Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
when we were kids my friends pronounced HIDEO, like the special attack psycho mantis uses on you that makes it look like your TV's input was switched, the same way as wilson from home improvement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I went to the dentist for a routine cleaning and got told (for like the fourth time now because I've been putting it off) that I should get my wisdom teeth pulled, visit an orthodontist, and visit a periodontist to see if they can do something about my gum recession.

Take care of your teeth folks, especially if you have lovely garbage teeth for losers that hate you despite trying to take care of them.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

chumbler posted:

I went to the dentist for a routine cleaning and got told (for like the fourth time now because I've been putting it off) that I should get my wisdom teeth pulled, visit an orthodontist, and visit a periodontist to see if they can do something about my gum recession.

Take care of your teeth folks, especially if you have lovely garbage teeth for losers that hate you despite trying to take care of them.

I had my wisdom teeth pulled on my 19th birthday. That was fun.

A couple of months ago I had a gum graft operation to correct recession. It was the kind where they use a tissue matrix grown in a lab rather than using a strip of donor tissue from elsewhere in your mouth. It was fully healed in like a week and a half.

Medical science is cool.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
let's replace tap water with 100% fluoride so we never have to visit dentists again

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I have to be at the dentist in 12 hours to discuss pulling my wisdom teeth so this thread might be rich in spare teeth soon.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have a partially-erupted wisdom tooth that I have never gotten around to extracting, it's been like three years at this point

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Jesus people get your dental work done!!

Unless you're uninsured and can't afford it because dental care is criminally expensive :smith:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I have extremely strong enamel and dentists always comment on it. It's strange.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I need to get my wisdom teeth removed, they're impacted and causing trouble but I'm on government healthcare and I'm having trouble finding a good surgeon that takes that insurance and also has good reviews.

It still amazes me that there is a surgical procedure where a person who is suffering from some kind of jaw joint issue can get their point toes removed and surgically implanted into their jaw as new joints.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What's the risk of gum recession? I have one canine where you can see the root but everything else seems fine

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What's the risk of gum recession? I have one canine where you can see the root but everything else seems fine

Recession will encroach down to the supporting tissue, increasing your risk of a tooth getting bent out of place and possibly falling out, I think.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

FirstAidKite posted:

Hello my day was absolutely terrible because I'm a brokebrained moron, everyone please tell me how your day went because I want to hear about people who had good days today and people who aren't massively hosed up in the head. What's everybody up to, what're you all eating for dinner, how's the weather, etc

The most significant thing I did today was draw this

I'm a productive person

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

The most significant thing I did today was draw this

I'm a productive person

Ok now edit that bullet homer receding into a bush and you're golden

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

You guys are all awesome. Take care of yourselves.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

Recession will encroach down to the supporting tissue, increasing your risk of a tooth getting bent out of place and possibly falling out, I think.

The enamel is also weaker so cavities and infection are more likely. The tooth may also be way more sensitive to things like cold temperatures or sugar. Basically bad news all around.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mak0rz posted:

I had my wisdom teeth pulled on my 19th birthday. That was fun.

A couple of months ago I had a gum graft operation to correct recession. It was the kind where they use a tissue matrix grown in a lab rather than using a strip of donor tissue from elsewhere in your mouth. It was fully healed in like a week and a half.

Medical science is cool.

when i had a wisdom tooth pulled the doc tried to prescribe me more vicodins than house is shown popping over the show's entire run

i hate the pharmaceutical industrial complex

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
After a middling day at work and putting my kid to bed I went and placed third in my pinball league's season. Tough competition in my area, but I took a small trophy home. Gonna play some Octopath and start some Chapter 2s. I have to fight the urge to keep mindlessly grinding in Disgaea 5 and save it for a rainy day.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Happy Kojima makes me happy :3:

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1020098692982771712

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1020099127361728512

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I desperately want Lynch and Kojima to meet one day and talk about whatever.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I like playing Japanese games with amazing music

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The first 4 .hack// games weren't great or anything and they had pretty major flaws as far as the gameplay goes but I think the biggest shame about it is that it had an entire second script as a new game mode where you'd play through and it'd be a parody/joke script, but that's only in the japanese version and in the english version instead of just doing an english joke stuff or translating the japanese joke stuff, they just included an option to play the game with the original japanese audio.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Housh posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZSSp1ZRMjE

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
release the atelier dusk trilogy on pc koei tecmo you cowards

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

nobody understands me :qq:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Housh posted:

Hell, same.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
release metal gear solid 1-3 on steam kojima you coward

alternatively sit down for 145 minutes and watch fire walk with me

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Mak0rz posted:

The spooky circus guy boss in Hollow Knight is really hard and I don't like that you have to give up two charm notches just to fight him.

His music is bitchin though. Goddamn.

Not only do you lose two notches, but the boss's HP is based on number of strikes you land on him as opposed to a health total and I only found this out by looking at the wiki.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i think it's cute and good that a creator who gets the "God you'd have to be crazy to think of this stuff" finds comfort and joy in another creator who gets the same thing's work.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

The Colonel posted:

release metal gear solid 1-3 on steam kojima you coward

alternatively sit down for 145 minutes and watch fire walk with me
god fire walk with me is so loving good

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The White Dragon posted:

when i had a wisdom tooth pulled the doc tried to prescribe me more vicodins than house is shown popping over the show's entire run

i hate the pharmaceutical industrial complex

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Colonel posted:

release every metal gear + metal gear solid on ps4 kojima you coward

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
tim rogers owns

i cant wait for his four long dragon quest 11 video

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

god fire walk with me is so loving good

i only just recently watched fire walk with me and the first episode of the return.... wow

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ometeotl posted:

Not only do you lose two notches, but the boss's HP is based on number of strikes you land on him as opposed to a health total and I only found this out by looking at the wiki.

Great I have to hit him 50 times don't I

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

this game was good, but frustrating sometimes

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
When I had my wisdom teeth taken out it was a relatively smooth process. Admittedly the reason why I had them taken out as early as I did went a lot less well.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Don't worry thread, when I have mine taken out and I'm on a bunch of painkillers I'll use that time to post more stupid bullshit in here

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The Colonel posted:

release the atelier dusk trilogy on pc koei tecmo you cowards

the true holy grail is a mana khemia pc port

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Hunt11 posted:

When I had my wisdom teeth taken out it was a relatively smooth process. Admittedly the reason why I had them taken out as early as I did went a lot less well.

Mandibuloplasty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Hunt11 posted:

i only had the one extracted because it was putting pressure on my normal molars, and it was in my late twenties. but i did fine with just tylenol, because that was my options. vicodin, or tylenol.

and :420: cake, because you can't smoke after you have an extraction

• Locked thread