Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Andrast posted:

I don’t even have concept of a backlog anymore.

I just play what I want and don’t care if I have games in my library that I haven’t played.

this is the new "I don't even own a TV"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Andrast posted:

I don’t even have concept of a backlog anymore.

I just play what I want and don’t care if I have games in my library that I haven’t played.

Yeah, I have basically not cared about Steam sales for years because the need to "stock up" on games seems pointless. If it's an indie dev I'm OK paying full freight to support them and if it's AAA/multiplat I'm probably going to rent it or pay for it at release so I can Join the Conversation

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Octopath Traveler made my commute a joy

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

My backlog has about 500 games or so built up over 12 years and lmao if I ever get to play that.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Housh posted:

the real traveler... was you

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

less laughter posted:

the real traveler... was you

:monocle:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Having a big backlog actually owns because if I want to play i.e. a shooter I can immediately find one I've never played before and go right to town

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
backlogs are not obligations, they are options

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

"backlog" sounds kind of like a slang word for poopy

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought agents of mayhem like a moron cause it was 7 bucks

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

lol rip

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
what websites do you guys use to read about videogames?

RPS is beginning to lose its luster for me, Polygon is pretty insufferable, Kotaku makes me cry.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

buglord posted:

RPS is beginning to lose its luster for me, Polygon is pretty insufferable, Kotaku makes me cry.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I follow Siliconera and PCGamer on Twitter

Sometimes AVClub has gaming news but they're more esoteric

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

buglord posted:

the flare path on rps

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I get most of my game news that I don’t get here from Eurogamer.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

buglord posted:

Game Informer for new & upcoming mega hype stuff, GDC and Gamasutra for industry stuff, DigitalFoundry for tech stuff.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Taintrunner posted:

10 bucks too many

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Housh posted:

It has currently made my life a joy. Just finishing up getting all the characters tonight.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
DigitalFoundry is super fascinating for videogame technology history. So in depth about shaders and rendering in a way that isn’t boring!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I liked AoM. :saddowns:

I will also wholly admit it’s not very good though. A whole lot of charm and not much else backing that up.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Steve Yun posted:

DigitalFoundry is super fascinating for videogame technology history. So in depth about shaders and rendering in a way that isn’t boring!

I also enjoy their deep dive analyses on current-gen hardware so that I know what otherwise imperceptible imperfections I could be spending way more $$$ on to erase.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The only good AoM is Age of Mythology don't @ me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

buglord posted:

https://kinja.com/108

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dewgy posted:

I will also wholly admit it’s not very good though. A whole lot of charm and not much else backing that up.

You're wrong, Age of Mythology was awesome

Edit: gah

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Dewgy posted:

This is pretty much how I feel. Like it feels as if they ran out of money or something.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

exquisite tea posted:

Game Informer for new & upcoming mega hype stuff, GDC and Gamasutra for industry stuff, DigitalFoundry for tech stuff.

i can't trust gdc stuff anymore knowing that they brought in unionbusters to host their panels about the place unions have in game development last year

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

What's a good upgrade from a Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 mouse & keyboard set? I've been fine using them except the membrane keyboard feels too mushy in gaming.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yoku's Island Express made a Steamed Hams reference, I dig it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello my day was absolutely terrible because I'm a brokebrained moron, everyone please tell me how your day went because I want to hear about people who had good days today and people who aren't massively hosed up in the head. What's everybody up to, what're you all eating for dinner, how's the weather, etc

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What happened

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

broke brained moron here, spent the day drinking and playing video games and pretending to work.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

The spooky circus guy boss in Hollow Knight is really hard and I don't like that you have to give up two charm notches just to fight him.

His music is bitchin though. Goddamn.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

What happened

Bad therapy session resulting in me walking out partway in and leaving kcb to continue it without me, way more to it than that but for the sake of brevity I'll leave it at that.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello my day was absolutely terrible because I'm a brokebrained moron, everyone please tell me how your day went because I want to hear about people who had good days today and people who aren't massively hosed up in the head. What's everybody up to, what're you all eating for dinner, how's the weather, etc

I had a decent start to my day since my two year old slept through the night and came into our bed at a reasonable hour. And on top of that, she gave me a big cuddle :3:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I am sorry that you had a rough day. I would tell you about mine but it would not help--I am not doing particularly well at my job these days.

Instead, I'll tell you about Frederic, the cat my girlfriend and I adopted a month and a half ago. Our friends found him outside a library, hyperventilating and malnourished and almost dead. No shelter by them would take him, so they took him to the vet themselves, nursed him back to health (mostly), and then when we determined we could adopt him, they drove him across state lines just so he'd have a good home. Our older cat, Jasmine, is starting to accept him, and he's starting to be more polite and not eat her food when she walks away to leave some for later, so I'll call that progress! He has really persistent respiratory congestion so he is a very sniffly and sneezey boy, but he's extremely affectionate and cute and very energetic and playful. We've had very good luck with stray cats turning out to be really sweet little fuzzballs.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I always say out loud in my mind HODEO KOJUMBO and smile when I'm having bad day

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
s ranked mission 4 on dante must die, it was smooth sailing from there until mission 10. rock spiders are loving poo poo

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Housh posted:

I always say out loud in my mind HODEO KOJUMBO and smile when I'm having bad day

Hodeo rhymes with rodeo, of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for all of seven dollars I'm honestly liking agents of mayhem, I'll probably get sick of it and drop it partway through, but it has some charm to it

• Locked thread