Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kashuno posted:

All this makes me wish there was more character interaction.

Bright eyed Tressa sets off for adventure, only to come across a woman who worked in the sex trade in order to find the men who hurt her family and brutally murder them.

An adventure is an adventure, you can't be too picky about that stuff.

Besides, Tressa is very good at looting bodies and murder is very efficient in creating more bodies to loot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Meanwhile the inverse of that exchange, in Tressa’s C2 is adorable. :3:

After losing in a trade war for the day, Primrose gives Tressa a spirited pep talk to fire her up for the next day’s business.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

Besides, Tressa is very good at looting bodies and murder is very efficient in creating more bodies to loot

One of my best early game moments was playing H'aanit's chapter 1 where she comes across the massacre left in the monster's wake and does her little speech, then as soon as I regain control while I'm standing in the middle of all these dead bodies Tressa just "happens" to find a ton of gold.

ChaosArgate posted:

Meanwhile the inverse of that exchange, in Tressa’s C2 is adorable. :3:

After losing in a trade war for the day, Primrose gives Tressa a spirited pep talk to fire her up for the next day’s business.

it's great and one of the reasons I wanted to try Primrose on my team. Her interactions are pretty good so far!

Not as good as Alfyn's though :kimchi:
Aww you made a new pal! Also he calls her Tress!

e: also Alfyn is just the goodest boy always. Cyrus Chapter 2 spoiler:
:smith:

and then there's

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 18, 2018

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
All of H'aanit's interactions should just be the other characters saying they don't understand her.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Licarn posted:

All of H'aanit's interactions should just be the other characters saying they don't understand her.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Your Computer posted:

and then there's

They missed a perfect oppurtunity for a goatse reference there.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Your Computer posted:

e: also Alfyn is just the goodest boy always. Cyrus Chapter 2 spoiler:
:smith:

Cyrus Chapter 2 is probably where I realized I was really going to like his and Alfyn's Chapters.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Licarn posted:

Howen can'st thou notte understanden minen speechen

doest notte everyonen speaketh liken thise?

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

They missed a perfect oppurtunity for a goatse reference there.
I ofte builde traps when I hunte goatse :hai:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Your Computer posted:

Howen can'st thou notte understanden minen speechen

doest notte everyonen speaketh liken thise?

COMEN IF THOU DAREST

LET MY ARROW FLY'EN TRUE

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Wrecketh yonder shitte thinen cattee

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

COMEN IF THOU DAREST

LET MY ARROW FLY'EN TRUE
I only recently heard her English voice lines and holy heck they are so bad. Nnnngaaahhhhh :geno:

Was gonna watch a stream but the streamer picked H'aanit as his main character and I just couldn't do it.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I actually really love H'aanits battle dialogue, it always put a smile on my face.

LETTEN US HUNTEN

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I appreciate H'annit as someone with a really country accent and slang. She's a good girl and has some good interactions.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I actually really love H'aanits battle dialogue, it always put a smile on my face.

LETTEN US HUNTEN

:same:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought the VA pulled it off really well, she really sold it IMO

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

LETTEN US HUNTEN

Also, "Standest thou against me? Then be hunted!"

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Yeah, for me, H'aanit is up there tied with Cyrus for best VA.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:eyepop: well I guess it's not the first time I have a completely different opinion about something in this game, huh.

I'm'st've gladen you guys aren enjoyingeth it :toot:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You are way overexaggerating it. There's a consistent syntax. It isn't accurate to any historical version of English but it is internally consistent and easy to parse if you are a native speaker, not random.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jul 18, 2018

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They are turning English verbs into fake German gerund forms

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If I could turn off specific VAs I would turn H'aanit's off.

But only one out of eight characters with bad lines is good enough for me to deal with it.

ninja e: to clarify, the voice actor is fine, I just hate the writing for her.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Glad to see that in Ch3 Cyrus is still committed to the cause of open access publishing

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Darest thou standest against me?

Then Be Hunted! :black101:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

atholbrose posted:

Yeah, for me, H'aanit is up there tied with Cyrus for best VA.

Yeah, the writing grates a bit but the VA is great.

RFX
Nov 23, 2007
Im still in the middle of the Chapter 1s (two characters left) and noticed something strange about leveling. Cyrus is my main character, Olberic was my 3rd. Somehow, Olberic has outleveled Cyrus by about half a level - he hit 18 before Cyrus, and by the time Cyrus hit 18, Olberic was halfway to 19. I think I may have had one fight finished with Cyrus dead, but could this one fight have made such a difference? I also could have sworn Cyrus got XP/JP for it even though he was dead, but I could be wrong about that.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

RFX posted:

Im still in the middle of the Chapter 1s (two characters left) and noticed something strange about leveling. Cyrus is my main character, Olberic was my 3rd. Somehow, Olberic has outleveled Cyrus by about half a level - he hit 18 before Cyrus, and by the time Cyrus hit 18, Olberic was halfway to 19. I think I may have had one fight finished with Cyrus dead, but could this one fight have made such a difference? I also could have sworn Cyrus got XP/JP for it even though he was dead, but I could be wrong about that.

Been challenging a lot of people?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I started the game last night. After much agony, I decided to start off as Alfyn. I knocked out his first chapter, and I am now in the middle of Therion's chapter 1.

I was not expecting to be drawn into the game like this. Very excited to see where it goes!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really can't get into Cyrus's VA. He just sounds like he's trying way too hard to sound like The Smart Guy to me. His VA is the reason I picked Alfyn to start with instead, really.

I also don't like Therion's VA much. He's really nasally and leans on the Always Sound Sardonic button too hard.

Everyone else is good, though.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Cyrus is Miles Edgeworth being roped into playing D&D and finding out he actually enjoys it way more than he expected.

And that's just great.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I like Olberic "MY BLADE IS UNBENDING!!" Eisenberg because he wreaks havoc among ye.

Dudes so into his lines he should shouting them from a giant robot or something.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Harrow posted:

I really can't get into Cyrus's VA. He just sounds like he's trying way too hard to sound like The Smart Guy to me. His VA is the reason I picked Alfyn to start with instead, really.

I also don't like Therion's VA much. He's really nasally and leans on the Always Sound Sardonic button too hard.

I do like Therion's voice actor. But I think it's neat how he was one of the minds behind the Brawl taunts, and the other part of the pair voices Cordelia Ravus.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Harrow posted:

Therion's battle voice always sounds to me like he's been shoved into the fight and he's awkwardly laughing at the enemies to diffuse the situation. That might say more about me than the performance, though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Harrow posted:

how can you not like this

https://clips.twitch.tv/BeautifulPlumpPheasantRitzMitz

RFX posted:

dead characters definitely do not get XP/JP, and as previously mentioned the rest of the difference possibly came from duels

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Your Computer posted:

I assume he gets some more story in his later chapters but it's sort of funny how Therion is just straight up a thief (not to mention a jerk). No 'treasure hunter' or excuses, he just wanted to rob that mansion because it had valuable treasure in it (and Tressa was in as soon as she heard the word "treasure"!)

I see we all screen shotted the same exchange

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
H'aanit Chapter 4 can eat my rear end + my balls.

I've probably died to the boss a good 15 times now. And I'm like 10 levels over the recommended level.

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
I finally beat it but I'm confused. I got 10 potions to cure petrify before the fight but in all my attempts it never gave me that status condition??

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

H'aanit's voice acting and battle quotes are fine. Her sounding like a Ed Edd and Eddy soundbite when fully boosting is not okay

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I don't mind the voice acting but a lot of it sounds like it is someone clicking play on a .wav file as each box pops up. I guess the days of the PSX FFs have me trained to power read the dialogue.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

^burtle posted:

I don't mind the voice acting but a lot of it sounds like it is someone clicking play on a .wav file as each box pops up. I guess the days of the PSX FFs have me trained to power read the dialogue.

Ophilia's intro was definitely just someone :f5:ing the excellency.wav file

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

H'aanit's voice acting and battle quotes are fine. Her sounding like a Ed Edd and Eddy soundbite when fully boosting is not okay

H'aanit's "Nnnyuugh!!" is actually the highlight of any given battle for me, I'll have you know.

Also I just finished my first Chapter 2 and it was easier than I expected, especially with H'aanit still at level 19. But since everyone else was at 25-26, it was probably made up for with that.