Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Calibanibal posted:

Ocasio won because she is q political savant

Is a stealth entry for the succiest lib galaxy brain take yet

running a year-long door to door grassroots campaign does in fact make you a political savant in a party where most candidates make a speech once a week and put out ads where they stare into the camera and talk about datacenters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

hell yeah

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Nah

she won because of good policy. Any idiot with a heart can do it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/unabanned/status/1019339684156190721

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Guys get this

It takes good policy and good effort and good organization and good demographics

Whoaaaaaa

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Calibanibal posted:

Nah

let me guess, you don’t live in New York

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Nixon absolutely must concede!!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Born and raised lol

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

GalacticAcid posted:

why is this chloe

is there a serious contention that cynthia nixon is as skilled or serious a political animal as ocasio

get your succ out of my face

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's very simple: Cynthia is going to win because the pundits think that there's no way she will, and the pundits are wrong about everything.

counterpoint: better things aren't possible and AOC was an outlier. Either that or in this hellscape timeline Joe Crowley is gonna win on his 3rd party ballot

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Calibanibal posted:

Born and raised lol

Well, sorry but I disagree with your takes

“Good ideas will win” is the most utopian poo poo imaginable and is like, platonic liberalism

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

Lmao at serving 28 years in the military and having to drive Uber to make ends meet

It's amazing how that tweet seems to be going in that direction but then it's about russia bullshit lmao

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

The Nastier Nate posted:

counterpoint: better things aren't possible and AOC was an outlier. Either that or in this hellscape timeline Joe Crowley is gonna win on his 3rd party ballot

search your feelings

it's the latter

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
if joe crowley wins on a 3rd party run that would be funny as gently caress

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

GalacticAcid posted:

Well, sorry but I disagree with your takes

“Good ideas will win” is the most utopian poo poo imaginable and is like, platonic liberalism

I contend that peak liberalism would be "smartest ideas will win"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Zhulik posted:

tru

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1019296699200802817

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Zhulik posted:

no peak liberalism would be saying that smartest ideas will win but then only putting forward dumb-as-poo poo ideas

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

no peak liberalism would be saying that smartest ideas will win but then only putting forward dumb-as-poo poo ideas

and then refusing to campaign on these ideas beyond directing everyone to your meticulously crafted website

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Shear Modulus posted:

"The smartest ideas will win" where "smartest" means "involving the most steps and moving parts while accomplishing as little as possible"

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

onion status: radical

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
more like The Onion Dome....since they’re working for PUTIN!!!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

loquacius posted:

"The smartest ideas will win" where "smartest" means "involving the most steps and moving parts while accomplishing as little as possible"

someone no doubt thought this was a good idea after the dems were called rubes on their way to an aipac lobbyist meeting

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Majorian posted:

Replace Disney's Hall of Presidents with just a hall of Marx animatronics.

"It's a prole world after all, it's a prole world after all..."

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Calibanibal posted:

Nah

some might call her...a policy wonk

except you can only use that label for extreme poo poo-for-brains worms pro-status quo triangulation and bombing brown people

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/unabanned/status/1019346189974757378

he may be the guy who won the election, but you are the one who didn't alright good talk

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
look at these liberal brainworms....she's convinced that actually campaigning helped her win...disgusting

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1012816020476743680

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Until recently, the go-to way to let others know your ideas were Smartest was to announce that you were fiscally conservative, but socially liberal.

However, I don't see this particular proclamation as much anymore. What are the latest developments in sorcerous succ incantations?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
"commonsense"

"across the aisle"

"bipartisan"

"fresh thinking"

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

capitalist to my bones

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm extremely mad to find out that 30 rock did the fiscally liberal socially conservative bit years ago

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
right wing liberals are particularly taken with 'fresh thinking' it seems like

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

mastershakeman posted:

fiscally liberal socially conservative

what's funny is this is a vastly bigger voting bloc than the inverse despite being treated as a punchline

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Zhulik posted:

Until recently, the go-to way to let others know your ideas were Smartest was to announce that you were fiscally conservative, but socially liberal.

However, I don't see this particular proclamation as much anymore. What are the latest developments in sorcerous succ incantations?

They usually involve the word "access"

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

mastershakeman posted:

I'm extremely mad to find out that 30 rock did the fiscally liberal socially conservative bit years ago

Dennis Duffy was a proto-chud

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
oh and i forgot "sexy"

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Access to means tested data center consolidation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008