Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lmao

Scaramouche posted:

On the one hand I really want to see what they can do with Robinson's star man (and not what will pro ably be loebs star girl) but on the hand I'm really scared of what they can do to Robinson's star man.

Stargirl is Geoff's dead sister. The new Nova is loeb's dead son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

$73 a year? And no 'You get to gently caress Batman' as an incentive? Lame.

buddy, they won't even let me gently caress batman

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

ToastyPotato posted:

The dude gets yearly DC TV jobs and has done a bunch of other stuff for DC. The fact that anyone would take his opinion on DC stuff seriously is a joke. Didn't he also hype the poo poo out of BvS before it came out because he was shown stuff? Has he even ever been critical of DC in the past several years?

And DC gave his daughter one of Margot Robbie’s bats from Suicide Squad.

How hosed up is the Doom Patrol going to be spinning out of this?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Enough about bad comics shows:

https://twitter.com/MarvelIronFist/status/1020126146208456704

nah, just loving with ya, it's iron fist S2 on Sept 7.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
That has got to be the most generic, least content-filled trailer they could’ve possibly put together for Asian Appropriation: Season 2

Comic book tv shows not heading off to a good start this year...

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I assume by year you are using TV Seasons as the measurement with Fall being the start? Because Luke Cage S2 and Cloak and Dagger are good :colbert:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

AngryBooch posted:

I haven't seen the first season of this and nothing at all happens in this teaser, but I'd binge watch it twice before watching Titans.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Looking forward to the second season because more Colleen. Plus they actually gave Jones time to learn poo poo rather than throw him into things with no training. And no Scott Buck!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Codependent Poster posted:

Looking forward to the second season because more Colleen.

Also more Misty.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Rhyno posted:

Why is this shocking? Krypton and Gotham are off in their own worlds.

It's not so much shocking as it is monumentally stupid. Them purposefully separating everything into it's own thing when the entire world is clamoring for everything to be connected just seems overly stupid on their part.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-O posted:

I haven't seen the first season of this and nothing at all happens in this teaser, but I'd binge watch it twice before watching Titans.

Yeah I guess they picked the best possible time to announce Iron Fist Season 2, because anything looks great compared to the Titans trailer.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

And no Scott Buck!

This is going to have the most positive impact on S2 than anything. Although it is nice they actually trained him this time. I also hope they gave him more than fifteen minutes to learn fight choreography before filming.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
More Colleen Wing is what the universe needs right now.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I didn't hate Iron Fist, but this one looks much better. Or rather, I should say I'm more optimistic about it because I really liked Danny in Defenders and in Luke Cage Season 2. So if we can continue that, we're good. Also yes to more Baelleen.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ha they made him joyless and uninteresting again. So much for the growth in Luke Cage S2.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao

Stargirl is Geoff's dead sister. The new Nova is loeb's dead son.

But that series was like the first good thing he wrote since Loeb's kid died.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

X-O posted:

Thinking about putting "gently caress Batman" in every thread title from now on. It's catchy.

Just put it in the title for the subforum.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ToastyPotato posted:

The dude gets yearly DC TV jobs and has done a bunch of other stuff for DC. The fact that anyone would take his opinion on DC stuff seriously is a joke. Didn't he also hype the poo poo out of BvS before it came out because he was shown stuff? Has he even ever been critical of DC in the past several years?

Doesn't he have a story where he brags about reacting with horror and disgust when he was on the set of Batman & Robin in 1996 and heard Joel Schumacher announce to the crew, "Remember, everybody; this is a cartoon."?*

* Disclaimer: this is quite a bit more than "the past several years".

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Shageletic posted:

Ha they made him joyless and uninteresting again. So much for the growth in Luke Cage S2.

That's quite the read from that teaser.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I don't know why they didn't just merge up Luke Cage and Iron Fist, they're a team up in the comics and watching them irritate the poo poo out of each other is much better than them flying solo.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think the reason is the Luke Cage people clearly have no interest in the heroes for hire concept and wanna do their own thing and not be saddled with the Iron Fist story.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MikeJF posted:

I don't know why they didn't just merge up Luke Cage and Iron Fist, they're a team up in the comics and watching them irritate the poo poo out of each other for a season would be great.

Maybe they could rent an office and hire out their services. They could call it something like "Heroes for Hire" or "Super Solutions" or something.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Proteus Jones posted:

Maybe they could rent an office and hire out their services. They could call it something like "Heroes for Hire" or "Super Solutions" or something.

Whaaaaaaaaaat?????? This is a totally new concept to me!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Apparently what we didn't see is really good

quote:

Marvel also premiered a lot of new Iron Fist footage at its San Diego Comic-Con panel (which Marvel has annoyingly not released). Con-goers were treated to a number of scenes showcasing what new fight choreography Clayton Barber—who did Black Panther—dreamt up for Danny, Colleen, and Misty Knight. It can’t be overstated how drastic an improvement there is. One scene in particular finds Danny and Davos in K’un-Lun (in a flashback) during one of their final tests to decide which of them is worthy of facing off against Shou-Lao. After donning masks reminiscent of Iron Fist’s from the comics, the two students are bound together with a long belt and made to beat the everliving hell out of each another until one of them yields. As brutal and bloody as the face-off is, it’s also fluid and elegant in a way that feels fresh, new, and exactly like what you want from Iron Fist.

Beyond the fighting, however, Danny has become much more of a hero than he was at first, thanks to his encounter with Daredevil during The Defenders series. Marvel’s Jeph Loeb explained that fighting alongside Matt Murdock in The Defenders is ultimately what inspires Danny to use his Iron Fist abilities to become a proper street level vigilante. Though the Devil of Hell’s Kitchen might not make an appearance in Iron Fist’s second season, his influence on Danny’s going to play a huge role in in the show’s plot.

While it remains to be seen how much the show will truly improve, the Comic-Con footage actually has us optimistic about the new season, which premieres on September 2. It finally feels like Iron Fist may have figured out want people wanted out of this show in the first place.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm willing to give Iron Fist season 2 a chance. Just the few scenes he had in LCs2 were a drastic improvement to the character.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

This is what doves do, right?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DID YOU KNOW: that doves are the same thing as pigeons and the actual name for the urban pigeon that we all know and hate is "rock dove", it's true.

So, I wouldn't put anything past a so-called "dove"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Unkempt posted:

This is what it sounds like
When doves smash guys faces in

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I haven't decided if Danny wearing a DD costume will be the last shot of his show or the opening of DD S3. It's definitely happening at some point.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

Shes actually a 10000 year old demon in a 13 yo body

- d&c

That's pretty much what I'm expecting. So they'll have her do "adult things"

"Hey Raven, you don't look so good"
"Yea i did a bunch of coke and banged a bunch of guys last night
"Fuckin A!"

Unkempt posted:

She's just slamming a jelly donut in that guys face......right?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Titans talk sort of reminds me of the early 2000s Outsiders run by Judd Winick where they always talked about how much sex they were having (though they didn't often show it) and also teamed up with John Walsh of America's Most Wanted to take down a paedophile ring.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I guess the iron fist talk went well

https://twitter.com/CharlesPulliam/status/1020112993722380288?s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Jeph!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Freakin' white people.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Aside from Loeb's Daniel LaRusso cosplay, yes it did.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Wheat Loaf posted:

Doesn't he have a story where he brags about reacting with horror and disgust when he was on the set of Batman & Robin in 1996 and heard Joel Schumacher announce to the crew, "Remember, everybody; this is a cartoon."?*

* Disclaimer: this is quite a bit more than "the past several years".

He has a bunch of stories bagging on DC movies from before the Nolan era, including the big Superman movie story that kind of went viral many years ago. But since BvS he has been such a DC shill that it is kind of frustrating because he still portrays himself as a general comic fan/geek, when he is financially motivated to be a DC guy.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

AngryBooch posted:

Something something MY CITY something something.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Colleen wasn't having it

https://twitter.com/kohquette/status/1020360721572360192?s=19

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

👏🏾👏🏾 Chloe Bennett should take notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
She's too busy dating a guy who likes to make YouTube videos of suicide victims for laughs