Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Curious what the effects on the economy are when you do a one time copy like that. Like all the mr25 guys load up on plat and rivens and prime poo poo and copy over, are they suddenly rich as gently caress?

What happened with the PS4/xbone?

Seems like something you'd want to get in on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Psion posted:

i think steve actually said it directly in that video, it's a question of how much technical risk they're willing to take on. Because that's what it is - making that crossplatform sync happen isn't a one time cost but for every version in the future that's adding extra work to keep the sync working with all the new cases as they make more new stuff, or update old stuff, or whatever.
My suspicion is that it'd be fairly easy to keep the console versions in sync since the patches tend to be ready within a few days of each other. But the PC users would have to choose - wait for the consoles to update in order to remain in sync, or get the updates first but crossplay is inacessible either permenantly or while the consoles are out of sync.

I've recently seen a few games though that have blamed the lack of crossplay on Sony specifically. I can fully believe it, because the PS4 updates get sent off for cert and DE have absolutely no idea of what day or time it'll be available to download. So they have to let the PS4 launcher download it when it's eventually cleared, then announce a time they'll be activating the patch via hotfix.

This drove everyone mad with the Sacrifice, because it took about a week to go from being sent to Sony to downloadable.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Buddy with 500 hours carried me and another through three bounties, and we got each piece of Gara :woop:

Now to figure out where all this crap drops.

Edit: Regarding crossplay, there was some other game recently where the devs said they were working on crossplay. Nintendo was in, Sony was not, which apparently is a big change.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 19, 2018

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I've recently seen a few games though that have blamed the lack of crossplay on Sony specifically. I can fully believe it, because the PS4 updates get sent off for cert and DE have absolutely no idea of what day or time it'll be available to download. So they have to let the PS4 launcher download it when it's eventually cleared, then announce a time they'll be activating the patch via hotfix.

This drove everyone mad with the Sacrifice, because it took about a week to go from being sent to Sony to downloadable.

It's also because Sony has been acting like a spoiled brat this entire generation when it comes to crossplay in general. Sony locking down Epic Games accounts that ever played Fortnite on a PS4 to only be able to play on PS4 or PC comes to mind, especially since there was no warning that they were going to do this.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Yeah, Fortnite was the big one, but Todd Howard straight up said recently that Fallout 76 isn't going to have crossplay and it's Sony' fault:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/7/1/17522794/fallout-76-ps4-xbox-one-cross-platform-play

Following on from the mod nerf on PS4, I don't blame Bethesda for getting in there early in terms of establishing blame.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Quick question, is the Arca Titron worth using? I don't slow weapons like hammers generally, if that matters, and I'm on the fence given how resource heavy it is to build.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Every weapon is worth leveling, and remember you can augment weapons with frames. On really slow weapons you can use volt or harrow, on low damage ones you can use mirage or octavia, etc. I have a volt build that's all duration and strength and I use slow 2 handed weapons with spoiled strike on them since that build let's me get away with it.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Regrettable posted:

I guess I'm wondering how easy it is for a newbie to trade for platinum and whether I should bother with a support ticket or just eat the loss.
Easier things to sell when relatively new are rare prime parts from relics and corrupted mods from derelict vaults. Rare prime parts and good corrupted mods (the 10-rank mods and power stat mods) generally sell for 15-30p. I check warframe.market and nexusstats for prices

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I completed the objectives of a defection mission and hopped on a turret to rack up what I thought would be easy affinity. After about 21 minutes into the mission, it just failed out of nowhere. What could have caused that?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

hoobajoo posted:

Quick question, is the Arca Titron worth using? I don't slow weapons like hammers generally, if that matters, and I'm on the fence given how resource heavy it is to build.

slow weapons can also be helped with fury and berserker mods. gal prime is a blender built right

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Gort posted:

I completed the objectives of a defection mission and hopped on a turret to rack up what I thought would be easy affinity. After about 21 minutes into the mission, it just failed out of nowhere. What could have caused that?

You really do need to babysit the defectors - they constantly lose health, so you have to collect those energy-tubes that you normally use for extractors and deposit them into the life-support modules. As the mission goes on the defectors spawn further and further away, so eventually you have to keep 2 modules topped up so that can regenerate health between each leg of the journey. If you don't, between the DOT and the enemies spawning they're definitely not going to make it to the shuttle.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

You could have completed the objective to the point that you were allowed to leave and then had so many defectors die that it triggered the failure.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I thought they were safe after they'd been rescued.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Gort posted:

I thought they were safe after they'd been rescued.

New ones keep pouring in as long as you don't extract.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
What’s a good frame/weapon loadout for Defection missions? I feel a perverse urge to get my Harrow bits.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Darth Walrus posted:

What’s a good frame/weapon loadout for Defection missions? I feel a perverse urge to get my Harrow bits.

Oberon, both for the grass (throw it in front of the defectors so they walk on it and get the buff) and the healing from renewal. Whatever weapons you like that can swiftly remove Grineer.

tier 1 defection has a different drop rate from tier 2 and 3, so make sure to take the right map for best returns. Caracol or Yursa are the 2/3, I forget which one has the better tileset or if there's a difference.

Psion fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 20, 2018

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Return to Warframe report :

Harrow is fiddly. But cool.

Arca Plasmor is fing amazing and I shouldn't have put it off so long. (Lenz still cooler though)

I'd forgotten how awesome the Presidio skin on Mesa looks. <3

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Psion posted:

Oberon, both for the grass (throw it in front of the defectors so they walk on it and get the buff) and the healing from renewal. Whatever weapons you like that can swiftly remove Grineer.

tier 1 defection has a different drop rate from tier 2 and 3, so make sure to take the right map for best returns. Caracol or Yursa are the 2/3, I forget which one has the better tileset or if there's a difference.

Two Oberons to cover healing for both sets of evacuees, two Lokis to cover pathfinding bugs for both sets of evacuees using the switch teleport.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
So, I was apparently trying to farm wisps WITHOUT Loot Detector. Threw it onto my frame and sentinel and now I'm finding them muuuuuch more easily, and now I've finally got am amp that isn't complete dogshit! It's finally possible to pick up 2-3 wisps every time I run a bounty, it's awesome, and will make getting my next amp much easier. Now I just need to get one of the approved dolon-hunting frames and stop relying on Zephyr so much.

There's so much in this game that I'm almost entirely ignorant of, stuff I had access to all along but never used it and completely changes the game when I realize that it exists. My latest example - After WW I chose the Zenurik school for my operator, on goon recommendation, and the extra energy from pickups was IMMEDIATELY useful. I also put a few points into the Energizing Dash ability, reading it like 'something something energy regen zone when you dash yeah sure ok whatevs', and never, ever used it since I almost never use my operator.

Now that I've got a non-garbage amp that I'd actually like to level, I'm popping out of my frame more often to blast fools, and all of a sudden 'heyy....my energy is going up! THAT'S what this does?! ...wait, I could have done this ALL ALONG?! Goddamnit.'

There's been so many times when I've been in some serious danger because whatever frame I was using was just too drat energy hungry and I couldn't use my abilities.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Darth Walrus posted:

Limbo.

Banish the evacuees, they're immortal, job done.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
ive been using the recruit chat on xbox to find groups to help carry me through the star map quickly, and everyone calls limbo a troll frame. why?

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

SquirrelGrip posted:

ive been using the recruit chat on xbox to find groups to help carry me through the star map quickly, and everyone calls limbo a troll frame. why?

Some of limbo's abilities separate whatever is caught IN his phase-shifting AOE bubbles from whatever is outside them, meaning that Limbo can independently make the decision that only THESE enemies in THIS area can be attacked, frustrating everyone else on the team.

They tweaked his abilities recently to make it so that you COULD attack things outside the bubble, but he can still be incredibly annoying. For example, if he casts his bubble on top of a key you need to pick up or object you need to interact with, you ain't doing poo poo until it dissipates.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

SquirrelGrip posted:

Limbo is very powerful, but also very mechanically unique and can be very confusing/inconvenient to be around if you (or the limbo) don't know what they're doing/how to play around them.

Once you know Limbo's tricks you can generally peacefully coexist if they're not totally incompetent or intentionally trolling.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's also the fact that in 99% of content a limbo's abilities are gross overkill compared to how quickly your team can probably delete enemies anyways so anything to get in the way of that happening is just outright a hindrance

also see: frosts putting up bubbles in scenarios where they're not even remotely needed and blocking shots because of it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

McKilligan posted:

So, I was apparently trying to farm wisps WITHOUT Loot Detector. Threw it onto my frame and sentinel and now I'm finding them muuuuuch more easily, and now I've finally got am amp that isn't complete dogshit! It's finally possible to pick up 2-3 wisps every time I run a bounty, it's awesome, and will make getting my next amp much easier. Now I just need to get one of the approved dolon-hunting frames and stop relying on Zephyr so much.

There's so much in this game that I'm almost entirely ignorant of, stuff I had access to all along but never used it and completely changes the game when I realize that it exists. My latest example - After WW I chose the Zenurik school for my operator, on goon recommendation, and the extra energy from pickups was IMMEDIATELY useful. I also put a few points into the Energizing Dash ability, reading it like 'something something energy regen zone when you dash yeah sure ok whatevs', and never, ever used it since I almost never use my operator.

Now that I've got a non-garbage amp that I'd actually like to level, I'm popping out of my frame more often to blast fools, and all of a sudden 'heyy....my energy is going up! THAT'S what this does?! ...wait, I could have done this ALL ALONG?! Goddamnit.'

There's been so many times when I've been in some serious danger because whatever frame I was using was just too drat energy hungry and I couldn't use my abilities.

it activates when you do an operator dash. the energy regen doesn't work while using a channeled frame power, like world on fire or renewal, so zenurik isn't always the absolute best choice. still, for most frames in most situations, energizing dash is very useful.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i refuse to ever be thoughtful of my squads needs as i magnetize bubble the entire room

but at least ill try to pull grineer into it

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the difference there is that at least magnetize has you hurting things when you shoot into it

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Johnny Joestar posted:

there's also the fact that in 99% of content a limbo's abilities are gross overkill compared to how quickly your team can probably delete enemies anyways so anything to get in the way of that happening is just outright a hindrance

also see: frosts putting up bubbles in scenarios where they're not even remotely needed and blocking shots because of it

I had 2 frosts in a defense mission set up some retarded interlocking grid of loving bubbles and couldn't figure out why we were having so much trouble

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

honestly the world would probably be a better place if there was just some clearly placed tool tip telling frosts that they can cast 1 to remove their bubble

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

frost's bubble is a total piece of poo poo - Everyone who's used gara

Also, wanna see grineer smack into a loving window like seagulls over and over? have a Khora cast strangledome inside gara's wall, it's really good.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Berke Negri posted:

honestly the world would probably be a better place if there was just some clearly placed tool tip telling frosts that they can cast 1 to remove their bubble

They were proud of setting it up. I didn't want to ruin it for them they were so proud.

It was like when i was 5 and made a city out of stretched string in the living room. My mom told me how cool it was and i couldn't find any string for years after that.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

sockpuppetclock posted:

Easier things to sell when relatively new are rare prime parts from relics and corrupted mods from derelict vaults. Rare prime parts and good corrupted mods (the 10-rank mods and power stat mods) generally sell for 15-30p. I check warframe.market and nexusstats for prices

Good to know, thanks.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Johnny Joestar posted:

It's very frustrating when a Frost comes to interception and they bubble the points. Like, hey dingdong, I can't shoot into that you're only protecting the enemy. At least Limbo's poo poo runs out or can be cancelled; Frost's bubbles are there for life.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I farmed argon crystals for a blueprint. I went to use the blueprint the next day and the crystals were gone. Apparently that's what they do, they evaporate from your inventory after enough time and the game doesn't warn you ahahahaha. That little touch was chinagame.exe levels of obtuse.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

hoobajoo posted:

It's very frustrating when a Frost comes to interception and they bubble the points. Like, hey dingdong, I can't shoot into that you're only protecting the enemy. At least Limbo's poo poo runs out or can be cancelled; Frost's bubbles are there for life.

You can kill the bubble. It just has poo poo loads of hp.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

argons a drag and is singular in that regard but there's some good short low level void instances where you can usually get 1-3 in not a lot of time

the annoying thing is that means anytime you do need it you won't have it so it's always a speed bump for some new shiny thing

Test-0
Jul 15, 2006

It lives...

McKilligan posted:

They tweaked his abilities recently to make it so that you COULD attack things outside the bubble, but he can still be incredibly annoying. For example, if he casts his bubble on top of a key you need to pick up or object you need to interact with, you ain't doing poo poo until it dissipates.

Operators can. They can never be rifted, even standing in the middle of cataclysm, so you can just pop in scoop it up, press the button or hack whatever needed.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

You can kill the bubble. It just has poo poo loads of hp.

They'll just put it up again and it's a waste of time. W/e, just a pet peeve of mine.

Test-0 posted:

Operators can. They can never be rifted, even standing in the middle of cataclysm, so you can just pop in scoop it up, press the button or hack whatever needed.

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I just got my very own ship millenial, and I have no idea what's happening or what any of this means nor why I should care... so, in other words, Warframe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gonkish posted:

I just got my very own ship millenial, and I have no idea what's happening or what any of this means nor why I should care... so, in other words, Warframe.

Congratulations, you just started on the path to being able to choose between a ton of useful things.

Do you use a lot of energy? Zenurik will give you more than most frames will ever need.
Do you do a lot of melee? Naramon will let you keep your combo up practically forever instead of resetting, it also pays for itself by increasing the amount of focus you gain from melee kills.
Do you want defense? Unairu gives you increased armor and damage reflection and also lets you do a ton of burst damage with Unairu Wisp.
Do you want raw damage? Madurai boosts your physical and elemental damage.
Do you want some, uh, general utility? I guess Vazarin's affinity range and instant revives are kind of ok in EOS and it's kind of a pocket healer.

It's going to take some time before any of these become useful and even longer before your kiddo does but when they do they're amazing.