Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Also, it's not as if that show could possibly get worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I predict the show will maintain the same quality it had before, but lots of Internet fans will say it's suddenly gone downhill.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Lycus posted:

I predict the show will maintain the same quality it had before, but lots of Internet fans will say it's suddenly gone downhill.

I like Doctor Who but it is one of the most wildly inconsistent shows currently running in terms of quality. I think this is a pretty common sentiment and not something made up by internet people or whatever.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Hakkesshu posted:

I like Doctor Who but it is one of the most wildly inconsistent shows currently running in terms of quality. I think this is a pretty common sentiment and not something made up by internet people or whatever.

It's a revolving door cast and showrunner kind of thing by design so it's pretty hard to argue that the quality, among other things, doesn't vary considerably.

But the internet will try.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Hakkesshu posted:

I'm not talking about consistency in the show, I'm just smart-assing about some people covering up that they're mad that it's a woman now, which will absolutely happen.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Lycus posted:

I'm not talking about consistency in the show, I'm just smart-assing about some people covering up that they're mad that it's a woman now, which will absolutely happen.

My greatest hope for this season is still for River Song to show up and smooch the doctor, just to see the internet loving implode.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
For the record, the lifting of the Who embargo was a flawed plan.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Every time someone new watches and likes the new Doctor Who, somewhere a CHUD loses his goddamned mind and strokes out.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I hope they rename it to Dr. Who

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Every time someone new watches and likes the new Doctor Who, somewhere a CHUD loses his goddamned mind and strokes out.

A winning strategy for November.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

esperterra posted:

I'd say Walt's assholery surpasses Jesse after a point tbf.

You weren't kidding, his piece-of-poo poo levels skyrocket through season 4. I'm kind of looking forward to him dying now.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It keeps growing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Walter White is a bad character and Breaking Bad falls apart because the show relies on everyone not figuring out his stupid obvious poo poo.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

raditts posted:

You weren't kidding, his piece-of-poo poo levels skyrocket through season 4. I'm kind of looking forward to him dying now.

Jesse is lowkey the most sympathetic person in the show once Walt is through with him.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

esperterra posted:

Jesse is lowkey the most sympathetic person in the show once Walt is through with him.
I think he always was. Jessie is the innocent who gets corrupted.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think he always was. Jessie is the innocent who gets corrupted.

I agree with you 100, though innocent is maybe not the term I'd use for Jesse in S1. He's a burnout and into some bad poo poo but he isn't evil nor has the capacity for it, that's for sure. Kid's been through a lot and any chance of scraping his way out to a normal life is shot when Walt ropes him into helping him in the first place.

Aaron Paul and his performance throughout the series is probably my favourite thing about the show in general. There were a lot of times I was completely over it but kept going for him.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

A timely tweet for this thread
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1020134470446444544

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Walt was hiding his cancer for years

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It could be cute to end the series with them meeting, I guess? tbh I don't watch BCS so I'm not sure what the timeline is in the show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

BCS takes place before and after Breaking Bad.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Mu Zeta posted:

BCS takes place before and after Breaking Bad.

Yeah, I thought it was something like that. So they could definitely play around with the timeline and end on meeting Walt or even go further and do some of BB from Saul's perspective, probably.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

esperterra posted:

Yeah, I thought it was something like that. So they could definitely play around with the timeline and end on meeting Walt or even go further and do some of BB from Saul's perspective, probably.
For me I would like the final season of BCS just be the post BB to see what happens Jimmy, though I hope it doesn't end with him murdered or dying.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Holy poo poo that scene with Beneke's... exit. I had to turn that back to watch it again.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
How the hell did Cloak and Dagger end up being the best written marvel show?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tokSeISW1XQ

lol I guess this is still a thing. I wonder if it'll get cancelled during the first season like his last show.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I wonder how much of the show will be taking things to the table and getting to the bottom of things

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

bentacos posted:

I wonder how much of the show will be taking things to the table and getting to the bottom of things

Brother we need to speak to brown about black. Let's take it to the table.

I bet Mayans will do well enough if only b/c I still see approx 2 million people per week in SoA merch. No matter how dumb it is, if it's bikers doing crazy Kurt Sutter stuff I imagine it'll have a much bigger audience than Bastard Executioner.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Goddamn Atlanta is crazy. I really hope other shows are allowed the freedom to do this kind of thing. It's just so different in how it gives each character time and room to grow without adhering to any kind of traditional format at all.

I mean I was frustrated at times wanting more plot but after finishing the 2nd season I wouldn't trade any episode they did for more of what I thought I wanted.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I finally picked Broadchurch back up, finished season 1, and I am really curious to know how this show can possibly keep going after episode 8. Am I supposed to care about what happens to this community? Because this sure isn't Twin Peaks.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lurdiak posted:

I finally picked Broadchurch back up, finished season 1, and I am really curious to know how this show can possibly keep going after episode 8. Am I supposed to care about what happens to this community? Because this sure isn't Twin Peaks.

Season 2 is the trial and Hardy trying to solve that old murder.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

You should stop there. Season 2 gets real bad

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Seems like they won't need eyes where they're going

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFBuKZNndfk

"Event Horizon the Series" is fine by me, can't wait to really enjoy and have SyFy cancel the poo poo out of it

Oh also Impulse has been renewed. I haven't finished it because it's really heavy

zoux fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 20, 2018

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

Because this sure isn't Twin Peaks.

Regy Rusty posted:

You should stop there. Season 2 gets real bad

They have one thing in common, I guess.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Chibnall bad new DW probably gonna be bad

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

zoux posted:

Seems like they won't need eyes where they're going

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFBuKZNndfk

"Event Horizon the Series" is fine by me, can't wait to really enjoy and have SyFy cancel the poo poo out of it

Oh also Impulse has been renewed. I haven't finished it because it's really heavy

Looks significantly less cheap than I assumed it would be, which is nice. And I've always thought that Event Horizon could use a remake to wash the Paul WS Anderson off.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That pop music again again at 1:15. Kill all marketing people.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Has anyone read Nightflyers? I loved Fevre Dream but that's the only non GoT GRRM I've read. I honestly preferred the steamboat and Mississippi stuff more than the vampire stuff.

Fevre Dream would make an incredible series imo

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mu Zeta posted:

That pop music again again at 1:15. Kill all marketing people.

Can you imagine a world without advertisers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha, I actually saw that episode yesterday and wondered if there was a gif of Lionel Hutz’ daydream.