Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Yeah, as soon as I started grinding for the speed books they stopped showing up. WBU rewards are way too random, it would be nice if they set it so you're guaranteed a book for each lvl 10+ clear or something. I'm mostly running lvl 1 because there's just no reason to do the harder ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

they come up more frequently on the daily worldboss so it would be nice if they let us reroll that, like the patch notes claimed we'd be able to

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I only got so lucky with those 5 in 4 plays because he was the Daily Boss. It took me the better part of 2 weeks to get the first 5 books.

It's still better that the fragments.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh so this is how they’re going to make the summer stretch exciting.

https://twitter.com/marvel_ffightus/status/1020050653438259201?s=21

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I was just telling my alliance that I bet the easiest big update for the movie break is Deadpool. He's such an obvious one now that they're not ignoring the mutants and non MCU people. I was unsure if they'd do a full movie costume update like that for Cable and the others but cool.

Now they just need to work on the Fantastic Four...

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT
Oh sure, right after I blow my wad on the current uniform sale. Better not be too many uniforms to buy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cable obviously and maybe Colossus. Otherwise the likely candidates (Domino, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, etc) are all new characters so its only costumes if they pull that double release Comics version/Movie costume thing they did with Ghost, Shuri, and Killmonger.

Now that they've upped the prices of costumes to all be expensive it does kind of feel impossible to ever fully catch up. But that's probably a good thing since it means there will always be something to chase.

In conclusion... we're probably getting a character named Negasonic Teenage Warhead in the game.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I wonder if they’re going to come up with some crazy requirements for Deadpool or just make him a typical sub only character.

They’re going to make a lot of money off of him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I half expect him to get his own new bio sub that costs 3x as much money. If they just throw him on the X-Gene one that feels too easy.

Maybe they'll go crazy and build a new Epic Mission with a huge Magneto/Jean cost or something.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I was unsure if they'd do a full movie costume update like that for Cable and the others but cool.

Deadpool and Fantastic Four are both Fox properties, so getting the base characters is possible but stuff from the movies specifically is much harder.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think anyone wants the Fantastic Four movie characters.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
That was more in response to your asking for a full movie costume update.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ha, yeah, I hear you. I just guess I made a leap because of the apparent Cable costume.

Although Disney did move one step closer to buying Fox today and I honestly have no idea what the rights are like for the game. But yeah, I guess you're right that I just got ahead of it because I find it so amusing to type/say Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

When they finally do the FF it will mark the first time I will ever buy crystals. Specifically for my boys Ben and Vic. Wade is cool, but if they crystal gate him like Adam Warlock I will probably never get him because gently caress that.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
I’m guessing Deadpool will be an epic quest... or possibly a jean style character unlock. I’m also almost certain there will be a paywall character level requirement in said quest.

Honestly I’m just as excited for a cable uni.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i think he'll be a jean style unlock and juggernaut will be the 8000 crystal magneto character

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the Epic Quest with a bunch of new mutants and Deadpool in the Jean Grey spot really seems like the most likely way to make him tough as gently caress to get and cash in on people who just want to cut the line and buy it.

And it makes the X Genes and mutant resources more useful which is a good thing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Maybe we can get Psylock and Gambit too? I honestly felt like they'd be the next X-men.

Best case that's realistic, Deadpool is a sub character. Worse case he's available only from a hideously expensive box that is only available for crystals and you only get a random amount of bios.

Domino will probably be a selector character.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Ahahahaha, holy poo poo I am going to whale in a very regrettable way on Deadpool and Domino. Fml

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

To add to what's been said, they will probably make Cable's new Uniform into his World Boss Ultimate stage, where you can earn mats to T3 X-people.
And I bet that Cable and/or Deadpool will be level 70's with T3 abilities.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh Deadpool will definitely be T3-able.

Geaelith
Jan 14, 2017

The Diddler posted:

Yeah, as soon as I started grinding for the speed books they stopped showing up. WBU rewards are way too random, it would be nice if they set it so you're guaranteed a book for each lvl 10+ clear or something. I'm mostly running lvl 1 because there's just no reason to do the harder ones.

Ehhhhh, the boxes you get from stage 20+ drop CTP and Premium Cards as well as T2 mats, so there's good reason to do those. Levels 10-19 suck rear end though and the chests are mostly phoenix feathers/mkraan, which is even worse than the 1-9 chests.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I don't think anyone wants the Fantastic Four movie characters.

I WILL PAY $300 FOR SILVER SURFER

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I managed to do all my WB as WBU last night, 4 BD and 1 PM.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
SL 21 needs Villian Blast. I have none besides like, Kingpin. I guess I should not use Magneto earlier (no idea which stage I used him on)?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

What the heck stage requires villain blast?

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

fart simpson posted:

What the heck stage requires villain blast?

Hulk, Maestro, Kingpin? I don't think it specifies Blast, but it does specify villain.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

just use a universal villain theres like 20 of em

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Davedog posted:

Hulk, Maestro, Kingpin? I don't think it specifies Blast, but it does specify villain.

I use my T1 uncostumed Mordo for that. 3 for invulnerable, 4, 2 for stun, 5, repeat. If you make any effort to position right, you can keep both bad guys hit locked and stun locked whenever you’re vulnerable.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A strong enough blast hero should do the job too. Sometimes I forget and use one on that Maestro stage and it works out. I only really have Magneto and Mordo as blast villains so I try and save them. And Kaecilius but he does physical and that stage reflects it. He's better for an early wave or something.

It took me way longer than it should have to realize that one of the keys to Rumbles is to not go in there alone. Even if you have two bums with you it keeps everyone from jumping you at the same time if you're running alone. I now use characters like Misterio and my 5* Quasar soley as punching bags because they don't seem to die so they always keep someone distracted and prevent me from getting swarmed.

I used all the new Ant Man stuff in the first few stages of Shadowland this week. Goliath seemed pretty good. He's got 3 or 4 iframes and seemed to do good damage. Ant Man and Wasp both delivered more damage and took very little. Pym Ultron also took down the villain wave but he seems like someone I gotta figure out a rotation on. All in all they all proved viable. No Ghost or Nadia yet. I'm waiting for a few more pay characters.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I T2'd Yellownjacket but he's not pulling it off, guess I need a uniform?

E: god dammit I didn't realize some of his attacks are phys

the only other 6/6 Villian I have is Hela but she's just T1. I have 3 T2 tickets should I just pull the trigger on her?

VVVVV. I T2d her without uniform and she just can't cut it. Looking at her uniform it changes the hell out of a lot of things and also gives her a short CD immunity which she didnt have before. Hard to believe there was a time they put out chars without even a shield let alone a self heal or lots and lots of guard break.

The only other good non phys villian I have is Black Maw but he's 1*

Adult Sword Owner fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 23, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hela at T2 with her Ragnarok costume is pretty solid and could probably get you past that floor. But I think you need the costume. I'm not 100% sure since i never really used her before it.

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I T2'd Yellownjacket but he's not pulling it off, guess I need a uniform?

E: god dammit I didn't realize some of his attacks are phys

the only other 6/6 Villian I have is Hela but she's just T1. I have 3 T2 tickets should I just pull the trigger on her?

VVVVV. I T2d her without uniform and she just can't cut it. Looking at her uniform it changes the hell out of a lot of things and also gives her a short CD immunity which she didnt have before. Hard to believe there was a time they put out chars without even a shield let alone a self heal or lots and lots of guard break.

The only other good non phys villian I have is Black Maw but he's 1*

YJ should be able to do it just with his 5th skill. Hit the 5, kite around the edge of the arena to avoid getting hit, repeat. Easier if you have VIP 3 and can tag out to heal if you get hit.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

1.21 GIGATWATS posted:

YJ should be able to do it just with his 5th skill. Hit the 5, kite around the edge of the arena to avoid getting hit, repeat. Easier if you have VIP 3 and can tag out to heal if you get hit.

I assume this is with a uni? Cause poor boy ain't got one yet. He will be my next crystal purchase tho.

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I assume this is with a uni? Cause poor boy ain't got one yet. He will be my next crystal purchase tho.

No uniform and T1 has taken floor 23 for me before. It's easier if you can put something with a damage proc on him and time the proc with the 5. I have a 4* crit damage / crit rate / 100% proc with POAH on him and it works.

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!
Any space available in Marble Hebrons? Just left worst alliance since 2/3 of the alliance seems to be dead. IGN is SApropgun

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

1.21 GIGATWATS posted:

Any space available in Marble Hebrons? Just left worst alliance since 2/3 of the alliance seems to be dead. IGN is SApropgun

Making room for you now.

Apply now. Made two spots.

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Making room for you now.

Applied! Thanks, ICR

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Making room for you now.

I applied as well! Username: plainswalker75

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
drat, sorry to have to make another post like this, but any room in Hebrons or any other alliance? In game name is Blarrrrrgh (5 r's).