Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/Alex__Katz/status/1019269032644567040

there's video, dipshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Seriously. What a dumb rear end. the whole entire thing is on video.

It's like idiots saying "fake news" and poo poo. I don't need CNN, FOX or MSNBC to read the president's own loving tweets that demonstrably prove him to be a liar and a criminal.

How long before his tweets are called fake? Assuming he hasn't said that already.

"My Own Tweet is 'fake news'. Don't believe fake news Twitter"

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
He's not looking for an article or asking a question, that tweet is just there to say "everything is biased, it's impossible to know the truth, don't even bother" to his idiot fans so he doesn't have to give a statement.

He's Koch-financed.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

He's not looking for an article or asking a question, that tweet is just there to say "everything is biased, it's impossible to know the truth, don't even bother" to his idiot fans so he doesn't have to give a statement.

He's Koch-financed.

"I can't watch a video, read a tweet or form an opinion. Someone help me. Tell me what to say and how to spin this. People might catch on "

- A Right Wing journalist

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ague Proof posted:

He's Koch-financed.

oh yeah i know but it's just so transparent.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think Hannity CAN criticize Trump. Like even if he wanted to for some reason he's spent years telling his viewers and listeners that Trump is the savior and perfect and all criticism against him is fake and an attack on America. The second he says "it's disgusting what Trump did" he becomes part of the Deep State Liberal Media conspriacy hes even accused his own network of being part of.

Let's not forget that hannity personally speaks with trump over the phone every night. Trump vents to hannity every night about all that hard presidenting he has to do and how mean the fake news is. Hannity gets totally high off of how close he is to the president of the united states. He will always be 100% loyal to trump to the bitter end.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Gag. I was just over at my Dad's house and there was a begging letter from Ralph Reed and Judicial Overwatch. It was bragging about how they had uncovered the Obama administration's coverup of Benghazi, discovered Killary's private server and showed his the evil IRS targeted conservative organizations. And could he pretty please send money to help Trump make America great again?

Luckily, he's not really capable these days, and actually watches CNN and not Fox. Right before the election, (when he was functioning better) he said "What's going to happen to our country?"

It's sad that they target people with such complete bullshit. But I'm glad even with Alzheimer's he's resistant to that crap.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kenzie posted:

Let's not forget that hannity personally speaks with trump over the phone every night. Trump vents to hannity every night about all that hard presidenting he has to do and how mean the fake news is. Hannity gets totally high off of how close he is to the president of the united states. He will always be 100% loyal to trump to the bitter end.

I agree, I'm just saying that if some bizarre twist of fate happened and Trump found the one thing Hannity actually had principles on or just couldn't defend he'd still just make excuses because that's the table he's set. Its why we had that bizarre scene where Hannity accidently got Roy Moore to admit to dating children, the entire media world referenced it, and Hannity then made excuses and argued against his own accidental journalism being one of the only major voices actively defending Roy Moore.

Because he just doesn't really have a choice in the matter. His entire schtick is "the alt left" and "deep state conspiracy" and how anyone critical is part of it. So by the very rules he convinced his audience of if he ever criticizes Trump or Trumpism then he reveals himself as a conspirator.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Rush is in a similar situation where he didn't support Trump during the primaries, though he never attacked or spoke ill of Trump, just said "I prefer Cruz." (I think it was Cruz, anyway.) He knew which way the wind was blowing when Trump won and immediately jumped behind him completely, since he didn't have much of a choice. Beck was the one who held out the longest and pretended to be the reasonable conservative who was just so appalled by Trump, and I don't think he ever recovered from it despite him being a full-throated Trump supporter now.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Seriously. What a dumb rear end. the whole entire thing is on video.

It's like idiots saying "fake news" and poo poo. I don't need CNN, FOX or MSNBC to read the president's own loving tweets that demonstrably prove him to be a liar and a criminal.

How long before his tweets are called fake? Assuming he hasn't said that already.

"My Own Tweet is 'fake news'. Don't believe fake news Twitter"

Well, he did call his own interview withe The Sun fake news. It was recorded and the reporters released and tape and you'll be shocked by what was revealed...

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Munin posted:

Well, he did call his own interview withe The Sun fake news. It was recorded and the reporters released and tape and you'll be shocked by what was revealed...

He has said he never said something that he had posted and had not been deleted from Twitter.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Hannity is basically part of the swamp. He has the same crooked lawyer as Trump, he used Carson to play slumlord, and acts as the president’s personal counselor at the end of each day. He’s so intrinsically biased that he’d never last on a legitimate network.

It also means that he is inseparably attached to the administration. He knows that if Trump goes down, there’s a good chance his smarmy rear end goes too.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Unlike Hannity, Tucker Carlson is able to go against Trump on occasion and still keep his MAGA fanbase because he has an actual ideology: white supremacy.

Tucker Carlson posted:

[Russia meddling doesn't matter because] Latin American countries are changing election outcomes here by forcing demographic change on this country at a rate that American voters consistently say they don't want.

Look at this poo poo:

This was on his "voter fraud" segment.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
So let's check in on how the fridge elements of right-wing media are handling the developments of the past few days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYntcGk5D9Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuVkU4fJ-Qc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PZwULkKsyE

This last video is really something special, and if you only watch one right-wing media video today you should make it this one. This video has it all, from casual anti-semitism to describing in gory detail a leftist coup in the form of a shootout in the White House that ends with Trump being drug out onto the front lawn and publicly decapitated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFgpBcx6Mp4

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 18, 2018

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Ague Proof posted:

Unlike Hannity, Tucker Carlson is able to go against Trump on occasion and still keep his MAGA fanbase because he has an actual ideology: white supremacy.

Look at this poo poo:

This was on his "voter fraud" segment.

Motherfucker actually did a segment on "gypsies" coming to America and leaving poop everywhere or something. He looked around and thought, "Hmm, my audience is racist against Roma, but only because they think of them as whimsical magic carnies, rather than simply hating and fearing them. Something must be done."

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pants Donkey posted:

Hannity is basically part of the swamp. He has the same crooked lawyer as Trump, he used Carson to play slumlord, and acts as the president’s personal counselor at the end of each day. He’s so intrinsically biased that he’d never last on a legitimate network.

It also means that he is inseparably attached to the administration. He knows that if Trump goes down, there’s a good chance his smarmy rear end goes too.

Remember that Hannity has ties to Michael Cohen, so if Fox News had any shred of ethics they'd have him recuse himself from any reporting on Trump because of the blatant conflict of interest.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/hamiltonnolan/status/1019642523885756416

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
I don't know if this guy counts as "media" necessarily since he is by all appearances either some form of parody or the dumbest / lowest paid operative on the Russian payroll. Possibly both.

https://twitter.com/AsteadWesley/status/1019596435166294017

https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1019645381750083584

https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1019622741702467584

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Why isn't he in jail yet?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Prester Jane posted:

So let's check in on how the fridge elements of right-wing media are handling the developments of the past few days:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYntcGk5D9Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuVkU4fJ-Qc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PZwULkKsyE

This last video is really something special, and if you only watch one right-wing media video today you should make it this one. This video has it all, from casual anti-semitism to describing in gory detail a leftist coup in the form of a shootout in the White House that ends with Trump being drug out onto the front lawn and publicly decapitated.

I can't bring myself to watch these. Off to an AA meeting

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Prester Jane posted:

I used to listen to Rick Wiles before the 2016 election for fun, out of a strange fascination for someone who is always, consistently wrong. This dude is like a pearl-clutching Christian version of Alex Jones, whose schtick is predicting the outbreak of World War III whenever something even mildly progressive happens, because God's going to use China/North Korea/Iran to punish America for being too gay. He was a huge conspiracy theorist, but always put a Evangelical twist on things, and would have people on his show talking about how the government is hiding the existence of Biblical giants and poo poo. It became less fun listening to him after the 2016 election, though, for obvious reasons.

I saw this article on Right Wing Watch and decided to check in on him, and holy poo poo, his show is just straight up Russian propaganda now. And not in the sense that most conservatives are now pretending that Russia's a good guy now just because Trump is visibly trying to buddy up with Putin - he viciously attacks any idea that Russia may have done something wrong, ever. It's constant praise of how much of a strong leader Putin is, constant assurances that Russia is a great nation that has the world's best interests at heart, and constant claims that Russia is True America's ally against the Deep State pedophiles. All while talking about how America is an evil, corrupt nation that - outside of Brave Christian Soldier Donald Trump - deserves nothing but scorn and destruction. It's difficult to get across just through text just how much he's licking that boot. It's absurd.

This, coupled with the fact that TruNews has a brand new studio and is expanding operations, kinda makes you wonder, huh? it's because of russia. he's a paid russian propagandist. they are paying him money to say these things. i am pretty sure of this.

edit: Also, after listening to a few more episodes, uh, heh, WOW he's really happy he doesn't need to pretend he's not anti-semetic anymore.

Crunch Buttsteak fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 19, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1019741041539379201

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
Even Tucker Carlson looks baffled at how retarded Dave Rubin looks in that pic.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Slutitution posted:

Even Tucker Carlson looks baffled at how retarded Dave Rubin looks in that pic.

He looks like that all the time.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I know what FOX, Rush and Sean will be talking about today

JasonV posted:

So Bernie Sanders' campaign manager was Tad Devine from 2014 onward. Previous to that, Devine was apparently exchanging emails with... Manafort and his shady Russian partners.

https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/1019970082812940289

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Can they though? It seems like that would implicate Trump by association.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

moths posted:

Can they though? It seems like that would implicate Trump by association.

They'll frame it as "See? Democrats do the same poo poo all the time but the Deep State is out to get Trump"

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

BiggerBoat posted:

I know what FOX, Rush and Sean will be talking about today

Wasn't Bernie's campaign manager in 2016 Jeff Weaver?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Well, Devine was chief strategist, not campaign manager, and while he was on the same emails as manafort, the fact that the emails exist or that there was even communication isn’t what’s illegal, it’s that manafort was hiding money that the emails prove was paid to him. Also it’s not Russian, it’s Ukrainian. I don’t expect any of those nuances to be discussed in right wing circles though because they like to muddy the waters rather than clear them up so you can see the facts.

Manafort is not in trouble for talking to Russians. During the Russia investigation widespread corruption and illegal business practices by manafort were discovered, investigated, and charges were filed related to the findings.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 19, 2018

selec
Sep 6, 2003

The responses to the tweet about Tad Devine are pure Infowars for Democrats. Huge concentrations of brain worms.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

selec posted:

The responses to the tweet about Tad Devine are pure Infowars for Democrats. Huge concentrations of brain worms.

I always knew Bernie Sanders was working for Putin to derail Hillary's campaign.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
yeah succdems are making way more hay about tad devine

which is doubly hilarious because he's one of their guys

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/ASM_AntiSocial/status/941927274135412736

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Dr Christmas posted:

Motherfucker actually did a segment on "gypsies" coming to America and leaving poop everywhere or something. He looked around and thought, "Hmm, my audience is racist against Roma, but only because they think of them as whimsical magic carnies, rather than simply hating and fearing them. Something must be done."
It suddenly occurs to me that this is the kind of thing a right-wing American media personality might latch onto IF he happened to be regularly talking to European and/or Russian racists. Hm ....

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Slutitution posted:

I always knew Bernie Sanders was working for Putin to derail Hillary's campaign.

In another addition to Sci Fi Authors Disappointing Me After 2016 (William Gibson, you are Old And It Shows), Charlie Stross retweeted that bonkers TAD DEVINE! BERNIE IS A RUSSIAN OPERATIVE! tweet as well.

It makes sense in a way; Stross' Laundry books are fun, but demonstrate a fundamental trust in powerful institutions, and belie a misunderstanding of power and the way that people slavishly devote themselves to it. The power structures that support our current societies would not cooperate to fight extradimensional or Lovecraftian threats; they would bow down and work for them.

If an Old God rose from the seas, nearly 100% of Mormons would instantly convert their worship to them. People love being told what to do, and the more they are conditioned to do so, the less problem they have transferring that obeisance to whoever's at the top of the heap currently.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
Former Dave Rubin co-worker Ana Kasparian keeps spilling the beans on him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiZhYj_VK8s

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/bariweiss/status/1019973484880031744

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Dawned on me this afternoon that Hannity's steadfast and over the top Deep State bullshit and constant conspiracy garbage, which has been over the top even by his standards, might actually be because he is indeed caught up in all this bullshit somewhere and he's creating subterfuge. For some reason, during the constant barrage of shitrain, I keep forgetting that he was listed as one of THREE clients of Cohen.

God, I'd love to see him go down. Hate, hate HATE that motherfucker. I keep trying to call his show and never even get screened. Wouldn't surprise me if his callers are all scripted actors.

"Crisis Actors" if you will.

EDIT:

Can we change the thread title? We've had this one for like 5 loving years now.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

BiggerBoat posted:

EDIT:

Can we change the thread title? We've had this one for like 5 loving years now.

Right Wing Media: FAKE NEWS NO COLLUSION SAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
Right Wing Media: Sean Hannity is the Handsomest Man on Television

*crosses fingers so hard*