Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

quote:

To: SeekAndFind
So? She’s a liar and a phony. Big deal, she’s a democrat. Not exactly breaking news. She won because she’s hispanic, more specifically because she’s NOT white. Where she grew up, where she went to college or how much money her family has means nothing to the people in that district. She’s a latina. Enough.
If you believe poo poo like this, why is the GOP not running more Latinx candidates, really makes you think!
:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

sheep-dodger posted:

If you believe poo poo like this, why is the GOP not running more Latinx candidates, really makes you think!
:thunk:

The enthusiasm for Cruz and Rubio was overwhelming wasn’t it? They got dropped like hot potatoes the moment Trump started making anti-Hispanic noises, despite being waaaaaay more qualified and with much more genuine “conservative” street cred.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

BarbarianElephant posted:

The enthusiasm for Cruz and Rubio was overwhelming wasn’t it? They got dropped like hot potatoes the moment Trump started making anti-Hispanic noises, despite being waaaaaay more qualified and with much more genuine “conservative” street cred.

They only like a winner and Cruz turned out to be a loser that literally nobody likes.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
What twitter account grabbed screenshots of the MAGA chud kid's twitter before he started scrubbing it? I should have saved it, but sadly didn't.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
It's Kavanaugh

quote:

To: dirtboy

Rove’s butt boy.

3 posted on 07/09/2018 6:14:54 PM PDT by Pining_4_TX (".... and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed." Acts 13:48)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Lurkinanloomin

I hope so. Lots of boilerplate diversity-signals in this little speech.

7 posted on 07/09/2018 6:17:15 PM PDT by miss marmelstein
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

In Trump we Trust.

quote:

To: Ouderkirk

He has that Bushite stench about him. In DJT I trust though.

9 posted on 07/09/2018 6:17:26 PM PDT by hardspunned
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

NOOOOOO!!!!

Actually I have no idea regarding the relative merits of the top 4 candidates (although I was partial to Judge Amy Barrett, since the Libs seemed to hate her the most), but
I’ll trust that the Lord guided the President’s hand to pick a good one.

15 posted on 07/09/2018 6:18:15 PM PDT by El Cid (Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house...)

quote:

Hired by Keegan at Harvard Law, clerked under Kennedy?

((((Grimacing))))

16 posted on 07/09/2018 6:18:26 PM PDT by VRWCarea51 (The Original 1998 Version)

quote:

To: spincaster

He’s a Jeb Bush pick.

26 posted on 07/09/2018 6:20:44 PM PDT by jjotto (Nex eek, BOOM! for sure!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Pining_4_TX

Yet another elitist Ivy Leaguer on the SC Court. So much for the forgotten Americans from the heartland.

29 posted on 07/09/2018 6:22:36 PM PDT by GOPe Means Bend Over Spell Run
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

Ann No neck Coulter liked him and she likes Romney.

I liked the gal, this guy scares me, he has a liberal smell to him. Bush, Bush

But I will say Trump made it hard for them to attack him.

Levin said any of the four would be good, but he has questions for this pick.

45 posted on 07/09/2018 6:26:28 PM PDT by stockpirate (TYRANNY IS THY NAME REBELLION IS OUR ANSWER. HANG THEM ALL!)

quote:

disappointing. the last thing we need is another inside the beltway ivy educated swamp creature who has spent his life on administrative law cases. Yes, I know Scalia fell into that category too so we can only be hopeful. Then again, so did Roberts.

Now the battle begins.

50 posted on 07/09/2018 6:27:18 PM PDT by KingofZion

quote:

A bushie?
Catholic charities?
Who is this priest that attended and what does he think?
Sounds chummy with Harvard and Georgetown lefties.

57 posted on 07/09/2018 6:31:36 PM PDT by grumpygresh (Abolish administrative law. It's regressive, medieval and unconstitutional!)

quote:

To: stockpirate

The fact that the Bushes love him makes me nervous.

66 posted on 07/09/2018 6:34:33 PM PDT by Terry Mross (On some threads it's best to go st inraight to the comments.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 45 | View Replies]

quote:

I trust Donald, but this guy looks and smells RINO/Deep State.

81 posted on 07/09/2018 6:42:59 PM PDT by ConservativeMind (Trump: Befuddling Democrats, Republicans, and the Media for the benefit of the US and all mankind.)

quote:

To: SecondAmendment

Hopefully this will be President Trump’s “Harriet Miers” moment...

88 posted on 07/09/2018 6:45:37 PM PDT by SecondAmendment (This just proves my latest theory ... LIBERALS RUIN EVERYTHING!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 55 | View Replies]

I'm kinda surprised how lukewarm Freep is on Kavanaugh. It's... well, not good, but hopefully it won't be as terrible as I was fearing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jagged Jim posted:

It's Kavanaugh

In Trump we Trust.

I'm kinda surprised how lukewarm Freep is on Kavanaugh. It's... well, not good, but hopefully it won't be as terrible as I was fearing.

he loving sucks and he's gonna gut any civil rights case in front of him but he once said maybe obamacare isn't the literal rape of the constitution so he's dead to the far right, he's gonna be bad

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lol why isn't the New York billionaire remembering the forgotten Americans of the heartland.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I wonder what they'll say when they hear the news Stormy Daniels got arrested by a law that was never enforced while the guy that caused the issue walked away with no issue?

Oh hell, I know exactly what they'll say, here comes the sexism and stupid traitor comments

quote:

To: conservative98

The Dems unreliable whore just doubled down on it.

7 posted on 7/12/2018, 2:14:38 AM by Hillarys Gate Cult (screanigng t)

quote:

Southern Skank

I’m ashamed personally for her

9 posted on 7/12/2018, 2:15:46 AM by wardaddy (Hanged not hung.)

quote:

Whores gonna whore

16 posted on 7/12/2018, 2:26:18 AM by Yaelle

quote:

Amazing she was not "Performing" with all comers in the parking lot.

I am sure she could standup to the wear and tear....Has to be a bit callused by now.
22 posted on 7/12/2018, 2:36:27 AM by doorgunner69 (Give me the liberty to take care of my own security..........)

And on it goes

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Freep is kind of snores-ville now that Q is on the stage. It’s like legit crazies versus nasty old cranks.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The Freep thread is as old as the Polititoons thread. It has its lulls but it always comes back. Some day, in the far future when Q is but a memory and we all live in the bombed out craters of what was once our civilization, the last member of the Silent Generation will be kept alive like Mr. House in a specially designed posting chamber where their last neurons transmit racial slurs to the FreeRepublic website.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
So what did freep think of the Helsinki press conference? The Fox & Fox Business reactions were immediate WTFs so I'm kind of wondering if even Fox Business has become persona non grata.

Can't bear to look myself...

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Phone posting but a brief look at the presser response reveals Trump has the left on the ropes, Anderson Cooper enjoys butt loving

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Reaction To Trump's Meeting With Putin (Abby Huntsman criticizes him)

Honestly, yeah, it would've made me happy if he did that.

quote:

To: Pinkbell

They would NOT have been satisfied unless Trump punched Putin in the face in front of EVERYONE..that would have made them super happy

5 posted on 07/16/2018 10:59:10 AM PDT by Sarah Barracuda

quote:

What in hell are the liberals whining about?

Do they want to have a war with Russia?

I’m serious.

If not then they need to STFU about the POTUS meeting with the Russian leader or else they need to come right out and demand that we go to war.

These people are so dangerously insane. I worry for my children should one of these nutcases ever sit in the White House again!

6 posted on 07/16/2018 10:59:27 AM PDT by MeganC (There is nothing feminine about feminism.)

Greatest something at least.

quote:

I just watched the press conference. I wasn’t alive obviously for Washington and Lincoln, and was barely sentient for Reagan, but I came away thinking, man, President Trump is going to go down as the greatest President in United States history!

8 posted on 07/16/2018 11:00:07 AM PDT by Behind the Blue Wall

Oh THAT Huntsman!

quote:

Oh, the dark haired girl? I usually see her as I walk through the living room and glance at the TV. My husband watches F n F I gave up on FOX years ago.

Slimy John Huntsman’s daughter? That explains a lot.

16 posted on 07/16/2018 11:03:56 AM PDT by The Deplorable Miss Lemon (If illegals are here to do the jobs Americans won't do why are so many illegals on welfare?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

No collusion!

quote:

Trump didn’t blast Putin publicly about tampering in the 2016 election because he knows and Putin knows it wasn’t the Russians who did it. If Trump had accused Putin directly the MSM would still accuse Trump of colluding with the Russians. Everybody in DC knows the whole tampering narrative is a ruse and a fraud. The real election tampering was done domestically and that’s why the Mueller investigation/coverup is being orchestrated!

21 posted on 07/16/2018 11:08:46 AM PDT by dowcaet

quote:

To: The Deplorable Miss Lemon

The purpose of the meeting between our great President and Mr. Putin was not democrat accusations of Russian meddling. In fact, I’m sure some of the subject matter was of much greater importance. Nevertheless, the propaganda pros control the narrative and try to reduce this meeting to the unfounded meddling accusations. It’s noteworthy that the Russian leader Pointed out criminal activity as related to millions and millions and millions of dollars, with no taxes paid, on the part of our democrat candidate for presidency. As has been clear, it doesn’t matter what Trump does, the mass media would endeavor to paint a picture of an inept president. If he were to discover a cure for cancer, they would go to the defense of cancer cells.

23 posted on 07/16/2018 11:09:19 AM PDT by KierkegaardMAN (This is the sort of stuff up with which I shall not put!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

If a nation is not spying and hacking, they’re not interested in surviving.

This must be our constant exercise and assumption, that every developed and developing nation is right now counting the number of anal hairs of the other guy. And anyone who acts surprised is either naive or lying.

If the Russians hacked the DNC, that is the fault of the DNC. The fact that they did not hack the Trump structure tells you that the Trump people are on their game.

27 posted on 07/16/2018 11:11:17 AM PDT by lurk

quote:

What the hell is the media going to say? They have pre judged Trump and already were planning on savaging anything he said or did.

That was the best summit presser since Tear Down This Wall and Reagan’s walking out of Iceland.

And I actually feel SAFER today since two of the world’s strongest powers are probably on better footing than yesterday. The world should feel safer.

30 posted on 07/16/2018 11:12:53 AM PDT by Yaelle

quote:

To: Behind the Blue Wall

Me too (thinking Trump May well go down as one of the best presidents in history). It’s upsetting to see so many of my compatriots think him stupid, racist, and not understand he better represents THEM AND THEIR NEEDS than all the “cool” presidents they love.

35 posted on 07/16/2018 11:15:26 AM PDT by Yaelle
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

:irony:

quote:

Actually no you didn’t. Your narcissistic self worship is actually at odds with the facts

40 posted on 07/16/2018 11:20:05 AM PDT by MNJohnnie (2016: For the first time since 1984, I voted for a Rep President all other votes were anti Dem)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

I have no idea who this idiot is, Trump was GREAT!!

42 posted on 07/16/2018 11:21:12 AM PDT by raiderboy (Trump has assured us that he will shut down the government to get the WALL in Sept.ith the solar)

quote:

To: MeganC; Pinkbell

Posted this already but Trump is tired and coming off NATO and UK visits, and scrambled eggs Europe plus hostile media/government.

Putin is coming off a World Cup high: his population in euphoric distraction, State-run media propaganda machine touting lies in his favor, Assad seemingly cemented in Syria, China ties strengthened, and Europe bashing Trump over the head. So he has upper hand. For now.

Give it time. Things will change. Not overnight, but still. Mostly because: not all is as well domestically Russia as it appears...Nor in its allied countries of Iran, Turkey, etc...

Also former Soviet space countries like Armenia, Georgia are distancing themselves away from Russia and towards freedom. Russia is actually losing, not gaining ground in influence. It relies on sinister invasions and funding of rogue states like Veneuzeula, Nicaragua, Cuba, Libya to keep US diplomatic interests in key regions on our toes.

46 posted on 07/16/2018 11:23:58 AM PDT by CondoleezzaProtege
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

John Brennan? Neil Cavuto on Fox called it "digusting", and Ed Henry thought he should have called Putin out for the hacking. ? Trump questioned the intelligence agencies with regard to the Clinton investigation...and why not...every American should be and continue asking that question; capitulating to Putin on US election hacking...Why are Neil and others so critical of President Trump and NOT of pres. Obama when he tried to dissuade Israel from electing Netanyahu; Obama physically sent over a cadre of people on tax dollars to do the same thing the Russians tried to do here. How do any of these very vocal know-it-alls know what was said in those two hours??!!

The left and the Deep State are afraid President Trump might just have succeeded with Putin....

I am not surprised at Neil Cavuto's remark, his thinly disguised dislike of President Trump is obvious.

52 posted on 07/16/2018 11:26:54 AM PDT by yoe

quote:

The Deep State is scared s-less that Trump will improve relations with Russia.

The Deep State needs a bogeyman, and Russia is it.

65 posted on 07/16/2018 11:44:14 AM PDT by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

quote:

The bobbleheads on FNC are all trying to swerve to the far left in order to compete with CNN. FNC used to be on at my house all day long. Now, I remote right past it. It has become just another worthless DNC propaganda channel. When you’re looking for Trump haters, it’s a good place to start.

81 posted on 07/16/2018 12:07:32 PM PDT by FlingWingFlyer (#NotARussianBot)

quote:

The only sane person in Washington these days is Donald Trump.

95 posted on 07/16/2018 12:50:30 PM PDT by HarleyD

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
FReep: The only sane person in Washington these days is Donald Trump

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Jagged Jim posted:

[Fox news] has become just another worthless DNC propaganda channel.

:psyduck: imagine being this insane

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

"The deep state needs a bogeyman", I say while accusing american intelligence agencies and cable news of engaging in a vast conspiracy to undermine a reality TV show host.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Showtime says Sacha Baron Cohen did not dress as 'disabled veteran'

quote:

Baron Cohen previously responded in character to Palin's claims on Twitter last week, posting a letter explaining that, while Ruddick was in the "service," he meant "United Parcel." He also wrote that he "only fought for my country once – when I shot a Mexican who came onto my property."

Time to bring Cohen to justice.

quote:

Utter crap!!

My father worked in the postal service and he never referred to it as the Service"

The service he referred to was about the years he did in the army in Korea.

Stupid man. Stupid network.
2 posted on 7/16/2018, 8:48:34 PM by RedMonqey ("Those who turn their arms in for plowshares will be doing the plowing for those who didnÂ’t.")

quote:

To: yesthatjallen
seated on a scooter he is shocked that anyone who assume he NEEDS that scooter.

what a lying human being

3 posted on 7/16/2018, 8:50:18 PM by a fool in paradise (Spygate's clock began in 2015 - what did President Obama know and when did he know it)

quote:

To: RedMonqey
stalinists lie. always

5 posted on 7/16/2018, 8:50:58 PM by a fool in paradise (Spygate's clock began in 2015 - what did President Obama know and when did he know it)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: yesthatjallen
>> explaining that, while Ruddick was in the “service,” he meant “United Parcel.”

lying human being didn’t work for UPS either.

Houston’s libtard rino DA sought prosecution against undercover reporters over less...

10 posted on 7/16/2018, 8:52:44 PM by a fool in paradise (Spygate's clock began in 2015 - what did President Obama know and when did he know it)

quote:

To: a fool in paradise
Is saying “I was in the service.” against the law or is it fraud?

16 posted on 7/16/2018, 9:40:22 PM by Blue House Sue
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

GOP Volunteers Kicked Out Of Uber As Driver Says ‘Welcome To The Resistance’

quote:

To: Simon Green
I keep waiting for these things to happen to me.
I can just imagine this driver doing this to me and a couple of my friends or family who are MAGA!
It would be a very bad decision.

50 posted on 7/17/2018, 12:18:56 AM by snarkytart

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Why wait? Just make up a STDH story like every other online con.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I'm not the best at quotes but I'm fairly certain this isn't an actual one:

quote:

The pinkos seem to not understand that those who sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

12 posted on 17/07/2018, 04:41:00 by BenLurkin (The above is not a statement of fact. It is either satire or opinion. Or both.)

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

jojoinnit posted:

What do you think the over/under is of the group of GOP staffers saying some intensely racist/sexist/islamophobic poo poo loudly and brazenly during the Uber ride?

Because this part of the article is pretty damning:

”Daily Caller Trash” posted:

“It was clear based on our mild conservative political talk that the driver realized we were Republicans,” Russell, who was the rider who ordered the Uber, told The DCNF. After the incident, she received a message from Uber saying that she was inappropriate towards her driver.

They get in their little bubbles and forget that “mild conservative political talk” includes poo poo like defending concentration camps and criminalizing homosexuality.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

FReep: These people are so dangerously insane. I worry for my children should one of these nutcases ever sit in the White House again! 

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Since when have freepers called people gay as a generic insult? I know their rhetoric is of the grade-school variety, but this seems even more nakedly so than normal.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

business hammocks posted:

Since when have freepers called people gay as a generic insult? I know their rhetoric is of the grade-school variety, but this seems even more nakedly so than normal.

Since they were kids. Now they're in their 70s.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Eh, gay to mean bad is a more recent trend (that is declining, thank the gods) due to the AIDS epidemic and the increased attention for gay rights. Gay, and human being and all the other ones, became a lovely shibboleth to prove how straight you were; most outgrow it but freep-types don’t. But before the 80’s—and some cracking before from Stonewall et al and loosening sexual mores—heterosexuality was so pervasive that that lovely shibboleth was less necessary. Obviously 50’s and 60’s America was rampantly homophobic but kids weren’t using gay interchangeably with bad like my closeted child-self was in the 90’s and 00’s.

tldr: I’d be way less surprised to hear a freeper complain about how gay used to mean happy until the queers ruined it, than to use gay to mean “bad”

edit: rereading the posts above it’s about calling people gay which ya has always been a thing and not the “poo poo is gay” sense which I would still find weird from an older person but I’ll just leave this block of text anyway

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 17, 2018

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Pontius Pilate posted:

Eh, gay to mean bad is a more recent trend (that is declining, thank the gods) due to the AIDS epidemic and the increased attention for gay rights. Gay, and human being and all the other ones, became a lovely shibboleth to prove how straight you were; most outgrow it but freep-types don’t. But before the 80’s—and some cracking before from Stonewall et al and loosening sexual mores—heterosexuality was so pervasive that that lovely shibboleth was less necessary. Obviously 50’s and 60’s America was rampantly homophobic but kids weren’t using gay interchangeably with bad like my closeted child-self was in the 90’s and 00’s.

tldr: I’d be way less surprised to hear a freeper complain about how gay used to mean happy until the queers ruined it, than to use gay to mean “bad”

edit: rereading the posts above it’s about calling people gay which ya has always been a thing and not the “poo poo is gay” sense which I would still find weird from an older person but I’ll just leave this block of text anyway

I mean sure back in the day they'd use a different word to say the same poo poo some 30 year old uses "that's so gay" for then, but it's not very surprising that they switch to using gay in the same way now. Because the 90s are again nearly 30 years ago already.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pontius Pilate posted:

I guess it’s good that they’re calling him gay and not throwing around open antisemitism, since it means nazis haven’t infiltrated 80s-90s suburban dad culture yet.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
So is freep buying the "whoops we reviewed the transcripts and I meant to make a double negative there, my bad" bullshit?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

McGlockenshire posted:

So is freep buying the "whoops we reviewed the transcripts and I meant to make a double negative there, my bad" bullshit?

Well, they didn't think it was a problem in the first place....

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

THIS A KEY MOMENT IN WORLD HISTORY: Deep State In Total Panic & Fully Exposed

Freep:

quote:

These COMMIE IDIOTS do NOT want to go to War with the GOP!
We have all the guns + Military + Special Forces

All Democrats have are dildos

11 posted on 7/18/2018, 3:36:32 AM by KavMan

quote:

To: Enlightened1
Brennen, Clapper and Comey, three lines, no waiting...

16 posted on 7/18/2018, 4:02:42 AM by Chode ( WeÂ’re America, Bitch!)

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Georgia Peach posted:

I'll never get tired of freepers shrieking about the supposed perfidious deep state, while simultaneously jerking off about the military intervening and overthrowing democracy (i.e more akin to the original use of the deep state term re: Turkey).

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

jojoinnit posted:

ooooh, look out, the rascal brigade will roll slowly in your direction till you walk away.

RasperFat posted:

What do you think the over/under is of the group of GOP staffers saying some intensely racist/sexist/islamophobic poo poo loudly and brazenly during the Uber ride?

Because this part of the article is pretty damning:

They get in their little bubbles and forget that “mild conservative political talk” includes poo poo like defending concentration camps and criminalizing homosexuality.

Like the kids at that restaurant that had their MAGA hat stolen. "Mild conservative talk" seems to be talking loudly and as smugly as possible about poo poo you shouldn't be proud of...you know, if you weren't some type of psycho

Georgia Peach posted:

Yeah, and every time you fucks have tried to rise up, either the FBI arrested your asses or the "liberals"* beat your asses physically back down so your side would run off and cry from behind mommy's skirt again about how mean we are

* "liberals" meaning all the people regardless of politics that recognize good from evil and take a stand for good

As far as the hanging threat goes, I wonder why Lotax gets investigated for idle threats made here but freep seems to cruise along freely making threats all the time.
Still amazes me they call Obama a traitor for bowing to some royalty, but Trump practically drops to his knees to wrap his lips around Putin's dick and they cheer him on as a strong leader

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 18, 2018

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm rural chud America that fails to recognize it is our urban centers that actually have money, trade access, and industry in the US:

Sherman posted:

You people speak so lightly of war; you don't know what you're talking about. War is a terrible thing! You mistake, too, the people of the North. They are a peaceable people but an earnest people, and they will fight, too. They are not going to let this country be destroyed without a mighty effort to save it … Besides, where are your men and appliances of war to contend against them? The North can make a steam engine, locomotive, or railway car; hardly a yard of cloth or pair of shoes can you make. You are rushing into war with one of the most powerful, ingeniously mechanical, and determined people on Earth — right at your doors. You are bound to fail. Only in your spirit and determination are you prepared for war. In all else you are totally unprepared, with a bad cause to start with. At first you will make headway, but as your limited resources begin to fail, shut out from the markets of Europe as you will be, your cause will begin to wane. If your people will but stop and think, they must see in the end that you will surely fail.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

For anyone else curious, the key moment is a YouTube video I'm not bothering to click on but the summary on Freep is:

Former CIA Director John Brennan and others are "threatening the killing of Donald Trump" when they accuse him of treason, so says our friend Harley Schlanger, "and I think this is a key moment in world history where Americans have to get behind their President and defend him from these people who are trying to pul a regime change in Washington."

Don't know or care who Harley is. I'm uncomfortable with how many crazy people I'm aware of as is.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

jojoinnit posted:

For anyone else curious, the key moment is a YouTube video I'm not bothering to click on but the summary on Freep is:

Former CIA Director John Brennan and others are "threatening the killing of Donald Trump" when they accuse him of treason, so says our friend Harley Schlanger, "and I think this is a key moment in world history where Americans have to get behind their President and defend him from these people who are trying to pul a regime change in Washington."

Don't know or care who Harley is. I'm uncomfortable with how many crazy people I'm aware of as is.

This is pretty much standard from the Trumpists. Any criticism of Dear Leader is an attempt to overthrow the US presidency. Think of them more as like the North Korea leadership. If it weren't for that pesky Constitution they'd have "re-education" centers set up and be gleefully executing people in public and if not executing the family members alongside, they'll send them off to the camps to slave the rest of their lives.
Sure, it sounds like hyperbole, but there's years and years of examples in this thread alone they don't want democracy but a dictatorship with their guys in power and untouchable whether it fucks them over or not.

And this reminds me of a coworker who wants them to finally kill the AHA once and for all. When I asked him what he'd do for medical coverage since he's taking meds for high blood pressure he tells me he doesn't have to worry because our company provides a medical plan. "You realize the only reason they offer insurance is because the AHA forces them to, right?" Still no answer beyond the wharblgarbl of a Trumper trying to have his cake and eat it too

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 18, 2018

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

It's because there are POOR PEOPLE (read: blacks) getting STUFF THEY DON'T DESERVE for FREE. But not Jimmy, he's one of the good ones.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

SocketWrench posted:

Like the kids at that restaurant that had their MAGA hat stolen. "Mild conservative talk" seems to be talking loudly and as smugly as possible about poo poo you shouldn't be proud of...you know, if you weren't some type of psycho
Yeah it's basically "Rule Lawyering" combined with racist water torture and a heaping helping of dog whistles, like they'll stand near a group of black people and just start saying "Boy I sure do love FRIED CHICKEN and WATERMELON" louder and louder until someone reacts and then screaming "WHAT? Tell me EXACTLY what I said!! Who DOESN'T love fried chicken and watermelon??". Because the phrase "micro aggression" has no meaning for them.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

InsertPotPun posted:

Because the phrase "micro aggression" has no meaning for them.

...said about the people who get into a frothing rage when you say "happy holidays"

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I'm so deep into the Q bullshit on reddit that I hop over to Freep for a dose of normality please send help

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Smeep posted:

I'm so deep into the Q bullshit on reddit that I hop over to Freep for a dose of normality please send help

I know there's been a running joke for months that the Onion must hate trying to come up with poo poo more insane than reality, so they pretty much just posted the Q Anon theory as an article the other day.

https://politics.theonion.com/mueller-reveals-russia-investigation-just-elaborate-sti-1827696431

Of course their Facebook post for it got hit by true believers in the comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Tony Phillips posted:

I know there's been a running joke for months that the Onion must hate trying to come up with poo poo more insane than reality, so they pretty much just posted the Q Anon theory as an article the other day.

https://politics.theonion.com/mueller-reveals-russia-investigation-just-elaborate-sti-1827696431

Of course their Facebook post for it got hit by true believers in the comments.

Yeah there were a few reddit/GA posts on that, mostly trolls but a bunch of people were like "this is how they prepare us/first they mock you/how brazen to just admit it like this" etc.