Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Taintrunner posted:

the insane theranos lady was BFFs with the Clintons and held fundraisers for Hillary in 2016 lmfao

That hot take that Alexandria Ocasia-Cortez only won because Hillary opened the door lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

i say swears online posted:

I dont remember this

she didn't actually say it, SNL doing a parody of her did, iirc.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Peanut President posted:

she didn't actually say it, SNL doing a parody of her did, iirc.

Yeah the closest she got to that was saying she was good at foreign policy because Russia is close

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

zegermans posted:

Yeah the closest she got to that was saying she was good at foreign policy because Russia is close

Sarah Palin failed to protect our election when Putin reared his head

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ikanreed posted:

Sarah Palin failed to protect our election when Putin reared his head

she cut and ran

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

got any sevens posted:

she cut and ran

Oh man. The entire 2004 election. I'm remembering that funny politics poo poo right now.

Dems picking Kerry because they thought Gore had been "too left" and 9/11 made them insane
Purple heart band aid fat gently caress
"Don't change horses mid stream"
None of the Dems admitting Iraq was dumb as hell
"You forgot Poland"

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

ikanreed posted:

I'll always remember this. I think there was a an official site where you could generate your own campaign signs and it was immediately put to excellent use.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

ikanreed posted:

Oh man. The entire 2004 election. I'm remembering that funny politics poo poo right now.

Dems picking Kerry because they thought Gore had been "too left" and 9/11 made them insane
"You forgot Poland"

SWIFTBOAT VETERANS FOR TRUTH

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

ikanreed posted:

im trying hard not to be such a gently caress as i get older, but i legitimately and unironically hope she died of a very painful and very unaffordable cancer

edit: thankfully it was a long illness
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/patricia-peale-obituary?pid=186549283

Asbury has issued a correction as of 22:54 on Jul 17, 2018

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

SWIFTBOAT VETERANS FOR TRUTH

http://www.swiftvets.com

blast from the past

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

lol the people maintaining that site still dont realize they were just pawns

quote:

Sen. John Kerry's 2004 presidential bid became the catalyst for an unprecedented political movement by Vietnam veterans who had long resented his false 1971 testimony that American troops routinely committed war crimes.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Sitting on the Occidental's advisory board is a who's who of the national anti-immigration movement, including Virginia Abernathy, a Vanderbilt University professor and self-avowed "separationist" who is directing a contentious anti-immigrant Arizona ballot measure, Protect Arizona Now. Also on the board is Brent Nelson of the American Immigration Control Foundation. He's working with a coalition of anti-immigrant groups to support the congressional campaigns of Republican candidates who have opposed more lenient immigration policies. The Occidental's publisher is William Regnery II, a white nationalist and heir to the fortune of Regnery Publishing Inc., which recently published Unfit for Command: Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry.

Via White Noise in the American Prospect. The whole thing is an astonishing read -- published August 31, 2004.

quote:

Says Taylor: "The amazing thing about Republicans is they keep saying, 'If we could only get 12 percent instead of 2 percent of Hispanics to vote for us, we'd be in fat city.' All they need to do is raise their percentage of the white vote one-half a percent and that would make much more difference than all of this futile pandering to minorities. Clearly Bush is going to have sacrificed votes all over the country, although how many is hard to say."

According to Devin Burghart, director of the Center for New Community, a Chicago-based group that monitors the far right, rising anger against the Bush administration's immigration policy within the GOP could provide a prime opportunity for the white nationalist and anti-immigrant movements to incorporate their ideologies into the party.

"There is a huge backlash right now, and, quite frankly, if Bush loses, there's going to be quite a bloodletting within the GOP,” Burghart says. “If the anti-immigrant folks can demonstrate that ‘compassionate conservatism' was somehow responsible for turning away the Republican base and losing the election, they can move their politics from the fringes into the mainstream.”

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

lol the people maintaining that site still dont realize they were just pawns

lol it wasnt false

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

cenotaph posted:

I'll always remember this. I think there was a an official site where you could generate your own campaign signs and it was immediately put to excellent use.

ill never forget that because they strait up stole that line from wag the dog

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The founding of the Canadian Confederation was basically a con job and only happened because the Fathers of the Confederation were completely shitfaced.

Everyone in that picture is horribly hungover.

The maritime provinces tried to back out once they realized the horrible mistake that was Canada, but decided to stay on after John A MacDonald (our first prime minister, an alcoholic racist genocide-lover) promised them all kind of poo poo they needed. Most of these things, of course, never happened.

:canada:

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Imagine living in a fake country like Canada

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
So Canada was literally a mistake?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Farrier Theaks posted:

lol the daily beast is such poo poo

jeffrey lewis is cool and good, at least

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Farrier Theaks posted:

im trying hard not to be such a gently caress as i get older, but i legitimately and unironically hope she died of a very painful and very unaffordable cancer

edit: thankfully it was a long illness
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/patricia-peale-obituary?pid=186549283

finally, some good news :toot:

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

ur in my world now posted:

finally, some good news :toot:

I kind of want to deface the comments/guestbook since a person like her does not deserve peaceful eternal slumber. However I'm very lazy and no one except an AI millennia in the future scraping the dregs of the original internet to discover the source of their meat ancestors extinction while building the universe's most advanced ancestor simulation will ever see it anyway. So meh.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The military dude that lets Nick Cage go at the end of Lord of War is credited as Oliver Southern

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Shaffness posted:

I kind of want to deface the comments/guestbook since a person like her does not deserve peaceful eternal slumber. However I'm very lazy and no one except an AI millennia in the future scraping the dregs of the original internet to discover the source of their meat ancestors extinction while building the universe's most advanced ancestor simulation will ever see it anyway. So meh.

:effort:

assuming that "long illness" meant cancer

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/dry0ats/status/1019249028486311936

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

I don't feel no ways tired

https://youtu.be/DGDm4jkDbGQ

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

similarly, Jon Ossoff trying to mimic Obama's cadence and timbre whenever he talked

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Shaffness posted:

it probably wont get posted but if it does my contribution is under last name Ucunt, first name Eatmyass

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ikanreed posted:

"You forgot Poland"

free speech zones

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Free fire zones.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

similarly, Jon Ossoff trying to mimic Obama's cadence and timbre whenever he talked

lol that's pretty bad

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Donkwich posted:

free speech zones

Lol, not 2k4, but mission accomplished

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

Deal Me In

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
that one interlocking part

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Paris in the the spring

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Rush Limbaugh was obsessed with 'uppity' black footballers, particularly Donovan McNabb

“I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.” - that got him fired from ESPN in 2003

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.” - typical on-air Rush quote made in 2007

Then in 2009 he tried to buy a stake in the St. Louis Rams but was blocked, largely by NFL union leader DeMaurice Smith; Limbaugh focused his ire on Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Barack Obama

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Filthy Hans posted:

Rush Limbaugh was obsessed with 'uppity' black footballers, particularly Donovan McNabb

“I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.” - that got him fired from ESPN in 2003

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.” - typical on-air Rush quote made in 2007

Then in 2009 he tried to buy a stake in the St. Louis Rams but was blocked, largely by NFL union leader DeMaurice Smith; Limbaugh focused his ire on Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Barack Obama

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc
why are lib media, NFL, and true racism standing in for the U.S. Marshals, shouldn't they be the ones throwing tomatoes

gently caress Mike Lester

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

MonsieurChoc posted:

The founding of the Canadian Confederation was basically a con job and only happened because the Fathers of the Confederation were completely shitfaced.

Everyone in that picture is horribly hungover.

The maritime provinces tried to back out once they realized the horrible mistake that was Canada, but decided to stay on after John A MacDonald (our first prime minister, an alcoholic racist genocide-lover) promised them all kind of poo poo they needed. Most of these things, of course, never happened.

:canada:

you gotta give me more man!

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

A bunch of gop dudes going to russia on the 4th of july, pretending they were in the US, ane coming back suuuuper pro russia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Peanut President posted:

you gotta give me more man!

This was off the top of my head, stuff I remembered from my history. I'll see if I can't find a more detailed version.

Would make for a good Dollop.