Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Unlucky7 posted:

What makes Hunters Munitions good? I do not quite get it by just looking at the description, and I thought focus on the physical damage types was situational at best?

Focusing on +Physical Damage is usually bad, but the actual physical Slash effect is extremely good since it does high damage over time that stacks and ignores armor. At the same time, many weapons with a high Critical chance are very good since you can build them to do huge Critical damage and crit often, and Hunter Munitions gives every critical hit a good chance of stacking on some Slash. Also, the Slash damage over time for Hunter Munitions procs is generated by the weapon's max damage, not the amount of slash damage in its damage spread, so HM is a way to make a weapon a slash weapon as long as it's a crit weapon even if its innate slash damage is terrible.

Also it makes people die in insane blood fountains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Night10194 posted:

:words:

Also it makes people die in insane blood fountains.

Just tell them the important bits.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I do have a Soma Prime that I have set for high crit chance, plus Serration and Corrosive Damage. Will HM benefit that? Sorry I am at work so I can't show the mod loadout.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I really need to get a new amp. I just hate the eidolon fights so much

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm neutral on the eidolon fights. Farming wisps is trivially easy and exceedingly boring but requires enough attention that you can't just do it in the background. I've complained about it before in the thread, I just hate it so much.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 18, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it sure was nice how for the operator mastery test and harrow quest they stick you in the default operator with the default amp and no passives

I had my 111 Amp for the Harrow's thing.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
The update added extended versions of Ballas's theme and Excalibur Umbra's theme to the somachord. Extracted files are through the two links.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

750 hours into this terrible game and finally Despair dropped for me. I didn't think I'd ever see the day.

Still no Hate in sight tho.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

New Tennogen skins today. Enjoy looking at things you will not buy because they cost $6 each and you can't use platinum on them!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Unlucky7 posted:

I do have a Soma Prime that I have set for high crit chance, plus Serration and Corrosive Damage. Will HM benefit that? Sorry I am at work so I can't show the mod loadout.

Anything with a high crit and reasonably high rate of fire will benefit from HM, yes. The more slash procs you can stack up the faster the better.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Really, it's gotten so that on my high crit automatics, I just put HM and Vigilante Armaments where I would've put the stuff for Corrosive before.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sarsapariller posted:

New Tennogen skins today. Enjoy looking at things you will not buy because they cost $6 each and you can't use platinum on them!

speak for yourself

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Unlucky7 posted:

Swap out viral for corrosive because slash prices ignore armor and you should be good.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Oh neat, those are nice. I’ll just sit here patiently with my Nidus.

Waiting.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I like the Oberon one the most

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Jack Trades posted:

750 hours into this terrible game and finally Despair dropped for me. I didn't think I'd ever see the day.

Still no Hate in sight tho.

1300 hours off and on and I got Hate like 2 weeks ago.

I could fill the world with Dread.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
HM is a dumb, poorly designed mod that lets crit weapons have better status damage than 100% status weapons. The only mod worse than it is probably maiming strike that lets any melee weapon be a crit weapon.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

hagie posted:

1300 hours off and on and I got Hate like 2 weeks ago.

I could fill the world with Dread.

Sounds reasonable.
So how many hours in will I get my first legendary core then? 2k?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Sarsapariller posted:

No god dammit I already want to spend like eighty dollars that I don't have. gently caress I think all of those except the Nova skin are either good or superb.

Jack Trades posted:

Sounds reasonable.
So how many hours in will I get my first legendary core then? 2k?

~2400 Steam hours here, I've never seen one. Then again my buddy who only recently came back and has played less than 200 got a legendary core two days ago.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hm is a necessary stopgap solution to the problem of slash status being flat out the strongest thing in the game for anything that isn't outright immune to it.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

Sarsapariller posted:

Yeah. :smith:

That Nova skin is so good too, exactly what I'd wanted for her. All we PC plat-plebs get is DE's "deluxe" fly-faced Nova skin which is hideous except for the shiva-arm thing. JFC.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

For the record I really love fighting eidolons -- I just hate pugging it (which I've done a lot of now :shepicide: ) because it's such a crapshoot. If I'm playing (on either of my accounts, though of course my alliance-only main account is FAR more geared/focus-progressed), I will dolon with goons every time if I catch the call to x up.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Plastic Pal posted:

because it's such a crapshoot. If I

This is why I mostly play with pubs, tbh. Something fun about fighting alongside a Sprint Boost aura Rhino in a Lephantis sortie. Finally justifies that stack of ammo pizzas I keep around.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hm is a necessary stopgap solution to the problem of slash status being flat out the strongest thing in the game for anything that isn't outright immune to it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure HM would fall in line real quick if they did a damage/armor/procs rework.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I got really lucky on enemy placement in Adaro last night.

I also got an amusing riven drop today. Looks like it's time to rebuild the fart gun!

edit: ya, that 1/5 dispo really hurts its prospects.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 19, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Finally bought, rolled, and ranked up a riven for my favorite gun in the game, Sonicor.
I have 6 Forma in that baby but it seems like there's nothing that can make it a good gun. :(

I just want it to be good enough to be able to kill poo poo in sorties but no matter how much resources I pump into it, it just refuses to become usable, it's such a shame.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Is it a gun that farts, or a gun that shoots farts? This is an important distinction.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that's kind of because the sonicor exists to knock things down. it's not really going to reliably kill things.

it's entirely usable, you're just trying to hammer a nail with the point of a screwdriver.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Is it a gun that farts, or a gun that shoots farts? This is an important distinction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugVXgpTO02w

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

that's kind of because the sonicor exists to knock things down. it's not really going to reliably kill things.

it's entirely usable, you're just trying to hammer a nail with the point of a screwdriver.

It feels soo good to use in lower level missions though.
You shoot it once, sparks go flying everywhere, the projectile explodes and then all the enemies in a good radius go crunch and their bodies scatter all the gently caress around. Also you can't hurt yourself and the rate of fire is good.

I have used like 90% of all weapons in the game and there's still nothing that feel quite as satisfying to use as a Sonicor. :(

EDIT: Additionally if you're playing Mirage and you fire Sonicor nonstop then nobody can see anything except sparks and everything dies. It's great.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 19, 2018

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i get what you're saying, but the damage absolutely doesn't scale at all and it's because it purely exists to punt enemies around like dolls. technically rivens exist for the thing but at best they're going to be used for quality of life stats for it. you're really never going to be tackling sorties with it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

i get what you're saying, but the damage absolutely doesn't scale at all and it's because it purely exists to punt enemies around like dolls. technically rivens exist for the thing but at best they're going to be used for quality of life stats for it. you're really never going to be tackling sorties with it.

Yeah, you're right, it's just a shame that you can't turn it into a sortie-usable gun even with a riven and infinite forma.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I suppose it WAS too much to hope for actual fart sound effects.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Synthbuttrange posted:

switching the launcher to german worked, ridiculously enough

Oh scheisse

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Just failed Mastery 11 test after easily handling the practice runs, because of a bug where the orbs don't appear which has apparently been happening for months. Super cool

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What are the best things to purchase with real money? I'm having a lot of fun with the game so I want to toss some money at the devs.

I've heard there are daily rewards that give up to 75% off on platinum, is that the best deal if I get that lucky?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Yeah, you're right, it's just a shame that you can't turn it into a sortie-usable gun even with a riven and infinite forma.

I mean not by itself, but if you want to quick melee through sorties then it's still fun and good.

I tried the staticor a long time ago and wasn't the biggest fan of it. But something changed, or I was just dumb before, because it's replaced the sonicor for me. Ragdolls and bounces people around almost as well, especially if we aren't talking sortie level enemies, and it can still put out a pretty decent punch.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What are the best things to purchase with real money? I'm having a lot of fun with the game so I want to toss some money at the devs.

I've heard there are daily rewards that give up to 75% off on platinum, is that the best deal if I get that lucky?

Ya, those are rare but you can get up to 75% off with a lucky log in reward.

The best things to spend that plat on would be warframe and weapon slots, then weapon orokin catalysts, then warframe orokin reactors. Then buy a bunch of cosmetics because you need more things to color and fashion frame is fun, start with color pallets, a couple capes/syandanas, and an armor set or three. Then save some just in case you find out you want to buy ultra rare mods that are either a pain to grind for or we can't give you. You may also wish to just straight up buy a frame in the future, or a part or two from warframe dot market just to ease the grind a little. You could save some for buying forma but i usually recommend people play for a bit and start selling things for plat before spending it on forma.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 19, 2018

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Absolutely. I got 2 of them within a week and ended up with like 2000 plat for like $25

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Yeah, there are coupons that for 25%, 50%, and 75% off plat available as daily rewards, and it is never a bad idea to go for the highest amount you are comfortable paying for plat once you do get one. If nothing else, having a few hundred plat lying around means you don't need to worry about inventory slots, which really is the only gameplay throttle in service of F2P that they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

weapon slots and warframe slots and cosmetics