Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

:blastu: :piss:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

Sagebrush posted:

so is there a reason that cop had to pull up behind the car and dump two magazines into the general vicinity of the driver's seat while driving with one hand instead of, say, hanging back and following from a safe distance while some other cops set up a roadblock

because people like you would then complain they let two madmen who aren't afraid to shoot at police get away to commit more crime.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Sagebrush posted:

so is there a reason that cop had to pull up behind the car and dump two magazines into the general vicinity of the driver's seat while driving with one hand instead of, say, hanging back and following from a safe distance while some other cops set up a roadblock

Yeah, they other car is actively shooting at the cop cars. Policy in that case is to work as fast as you can to neutralize the threat, which in this case means playing bumper cars and wrecking your windshield.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

BloodRed posted:

because people like you would then complain they let two madmen who aren't afraid to shoot at police get away to commit more crime.

well, madmen who only shoot at police are still better than madmen who shoot at civilians, and we give the latter ones badges and uniforms

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
I think the guy in the car wash they shot and tried to murder before fleeing probably had a uniform, though it's unclear if he had a badge.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

The background is that the guys in the SUV had just murdered a guy at a car wash a few hours earlier. That, combined with the shooting at the police during the chase presumably opened the door to some ...unconventional techniques. The shooting while driving down a residential street part still seems inadvisable to me, but the justification to do what it takes to stop the guys they were chasing seems solid to me.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

:patriot:

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

Panic and bad decisions affect every job, like diving into the pig waste lagoon to help get someone else out.

Seriously, there's no reason to be shooting out of a vehicle while it's moving unless you have nothing to lose, or you're not the one driving. Especially if you're doing two-hand shooting at high speed.

But I'm focusing on the actual OSHA aspect of the clip, and trying not to devolve into another cops derail.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

tactlessbastard posted:

I got forwarded a prayer chain email that's pretty OSHA:

So and so was trimming a tree and fell off his ladder, falling 15 feet and landing on his chainsaw. Airlifted to XXX, chainsaw cut his face, bad back pain and no feeling in his legs.

So homeboy (a distant cousin) was actually in a front end loader and a limb he cut knocked him out of the bucket.

Bad back pain turned out to be c5 and t3 fractures and the initial report of cut to his face was apparently more like removed his face. :magical:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Boy, I bet he was red-faced!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

deglovedfaced, what a way to go.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

How OSHA is it to shoot at a dog if it's right next to a little girl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlV9ubSCfjs

Also, completely missed the dog.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Locator posted:

Disarm cops.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

chitoryu12 posted:

Disarm cops.

Frankly that's a bit of a soft measure that won't get to the base of the issue.

you gotta take their legs too

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Pretty sure this has been posted in this thread before: South African motorcycle officer chasing a car and firing at it, all in a residential area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n8KrdixvZc

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

Jet Jaguar posted:

Pretty sure this has been posted in this thread before: South African motorcycle officer chasing a car and firing at it, all in a residential area.

The no-hands at speed while he readies his gun is some purestrain OSHA :350:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Sagebrush posted:

well, madmen who only shoot at police are still better than madmen who shoot at civilians, and we give the latter ones badges and uniforms

Yes I'm sure the fleeing criminals took the time to only shoot at the officers when no other civilians were anywhere near the police behind them. This while speeding through traffic risking the lives of everyone on the road resulting in them driving into an elementary school. But I"m sure they called ahead and warned the school to clear out first. Truly they are the heroes.

Please go be a raging idiot like this in D&D where it's welcome.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 19, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That's not even the most badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p47ONDlR9aY

This one is pretty justifiable because:

1. It's an isolated country road at night so there's not really anyone in danger from the gunfire.

2. The bad guy was shooting at the cops so they could shoot back.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ChesterJT posted:

Yes I'm sure the fleeing criminals took the time to only shoot at the officers when no other civilians were anywhere near the police behind them. This while speeding through traffic risking the lives of everyone on the road resulting in them driving into an elementary school. But I"m sure they called ahead and warned the school to clear out first. Truly they are the heroes.

Cops are murderers and psychotics who only act for the good of sociopaths and slaveowners.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Cops are murderers and psychotics who only act for the good of sociopaths and slaveowners.

To be fair some of them are just plain old rapists

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChesterJT posted:

lol no. go gently caress off yourself. Cops shouldn't be endangering the lives of random innocent people, there's other ways to deal with something like this than shooting at them in the middle of a residential area.

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jul 19, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ChesterJT posted:

I'm pretty sure they crashed into an elementary school because the cop shot the driver. It wasn't intentional.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

That's not even the most badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p47ONDlR9aY

This one is pretty justifiable because:

1. It's an isolated country road at night so there's not really anyone in danger from the gunfire.

2. The bad guy was shooting at the cops so they could shoot back.

Nah, shooting in a closed cab with an assault rifle is a good way to not hear anything for hours, if ever again.

How could they not consider just two guys jumping in one car if they're going to shoot while moving? It's literally the purpose of calling shotgun :shrug:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BloodRed posted:

Oh no not a complaint

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am pretty sure that in a first world country cops shooting through their own windshield in a car chase in an urban area like some bad action movies is unacceptable behaviour resulting in criminal prosecution of said officer regardless of suspects actions.

Don’t go around enabling this kind of preventable OHSA behaviour please.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FLYING MULTI-ROTOR BOAT CAR.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-44881678

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Multirotors seem like the absolute worst type of airframe to scale up to carry people. They're inefficient, unstable, and at least with a helicopter you can autorotate to the ground if something goes wrong with your engine.

I have a feeling that they've become more popular for stupid poo poo like that is because you have a flight controller handling the stability, so their "pilots" don't have to be knowledgeable in pesky things like aerodynamics since movement in 3D space is completely fly-by-wire. Good luck when one of your props fails tho

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Where you simulate something bad happening by landing in a ball pit! (One wonders if you can pay for an extra hour in the ball pit...)

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://i.imgur.com/EjNPXoG.mp4

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og3ehicxwJk

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm pretty sure they crashed into an elementary school because the cop shot the driver. It wasn't intentional.

Oh, well then no problem then!

D&D is leaking. Pull up thread!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Posted this before in PYF in a follow-up to the same clip - it's a South African motorcycle shooting while chasing the BMW:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/uqg5jlyjcqjj6uzj1p0b.mp4

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Bah, this is how you're supposed to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XeHE9KVhSI

And Brazilian cops seriously give no fucks. Not even the tiniest little gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOyjficI0hE

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Don't post the videos you jerk off to, Phanatic.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChesterJT posted:

D&D is leaking. Pull up thread!

Nah, it's just that it turns out there aren't as many pieces of poo poo to back you up in GBS as you thought. Luckily some came by to help you out after you posted that i guess.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
how does this relate to me being allowed to speak with aleksey and connie

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Coxswain Balls posted:

Good luck when one of your props fails tho

Couldn't that be easily handled by shutting down the opposing prop and making a controlled emergency landing with 8?

Although, a 200 pound passenger weight limit isn't going to fly in America :btroll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The Locator posted:

Yea im not watching that with the info you gave and no followup that says "the child didnt die or wasnt seriously maimed for life"

Otherwise its smutt. SMUTT!