Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I find it weird in not a great way I guess? I honestly have never looked at the lyrics but I guess it does fit the them yeah? I should probably approach it as just part of the cosmic gross horror aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

I honestly have never looked at the lyrics

oh my god do yourself a favor and look at the lyrics. they are GREAT

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Show your allegiance. Munch yourself

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hmmmm yeah you guys have a point. The lyrics tie it together nicely.

The remastered Nespithe on the compilation sound so much better than the original release. The entire album feels new to me in a real good way. The bass sounds loving killer.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 18, 2018

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Wark Say posted:

I was listening to Badmotorfinger and I must confess: I love me some spontaneous wind instruments in my metallic-sonatas an' poo poo. What are some great metal bands with sick Sax/Trumpet riffs?

(Doesn't have to be just Sax and Trumpet, of course).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ruaXrG-3wU

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
That Lugubrum track gets posted every time saxophone in metal comes up and guess what? It whips rear end!

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

deadking posted:

That Lugubrum track gets posted every time saxophone in metal comes up and guess what? It whips rear end!

They're a very underrated band, basically all the early albums rule. Haven't been so impressed with the recent stuff though, its a bit too wacky

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

at one point in the mid 2000s for some reason I owned every single pro-pain album (10 of them, up to Prophets of Doom), AMA

Let me tell you about how I ran a Pro-Pain fan website in the 2000s and emailed back and forth with the singer's wife or girlfriend or something.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Listening to the new Deafheaven and Daniel Tracy continues to be one of my favorite modern drummers

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

owl_pellet posted:

Listening to the new Deafheaven and Daniel Tracy continues to be one of my favorite modern drummers

:yeah: he’s one of the best drummers around. The drum production always sounds great on their albums too.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

What band is this

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

A human heart posted:

They're a very underrated band, basically all the early albums rule. Haven't been so impressed with the recent stuff though, its a bit too wacky

Seriously. The Dutch/Flemish black metal scene is criminally underrated given the amount of great albums it puts out.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Kvlt! posted:

What band is this
Lugubrum

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

COOL CORN posted:

Let me tell you about how I ran a Pro-Pain fan website in the 2000s and emailed back and forth with the singer's wife or girlfriend or something.

To be honest they do what they do really well even though none of it is very inspired. I think the biggest thing that directed me to them is the fact that I was able to find all their albums in the $5 used CD bin at the local record store.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol the new anal hat rack song

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDzIhVaqHec

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I will forever like Anaal Nathrakh for the Excalibur reference and for having a song called Hold Your Children Close And Pray For Oblivion.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
This rules. gently caress nazis.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2018/07/18/96-year-old-holocaust-survivor-finds-catharsis-in-death-metal/

I like the new Anaal Nathrakh song

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 19, 2018

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I like the garand ping sample used in this otherwise garbage song

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I still think this is the best Amon Amarth song anyone has done since Twilight of the Thunder God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6sNSADX_Fo

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Nordick posted:

I still think this is the best Amon Amarth song anyone has done since Twilight of the Thunder God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6sNSADX_Fo

This is not the hyperbole I expected

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Scorched was a band I had not heard of until they were thrown on the MDF schedule at the last moment, but they definitely were one of my favorite sets of the fest.

They have a new album coming out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JdxxbOVIJg

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

this is really bad.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

this is really bad.

much like your posting

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If you can read the title “96-Year-Old Holocaust Survivor Finds Catharsis in Death Metal” and find anything negative about it then congrats on your self own

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Man Navene K has been one of my favorite metal drummers since my teen years but I’m so tired of his current ben shapiro loving anti leftist pro right wing dog whistles. It sucks because I’ve chatted with the dude before and he seems alright but I can’t stomach that poo poo.

thx for reading my lefty tears

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

"His influences include Tim Alexander, Joey Jordison, Kevin Talley, John Longstreth, Terry Bozzio, Skrillex, Noisia, and Deadmau5.[5][6]"

lol

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

It's terrible. I guess it's appropriate that Anaal Nathrakh has turned into a lovely metalcore band given Metal Blade's roster ca. 10 years ago.

deadking fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 19, 2018

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

What does anaal nathrakh have to do with the holocaust survivor metal lady

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Nothing. I was phone posting and hit quote on the wrong post like a smart brain guy.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Anaal Nathrakh rules. That is all.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Just listened to the new Anaal Nathrakh and I think we need to band together against the metalcore pod people who are slowly infiltrating AN and Pig Destroyer.

I hope the rest of the album is different bc AN used to be a "holy poo poo this is insane" type of band.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
slow is right; that infiltration has been going on since like 2003

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

While were on the subject of Anaal Nathrakh does anyone have any more "grind fusion" reccomendations? I love deathgrind, blackened grind, basically grind+another genre is good

Parachute
May 18, 2003
excuse me but do you have a minute to talk about our lord and savior Power Violence?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kvlt! posted:

While were on the subject of Anaal Nathrakh does anyone have any more "grind fusion" reccomendations? I love deathgrind, blackened grind, basically grind+another genre is good

Order and Punishment - !T.O.O.H.!

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

The solo on Kali is maybe the best I've heard tbh

Sick bass

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I am seeing Cryptodira tomorrow night, had never heard of them before yesterday. Not bad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVL9Rvtl5Nc

A guy I sort of know through work is in a band opening for them which is also good but not even remotely similar, just really good old school heavy metal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RwFXpOSLgc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

Kvlt! posted:

Vermin Womb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbkfy4sdQPM