Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I weighed myself today on my Fitbit scale and found that I hit my gently caress-it-like-that-will-ever-be-a-reality target weight. It took like five years (and most of it spent eating like poo poo and not doing enough work) to get from my starting weight of 210 to my current weight of 154, and I'm generally in the skinnyfat category, but it still feels pretty good that my weight consistently went down regardless of how I didn't work at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MisterBibs posted:

I weighed myself today on my Fitbit scale and found that I hit my gently caress-it-like-that-will-ever-be-a-reality target weight. It took like five years (and most of it spent eating like poo poo and not doing enough work) to get from my starting weight of 210 to my current weight of 154, and I'm generally in the skinnyfat category, but it still feels pretty good that my weight consistently went down regardless of how I didn't work at it.

Dang dude that's impressive. How did it happen if you didn't work at it though?

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
First day at my new gig was outstanding. Couldn’t have hoped for better.

I’m working entirely with “my people”, it’s the most genuinely supportive environment I’ve ever worked in, and the scope and impact of my role is broader than I’d hoped for, which I’m tremendously excited about.

I feel incredibly fortunate to be able to have this come up for me.

Then I chased a dude halfway across the suburb to help catch his scared doggo. poo poo went good, and now it’s beer o’clock.

Day keeps levelling up.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Aesop Poprock posted:

Dang dude that's impressive. How did it happen if you didn't work at it though?

Honestly, I don't feel Iike I did anything significant, lifestyle-wise. :shrug:

The only thing I could ascribe to it was dropping Sierra Mist from my diet, but a) I'm not sure if I was doing that already and b) there's plenty of other terrible things I've drank (booze, energy drinks, smoothies and stuff).

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Every day has been great while I'm staying and working in the UK, but I got a bunch of film back in really happy with and work continues to be fulfilling instead of anxiety inducing. Amazing what a good office feels like.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm working on changing my eating habits from triple cheeseburgers and large fries, and other giant fast food meals, and I'm getting to the point where I honestly think that I can not finish a huge sandwich and I'm getting smaller portions of fries.

I'm trying so hard to eat less, eat a little better, and I'm getting there. I've lost some weight, down from 270 a little bit (I'm on break, so I can't check the exact numbers), but I'm doing it. I'm losing weight, I'm taking better care of myself, my wife is proud of me, and I'm feeling good about myself.

It's really nice. It's been a while.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
My husband has the week off. so we get to actually hang out and catch up on all of our shows. Plus, we'll be back on day shift next week, so I can sleep like a sane person again!
Also hit my first mini-goal of weight loss today, 20 pounds lost since the beginning of the year. :dance:

tallest crocodile
Sep 10, 2011

How a TV show about Pre-historic life would reconstruct a goon.
Late last night there was a big moth flopping around my living room so I caught it. I expected it to just fly right out of my hands again but instead it crawled out and just chilled on the top of my wrist for a whole five minutes, enjoying the breeze from a box fan and cleaning itself.

It was super cute :3:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Came out to my dad over the weekend.

He's not thrilled about it because he's scared for my future, but he accepts it and he'll do his best to help me anyway he can.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I finally went to replace my expired id card. I've been so ill and wiped out I couldn't find the motivation to do it. And the new one has a dinosaur skeleton on it, which was only recently unveiled, so it was kind of worth leaving it for 5 months. :waycool:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
My new job insurance is awesome; what would have cost me upwards of $300/month I just paid $30 for. Also my new desk chair arrived today; I can't wait to put it together and pitch this old lovely one.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
Cp from a chat thread. I am so loving happy you guys :

So uh on Christmas day, the wife and I got into a crazy rear end accident that totalled my new to me tsx.

Geico finally got back to us about a payout, and told us they paid the hospital 27 dollars.

So we check with the hospital, and apparently we hit the yearly out of pocket for our health insurance 27 dollars into the er/icu/surgery/step-down stay.

So then we call Geico back, and they inform us that because of the severity of the accident, the entirety of my personal injury coverage will be paid out as pain and suffering. This is not a small amount.

I'm in shock. Never in my life have we not been loving screwed, and here they are paying for lost wages, and the credit cards we had to lean on while recovering, and more.

I'm crying like a lil baby guys. I'm so happy. The wife can get her NP debt free now. I can get my medic. It's so much money that the passive income exceeds my monthly wages. gently caress.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

So uh on Christmas day, the wife and I got into a crazy rear end accident that totalled my new to me tsx.

Geico finally got back to us about a payout, and told us they paid the hospital 27 dollars.

So we check with the hospital, and apparently we hit the yearly out of pocket for our health insurance 27 dollars into the er/icu/surgery/step-down stay.

So then we call Geico back, and they inform us that because of the severity of the accident, the entirety of my personal injury coverage will be paid out as pain and suffering. This is not a small amount.

I'm in shock. Never in my life have we not been loving screwed, and here they are paying for lost wages, and the credit cards we had to lean on while recovering, and more.

I'm crying like a lil baby guys. I'm so happy. The wife can get her NP debt free now. I can get my medic. It's so much money that the passive income exceeds my monthly wages. gently caress.

Holy poo poo, what a great thing out of a horrible thing!

Glad you’re ok, physically and financially!

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

So so sweet

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I platinumed bloodborne today so I’ll have something to impress my parents when they visit this weekend

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I just had a very nice end-of-week lunch with my best friend, and was able to talk her through some recent landlord-inspired anxieties. I was having a crummy morning but now I'm energized and feeling good.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Got finalized notice of my student loan refinance going through at my bank.

To get the original loan in the first place I was offered a co-sign from someone I had known for a long time. I was young and had no credit so it was the only way to get into my career. I appreciate their help but it turned into a huge burden. Every policy update or account info change led to them getting a letter and me getting a phone call asking if I’m missing payments and a bunch of other poo poo that would ruin my day.

No more co-signer, no more bad interest rate and I have my dream job. I’m also making enough to wipe the loan out entirely in just a few more years. It just feels like such a weight off my shoulders that I’ll never get a random phone call asking if I’m defaulting on my loan because I updated my email address.

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Hard copy of my masters diploma came in. Hasn't really felt real until now. Got it up on the wall right above my monitors so I can lean back and look at this $25K piece of paper that my job paid for. Celebrating with my wife tonight since she was super cool about putting up with me sequestering to the office every night for homework/research for the last two years.

:discourse:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I saw a dog with the puffiest tail. It was like this except without the bar or my exact double

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jaAeTaG_ms

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
In February I decided to finally get serious about losing weight. When I started I was sitting around 260.

Today I weighed in at 199. I hit the original goal I set for myself, but with how much I’ve been losing I think if I keep it up I can get to 180 which is gonna be my final goal. I’m happy because this i haven’t been this slim since around high school which was 14 years ago.

VanguardFelix
Oct 10, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Black Stones posted:

In February I decided to finally get serious about losing weight. When I started I was sitting around 260.

Today I weighed in at 199. I hit the original goal I set for myself, but with how much I’ve been losing I think if I keep it up I can get to 180 which is gonna be my final goal. I’m happy because this i haven’t been this slim since around high school which was 14 years ago.

Congratulations! That’s awesome! At the end you can get some new clothes and put everyone to shame :3:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

It was actually a couple days ago, but my girlfriend told me she loves me. :swoon:

That would make me happy any day, but we've been taking a break for the summer to work on our own lives and deal with a lot of poo poo, we both struggle with some mental health issues, and the other day we spent about 3 and a half hours on the phone and we talked about everything. I have missed her so loving much and to hear those three little words...we have to take things slowly and give each other space to grow, but I think we're gonna be okay.

I really love this woman, you guys. I'm completely stupid for her.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It was actually a couple days ago, but my girlfriend told me she loves me. :swoon:

That would make me happy any day, but we've been taking a break for the summer to work on our own lives and deal with a lot of poo poo, we both struggle with some mental health issues, and the other day we spent about 3 and a half hours on the phone and we talked about everything. I have missed her so loving much and to hear those three little words...we have to take things slowly and give each other space to grow, but I think we're gonna be okay.

I really love this woman, you guys. I'm completely stupid for her.

:love: Savor it
Nothing like it in the world
Money can't buy it
It can't be forced
It's a gift, a miracle

The best thing in life

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Had a job interview for a position I desperately want and I think I did well. If I don't get it, I think it'll be because there was someone better than me, and not because I did badly.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's a great feeling!

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
A few months ago I gave a talk on "how to stay safe online" to a room filled with local financial professionals. Without much time to prepare, I did what I could and made the best of it.

Earlier today the event organizers sent me the video of my talk and upon rewatching it, you know what? I think I did okay. It's hard to condense 20 years of industry experience into 30 minutes, but I think my key points came across well, and that makes me quite happy.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

About three weeks ago my family and I rented a house through a company called turnkeyvr and when we arrived we found out there was one less bed than advertised and also had roaches. It wasn’t infested but still you know come on. After talking to like 6 people in a 12 hour period, all of whom were “very sorry” but weren’t authorized to refund any money, I was told the refund department would look into it. A week passed and I heard nothing so I went on Facebook and posted about my experience and two days later I was refunded a good chunk of the expense.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

My mom found the watch my grandad bought for me when I was a kid. I know I didn't like it as a kid, but now I can't wait to get it back. I thought I lost it in one of my many many moves, so this was a great surprise.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I booked 2 nights in an oceanfront loft and 1 night in a little island cottage in the best place in the world to see my favourite animals, orcas. I've wanted to go there my whole life, and I am in a month, and I'm so excited I'm dizzy!

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Picnic Princess posted:

I booked 2 nights in an oceanfront loft and 1 night in a little island cottage in the best place in the world to see my favourite animals, orcas. I've wanted to go there my whole life, and I am in a month, and I'm so excited I'm dizzy!

Please share a link to this space if you can, that sounds amazing!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

friendly 2 da void posted:

Please share a link to this space if you can, that sounds amazing!

I can tell you where they are for sure, because most places to stay in these communities are just converted boathouses and it was difficult to choose because they all looked amazing. It's Sointula and Alert Bay, in between Vancouver Island and the mainland.

https://www.vancouverislandnorth.ca/communities/sointula/

https://www.vancouverislandnorth.ca/communities/alert-bay/

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
I passed my PMP exam!

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Silvergun1000 posted:

I passed my PMP exam!

Congrats! and welcome to the club. Come on over to my lovely little slow thread about project management in BFC

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Picnic Princess posted:

Have fun! Vancouver Island is amazing; it's one of the prettiest places I've ever been, and orcas are so cool!

If you end up in Tofino as well Tacofino's fish tacos are great too.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
There was a cicada stuck in the mostly-enclosed stairs in my garage building and I got the little thing on my finger and took it outside and it flew away :3:

Btw it’s ridiculously easy to get a cicada to sit on your finger/hand, just don’t touch the wings obviously.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I saw this on my way to work this morning.

Thrasher
Apr 21, 2002

Adopted this furball of unlimited insane energy...

:3:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Thrasher posted:

Adopted this furball of unlimited insane energy...

:3:

My day sucked. Your post made it good. :3:

What a good dog burrowing in a soft house :3:

Thrasher
Apr 21, 2002

Thin Privilege posted:

My day sucked. Your post made it good. :3:

What a good dog burrowing in a soft house :3:

It’s a snoozer cave bed! https://www.amazon.ca/Snoozer-87175-Large-Luxury-Buckskin/dp/B003XJJEOS :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

That is a wonderful bed. Unfortunately they don’t ship to US :(