Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I shall be with you always.

For I am a mediocre bougie white guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

the secret is to have a dog. when vanya's in a good mood he spends all day looking at things and going WOW, it's impossible not to share his enthusiasm

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

avshalemon posted:

the secret is to have a dog. when vanya's in a good mood he spends all day looking at things and going WOW, it's impossible not to share his enthusiasm

I wish I lived in an apartment that made a dog more practical but even if it was allowed I live up five flights of stairs and I don’t feel like it works

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

HorrificExistence posted:

sorry to bother you was really good, it will be lost on the american public tho

it doesn't have a release date in aotearoa-newzealand yet !!!

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

HorrificExistence fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 18, 2018

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Happy birthday to Nelson Mandela, MIA, Vin Diesel, and me!

avshalemon posted:

we have at most eighty years before every single one of us posting itt is dead, except for chelb the everlasting

That would have me dying in my 40s which is 10 years below the average age for males in my family so that clearly cant happen. :colbert:

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
i've finally been accused of being a russian agent because I was railing against crowley! they used the fact that I lived there as a gottya, it was awesome.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Furnaceface posted:

Happy birthday to Nelson Mandela, MIA, Vin Diesel, and me!

That would have me dying in my 40s which is 10 years below the average age for males in my family so that clearly cant happen. :colbert:

you're negative 40?!?!!

how is the prelife

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

i've finally been accused of being a russian agent because I was railing against crowley! they used the fact that I lived there as a gottya, it was awesome.

I've also seen you rush B, so they might have a point.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/jpostjewish/status/1019424033538957313?s=21

ah,

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Wait where the gently caress is there anyone who is pro Crowley

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Catalyst-proof posted:

If it helps, I'm not surprised; your reaction was fairly predictable.

But I've done some workshopping with my crack team of neurons and I'm just going to provide a quick share-out of what really resonated with our focus group:

- Democrats: Enough is Enough
- Democrats: Raise Your Sights
- Democrats: Our Lives, Fortunes, and Honor
- Democrats: Honest Statecraft
- Democrats: Where We Could Be
- Democrats: Our True Potential

Feel free to pick these apart with 10x the ferocity of the slogan that was actually released.

lol

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

the democratic party

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

democrats: toys for rear end bum

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

https://twitter.com/ConnieBallou/status/1019017658589736960

The whole thread is full of poo poo like this.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
the best thing about the soviet union was the extras for historical epics

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

new nancy is good

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/18/arts/guillotine-auction.html

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

quote:

What type of person buys a guillotine? Mr. Février said his purchase had nothing to do with any kind of fetish — “I’m not into that scene at all” — and that he was just interested in collecting unique objects, such as “rare pieces of art and racecars with exceptional track records.”
today i learnt there are enough guillotine fetishists to constitute a "scene"

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
This Ain’t A Scene, It’s A Goddamn Revolution

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Also avs is this you
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qs_-emj1qR4

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
A rare art and racecar collector buying up any available guillotine seems like uncommon foresight to me, moreso than anything else.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
I think the n-word has unfortunately become the go-to Most Offensive Word for dumb teenagers. They might not even know who the skin color of the person they're talking to is. They'll just say it because they know it will offend someone.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

LookingGodIntheEye posted:

I think the n-word has unfortunately become the go-to Most Offensive Word for dumb teenagers. They might not even know who the skin color of the person they're talking to is. They'll just say it because they know it will offend someone.

What did you buy your first video game console this week

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

legit i have never met an animal that doesn't like being sung to, even the quails stop and pay attention

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Volkerball posted:

What did you buy your first video game console this week

my job involves supervising construction work, which has brought me into close contact with your beloved salt of the earth workingman and i can say with much authority, they suck

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
which is funny because the salt of the earth workingman i met in restaurant work were hit or miss, but they weren't all uniformly terrible like this

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
went to art gallery

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

my job involves supervising construction work, which has brought me into close contact with your beloved salt of the earth workingman and i can say with much authority, they suck

extremely true even when you consider all the meth they're on to counter the opiates they have to take

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I always suspected you were still among the managerial class. :colbert:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

I always suspected you were still among the managerial class. :colbert:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1019471467304513537

lmao

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

musky upset it wasn’t even a foot long

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
kendrick lamar accidentally said it was great to be in auckland, australia, which led to a chant of "you hosed up" where i was sitting lol

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

exmarx posted:

kendrick lamar accidentally said it was great to be in auckland, australia, which led to a chant of "you hosed up" where i was sitting lol

probably laughing harder than I should that people can't even remember new Zealand while there

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

exmarx posted:

if you're at the spark arena, i have a spiritual connection to the place because at age seventeen it's where i screamed I LOVE YOU MISTER COHEN at lenny c during the quiet chords at the start of boogie street, making him flinch visibly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

they say on quiet nights you can still hear the echo

• Locked thread