Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

For the low price of FIVE brand new AAA games you can buy a ship that will be in the game who knows when, for a mechanic that will be in the game who knows when and it doesn't even include the game.

What a bargain!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

chaosapiant posted:

I think the gist is that while he had MS, it hadn't progressed to the point where he couldn't play the game yet. But his condition is worsening as MS tends to do and by the time the game is released he'll have lost all fine motor controls.

Nah, the thing was that he had enough control that he could play slower games like a turn based strategy but he couldn't play twitch games like counter-strike.

And since star citizen was just everything everybody wanted, he imagined it being more like EVE Online which is the kind of thing he COULD play. But then as more details came out, it ends up its gonna be twitchy.

Its another symptom of how lovely SC is that they didn't really describe what it was at all, there was no real design, just vague concepts. Everybody filled those vague concepts with their own perfect ideal game, and that's why it sold. But no real game can ever possibly fulfill everybody's different vision at the same time. (And CIG is incompetent so they couldn't even implement ONE person's vision)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

big nipples big life posted:

For the low price of FIVE brand new AAA games you can buy a ship that will be in the game who knows when, for a mechanic that will be in the game who knows when and it doesn't even include the game.

What a bargain!!!

Don't be a negative nancy, that second package offers about THREE brand new AAA games in savings!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

OH gently caress you Sandi. Agh gently caress. I don't know if she's just so clueless about video games that she thinks Chris really is doing original things or if she's just intentionally hyping his bullshit along with him, probably both.

But what "inspiration" for procedural planets? Procedural planets were already a thing in other games years and years and years before star citizen. So is she saying the specific planets in SC were inspired? But like, there aren't any. There's like what 2 planets and they're both just like round rocks with some perlin noise for terrain geometry?

loving god damnit, these people should be in jail, not jetsetting around the world riding on yachts.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Agony Aunt posted:

Gave it a quick watch. More fluff. Some "gameplay". Hype. Some pretty shots. Nothing new or revolutionary, a lot of bog standard FPS with some terrible lag in places.

In short, pretty standard ATV.

Hahahahaha it looks like planetside 2 but everything is worse.

The best part is the streamers all so desperate to be having fun in this game they all spent thousands on. They're like E3 actors.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

trucutru posted:

Don't be a negative nancy, that second package offers about THREE brand new AAA games in savings!

lmao

I loving love store citizen

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Man I feel real awful for some of the devs at SC though. They're actually doing some... kinda cool stuff with the procedural layouts? But it'll never get used in a meaningful way because the game's design and architecture is such a complete loving disaster. So they toil away on systems that will never get used.

Course, they should also realize its a scam and quit, so I guess they kinda deserve it if they're happy to take blood money.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Once again, they can't make up their minds.

"You don't deserve a refund, because the game doesn't exist yet and is still a work-in-progress!"

also

"You don't deserve a refund, because this is a fully-functioning game and thus you've already got what you paid for!"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

trucutru posted:

what the hell is that poo poo? bwahahaha

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

i felt reminded of Dereks old AV for some reason

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Maltloaf posted:

Space Scam short movie out now.

https://i.imgur.com/rJDw556.mp4

(No idea if I can embed this, Imgur is a pain)

This Thread should qualify for the finer arts.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Dynastocles posted:

Accepting the scam requires holding dissonance in their mind at all times, so it is actually impossible for them to come to a decision within certain degrees of the scam.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh yeah I know, no worries. Sorry if that came off like snarky or whatever, I didn't mean it to. I'm sure I'll figure it out lol

It's fine. I never took it the wrong way. Just eat the eggs, Beet Wagon.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

XK posted:

It's fine. I never took it the wrong way. Just eat the eggs, Beet Wagon.

:stonk:

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Dynastocles posted:

"You don't deserve a refund, because the game doesn't exist yet and is still a work-in-progress!"

also

"You don't deserve a refund, because this is a fully-functioning game and thus you've already got what you paid for!"

Shart Citizen is the world’s first quantum game, like Schroedinger’s cat. It simultaneously is and isn’t finished and amazing and perfect!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jesus christ it looks like the FPS gameplay has gotten worse somehow.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
it can't possibly be worse

it just can't, beet

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Looks terrible. Glad they phoned it in.

Looking forward to all the gameplay that will come with a ship dedicated to healing people because..?

I guess when a ship blows up now you'll be able to..?

And when you're shot dead in 2 seconds like a bad FPS game your medic will be able to...????

I hope the next ship is like an ice cream ship or something. :)

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jul 20, 2018

SCSUcksDealwithit
Jun 29, 2018

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

Man I feel real awful for some of the devs at SC though. They're actually doing some... kinda cool stuff with the procedural layouts? But it'll never get used in a meaningful way because the game's design and architecture is such a complete loving disaster. So they toil away on systems that will never get used.

Course, they should also realize its a scam and quit, so I guess they kinda deserve it if they're happy to take blood money.

Dont you dare feel bad for any of these people. They know what the score is and have known for literally years. Also they havent done anything unique yet.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

To dream the impossible dream
To escape the unbeatable foe
To buy with unbearable sorrow
To pledge where the goon dare not go

To right the unrightable FPS
To love pure and chaste from afar
To try when your wallet's too weary
To reach the unreachable star (citizen)

This is my quest
To follow that game
No matter how hopeless
No matter how lame

To pay for the win
Without question or pause
To march to r/games
For a heavenly cause

And I know if I'll only be true
To this expensive fraud
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm
When I'm laid on my wankpod

And the games will be better for this
That one man, scorned and with a game so bizarre
Chris Roberts with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star (citizen)

trucutru fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jul 20, 2018

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Maltloaf posted:

Holy poo poo :five:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

The best part about this is it only makes respawning more arduous because now instead of having a wait timer on your ship, now you actually have to wait until you get back before you can start the wait timer.

Bonus points for the fact that multi crew is barely functional so there's a better than odd chance that after rescue you get ditched in space as you're thrown through a wall.

Is this official art or fan art? It kind of sucks.

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 20, 2018

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That second reply owns

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

It looks like a carpet installation tool.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

1. Looks at the progress over 6 years
2. ????
3. Comes to the conclusion there will be scenes from Saving Ryan's Privates but in space in the game.

WTF happens to the brain at step 2?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Maltloaf posted:

This is hilarious!

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Imagine having such loyalty to a made up brand that a flim flam artist named after himself.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

Is this official art or fan art? It kind of sucks.

Fan shart.

And now, for something completely different...

FOREIGN.loving.AID.DELIVERIES

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Two things about this new ship:

First, holy poo poo pisssssss at everyone theorycrafting EMS/combat medic gameplay. How the gently caress is anything more complicated than battlefield-style-throw-down-a-medkit even supposed to work? Has any game ever actually done/pulled off the “drag them to the rear and throw them in the chopper” style poo poo these people are expecting in a multiplayer game like this?

Second, I think it’s a really underappreciated lmao that for all the talk about fidelity, for all the making GBS threads on Elite about “space triangles,” every ship in Star Citizen is a loving box with some nacelles on it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

First, holy poo poo pisssssss at everyone theorycrafting EMS/combat medic gameplay. How the gently caress is anything more complicated than battlefield-style-throw-down-a-medkit even supposed to work? Has any game ever actually done/pulled off the “drag them to the rear and throw them in the chopper” style poo poo these people are expecting in a multiplayer game like this?

Second, I think it’s a really underappreciated lmao that for all the talk about fidelity, for all the making GBS threads on Elite about “space triangles,” every ship in Star Citizen is a loving box with some nacelles on it.

America's Army had a really cool medic system that was pretty involved. Unless Chris straight up copies it he could never come up with something like it.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

trucutru posted:

Fan shart.

Def gonna need those data deliveries when they implement Lt. B'atak's crippling spyware to prevent you from communicating real time with anyone.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

doingitwrong posted:

I know Star Citizen has broken everyone brains and perspective, but mostly crowdfunding is paying a nerd who wants to adapt and play the entire Nutcracker Suite on a Marimba the cost of a CD so he can afford to rent a recording studio. Later, he sends you a CD. (My mom loved the album.)

Sometimes things go wrong and the CD is really late or things go really wrong and you never see it. But you're never out much money. Most Kickstarters are for a couple thousand bucks and most pledges are for $10-$35. This is barely even the brokerage fees of being an investor.

The ones I've been involved in have always been a single person with a track record of actually finishing anything and have good stretch goal rewards besides the finished product. I don't think video games are a particularly good fit for crowdfunding (I didn't know PoE had been crowdfunded until I had bought the game on Steam, so that's a rarity), because normally it requires a great deal of time, money and organization to complete a good game, not some private project by just one guy.

I mean, is it too hard to come up with a clearly articulated goal that you intend to stick to? Then don't crowdfund. I'm more inclined to throw in a few bucks to someone who says "I need this thing to do this thing and you can have the thing and extra things if it gets over-funded and here is an example of thing, if you like the idea of it and want a better version etc" than someone who says "i have a dream, follow me", and the inability to tell one thing from another is the thing that distinguishes Citizens from adults.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

XK posted:

We do need to get back to some recipes in here. I've done my part.

My work in progress cheesy monkey bread:

Mix:

1 1/4 cups warm water
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp brown sugar

and let it sit for a hour, or until it has a big frothy goopy head on it.

then add:

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup AP flour
1 cup bread flour
1/4 cup that crappy cheap powdered parmesan, or real parmesan if your rich or something
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dry parsley

Mix with bread hooks until a soft and slightly sticky dough (you may need to add more water or flour if too dry or wet respectively)

Let dough rise for a hour or so.

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F(reedom units)

In a bowl mix:

1 tsp Rosmary (fresh if possible)
1 tsp basil (again fresh if possible)
2 tsp parsley (do I even need to say it this time?)
1 tblsp Dried minced onion
4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp dried sage
1 tblsp olive oil
1 cup shredded cheddar
1/4 cup shredded asiago
1/4 cup cold shredded butter

Roll out the dough on a floured counter top until its about a inch thick, then cut into roughly 1-2 inch chunks.

Toss all the dough chunks in the butter cheese herb mix and roll em' around until coated.

Take a 10' oven safe frying pan, coat with non-stick spray and toss the now herby-cheesy-buttery chunks of dough in it.

Bake for 20-25-ish minutes. (still working on the exact time)

Remove the pan, grate some more cheddar on top and then toss back into the oven for 15 minutes or until you're worried the cheese is gonna burn.

Pop it out, let it cool for 5 minutes and dig in.

BTW this recipe was born out of buying some cheapo frozen cheesy monkey bread and discovering the answer to "How bad could it be?" was "Really bad". Then, after looking online and only finding recipes for pans of half cheese half bread goop, I kinda cobbled together this recipe. It still needs work, but is pretty good.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

trucutru posted:

Fan shart.

Ha, that statement from ForgottenLords is naive as heck. I think you will find no limit to what RSI will sell.

Grubby Hobo
Feb 13, 2018

There's something else about bears not many people know. If a bear gets hooked on the taste of crowdfunding, it becomes a man-killer. He'll go on a rampage and has to be destroyed. And that's why you should never hug a bear.

This is the jack you use to jack up your ship after it clips into the ground.

e: Dammit, I guess I don't understand image tag development. A little help? Fixed!

Grubby Hobo fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 20, 2018

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I made a good fuckin quiche for dinner tonight. I’d post the recipe but it basically amounts to

- buy a pie shell cause you’re too lazy to make one you piece of poo poo

- put a bunch of fuckin breakfast poo poo or vegetables or cheese or whatever in there, like whatever you fuckin want

- fill it with eggs and bake it

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Grubby Hobo posted:

This is the jack you use to jack up your ship after it clips into the ground.

e: Dammit, I guess I don't understand image tag development. A little help?

Html tags generally require something like http: or https: to begin with.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

I corrected a couple typos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Beet Wagon posted:

They covered this back in:

To which I cribbed:

XK posted:

I'm trying to watch this. It's rough.

Now they're talking about medical game play. Over time you can get so much damage you'll have long term effects and have to visit a medical facility. Medical facilities will have diagnostic machines. It will take resources, cost, and time to be diagnosed. You will experience the actual process of going through an MRI. If you get multiple leg injuries, you may end up with a fracture. Your friends might have to carry you to medical facilities for treatment. They're planning long term diseases and health problems, which may affect your vision, how you walk, whether you can use a gun with two hands, or how your character generally behaves.

Let me play the game where I'm feeble and sick.

If anything, they may have dialed things back a little.