive either.

One great thing about Nightcrawler that is a purely fan-fiction level reading my mate has was about the music. I saw a couple of people say the music didn't really fit with how seedy the film is, but my mate said if you watch the film through Gyllenhaal's eyes it's almost like a John Hugh's "coming of age" tale as this weirdo discovers his true calling. And the music suits it perfectly.

edit: Decided to do some research before posting this and it looks like my mate was right...

https://carpetbagger.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/12/10/below-the-line-scoring-nightcrawler/

tl;dr Nightcrawler's weird soundtrack is a subtle and cool movie moment.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Brad Pitt taught himself not to blink because illiterate people never blink

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Brad Pitt taught himself not to blink because illiterate people never blink

I thought his gimmick was that he eats constantly? So he has to protect his nictitating membranes.

Also, he can never stop swimming or he will die :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Just watched the ending shootout / car chase scene of Nightcrawler on YouTube and he definitely blinks so gently caress you guys for misleading me I’m never coming back to this thread