Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hey this Kevin Smith guy's attempt to gently caress up someone's life through the justice system might be worse news than Irsay's coke-addled dog brain. And I say this after my father reminded me of the seats in Lucas Oil that are behind posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Kevin Smith prosecutes innocent people for political reasons.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Kevin Smith. He tried to actually ruin a man's life not just lie about it after the fact.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Kevin Smith obviously!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

King Hong Kong posted:

Kevin Smith because perverting justice is ultimately worse and signifies something much more pervasively corrupt than misleading fans.

Yes, exactly. This is why I vote Santa Clara District Attorney Kevin Smith.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kevin Smith wins, dominating Jim Irsay 33-9.

And our next battle:

Cris Collinsworth vs. Jason Whitlock

Leperflesh posted:

Chris Collinsworth
Anthony Cris Collinsworth (born January 27, 1959) is a former professional American football player who was a wide receiver in the National Football League (NFL) for eight seasons, all with the Cincinnati Bengals, during the 1980s. He played college football for the University of Florida, and was recognized as an All-American. He is currently a television sportscaster for NBC, Showtime, and the NFL Network and winner of 15 Sports Emmy Awards. He is also the owner of Pro Football Focus, a sports statistic monitoring service.

Cris admiring the photo of Tom Brady he uses as his phone background, probably

bobjr posted:

It's just throwing names in now but I'd nominate Cris Collinsworth for really making it seem like he was biased while announcing the Super Bowl.

https://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/index.ssf/2018/02/everyone_hates_cris_collinswor.html

quote:

Collinsworth had a tough time on the call from start to finish. In the first half, he chided the decision by Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson to go for a score on a 4th-and-goal from the 1 yard line with the Eagles leading 15-12 and under a minute to go in the half. The Eagles converted for a score and went to the locker room leading by 10 points.

Collinsworth, who also seemed to be rooting for a New England Patriots win from the broadcast booth as time was winding down in the fourth quarter, was adamant that a clear touchdown by Zach Ertz which put the Eagles in position to win the game was a call that should be overturned. Ertz caught the pass and became a runner when he took two steps before lunging for the end zone and breaking the plane of the goal before the ball came out of his hands when he hit the ground.

See the play for yourself:

https://twitter.com/thecheckdown/status/960348733081755648

Collinsworth continued to insist over and over that Ertz did not make the catch while fans in their living rooms watched the replay of a clear touchdown several times. He was relentless in his claim. And he was dead wrong.

Every announcer misses a few calls, it it seems Collinsworth has a poor reputation.

Crescent Wrench posted:

*Zach Ertz makes a catch at the five yard line, runs upfield and breaks the plane with possession of the football*

"Ooh, ahh, yeah, gee, I just don't know there Al, ooh, yeesh, wow..."

Eat poo poo in hell forever, Cris Collinsworth.

King Hong Kong posted:

Collinsworth because unlike Triplette, we have to endure at least another season of Sunday night games in which Collinsworth repeats his miserable performance from the Super Bowl by highlighting his Patriot or Steeler of the week on every play regardless of merit. At any rate, the refs actually got it right in the Super Bowl, unlike Cris.

Play posted:

Chris Collingsworth I absolutely hate that raspy gently caress. He used to be okay but he's gotten extremely repetitive with his commentary and he misses things that are beyond obvious. A lot of the announcers do it but he's always officiating from the announcer's box in a way that I find irritating because what he thinks doesn't matter at all. His commentary in the Super Bowl was amazingly bad, honestly I was shocked they chose him for that and not Tony Romo.

Leperflesh posted:

Jason Whitlock
Jason Whitlock (born April 27, 1967) is a sports journalist. He co-hosts the daily sports TV show Speak For Yourself alongside Colin Cowherd on Fox Sports 1. Whitlock is a former sportswriter for ESPN and a former columnist at the Kansas City Star, AOL Sports and Foxsports.com, as well as a radio personality for WHB and KCSP sports stations in the Kansas City area.

douchebaggy smile, douchebaggy hat, douchebaggy man

Perennially a nominee for this contest, Whitlock is the token non-woke black guy of NFL punditry. His lovely takes help white people with the same lovely opinions claim that their bullshit can't be racist, because look, a black person shares them. Most prominently in the last couple years is Whitlock's asinine opinions about Colin Kaepernick, as presented admirably by GobiasIndustries:

Raku posted:

Jason Whitlock is worse than an Uncle Tom. He actively works against black people's interests for a paycheck by the powers that be. He is a demagogue trying to add a sense of legitimacy to every entitled racist that watches football.

Play posted:

Jason Whitlock. This horrible creature is satiated by the hate, fear and casual racism he sows in his white fan base. A gibbering moron with nothing of value to add to any conversation. A grotesque stooge for his masters and a betrayer of all right-thinking individuals.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Whitlock

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I hate Collinsworth as much as the next rational poster, but it has to be Whitlock. I'm like a broken record here but he went so above and beyond to slander Kaepernick this past year.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

On a personal level, Collinsworth is more annoying because I have had to endure him while I never watch or pay attention to Whitlock, but it is clear that Whitlock and his efforts at character assassination are worse.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Whitlock because he knows he is doing it and purposefully refuses to cede anything.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Whitlock, because he makes Cowherd look mild and reasonable.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think Whitlock is the worse human being but Collinsworth has a much bigger platform being the color commentator for NBC. Dude sucks and that super bowl commentary this year was flat out awful.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I'd never even heard Whitlock until this thread so I doubt many people listen to him at all. Those that do are surely already massive racists.

I have listened to some Collingsworth games recently and he is just so, so bad. The same loving anecdotes over and over that usually have nothing to do with anything. The same tired cliches spouted off multiple times a game. Almost never has anything insightful to say. In the Super Bowl you could tell that he just couldn't wait to start the "Patriots comeback" narrative every tiny chance he got. He needs to go because seriously, is this the best the NFL can do?

The dude loves the stupidest narratives and loves cramming them in where they don't belong even better. I'm sure Whitlock is the worse person but Collingsworth irritates me more because I have to listen to his loving bullshit

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Whitlock is basically what happens when you let edge lords on TV. He's a loving two-bit hack with nothing of value to say so he race baits and says edgy poo poo to try sound interesting.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Janson Whitlock brought a man onto his show in loving blackface this year. Collinsworth sucks but Whitlock is literally Uncle Ruckus.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Cris Collinsworth. Whitlock is probably a solid Douche HoF candidate, but he’s also 100% avoidable and easily ignored. Collinsworth is the lead color commentator for what is usually the NFL’s biggest games of the regular season, not to mention playoff games and every third Super Bowl. He is practically unavoidable if you want to watch football. He spends half his time blowing teams like New England and Pittsburgh and all but openly rooting for calls to go their way (See the last Super Bowl). Compared to how other announcers have changed over the years, not to mention newer ones, he’s a god awful holdover.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Play posted:

I'd never even heard Whitlock until this thread so I doubt many people listen to him at all. Those that do are surely already massive racists.

wait what? He's a mainstay in these tournaments every year, gets posted about in the sports broadcasting/journalism threads all the time, and he's frequently posted about in the football threads for poo poo like the Kaep stuff. He's worked for ESPN and Fox Sports for almost 2 decades now.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whitlock sucks rear end! collinsworth sucks rear end!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

GobiasIndustries posted:

wait what? He's a mainstay in these tournaments every year, gets posted about in the sports broadcasting/journalism threads all the time, and he's frequently posted about in the football threads for poo poo like the Kaep stuff. He's worked for ESPN and Fox Sports for almost 2 decades now.

I guess that isn't correct I just thought it was because I don't watch that kind of stuff. I don't have cable and I hate tv "journalism" so I get my sports stuff from here, watching the games, podcasts and print articles. From what was posted it kind of seemed like he was more of a bottom feeder but I should've known that the things he says would have a wide appeal in this country

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Collinsworth is just another Pats ballfondler, albeit a high profile one. Meanwhile Jason Whitlock is an actively harmful douche who pushes degrading racial stereotypes and authoritarian poo poo like Blue Lives Matter.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

fartknocker posted:

Cris Collinsworth. Whitlock is probably a solid Douche HoF candidate, but he’s also 100% avoidable and easily ignored. Collinsworth is the lead color commentator for what is usually the NFL’s biggest games of the regular season, not to mention playoff games and every third Super Bowl. He is practically unavoidable if you want to watch football.

This is exactly why I’m going with Collinsworth. I don’t know anything about Whitlock outside of what the thread has provided because I don’t really consume that much football media outside of a pre/postgame show here and there. Whitlock sure sounds like a supreme douche, but he’s easily avoidable. Collinsworth is in your face unless you watch the games muted.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Cris Collinsworth is SUPER easily avoidable. I almost never listen to games unmuted, even if it isn't him commentating. SMASH THAT MUTE BUTTON

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I find Collingsworth's shilling for the Pats at least slightly funny, but Whitlock just outright slanders people so Whitlock.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Janson Whitlock brought a man onto his show in loving blackface this year. Collinsworth sucks but Whitlock is literally Uncle Ruckus.
Yeah, Whitlock is worse, because his bad takes give ammunition to racists ("look, a black person on television agrees with me").

Collinsworth's lovely call of the Super Bowl was bad, and I don't regret voting for him last round, but I don't think Uncle Verne ever got into this contest for having a hard-on for Tim Tebow and Alabama, or Musburger for poorly hiding which team he bet on.

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

I wanna vote for Collinsworth but, like the DA in the last vote, Whitlock is a douche to people instead of just being a person who just sucks.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Whitlock for going against Kaepernick.

If he doesn't win this year I'll nominate him for the HoF next time, as you know he'll say something again to warrant being discussed in this tournament.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I couldn’t care less about Whitlock and will vote against him from this point on but it’s undeniable that the things he is saying are more malicious than the stupid things Collinsworth says and believes since we can’t take into account stuff from the 1980s. That’s pretty much all that matters in a round where both the people are media figures. The sooner we get rid of them and focus on consequential people, the better.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Collinsworth, because I've only heard of Whitlock from this thread.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Collinsworth because, as was mentioned, he has a much better platform and is harder to avoid.
I don't watch Fox Sports and have never watched any Whitlock program. So overall, he's pretty easy to avoid.
If you are an NFL fan, you can't really avoid Collinsworth unless you watch games with the mute button, which takes away from the spectacle of the game.
Good commentary and crowd reaction can absolutely affect your experience as a fan.
Collinsworth absolutely shits on this experience, mostly notable with his ball-licking of T*m Br*dy.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I'm with those who wouldn't know about Whitlock if not for this thread. Whereas Cris Collinsworth actively makes games irritating to listen to. His blatant drooling over the Pats and hemming and hawing over obvious calls forced me to temper my excitement during the Eagles Super Bowl, even if ever-so-slightly. gently caress Cris Collinsworth.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
For people who haven't seen Whitlock, he's the host that's not in literal blackface that guests on Fox News regularly. People the answer is obvious here.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
If I vote for Cris Collinsworth does it also count for the Patriots as well? I'm only curious, since he's got about 9 inches of New England dick packed into his mouth.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Voting for Whitlock. Collinsworth was a shitbird during the SB but I don't see much of a case for him to progress. If having bad, dumb opinions is enough to get you past this point than there are a ton of broadcasters who should also have been nominated. I genuinely don't think he's as bad as advertised, outside of the Super Bowl, but he's also not unique.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Whitlock is ahead, 38-24, but that's close enough that I'll let this run the full 48 hours.

Android Apocalypse posted:

Whitlock for going against Kaepernick.

If he doesn't win this year I'll nominate him for the HoF next time, as you know he'll say something again to warrant being discussed in this tournament.

Whitlock is also a nominee for this year's HoF. And this is a reminder to everyone that it's not too late to still nominate more people for HoF! Currently all we have are Trump, Whitlock, God, and Marvin Harrison. Although Marvin Harrison has zero seconds, so it's really just those first three jerks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Whitlock is definitely a hall of fame douche. He's also the bigger douche in this particular match up.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i second marvin harrison for the hall of fame.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i second marvin harrison for the hall of fame.

I'm up to your tricks, Cavauro. You nominated him, you don't get to also second him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i nominate marvin harrison for the hall of very good (douche)

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ches Neckbeard posted:

For people who haven't seen Whitlock, he's the host that's not in literal blackface that guests on Fox News regularly. People the answer is obvious here.

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/5b533038933ae-uncle-ruckus-colin-kaepernick.php

Whitlock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Jason Whitlock wins, defeating Cris Collinsworth 44-24, similarly to how the Eagles defeated the Patriots, 41-33, except more so.

In the last matchup before the Semifinals, please judge:
Clay Travis vs. Bob McNair!

Leperflesh posted:

Clay Travis
Richard Clay Travis is an American sports journalist, writer, and television analyst. Travis used to work as an analyst on Fox Sports 1's college football pre-game show and their weekly SEC football show.

Incoherence posted:

And Clay Travis, for a bunch of poo poo that I can't quote because archives:
https://twitter.com/groovinmahoovin/status/908032886762287107
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/908826788918435842
https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/914668549460971521
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSCneVakGGk
I know Clay Travis is low-hanging fruit because his job is to generate Hot Takes, but he had himself a pretty good year, it looks like.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Clay Travis is probably the single worst human being in sports journalism today. He's not even a terrible human being in an interesting way, he's just a gigantic race-baiting contrarian douche.
Please disregard any references made now or previously to tweets made by Clay Travis after the cutoff date.

Leperflesh posted:

Bob McNair
Robert C. McNair is an American businessman, philanthropist, and the owner of the Houston Texans of the National Football League.

seiferguy posted:

Doublepostin but I'm also nominating Bob McNair, owner of the Texans.

Reason: for being the most racist owner in the NFL. Specifically for his "we can't let the prisoners run the prison" comments, then his non-apology "sorry if you were offended" note then later saying "if anything I'm sorry I didn't double down." Also after Watson went down with his ACL injury we were subject to a bunch of lovely white QB play because his team wouldn't sign Kaep.

Plus he looks like a racist newsy:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/texans/2018/04/05/bob-mcnair-houston-texans-owner-regrets-apologizing-inmates-prison/489787002/

quote:

Houston Texans owner Bob McNair told The Wall Street Journal in a story published Thursday that he regrets apologizing for the controversial comments attributed to him by ESPN last season about "inmates running the prison."

McNair told the newspaper that he used the phrase in reference to league executives, who he believes have more power than owners, and not NFL players who were kneeling during the national anthem.

"The main thing I regret is apologizing," McNair told The Wall Street Journal. "I really didn’t have anything to apologize for."
McNair, 80, also told The Wall Street Journal that the Texans explored the possibility of signing Colin Kaepernick, the first NFL player to kneel during the anthem, but the team's coaching staff "didn't like the way he threw the ball." He then reiterated that he believes the NFL should distance itself from politics.

"As employers, we set conditions for all of our employees," McNair told The Wall Street Journal. "You wouldn’t let somebody working at McDonald’s, when somebody pulls through, give them a hamburger and say, ‘I don’t know why you’re eating that beef, why aren’t you a vegetarian?’ You don’t allow that."

McNair also remained critical of the league's revenue sharing approach, as he has advocated for teams in larger markets to receive bigger shares.

“It shouldn’t be socialism in which everybody puts the money in the pot and split it 32 ways,” McNair said.'

Yes, that's right, revenue sharing and the salary cap is "socialism," and black NFL players protesting gross injustice is the same as a McDonald's employee telling customers not to eat beef.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/25/bob-mcnair-colin-kaepernick-national-anthem-protests-meeting-comments

quote:

During a confidential NFL meeting between NFL owners and current and former players, Houston Texans owner Bob McNair tried to persuade players to tell their colleagues to stop kneeling during the national anthem, reports the New York Times.

The three-hour meeting in October took place at NFL headquarters in New York and the Times obtained an audio recording of the proceedings.

“You fellas need to ask your compadres, fellas, stop that other business, let’s go out and do something that really produces positive results, and we’ll help you.” McNair reportedly said.

Yuck.

• Locked thread