Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Gologle posted:

What kind of Saber doesn't shoot beams my dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

nice assassins

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Clawtopsy posted:

*vomits blood*

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There's a melty blood manga being fan translated currently that has some connections with FGO. Lev is in it. It's also pretty funny in its own right. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

I want many volumes of this.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I’m still waiting for Neco Arc Chaos in this game

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Solovey posted:

grand ruler hammurabi or bust, imo

not emptyquoting

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Vengarr posted:

Arc would make sense as Grand Berserker, but IIRC she straight-up cannot exist in any world capable of supporting Servants.

sounds like a job for RULE BREAKAH

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Captain Baal posted:

I’m still waiting for Neco Arc Chaos in this game

Max chaos is that they team up with Nobbus

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

okay im calling bullshit the forest is literally two feet away

If I'm reading this right, it sounds like there might actually be an explanation? I didn't get a screenshot, but I think there was a line about how they weren't just frozen trees but were actually made directly out of ice. That means it might not count as a forest.

Vengarr posted:

Arc would make sense as Grand Berserker, but IIRC she straight-up cannot exist in any world capable of supporting Servants.

You say that like it's not one of those type moon absolute rules that won't just get thrown out the window the second the Tsukihime collab is announced to promote the remake. If they ever finish it.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I still don't have a clue why we need a Sigurd when we have a perfectly viable Siegfried.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Wuxi posted:

I still don't have a clue why we need a Sigurd when we have a perfectly viable Siegfried.

One's a dragonslayer, the other's a chuunibyou.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Argas posted:

One's a dragonslayer, the other's a chuunibyou.

Thank you for supporting my point, friend

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Siegfried doesn't wear glasses and isn't voiced by Seto Kaiba, so that is why we need Sig

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

Siegfried doesn't wear glasses and isn't voiced by Seto Kaiba, so that is why we need Sig

Yeah, but Siegfried doesnt need a dumber and less cool version to make him look good, he's great on his own.

They did a story chapter called Götterdämmerung and then decided to not feature Siegfried in it :psyduck:
Thats like removing any mention of Artoria from Camelot.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Well I don't recall seeing that name in camelot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wuxi posted:

Yeah, but Siegfried doesnt need a dumber and less cool version to make him look good, he's great on his own.

They did a story chapter called Götterdämmerung and then decided to not feature Siegfried in it :psyduck:
because sigurd was in it. sigurd had been in the files since launch and had been mentioned a lot. this isnt some random thing, they've built up to this for years, dude. and siegfried was featured heavily in the f/apo event just a few months ago. there's no reason to put siegfried in to distract from sigurd, who was a heavily anticipated character and is one of the big focuses of the chapter.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Wuxi posted:

It's more like using a goddess Lancer alternate history version of her.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I think it's cool that they have another five star dude Saber and the concept and design for valkyrie is awesome

I'm only mad that I didn't get either after 3 full rolls. Meanwhile in NA just got Gawain from a single roll. Yet again, more proof that single rolling is better.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Compendium posted:

I think it's cool that they have another five star dude Saber and the concept and design for valkyrie is awesome

I'm only mad that I didn't get either after 3 full rolls. Meanwhile in NA just got Gawain from a single roll. Yet again, more proof that single rolling is better.
yah you got gawain tho

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I just feel that by focussing on Brynhildr and Sigurd they kinda remove the best part of the Nibelungensaga.

Or in other words, give me Avenger Kriemhild and I'm happy.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Gawain is good

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Broke down and made another two 10-pulls. NP3 Gawain, and Lartoria! Huzzah! This makes up for my complete inability to pull Saberlot on Camelot 1

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
In a bout of madness, I did two 10 rolls yesterday and ended up with Sigurd, Valk, and NP4 Saberlot :toot: I'm only halfway into section 4 but god this chapter is traumatic.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Where did you get this, and where can I get more?

MonsieurChoc posted:

As long as we're thinking of Servants that won't happen...

Caster Vlad Dracula
A version of Dracula who really did become a vampire, and eventually created a secret society of vampires who attempt to become superior to vampires. From a timeline of darkness.

If we're doing that, I'll go with an idea I heard in this thread before:

Archer: Simo Hayha
Father of the modern-day Sniper, a Finnish farmer who took up arms to defend his homeland against invasion. His mastery of the land, high endurance and hundreds of victories earned him the name 'White Death' among his enemies. Despite his youth as a Servant, his military legend qualifies him to serve as a Heroic Spirit.

QQAAB

Independent Action A
Territory Creation C

Winter's Mantle (CD 8-6)
Apply Evade (3 attacks)
Increase Critical Damage (10-25%)

Iron Will (CD 7-5)
Gain Guts, Self (5 turns, 1000 Hp)
Increase Q.Star Generation (15-30%)

Covering Fire (CD 7)
High chance to inflict stun on one opponent next turn

Noble Phantasm: Winter's War
A recreation of the snow-cloaked forests of his life at twilight that disorients foes and provides perfect cover. He can move seamlessly to any point without the enemy's knowledge, always giving him the perfect vantage for a shot.
Quick, lowers ATK and DEF of a single enemy (25%, 3 turns, increase to 50% with overcharge), deals significant damage to one enemy, and damage increased to stunned enemies (50%, increases with overcharge)

The idea is for an ST archer that's designed around surviving enemy attacks, building up NP with critical attacks, then setting up/stunning and destroying his target. The debuffs allow for other damage dealers with Buster decks to stack NP, or for Hayha to deal a finishing shot after being boosted. His Speed comes from his short time in the field (approx. 100 days, with over 500 kills), and his endurance comes from the extended time he'd remain still, waiting for an enemy to ambush. Iron Will Recounts the time he survived an exploding bullet that tore through his jaw. Covering Fire is based on his tactic of striking opponents who were attacking another target, often Finnish artillery, and kill them without being seen.

On his own, he's a survivable ST Archer, but due to his youth as a Servant doesn't have a high health pool or attack stat, relying on his partners to help deal damage and keep him out of focus. Works well on Quick and Arts teams that feed to his strengths.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
As you know, I absolutely love to die

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

focusing on bryn is good actually

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Scrounged up some more quartz (thank you EoR for all those bond points) and got Sigurd :toot: Also got Shinjuku Assassin in the same roll, JP has been pretty kind to me lately.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
Only started playing this game last week, are the upcoming summer characters and other rare ones as effective as the regular ones, or are they gimmick based but can only be rolled rarely so people want them more?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's no different than any other set of new servants, some are better than others and in the end all servants if you think about it are gimmick based and it just depends on what that gimmick is and how well it can be made to work in your current or future teams. In this case pretty much all of the new servants besides maybe Marie are very good, with Tamamo Lancer being one of the better ST Lancers in the whole game and Artoria Archer being a premiere NP spammer with a crazy good heal. Of course there is undeniably the intangibles of them being what appear to be fun/goofy servants that you can't otherwise get but they're still plenty good for the most part.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

some of the summer characters are more gimmicky than others since they have skills that rely on specific locations or team compositions but it's not like that is unique to summer servants.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The director will return when we get the Melty Blood collab.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Everyone who shittalks Sigurd ITT is dead.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Everyone who shittalks Sigurd ITT is dead.

He's a copy of the original Siegfried and by Gilgamesh's law, the copy is always worse than the original

Would you question Gil?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

frequently

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Wuxi posted:

He's a copy of the original Siegfried and by Gilgamesh's law, the copy is always worse than the original

Would you question Gil?

But there is no rule that an imitation cannot defeat the original.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Wait...Sakata Kintoki (Rider) doesn’t have the Riding skill? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

UchihaHirou posted:

But there is no rule that an imitation cannot defeat the original.

Having never played FSN but read comments here:

Isn't "the copy can totally defeat the original as long as the original is wielded by a moron" literally Emiya's Corollary to Gilgamesh's Law even