Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Can I kill myself with that razor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Good post.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

steinrokkan posted:

Can I kill myself with that razor

unfortunately the blades are among the least useful because gold won't hold an edge very well. it's a gilded prison thing where you can just think about ending it all. better to just do the drugs lol

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

This thread makes me want to be dead.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Why?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:thunk:

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

ate all the Oreos posted:

There was also a long streak of ~funny prank~ donations a while ago (hell they're probably still going on) where someone would "donate" like $20,000 to a nobody twitch streamer using a credit card, they'd get all emotional and start crying because finally they can pay off some of their crushing debt or w/e, thinking some eccentric millionaire just saved their lives, and then the funny prankster would reverse it / cancel it.

Ha ha, you thought you could be free of your debt slavery and then livestreamed your hopes and dreams being crushed, funy prank

The funniest prank of all was during that time Paypal stopped letting people who did that frequently cancel the charge. I think some idiot was on the hook for ~$10k that couldn't be cancelled.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Is it telling that I have no idea what J could be used for

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MageMage posted:

Is it telling that I have no idea what J could be used for

Just that youre too young for that object? Thats an old aluminum can pull tab lid, before they changed the design to the modern style in like 75 i think? Same use as everything else in that picture, mind you

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
:wrong:

You can't do coke off all of those.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Man, I need to get me one of those solid gold tooters. Really impress the ladies with a thing like that

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1019612762845188096

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
There is a date going on at the table next to me and the guy is reading the Wikipedia page for the concept of inflation to the lady who keeps asking questions that prove she is much smarter than he is

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

aww, look at how the peasants try to support each other in the face of uncaring corporate greed

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

aww, look at how the peasants try to support each other in the face of uncaring corporate greed

lol I didn't even know companies would let you transfer vacation time like this

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.facebook.com/Parleyfortheoceans/videos/1951518818247117/

very depressing video of plastic waste on the coast of the dominican republic :smith:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYh6RgTFnA0

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Most of those homeless/transient people were relocated to temporary housing, motels, shelters etc. A decent chunk of them declined any kind of government assistance and prefer to live on the streets.

Don't remember the exact numbers but in the 18 months or so that that area went from zero homeless to 1500+ back down to zero, Orange County cleaned up hundreds of tons of garbage, tons of human/dog poo poo, and thousands of used needles from that stretch of the SART. They also discovered an underground bunker from a deserted sewer/wastewater line that had over 1000 stolen bicycles in it.

ekuNNN posted:

https://www.facebook.com/Parleyfortheoceans/videos/1951518818247117/

very depressing video of plastic waste on the coast of the dominican republic :smith:

This one is depressing especially if all that garbage is coming from other places in the world and the currents just was everything to them. :smith:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Skypie posted:

lol I didn't even know companies would let you transfer vacation time like this

Seems illegal (maybe not in the US because your employment law is hosed up)

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

sebzilla posted:

Yeah it should definitely be illegal, but at the same time I'm glad they were able to do it in this case.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

sebzilla posted:

they allowed it in this case to impress on the mother just how replaceable she is.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Some unions will "work" hours for guys that are out sick or have family poo poo. Like, 1 hour a day from a crew of 10 guys, if they agree. Happened a few times when I was in the IBEW.

Solar Tornado posted:

Haha what kind of snow do you have that you need such a tiny shovel to move it haha?

It's not a snow shovel, it's a spade shovel. Advertising gets it wrong again!

CRUSTY MINGE has issued a correction as of 18:45 on Jul 19, 2018

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

oh god its spreading

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

All roads lead to the KFC Yum Center

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

a) Cross - hatching indicates payment rates based on net earnings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maternity_leave_in_the_United_States posted:

In comparison to other countries, the United States is one of the only countries in the world, and the only OECD member, that has not passed laws requiring business and corporations to offer paid maternity leave to their employees.
https://www.oecd.org/els/soc/PF2_1_Parental_leave_systems.pdf

comedyblissoption has issued a correction as of 19:15 on Jul 19, 2018

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Good Dog posted:

Most of those homeless/transient people were relocated to temporary housing, motels, shelters etc. A decent chunk of them declined any kind of government assistance and prefer to live on the streets.

If it's anything like the UK those offers have very strict conditions that make them unattractive to homeless people, e.g. no alcohol/drugs but no addiction support or only usable for limited hours, and only function as a stopgap which if you take means you lose out on your patch. Homelessness is a hugely complex issue and taking the view that people choose to live on the streets is incredibly reductive and harmful.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

That's the spirit! Individual ingenuity. Like that homeless guy making souvenirs out of trash to sell. No whining, just taking initiative either to help yourself or others

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Stexils posted:

oh god its spreading

Eventually the road patch and the bowl they sell it in will both be composed of chicken

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Rarity posted:

Homelessness is a hugely complex issue and taking the view that people choose to live on the streets is incredibly reductive and harmful.
it enables people infested with brain worms to justify their world view that enables mass homelessness

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

That's the spirit! Individual ingenuity. Like that homeless guy making souvenirs out of trash to sell. No whining, just taking initiative either to help yourself or others
In order for this to be a feel good story that can be aired on Good Morning America, Americans have to be widely ignorant about the US having one of the worst set of maternity leave laws in the entire world.

What do they want? Obedient Workers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsL6mKxtOlQ

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

If it's anything like the UK those offers have very strict conditions that make them unattractive to homeless people, e.g. no alcohol/drugs but no addiction support or only usable for limited hours, and only function as a stopgap which if you take means you lose out on your patch. Homelessness is a hugely complex issue and taking the view that people choose to live on the streets is incredibly reductive and harmful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzqtyL6OdwI

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Jesus christ america lol

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Rarity posted:

The limited hours is bullshit. Only available really for sleeping at. Get kicked out early in the morning and wander the streets till late evening when you are allowed back in. I can see why someone would live rough over some of the homeless accommodation Governments provide.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I missed some of the thread, but what did we agree on regarding eating the rich?

Assuming it's the entirety of the 1% and their lackys thats what 2 per 100 people so there should be plenty to go round.

Slow braised brisket with saffron and sage sauce and gold leaf encrusted baby potatoes okay with everyone?

We should also do some pulled pork hogies for the kids and people who turn up late.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
https://twitter.com/USArmy/status/1019194088141262851?s=19

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

New Season of Black Mirror lookin' good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

https://twitter.com/OurTroopsUSA/status/1019202837602029568