Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

ZombieLenin posted:

Noster is my favorite CC for this very reason. Most of the others seem like try hard cry babies, “oh my god you didn’t fix the mini map render issue exactly like I proscribed! Hurrrr...” I am looking at you Flamu.

Flamu literally seems like a person for whom, if I met in real life and discussed anything with, I would struggle with my instinctual desire to punch in the face.

Flamu is bad, but I have discovered the FC of CR33D, Runner357, is even worse. He literally cannot understand sarcasm, and views the entire world through the lens of him having been in the Swedish military.

NTRabbit posted:

What kind of stroke are you setting up for yourself by internalising the rage every match instead of unleashing it on pubbies?

I literally don't get enraged at this, dude. Definitely not to that degree. Sometimes I get frustrated, even enough to mention it in here with unrelated people. I've mentioned it a couple times in here before, but, div'ing with my dad, in his 70s, who is basically the ultimate potato, has taught me how to understand the vast array of perspectives involved. It's also why I didn't play more than a day of ranked. I get it there, and in CB obivously. It's a competitive format, the wins count for more than some XP and credits, I get it. In random's though, just laugh at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Hot from the presses:

quote:

Some changes are made to Stalingrad 2.

AP Bounce angles are equal to USN 8in, 30deg to start ricochet, 22.5deg to always ricochet.
AP fuse delay changed from 0.033 to 0.022.
AP fuse threshold is decreased from 51 to 34. (It should behave like normal 8inch APs.)
Repair rate for citadel increased from 10% to 33%. (This change is also applied to Stalingrad 1.)
HE removed.
DISPERSION NERFED, too much. Dispersion ellipse is the same as German BB. (previously, The parameters were Graf Spees'. before that, were USN BBs'. Now it has the worst dispersion ever.)
Sigma increased from 2.05 to 2.25.
Rudder shift time decreased from 19.6 to 16.3. (It's equal to Stalingrad 1.)

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Darkrenown posted:

Hot from the presses:

That seems to be a very heavy nerfing, they really do go from one extreme to the other.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Typical Wargaming things.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
They seem baffled as to what they want the Stalingrad to be :shrug:

Verloc
Feb 15, 2001

Note to self: Posting 'lulz' is not a good idea.

Cobbsprite posted:

Might be less uncommon than you think, I got 3 cits into a Montana from about 11km with a Mass, same match where I ate a DD and an FDG with secondaries. The description says that Mass's guns are low-accuracy, but I've found them nothing but devastating.
Oh darn, can't snipe with my built-from-the-ground-up brawler bote. I'll just have to content myself with being a mobile 22km diameter terrordrome. :shrug:

The combination of main battery punch and handling are really great for knife fights. I can't count the number of Iowas I've killed that try to go for the ram, get juked, and die from a point blank salvo to their broadside.

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

They seem baffled as to what they want the Stalingrad to be :shrug:

It's almost like putting the Stalingrad in the game as a cruiser is a fundamentally bad idea, but they already went ahead and promised it to a lot of people before they ever tested it. Oops.

It would really only work as a lower tier BB, but if they made that change now people would lose their poo poo.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Tathris posted:

It's almost like putting the Stalingrad in the game as a cruiser is a fundamentally bad idea, but they already went ahead and promised it to a lot of people before they ever tested it. Oops.

It would really only work as a lower tier BB, but if they made that change now people would lose their poo poo.

It would also mean no one would bother with clam wars and ranked. This is going to be the top steel cost ship. So marketing is forcing it to be t10 to keep up attendance to the other two.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sure they can fix it, they can shelve the Stalingrad hull for the moment, come up with a tier 10 alternative they can sell for steel, and stick the Stalingrad in as a Russian BB tree launch premium at tier 7 when they come out later this year.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Tathris posted:

It can work, the Kronshtadt proves that it doesn't have to be OP or gimped. The problem they're having is they sold it early on as "this with be the best tier 10 cruiser as an award for the best players," but they need to make it so that clan wars doesn't become a microcosm of capitalism with the best teams staying the best by curbstomping everyone in groups of Stalingrads cruising about.

It is a battlecruiser that has the better DC/fire duration of a cruiser, but big scharnhorst like guns. Make it really vulnerable to HE spam and give it a very high but well armored citadel, so they have to position well to take full advantage of its strengths.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

Noster is my favorite CC for this very reason. Most of the others seem like try hard cry babies, “oh my god you didn’t fix the mini map render issue exactly like I proscribed! Hurrrr...” I am looking at you Flamu.

Flamu literally seems like a person for whom, if I met in real life and discussed anything with, I would struggle with my instinctual desire to punch in the face.

Regardless of what a tryhard sperg Flamu is, the minimap issue - or rather the spotting issue - remains completely idiotic. I should not be having to wait 10+ seconds for a loving contact to be revealed at long range, and issues where someone has fired and I could only just barely fire back (if at all, due to now-intervening terrain) because their loving sensor contact took so long to resolve is ridiculous. And before any sort of RL poo poo is argued, that's never been the reasoning behind this. It's "oh, we have to be fair to those with poo poo internet connections" - and bluntly, no you don't.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Lord Koth posted:

Regardless of what a tryhard sperg Flamu is, the minimap issue - or rather the spotting issue - remains completely idiotic. I should not be having to wait 10+ seconds for a loving contact to be revealed at long range, and issues where someone has fired and I could only just barely fire back (if at all, due to now-intervening terrain) because their loving sensor contact took so long to resolve is ridiculous. And before any sort of RL poo poo is argued, that's never been the reasoning behind this. It's "oh, we have to be fair to those with poo poo internet connections" - and bluntly, no you don't.

The point wasn't about the minimap, it's that Flamu is totally insufferable.

For me Flambass is a good compromise. Notser is fine in Youtube vids but he's kind of boring as hell on stream. Flambass is a great player technically, is definitely willing to do dumb poo poo for the hell of it, can take a joke/understands basic human interactions, doesn't take himself too seriously. Sure he gets salty from time to time but, I think he's the best compromise.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Being a tryhard sperg is good and so is flamu.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Lord Koth posted:

Yeah, it isn’t so much about whether or not rendering causes problems—it does, but given that this hardware dependent on the client side there aren’t very many ‘good’ solutions—it’s Flamu’s reaction of...

“Everyone at Wargaming is a piece of poo poo for not having fixed this to my liking, and so is every other player who, like ZombieLenin, is half way understanding and agrees this is a hard issue to fix. People like him should uninstall.”

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

DonkeyHotay posted:

Being a tryhard sperg is good and so is flamu.

Flamu is all right. Being a tryhard sperg is definitely good though.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Flambass is the best Eurostream with the name that starts with 'Flam'

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Heartcatch posted:

Flamu is all right. Being a tryhard sperg is definitely good though.

You can be a try hard sperg without being an rear end in a top hat crybaby with sociopathic tendencies. Flamu has the try hard sperg down, not the other bits that would make him seem like a person I wouldn’t have to fight the urge to punch in the face if I met him.

That’s really what I am trying to say.

Edit.

I wouldn’t mind iChase so much if his voice didn’t make him sound like a 12 year old. I literally prefer Eurobeats heavily accented English to listening to iChase talk.

Double edit.

Making fun of someone’s voice—now I sound like the rear end in a top hat with sociopathic tendencies. I see what you did there. Well played internet. Well played.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jul 19, 2018

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

toadee posted:

The point wasn't about the minimap, it's that Flamu is totally insufferable.

For me Flambass is a good compromise. Notser is fine in Youtube vids but he's kind of boring as hell on stream. Flambass is a great player technically, is definitely willing to do dumb poo poo for the hell of it, can take a joke/understands basic human interactions, doesn't take himself too seriously. Sure he gets salty from time to time but, I think he's the best compromise.

Flambass is great to watch with the sound off.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

I can't really stand Flambass streams and vid but have nothing on Flamu honestly. Maybe that's just sharing the degenerate forest-mongol gene set and sociopathic tendencies of our kind with him, though.

Just haven't felt like booting up WoWs in months for some reason, other than few matches when the US cruiser line split to rake the captain XP. Dunno why, but I've got enough of the fix just running the stream on background occasionally... It's weird, I know running Scharnhorst and Leningrad around after a while for a bit would probably be good fun.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Re: Competitive meta, right now Strangers123 is streaming OMNI clan battles - they are running Conqueror, 3x Zao, Worcester, Moskva, and radar Yueyang. I've now seen every tier 10 cruiser show up in top-tier Euro clan battles.

EDIT: Now they ran into TWA, running Republique, 2x Worcester, 4x Minotaur lol

toadee fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 19, 2018

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Did Omaha secretly get buffed? Started playing it again to unlock stuff and I'm doing stupidly well in it.

Also, today's ship on sale is A poo poo Take. Is the special camo still available for this? Not going to touch it otherwise since I already have a Mutsu and a Nagato with permacamo.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

As I understand it, Ashitaka will be getting the actually decent IJN 410mm shells at some point in the nearish future, so it'll at least have good hitting power. I still wouldn't get it for any number of reasons, but that'll probably move it up to being a fairly decent ship.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Sperglord Actual posted:

Did Omaha secretly get buffed? Started playing it again to unlock stuff and I'm doing stupidly well in it.

Also, today's ship on sale is A poo poo Take. Is the special camo still available for this? Not going to touch it otherwise since I already have a Mutsu and a Nagato with permacamo.

I had the same experience. Part of it is that it does have good firepower and it is very maneuverable so if you stay at range, it can work. Part of it is the slower low tier BBs cannot dodge floaty arcs as well.

But it still is utterly squishy, so the moment you get fired at, you die.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

Yeah, it isn’t so much about whether or not rendering causes problems—it does, but given that this hardware dependent on the client side there aren’t very many ‘good’ solutions—it’s Flamu’s reaction of...

“Everyone at Wargaming is a piece of poo poo for not having fixed this to my liking, and so is every other player who, like ZombieLenin, is half way understanding and agrees this is a hard issue to fix. People like him should uninstall.”

You are completely wrong about why he got so mad about it though. He specifically asked in the CC-Dev channels if they were gonna do X and not Y, and they confirmed they were gonna do X and not Y, and then they did Y. Not only was Y the dumber option, it was yet another example of how WG is constantly confused about what they are actually doing, how their game works, and how to interact with the community. Sure, you could still say not to sperg out about it, but it was more reasonable than you are making it out to be.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Everyone at wargaming *is* a piece of poo poo though.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Darkrenown posted:

You are completely wrong about why he got so mad about it though. He specifically asked in the CC-Dev channels if they were gonna do X and not Y, and they confirmed they were gonna do X and not Y, and then they did Y. Not only was Y the dumber option, it was yet another example of how WG is constantly confused about what they are actually doing, how their game works, and how to interact with the community. Sure, you could still say not to sperg out about it, but it was more reasonable than you are making it out to be.

I am not wrong. It is something that is largely dependent on the ability of someone’s computer to render; however, it does not really matter because you are making my point. The man almost burst a blood vessel because Wargaming “fix” the issue the way he wanted, and he then turned around and basically said everyone who disagreed with him was a retard who didn’t know how to play or make video games—the big irony being that the closest this Finnish manchild ever came to video game development is reviewing Wargaming’s products on YouTube.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Blindeye posted:

I had the same experience. Part of it is that it does have good firepower and it is very maneuverable so if you stay at range, it can work. Part of it is the slower low tier BBs cannot dodge floaty arcs as well.
Also it doesn't need IFHE to damage everything it sees unlike higher tier light cruisers. It'll also set more fires due to lower innate fire resistance on everything and having more turrets to shoot with.

The Omaha (and Murmansk) are pretty great once you figure out how to US Light Cruiser (or 'how to hug your island and what islands are good for hugging.')

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

I feel like you people have no idea how your average dev department works. Like yeah, sure, they clearly aren't the greatest product development team mankind has ever known. Fact is though, there's so many things that go into making changes to a large complex codebase that sound simple in principle, are simple on paper, but are a bitch to implement because of concerns for introducing regressions, unintended consequences, etc. Sometimes people make mistakes and think one solution will work OK, but when you get into the code or into the QA process you uncover something unforeseen. Often those are architectural issues from early on mistakes or oversights that are difficult to work back from. Honestly, the "Im super special and Im right clearly god everyone is just the loving WORST" attitude is just generally corrosive in gaming culture as a whole. Like, gently caress off, it's some people who are making a game for a job, you clearly enjoy it enough to give a poo poo, they acknowledged your concern and are working on it, if you can't respond in a civil manner - like say "oh ok, just double checking cuz in my testing it looks like the solution wasn't implemented as intended, thanks for working on this though!", then please just shut up and go learn how to be a decent person.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I like DonkeyHotay, they say good things.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

I am not wrong. It is something that is largely dependent on the ability of someone’s computer to render;

I didn't say anything about that, did I? Well I guess I did say it was the dumber option, but you are ignoring the majority of my post explaining why Flamu was actually mad so you can pretend you are right on a technical detail you don't actually know about. If you really want to talk about that aspect, there's nothing technically hard about removing a programmed in delay either, in the sense it's "difficult" it's only a question of "how much should we penalise people with ok computers so Russians running WoWS on toasters aren't too outclassed?", it's just a design choice as far as I can see.

toadee posted:

I feel like you people have no idea how your average dev department works. Like yeah, sure, they clearly aren't the greatest product development team mankind has ever known. Fact is though, there's so many things that go into making changes to a large complex codebase that sound simple in principle, are simple on paper, but are a bitch to implement because of concerns for introducing regressions, unintended consequences, etc. Sometimes people make mistakes and think one solution will work OK, but when you get into the code or into the QA process you uncover something unforeseen. Often those are architectural issues from early on mistakes or oversights that are difficult to work back from. Honestly, the "Im super special and Im right clearly god everyone is just the loving WORST" attitude is just generally corrosive in gaming culture as a whole. Like, gently caress off, it's some people who are making a game for a job, you clearly enjoy it enough to give a poo poo, they acknowledged your concern and are working on it, if you can't respond in a civil manner - like say "oh ok, just double checking cuz in my testing it looks like the solution wasn't implemented as intended, thanks for working on this though!", then please just shut up and go learn how to be a decent person.

This is basic public relations/communication with your testers. If you don't know for sure how something is going to be implemented just say you don't know or can't say yet rather than assuring them of an answer which isn't true. If you do tell them something which later has to be changed for some reason, you do back and let them know rather than them having to find out through testing. This isn't a change to the codebase as a whole, it's a specific issue which was changed in a specific way. How it was changed should either have been documented when it was done, or if it wasn't done when they answered, should have been planned to be done in a specific way. Sure, Flamu still shouldn't have been mean to the devs about it, but as I understand it, this was just the latest in a long line of similar issues with the devteam constantly loving up and miscommunicating which was why he'd been careful to ask what was planned only for it to have turned out to have been another mess. IIRC it was also around the time WG started threatening CCs who gave negative reviews with copyright strikes, which could ruin their YT channels, and a bunch of WoT and WoWS CCs quit, so things have been simmering for a while. I have not went back and checked the dates of these things, so forgive me if I am incorrect on the timeline, but it was never just about Flamu being mad they didn't do what he wanted.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Darkrenown posted:

IIRC it was also around the time WG started threatening CCs who gave negative reviews with copyright strikes, which could ruin their YT channels, and a bunch of WoT and WoWS CCs quit, so things have been simmering for a while. I have not went back and checked the dates of these things, so forgive me if I am incorrect on the timeline, but it was never just about Flamu being mad they didn't do what he wanted.

It doesn't really change anything, but as I understand this video from 2015 got iChase threatened with copyright claims

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
I was thinking of SirFoch and his Chrysler review.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

toadee posted:

The problem with your reasoning here is that this wouldn't have been some newfangled change, what Flamu (and most other players) wanted was a reversion they already had in place loving years ago. Because unless I'm greatly misremembering, the whole "minimap and actual spotting correctly synced" WAS working correctly at game launch and then WG screwed with it at some point "in the issue of fairness." Except it's really not (unless WG's minimum requirements are false), because the correct answer to some people not having a good enough internet connection is not "nerf everyone else."

The real joke is the WG is apparently trying to get into the professional game circuit while still doing this moronic "designing to the lowest common denominator" poo poo.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Lord Koth posted:

The problem with your reasoning here is that this wouldn't have been some newfangled change, what Flamu (and most other players) wanted was a reversion they already had in place loving years ago. Because unless I'm greatly misremembering, the whole "minimap and actual spotting correctly synced" WAS working correctly at game launch and then WG screwed with it at some point "in the issue of fairness." Except it's really not (unless WG's minimum requirements are false), because the correct answer to some people not having a good enough internet connection is not "nerf everyone else."

The real joke is the WG is apparently trying to get into the professional game circuit while still doing this moronic "designing to the lowest common denominator" poo poo.

I mean, are you a software engineer? Sometimes it's hard/impossible to go back to something you had previously, even if from the outside it seems trivial. I mean maybe it's not, and they don't want to because of some other reason/priority. Point is, there is absolutely no way anyone on the outside can possibly know for certain how easy something is or is not to implement on someone else's codebase, and I mean, shouldn't we give people a modicum of decency when interacting about it? Especially someone like Flamu, who I mean, is literally in a position to get invited to their HQ and interact with these people.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

toadee posted:

I mean, are you a software engineer? Sometimes it's hard/impossible to go back to something you had previously, even if from the outside it seems trivial. I mean maybe it's not, and they don't want to because of some other reason/priority. Point is, there is absolutely no way anyone on the outside can possibly know for certain how easy something is or is not to implement on someone else's codebase, and I mean, shouldn't we give people a modicum of decency when interacting about it? Especially someone like Flamu, who I mean, is literally in a position to get invited to their HQ and interact with these people.

Given the number of times WG has released a version of something that's utter and complete broken garbage (in either direction) that should have been blatantly obvious even on the basic stat sheet? No, cutting them slack on something like this is not in the cards - especially on core concepts like balancing loving internet connectivity that plenty of MP games somehow manage to do effectively.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

toadee posted:

Point is, there is absolutely no way anyone on the outside can possibly know for certain how easy something is or is not to implement on someone else's codebase, and I mean, shouldn't we give people a modicum of decency when interacting about it?

Considering their approach to fixing supposed matchmaker issues regarding preferential premiums in World of Tanks that were introduced when they pushed the 3/5/7 format was, essentially, to try and persuade everyone that preferential premiums were the problem, say they're changing them and say they'll allow people to swap out their tanks if they don't like them after the changes (for an additional fee.) To top it all off they had a preferential premium bundle on sale (on the EU cluster) the week they made the announcement.

Wargaming have been burning a lot of the goodwill they've built up over the years lately so it's not surprising that the answer to your question is trending to 'no' for more and more people.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jul 19, 2018

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.
The real lesson here is that caring is a trap. Just spam HE and laugh your way to Davey Jones.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Cobbsprite posted:

The real lesson here is that caring is a trap. Just spam HE and laugh your way to Davey Jones.

and here i was about to gush more about the nelson.

seriously i love this boat.

nothing like trapping half the team on a flank and just murderizing them while AP bounces off your bow and you just heal all the he damage :xd:

Confederate, High Caliber, Dreadnought, Fireproof

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 20, 2018

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

How do you find it as a credit maker? Current T8 hell matchmaking is making my usual Alabama money farming a bit of a pain. Have got 400k FXP that i was slowly accruing with the goal of the next T9 stuff like the Alaska, Nelson is really tempting though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

James Garfield posted:

It doesn't really change anything, but as I understand this video from 2015 got iChase threatened with copyright claims

He got threatened because he made an angry video about the Graf Zeppelin being a completely broken clusterfuck at initial release.