Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sphyre posted:

who is allison? is she hot

Shes a keeper for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

CyberPingu posted:

DeGea would have gone for about £50m a couple of seasons ago I reckon if Utd hadn't had "Fax issues".

Buffon went for what was considered alot back in the day didnt he?

Buffon was a massive aberration in terms of goalkeeper fees. He cost £33m back in 2001 and it wasn't until Manchester City bought Ederson last season that the record was broken. It was never even really close to getting broken. Manuel Neuer and David De Gea were both sold for ~£19m in 2011 and that was probably the closest to Buffons fee until last summer when Ederson and Pickford were both sold for higher fees.

I mean, Spurs paid £10m for Lloris in 2012.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

seriously though i can't believe we're giving 70m worth of keeper to achterberg lol it's going to be a disaster

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Sphyre posted:

seriously though i can't believe we're giving 70m worth of keeper to achterberg lol it's going to be a disaster

It really seems like it's going that way.

I'd have confidence in Juve or Real Madrid or Bayern breaking world records and it looking like a masterstroke, but this is Liverpool we're talking about.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Incredible. This in a league where Fabianski could've been had for under 10m and they'd get at least another 3 or 4 good years out of him.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Jose posted:

fulham might finally be about to sign mitrovic for £20m

We're also being linked to another of your former players, Kevin "Vic Reeves voice" Mbabu

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

mackintosh posted:

Incredible. This in a league where Fabianski could've been had for under 10m and they'd get at least another 3 or 4 good years out of him.

Fabianski went for 7m but also he's old and has proven himself to not be capable at the highest level

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Wazzerphuk posted:

We're also being linked to another of your former players, Kevin "Vic Reeves voice" Mbabu

seeing as we need anotehr fullback we should sign him back i think we even have first refusal

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Fabianski should not be allowed anywhere near Liverpool's goalkeeping coaches.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
that is way too much money for a goal keeper

this guy had better be loving something

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Oh my god Lukasz Fabianski is 33 years old. He’ll forever be like 24 in my mind.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

bewbies posted:

that is way too much money for a goal keeper

this guy had better be loving something

is it really though

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
With Schmeichel, Liverpool would finally have a league winner in the dressing room instead of a stable of bridesmaids.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Have we considered that Alisson is just a very pretty man and the price reflects that? Also, we're definitely paying a Salah tax to Roma.

Good signing imo.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Reprisal posted:

With Schmeichel, Liverpool would finally have a league winner in the dressing room instead of a stable of bridesmaids.

I’m a bit surprised Liverpool didn’t go for Schmeichel.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/KORFootballNews/status/1019364082590179328

Finally

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Wazzerphuk posted:

No no no no no he’s ours go awayyyyyyy

Or pay up, and I mean REALLY pay up :colbert:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

what

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
You mean you weren't waiting with bated breath to see where Mix could prove to Pep that he's ready to come home and dress for City?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

vyelkin posted:

Fabianski should not be allowed anywhere near Liverpool's goalkeeping coaches.

He managed to deal with Swansea hiring his old Arsenal coach (after his first world class season with Arsenal's new goalkeeping coach Javier Garcia). Eventually. There were six months where he went back to flapping at everything. gently caress Tony Roberts enjoy China you oval office.

He'd do better at a big club now than he did at Arsenal, where the lack of red meat meant he kept getting injured (hasn't missed a game in 3 years or something, now) and there was always massive pressure to impress on rare starts. West Ham have played a blinder getting him.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

would be cool if newcastle spent any money at all considering this is the second season in the premier league and they should have some.

You recovered that £90m loss you made getting promoted, then?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

In totally not a publicity stunt transfer news

https://twitter.com/EyersPaul/status/1018992852351647744

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
seriously though why are they going to pay that much money for a goalie

how much would buttland have cost? The Lazio guy? The Bilbao guy RM wanted? Oblak probably had a higher price tag so screw that.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Sent on loan to Sweden by both NYCFC and Man City and now to Korea, interesting career moves here

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

bewbies posted:

how much would buttland have cost? The Lazio guy? The Bilbao guy RM wanted? Oblak probably had a higher price tag so screw that.

butland got relegated and isn't that good

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
I think Liverpool should sign £75M keepers every season from now until they find one that works.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Having mixed feelings about this one

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol if chelsea agreed to sell courtois because they thought they were going to sign allison

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Apparently Alisson is done now except for medical, which might not be until Saturday.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jose posted:

lol if chelsea agreed to sell courtois because they thought they were going to sign allison

Maybe it'll become a Navas/Courtois swap like the De Gea fiaxco was supposed to be a few years ago

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

bewbies posted:

i agree. klopp out

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
Sum total, signing some attacking depth and a keeper for ~£80m is not ludicrous. I don't think we would have spent that kind of money without the value Shaqiri represented for the club.

That said, I don't see how Alisson is valued at that level and am very afraid we now own two Karius's.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

did you forget liverpool spending £60m on fabinho

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Myssu posted:

Apparently Alisson is done now except for medical, which might not be until Saturday.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jul/18/liverpool-increase-alisson-offer-and-close-on-world-record-deal

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Boys, I’m almost there...

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

oliwan posted:

do people still remember when I had a berbatov av, I don't want to be called a plastic when I celebrate Fulham's championship

I've got bad news for you.

Jose posted:

butland got relegated and isn't that good

Pickford also got relegated so that's not always a good way to judge individuals.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jose posted:

did you forget liverpool spending £60m on fabinho

And £62m on Keita.

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with the business the club has done over the past couple of seasons, but we've spent a lot of money in doing it.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Jose posted:

They agreed to sell Courtois because he's got a year left on his deal and has been romanticizing the idea of going back to live in Madrid to be with his kids ever since they were born. He would be gone on a free after this season.

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone care to speculate on who might be a realistic and good replacement for Mahrez at Leicester?

I personally think that Puel would be wrong to try and get a like for like replacement and should instead look to change tactics...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Joe Hart got relegated to the bench of some Maltese amateur team or something

• Locked thread