Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I would love to see someone cut the Titans dialog with the Teen Titans Go cartoon footage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I feel like that Green Lantern announcement was specifically for me. I like Hal, and the police lingo GL take from Final Crisis.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Open Marriage Night posted:

I feel like that Green Lantern announcement was specifically for me. I like Hal, and the police lingo GL take from Final Crisis.

No I'm pretty excited.

I loved that part in Final Crisis aside from John not knowing about the evil gods from Apokolips. I mean...he should know that since Darkseid was involved in Cosmic Odyssey.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I like the idea of a police procedural in space that doesn't have universe destroying consequences so I might just give it a try. I am just worried that Morrison will find writing a straight-forward story boring and try go for some meta-textual wankery half way through.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Speaking of Liam Sharp, his Brave and the Bold wrapped this week. Everyone should get the trade when it comes out if they weren't following.
Look at the crazy detail in the first pic.
https://twitter.com/LiamRSharp/status/1019827373695352834
I think the colouring reduces it a little in the actual comic, though.

edit:
Marc Silvestri's Batman comic is finally coming out.
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1020020588167884801
Been hearing about that for years.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 19, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/19/17589522/dc-universe-titans-streaming-service-san-diego-comic-con-2018

DC streaming service is called DC Universe, cones out this fall, is $7.99 a month or $74.99 a year, and includes 2,000-3,000 carefully curated and selected titles.

I'm guessing the "titles" are actually issues. While that is a good amount, I get the feeling we will get a lot of incomplete runs or issues 1-6 are free and the rest can be purchased at $2.99 a piece.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Madkal posted:

I would love to see someone cut the Titans dialog with the Teen Titans Go cartoon footage.

I'd probably prefer that. Lord knows what Doom Patrol is gonna look like at this rate.

Mr Hootington posted:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/19/17589522/dc-universe-titans-streaming-service-san-diego-comic-con-2018

DC streaming service is called DC Universe, cones out this fall, is $7.99 a month or $74.99 a year, and includes 2,000-3,000 carefully curated and selected titles.

I'm guessing the "titles" are actually issues. While that is a good amount, I get the feeling we will get a lot of incomplete runs or issues 1-6 are free and the rest can be purchased at $2.99 a piece.

Lol, I don't like DC this much to pay $8 for streaming and some digital comic books.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

KSD Aquaman is official.
https://twitter.com/Newsarama/status/1020020770133733378

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why is he Keanu

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Haha that Silvestri Batman is just Wolverine with a few missing claws.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm willing to come back for GL, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman with these writers.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1020058317706498048

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

What are the odds it won't even be as close to as whimsical as that art makes it seems to be?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

what's with the weird clouds inside the lightning bolt that makes the bolt lose all its definition

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dale's such a great artist, on board for this ride!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Parallax posted:

what's with the weird clouds inside the lightning bolt that makes the bolt lose all its definition

I'm sure it's supposed to give off the effect that the lightning bolt is glowing with power.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/1020063263432699904

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nope.
NOOOOOOPE.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Yuck

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The twist is that the whole deck Batman has is Jokers, there's really 52 JOKERS.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
You know, I had this thought when the comics news sites (well, CBR I guess) were all "White Knight fixes the Harley problem" or whatever, but I actually loving hate the plot point of "oh, there's actually two/three/a dozen Harleys/Jokers/I don't know, loving Magnetos." It's dumb as gently caress, it strikes me as lazy, and frankly it's stupid enough when it's part of a story, I can't possibly imagine how this is going to 1) be meaty enough to sustain itself, and B) not end up a bad idea from start to finish.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

X-O posted:

The twist is that the whole deck Batman has is Jokers, there's really 52 JOKERS.

Yes. And they're NEW.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So which one finishes first, this or doomsday clock

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

So which one finishes first, this or doomsday clock

I mean there's more issues to come, but for most I think Doomsday Clock is finished. I don't think there's any real buzz for it at all anymore.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hmph.
Not My Freddy Freeman

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

X-O posted:

I mean there's more issues to come, but for most I think Doomsday Clock is finished. I don't think there's any real buzz for it at all anymore.

Yeah, I guess I'm not alone on that. I think Doomsday Clock is Dead on Arrival now. All the buzz is gone and hell I forgot it even existed until you mentioned it. Which is just so loving sad considering how hype everyone was about it.

Anyway, I'm cautiously optimistic about the three Jokers book. I really want to see how that mystery would play out.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yeah. Nobody cares at this point.

It's 90k copies down from #1, but only 11k from #2. Not speaking on the quality for anyone, but the general interest seems pretty stable half way through.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 20, 2018

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Covok posted:

Yeah, I guess I'm not alone on that. I think Doomsday Clock is Dead on Arrival now. All the buzz is gone and hell I forgot it even existed until you mentioned it.
Hell, I'm still waiting for Darkseid War to wrap up! :v:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

Hmph.
Not My Freddy Freeman

I meant poo poo at this point beggars can't be choosers.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I really like the SHAZAM squad, and Dale is the perfect artist for it.

I’ll check out the Jokers because of Fabok. That’s a great cover.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Open Marriage Night posted:

I’ll check out the Jokers because of Fabok. That’s a great cover.
What? They're not even that visually distinct.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

What? They're not even that visually distinct.

Well you see one has a bloody crowbar so he's the murdery one and the other is acting like he's holding a camera so he's the rapey one.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I am surprised that Snyder's slasher monster isn't part of the trio.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I am surprised that Snyder's slasher monster isn't part of the trio.

Not classic enough for Johns to rip offhomage.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
True.

But now I am curious, what is referencing the third Joker? The others are from DITF and TKJ but I'm drawing a blank with the third.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I literally can not think of a comic book I want to read less than "Geoff Johns writes three Jokers at once."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

True.

But now I am curious, what is referencing the third Joker? The others are from DITF and TKJ but I'm drawing a blank with the third.

The initial reveal of the three jokers was Old School Joker, DitF/Killing Joke Joker, Modern Joker.

So, uh, we're off to a good start that they can't keep that consistent.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ImpAtom posted:

I literally can not think of a comic book I want to read less than "Geoff Johns writes three Jokers at once."

Geoff Johns writes Doctor Manhattan vs DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The third one looks like Jack Nicholson Joker to me.